PDA

View Full Version : Wolves Next 8 Games (Good Measuring Stick)

WSU Tony
01-26-2009, 12:32 PM
Guess who we're playing next, everyone. The short handed Bucks!

The Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, Hawks, Rockets, and Hornets are after that. If those 6 teams don't play short handed and we win 3 of 6 I'll agree with you guys that we are developing and have enough talent to win a championship. Winning 3 of 6 would mean we can keep up with the 'big dogs.' If we win 2 or less, will you guys finally agree with James, Jwin, and myself that this rebuilding process isn't complete?

Does that sound fair?

Jefferson25
01-26-2009, 01:03 PM
The Wolves next 8 games should be a good measuring stick.

Today: Milwaukee (this is not a good measuring stick)
Wed, Jan 28 Detroit
Fri, Jan 30 LA Lakers
Sun, Feb 1 Boston
Tue, Feb 3 Indiana
Wed, Feb 4 Atlanta
Sat, Feb 7 Houston
Sun, Feb 8 New Orleans
Tue, Feb 10 Toronto

If we cannot win against these teams then we are still in rebuilding mode.
What do you guys think? If we lose all or most of them are we still in rebuilding mode and need more talent from the draft?

WSU Tony
01-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Wow. You should quote me for this post, lol.

Beyond the Bucks game if we win 4 of the next 8 I'll officially (and whole heartedly) agree with you guys. I hope you guys will be open to changing your opinions if we play very poorly this next stretch. We are coming in hot (red hot) so that should help us win as well. Honestly, I want us to win. I'd love to have your guys mentality and not ve thinking about he declining draft pick in the back of my mind as we win versus terrible teams. Honestly, I hope we win the next 8 so I can change my mentality. Unfotunately, I'm realisitic and only see us winning 2 of those games, max.

thesparky33
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I really dont think it comes down to these next 8 games or whatever.

So you're saying that if we win 3 of those 6 games, you think we are ready to contend, yet if we win 2, and barely lose the 3rd, we should tank and rebuild?

Whatever happened to wanting your team to win? I think I'm gonna go and root for the Twins to lose next season in every thread next season... ;)

WSU Tony
01-26-2009, 01:33 PM

So you're saying that if we win 3 of those 6 games, you think we are ready to contend, yet if we win 2, and barely lose the 3rd, we should tank and rebuild?

Whatever happened to wanting your team to win? I think I'm gonna go and root for the Twins to lose next season in every thread next season... ;)

It's a very easy cop out to say the next 8 games won't matter as far as our development as a true bearing for how good of a team we are. Basing our future on beating really bad teams or teams which are short handed is a bad way of juding our talent. Beating good teams and staying with the 'big dogs' is a much better way to see how good of a team we really are.

Draft picks for the Twins take 2-4 years to make any effect on the team where as basketball a draft pick can contribute the very next year. You could, however, make the argument that you want players to do poorly because if they do too well the Twins can't afford them any more. That is legit, sort of. :D

jwin2005
01-26-2009, 01:35 PM

C'mon Sparky you know what Tony means... these games are gonna give us a great read on where the team is at... it doesnt matter if we win 1 or 2 it matters if it shows that we are going to be able to compete with these teams this year and into the future so we can win a championship one day.

If not let us rebuild and bring in more talent so down the road we can beat these teams

Hawkeye15
01-26-2009, 02:07 PM
Guess who we're playing next, everyone. The short handed Bucks!

The Pistons, Lakers, Celtics, Hawks, Rockets, and Hornets are after that. If those 6 teams don't play short handed and we win 3 of 6 I'll agree with you guys that we are developing and have enough talent to win a championship. Winning 3 of 6 would mean we can keep up with the 'big dogs.' If we win 2 or less, will you guys finally agree with James, Jwin, and myself that this rebuilding process isn't complete?

Does that sound fair?

nope, it doesn't. you can't make a deal on my feelings, I can't force you either. Think what you want, as long as you root, or don't root, but at least follow the Wolves religiously, you are ok in my book

WSU Tony
01-26-2009, 02:13 PM
nope, it doesn't. you can't make a deal on my feelings, I can't force you either. Think what you want, as long as you root, or don't root, but at least follow the Wolves religiously, you are ok in my book

I'm glad you can keep things civil! These are all just opinions, we must all remember that. Sometimes I forget and if I have recently, I'm sorry.

Why has the last 10-12 games vs bad teams a good indicator in your theory of winning breeds winning but 8 games vs good teams are a bad indicator? I'm not trying to put you on the spot I just want to know your thinking.

Hawkeye15
01-26-2009, 02:25 PM
I'm glad you can keep things civil! These are all just opinions, we must all remember that. Sometimes I forget and if I have recently, I'm sorry.

Why has the last 10-12 games vs bad teams a good indicator in your theory of winning breeds winning but 8 games vs good teams are a bad indicator? I'm not trying to put you on the spot I just want to know your thinking.

oh it will be a very good indicator where we are, that isn't the point. I am not going to put my faith in 8 games, just like I am not putting it in the previous 15. I will determine at the end of the season what I personally think about the direction of this team. Now, whatever the other fans think is up to them. Look, if I didn't like conversation about them, I wouldn't be on this board. And I respect any Wolves fan, whether they agree with the level of talent or direction that I do. If I ever get uncivil, let me know. I tend to see things in black/white, so I can go a bit overboard now and then.

GOGOGOMEZ08
01-26-2009, 02:26 PM
Hey im just glad we are beating the crappy teams because that's what you are supposed to do, if we were losing to these teams then we would know that we are in trouble

WSU Tony
01-26-2009, 02:34 PM
Hey im just glad we are beating the crappy teams because that's what you are supposed to do, if we were losing to these teams then we would know that we are in trouble

The seasons already over as far as playoff picture goes, shouldn't we already be treading water?

GOGOGOMEZ08
01-26-2009, 03:54 PM
I think it will be good for next year if we can finish this year with some confidence, and create somewhat of a winning culture to build on for next year.

thesparky33
01-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Yeah, I would agree that the games against the top teams are a good measuring stick, but at the same time, I am not going to judge the whole "building" process on that.

WSU Tony
01-26-2009, 04:11 PM
Yeah, I would agree that the games against the top teams are a good measuring stick, but at the same time, I am not going to judge the whole "building" process on that.

It's too bad it's only 6-8 games vs hard teams. If we had more than that lined up we might better judge the team but with this limited information I think we can draw the conclusions we need for how this franchise is being built. Don't forget, I WANT us to win. Unfortunately the unbiased fan I am thinks we'll loose quite a few of those games.

thesparky33
01-26-2009, 07:26 PM
It's too bad it's only 6-8 games vs hard teams. If we had more than that lined up we might better judge the team but with this limited information I think we can draw the conclusions we need for how this franchise is being built. Don't forget, I WANT us to win. Unfortunately the unbiased fan I am thinks we'll loose quite a few of those games.

Yeah, I'm not expecting us to keep up the 75% or whatever win percentage we have currently against those teams. I'd be satisfied with winning half of the next 8 games, including tonight's game against Milwaukee.

Luv Da New Pack
01-26-2009, 11:29 PM
One thing I think keeps getting lost in these posts of rebuilding vs "we're ready to go" is this:

NOBODY THINKS WE'RE CLOSE TO TAKING THE CHAMPIONSHIP

The reason we're excited is because the Wolves are learning to play as a team and win. Beating who was set in front of us is never supposed to be a bad thing so to say "we only beat short-handed teams" or teams with a losing record is not something that I understand. I don't see how people can't appreciate what the team has done and remember, we were one of the teams that lost to EVERYBODY (losing teams and winning teams). We've moved out of the cellar and usually give EVERY TEAM a fight. Couldn't you say that we are short-handed because we're missing the shooting of Miller? What about the veteran presence of Ollie? Teams are always trying to get better and the Wolves are no exception but gaining confidence and chemistry is essential to this young team and I can honestly say that I did not expect this when we were struggling.

I don't know if anyone has seen a team grow from perpetual losers but it's exciting to me because I've seen teams that are nothing and teams that are annually good. To see the transition is awesome.

PurpleJesus
01-26-2009, 11:50 PM
The Wolves next 8 games should be a good measuring stick.

Today: Milwaukee (this is not a good measuring stick)
Wed, Jan 28 Detroit
Fri, Jan 30 LA Lakers
Sun, Feb 1 Boston
Tue, Feb 3 Indiana
Wed, Feb 4 Atlanta
Sat, Feb 7 Houston
Sun, Feb 8 New Orleans
Tue, Feb 10 Toronto

If we cannot win against these teams then we are still in rebuilding mode.
What do you guys think? If we lose all or most of them are we still in rebuilding mode and need more talent from the draft?

we are in rebuilding mode regardless is we win them or lose them, i just think its a good idea to grow while rebuilding, and by winning, you grow.

PurpleJesus
01-26-2009, 11:52 PM
Wow. You should quote me for this post, lol.

Beyond the Bucks game if we win 4 of the next 8 I'll officially (and whole heartedly) agree with you guys. I hope you guys will be open to changing your opinions if we play very poorly this next stretch. We are coming in hot (red hot) so that should help us win as well. Honestly, I want us to win. I'd love to have your guys mentality and not ve thinking about he declining draft pick in the back of my mind as we win versus terrible teams. Honestly, I hope we win the next 8 so I can change my mentality. Unfotunately, I'm realisitic and only see us winning 2 of those games, max.

K, we are beating bad teams, that means we are better than them, theres also nothing wrong with beating teams you should beat, if we lost to the short-handed bucks tonight, how bad would that make us look?

WSU Tony
01-26-2009, 11:59 PM
we are in rebuilding mode regardless is we win them or lose them, i just think its a good idea to grow while rebuilding, and by winning, you grow.

Didn't you say we were in win mode last night? Now we're in rebuilding mode? I'm confused.

PurpleJesus
01-27-2009, 12:08 AM
Didn't you say we were in win mode last night? Now we're in rebuilding mode? I'm confused.

not in champioship win mode, i was saying we have won 11 of our past 15 which is a good thing, you said a metaphor that had the meaning do what you are doing while you are doing it, and right now we are winning the majority of our games. Whats wrong with rebuilding while winning, if you arent winning, you arent improving, for example, we will have a better record than last year, therefore we are progressing.

WSU Tony
01-27-2009, 12:13 AM
not in champioship win mode, i was saying we have won 11 of our past 15 which is a good thing, you said a metaphor that had the meaning do what you are doing while you are doing it, and right now we are winning the majority of our games. Whats wrong with rebuilding while winning, if you arent winning, you arent improving, for example, we will have a better record than last year, therefore we are progressing.

Think more about player development and less about the record. If we play well but lose on a buzzer beater we don't improve? I beg to differ.

If we play well in the next 8 games but lose every one of them on a very close game or last minute play I'll switch my opinion, even though we didn't win.

PurpleJesus
01-27-2009, 12:18 AM
Think more about player development and less about the record. If we play well but lose on a buzzer beater we don't improve? I beg to differ.

If we play well in the next 8 games but lose every one of them on a very close game or last minute play I'll switch my opinion, even though we didn't win.

losig games, even on buzzer beaters messes with a players head, confidence is a big part of this game. For example, K-Love can hit mid-range shots, he didnt do it earlier in the season, now he has hit a couple recently, and he takes that shot with confidence, Big Al has learned how to take the game into his hands, if we were losing, the team wouldnt think he could get it done, which he can. Theres no doubt we are improving as a team, we are better than last year, and next year i can only assume we will be better than this year.

WSU Tony
01-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Think more about player development and less about wins. How can 1 shot at the end of the game determine if we've developed that game or not? That's just rediculous.

PurpleJesus
01-27-2009, 12:40 AM
Think more about player development and less about wins. How can 1 shot at the end of the game determine if we've developed that game or not? That's just rediculous.

Because if you win, you learn to win, if you lose consistently, you learn to lose

WSU Tony
01-27-2009, 12:42 AM
Because if you win, you learn to win, if you lose consistently, you learn to lose

1 shot to determine our development! Here it comes! At the buzzer!

PurpleJesus
01-27-2009, 12:47 AM
did i say thats all that matters? and is it realistic that most games are going to be won at the buzzer, i just think its better for development to win the game at the buzzer rather than lose it at the buzzer

PurpleJesus
01-27-2009, 12:47 AM
1 shot to determine our future in the draft... here it comes? risky risky risky

jwin2005
01-27-2009, 01:32 AM
The Wolves are playing great with a lot of confidence... I cant wait to see where we stack up against the NBA's best teams. Do you guys think we will hold our own?

I still think if we keep playing to our fullest potential we still might be a bottom ten team in the NBA... hopefully we keep our pick. I personally don't like the way the team is built at the moment. I don't like Telfair, Gomes, McCants. We need to switch those guys with better talent.

WSU Tony
01-27-2009, 01:34 AM
did i say thats all that matters? and is it realistic that most games are going to be won at the buzzer, i just think its better for development to win the game at the buzzer rather than lose it at the buzzer

if you arent winning, you arent improving,

?

jwin2005
01-27-2009, 03:06 AM
Up next... Detroit... finally a good team to face

WSU Tony
01-27-2009, 12:39 PM
It will be fun to watch. We've generally played pretty crappy teams the last few weeks and coming off of them red hot it'll be interesting to see what happens. Who will step up tonight? Versus the Bulls it was Jefferson/Love and last night it was Gomes. Bassy? Carney? Cardinal? (:))

Oefarmy2005
01-27-2009, 02:10 PM
I agree with what Purple is saying. Not me not anyone else arguing that winning is good is saying that the rebuilding process is complete. I am not going to look at it and judge it until 2010, the year we are trying to lower our cap for. In the mean time, winning or loosing doesn't really matter, except that I'll take winning over loosing any day. I don't like putting all the stock on the one draft pick we might get or not get this year. Look at the Heat, it was a playoff team that tanked like crazy and ended up with Beasley, who hasn't wowed anyone this season.

WSU Tony
01-27-2009, 02:33 PM
I agree with what Purple is saying. Not me not anyone else arguing that winning is good is saying that the rebuilding process is complete. I am not going to look at it and judge it until 2010, the year we are trying to lower our cap for. In the mean time, winning or loosing doesn't really matter, except that I'll take winning over loosing any day. I don't like putting all the stock on the one draft pick we might get or not get this year. Look at the Heat, it was a playoff team that tanked like crazy and ended up with Beasley, who hasn't wowed anyone this season.

It's whether you have more faith in a big ticket FA signing to play in Minnesota or more faith in a high draft pick turning out.

thesparky33
01-27-2009, 02:44 PM
So let me get this straight... what's wrong with the team winning?

Nobody thinks this team is complete, it's just that I think that its nice to win while you're still building (we're done rebuilding, right now we're just building) because it builds more character and instills a lot of positive things. If we were losing at the clip that we are winning right now, the arguments would be about how we need to start over all over again, trade Al Jeff, trade Foye, etc. Right now, we're seeing how good Al Jeff is, we're seeing how valuable Foye can be, etc.

I dont see how there are people on here that are against us winning, no matter who the teams are.

Al_Jefferson25
01-27-2009, 03:12 PM
I love the way the wolves have been playing lately. Regardless ive been watching them every game every season. and the way the team looks right now im really excited. we would be so dangerous if mike miller would start hitting his shots hes slumping badly at the moment. Rodney carney is so fast wow blows my mind i was waiting for him to get some burn with this team. bassy plays out of control at times but when his minds right he is so tough. ryan gomes can do so many things. craig smith works hard and given the right matchup he can put the ball in the basket. mccants is a good scorer but too much of a black hole. we all know what al brings to the table. foye has seemed so much better since he moved out of the point. corey is a great defender and if he could just slow down on offense hed be a lethal combo. k-love is awesome what a rebounder and he just makes the smart play mature beyond his years. we need to do something with mccants mad dog and booth but other than that i like the rest of the guys on the team. i really dont see us rebuilding right now the foundation is there we just need to build on that. the future looks very bright.

jwin2005
01-27-2009, 07:41 PM
Twolves baby are going to lose a lot of their next 6 games

WSU Tony
01-27-2009, 07:43 PM
They'll win 5 or 6 of 15.

PurpleJesus
01-27-2009, 07:44 PM
So let me get this straight... what's wrong with the team winning?

Nobody thinks this team is complete, it's just that I think that its nice to win while you're still building (we're done rebuilding, right now we're just building) because it builds more character and instills a lot of positive things. If we were losing at the clip that we are winning right now, the arguments would be about how we need to start over all over again, trade Al Jeff, trade Foye, etc. Right now, we're seeing how good Al Jeff is, we're seeing how valuable Foye can be, etc.

I dont see how there are people on here that are against us winning, no matter who the teams are.

Nice way to put it, I wish i thought of that earlier. We we were rebuilding after we lost our superstar, we gathered pieces, made trades, cleared up future cap room, gained some draft picks, now we just have to hope our team develops and builds as we add a couple draft picks here, and a few more FA there.

thesparky33
01-27-2009, 09:11 PM
Nice way to put it, I wish i thought of that earlier. We we were rebuilding after we lost our superstar, we gathered pieces, made trades, cleared up future cap room, gained some draft picks, now we just have to hope our team develops and builds as we add a couple draft picks here, and a few more FA there.

Yeah. If you really think about it, in terms of building something, we already have our foundation placed (Jefferson), and we have a solid framework built around (Foye, Brewer, Carney, Miller, Love), but at the same time, we arent done building, and there are additional pieces still left.

But at the moment, the "building so far" has functioned well.

PurpleJesus
01-27-2009, 09:28 PM
I also think that its very possible to find a PG or C in the middle of the draft. The pieces will come, I also think that if someone like Ty Lawson dropped out of the top ten, and we didnt yet pick up a PG, we would re-allocate some of our draft assets (like that one tony?) to move up and get the guy we need.

WSU Tony
01-27-2009, 09:35 PM
I also think that its very possible to find a PG or C in the middle of the draft. The pieces will come, I also think that if someone like Ty Lawson dropped out of the top ten, and we didnt yet pick up a PG, we would re-allocate some of our draft assets (like that one tony?) to move up and get the guy we need.

Very good, grasshopper. :)

I'm not a big fan of Lawson, though. Have you realized that Love and Telfair get blocked like 3 times a game between the two? A 6 foot PG has to have something special to make up for the lack of height and I don't think Lawson or Collison have 'it.' Teague and Holiday are a bit bigger.

Hawkeye15
01-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Very good, grasshopper. :)

I'm not a big fan of Lawson, though. Have you realized that Love and Telfair get blocked like 3 times a game between the two? A 6 foot PG has to have something special to make up for the lack of height and I don't think Lawson or Collison have 'it.' Teague and Holiday are a bit bigger.

agreed. If you are short, better have speed, and that seperation ability that few have. Holiday and Rubio have it.

PurpleJesus
01-27-2009, 09:38 PM
Whats Holliday averaging, less than ten a game? not sure if i like it, and not sure if he will come out. I realize Holliday has to share the ball quite a bit with that team, but he also doesnt play point, and is considered another "tweener guard"

WSU Tony
01-27-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll get Teague, Thabeet, or Holiday.

howiend
01-27-2009, 10:42 PM
I'm really looking forward to these next 8 games. It will be fun to see where we are at. The last two games we have not played well (bulls and bucks). Not sure it is a good thing that we won anyway - meaning we are now balanced enough that we can play bad and win. Rebuilding process is definitely not over.

IowaAJ
01-27-2009, 10:47 PM
yeah it's a good thing to win when you aren't at your best is a very good thing.

PurpleJesus
01-27-2009, 11:31 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb and say we'll get Teague, Thabeet, or Holiday.

regardless if we win or lose?

I think so, i know i said that i would rather keep all four picks in the past, but that was when i thought we were the worst team in the NBA, with the way we are playing, i dont think we are, and therefore, i dont think we need four new players, I think we should do what it takes to trade, and get one of the three players we need the most. Thabeet to me is who we need most because we need a C, we need defense, and we need size.

WSU Tony
01-28-2009, 12:37 AM
Can you imagine what the rest of the league would have to deal with if we had Jefferson, Love, and Thabeet? Not only that but think offensively with Thabeet in the paint, Jefferson with a 8-12 foot shot, and Foye/Miller as SG with another good shooting PG! If we could teach Thabeet to go HARD to the rim, we'd be in good shape. The kid likes to lay the ball up even though he's only 3 feet from the rim....

jwin2005
01-29-2009, 12:42 AM
one loss down... five to six more to go

I think the Wolves are going to have a tough time during this stretch

Sport
01-29-2009, 08:16 AM
If you look back to the late '90s when we were rebuilding with Garnett, it was just him. We didnt bring in other pieces, unless you count Marbury, who *****ed his way out of town. Or Billups who was never given a fair shot here.

IMO this team is further along than the Garnett days. Not saying Jefferson is better than Garnett, but would you rather have Garnett, or Jefferson/Love/Foye/Carney/Brewer?

We didnt build around KG the "right" way,and it cost us dearly.

We did alright with just KG, so I really like our future with these guys.

jwin2005
01-29-2009, 04:36 PM
I will be at the Lakers game... more than likely cheering on Kobe and watching him pick us apart

But it will be fun watching the Wolves try to compete with one of the best teams

jwin2005
01-29-2009, 04:43 PM
If you look back to the late '90s when we were rebuilding with Garnett, it was just him. We didnt bring in other pieces, unless you count Marbury, who *****ed his way out of town. Or Billups who was never given a fair shot here.

IMO this team is further along than the Garnett days. Not saying Jefferson is better than Garnett, but would you rather have Garnett, or Jefferson/Love/Foye/Carney/Brewer?

I agree with you.

Here is an interesting look at how to build our team (Minnesota = frigid cold)

Jimmy (jwin2005): As of today, the Timberwolves are going to have an enormous amount of cap room in 2010. Any chance they can land one or two quality players to play alongside Jefferson?

John Hollinger: (3:12 PM ET ) Look, when it comes to cap space the NBA is a two-tiered system. The first tier is teams like Miami, LA and Phoenix who have great weather and lots of night life and can get a player in free agency even if another team offers just as much. Minnesota is pretty much at the other end of that spectrum, thanks to the frigid winters ... so you can't count on free agency unless you're willing to grossly overpay somebody. So a better option for Minny is to use that cap space in trades and try to build the team that way ... it's harder, but it can be done.

silverson
01-29-2009, 04:49 PM
Can you imagine what the rest of the league would have to deal with if we had Jefferson, Love, and Thabeet? Not only that but think offensively with Thabeet in the paint, Jefferson with a 8-12 foot shot, and Foye/Miller as SG with another good shooting PG! If we could teach Thabeet to go HARD to the rim, we'd be in good shape. The kid likes to lay the ball up even though he's only 3 feet from the rim....

Tony I completely agree with you. I also think we need a good scoring guard and a defensive center. The only thing I don't know is wether we should look for a SG or a PG. It's not that I believe that Foye is a better PG than SG. The contrary. But first of all the team wants him to play there. At least that's what they said at the start of the season. The second reason is that finding a good SG is much easier than finding a PG IMO. Don't know about Thabeet. Haven't seen him so I have no opinion.

silverson
01-29-2009, 04:51 PM

Great post. If you add role players like Smith or Gomes, the only thing that's left is finding 1 or 2 good players either from draft or cap space. The success of this team depends on who these players are going to be.

jwin2005
01-29-2009, 04:57 PM
these players are nothing sorry to kill your dreams

Gomes = nothing
Smith = efficient 10ppg, can't guard taller forwards

silverson
01-29-2009, 06:33 PM

Gomes = nothing

I will not try to change your mind. It is my opinion that these 10p are valuable during the flaw of the game. The breaths the starters take when they come in are valuable. No great team existed without having good (which means reliable) role players. Other than that you can believe whatever you want of these players. It's not something to fight over;)

jwin2005
01-29-2009, 08:54 PM
That is true I will not fight over those guys. Great role players nothing else. Lakers game Friday! I am pumped... I want to see Kobe destroy us.

Also I wonder if Kevin Love and Al Jeff will play extra hard since they didnt make the all star game

PurpleJesus
01-29-2009, 09:41 PM

Gomes = nothing

funny that you call his 10 ppg efficient, but also call him nothing. Also if you are going to the lakers game to cheer on the Lakers, why not just be a Lakers fan? why are you a T-Wolves fan?

Luv Da New Pack
01-29-2009, 11:19 PM
Also if you are going to the lakers game to cheer on the Lakers, why not just be a Lakers fan? why are you a T-Wolves fan?

THANK YOU. There's a difference between liking an opposing player and "I want to see Kobe destroy us.". There's no "US" in that scenario.

jwin2005
01-30-2009, 12:58 AM
Well I am overall just a fan... so I like to see the best players on the planet. I try to see Lebron, Kobe, Wade, and Chris Paul especially right now in their prime years.

The Wolves have a lot of years before they get an elite player like that so in the meantime I want to root on the best players in the league. I mean I hope the Wolves win but I highly doubt it. Also it would be fun to just see Kobe go off for 50pts.

jwin2005
01-31-2009, 12:53 AM
two losses down.. what a rough strech for the wolves.. it is really showing their true colors

WSU Tony
02-01-2009, 03:55 PM
109-101 Boston

0-3

Defense continues to be our problem.

Oefarmy2005
02-01-2009, 06:33 PM
two losses down.. what a rough strech for the wolves.. it is really showing their true colors

What colors might that be?

Sport
02-02-2009, 01:00 AM

Pistons/Lakers/Celtics. Not gonna panic.

Thunder/Kings/Clippers. Than I will panic. We were competitive with Detroit and LA, so I can rest easy with thst atleast.

WSU Tony
02-04-2009, 10:17 AM
1-3.

Luv Da New Pack
02-05-2009, 01:13 AM
Well....another loss. This was a game that I think we should have won. A game like this would have helped in the confidence area but when we shoot so poorly you can barely win in this league. The only way to come back in a game like that is with respectable defense which the Wolves have lacked. It's actually come to fruition that defense is an integral part of our team that is missing. We were getting timely stops during January but mainly trying to just run up the score and reach the 100 point mark before the opposition. Now that it's getting close to the All-Star break and when teams are heading for the playoffs you'll see the intensity heighten. We all knew we were making progress and moving out of the basement (which I still think we can beat "those" teams) but still below mid-tier.

WSU Tony
02-05-2009, 03:28 PM
1-4

jwin2005
02-05-2009, 04:30 PM
I hope all of you optimistic wolves fans out there are seeing where the Wolves truly stand in this league

We may not be as low as OKC and Washington at the moment but we are pretty darn close to the bottom tier. That is why it is of utmost importance to continue to build this team (draft, free agency)

I hope we are great one day and I can continue to support this team. Can't wait to see our draft position and who we get in the 2009 draft.

WSU Tony
02-05-2009, 04:47 PM
It sounds like Thabeet and Jennings are falling down the draft boards (according to recent conversations here) That's good news for our late top 10 pick.

jwin2005
02-08-2009, 12:25 AM
1-5

Jefferson25
02-08-2009, 12:35 AM
Wolves are probably really happy that this stretch is almost over

WSU Tony
02-08-2009, 01:27 AM
I don't blame them, it was brutal.

WSU Tony
02-08-2009, 10:39 PM
1-6