PDA

View Full Version : Chris bosh will be the backup center for the east in the all star game!

innovator
01-26-2009, 10:18 AM
im pissed of that psd posters here are saying that david lee,okafor,big z and even freaking kendrick perkins will be backup C to dwight in the allstar game i already posted this in the Perkins all star thread but it seems that people just ignored it and still argued that perkins will make the asg or other not so good centers. so i will post it again. CHRIS BOSH WILL BE THE BACKUP CENTER FOR THE EAST IN THE ALL STAR GAME!

chris bosh will be the backup center in the allstar game not perkins or any other sh it

Bosh is listed on the All-Star ballot as a forward, but the rules -- as I'm sure you've memorized by now after hearing this lecture for a few years running -- allow the coaches to vote for players at the position "most advantageous for the All-Star team" and "not necessarily the one he plays most often during the season."

The league's memo to the coaches contains these exact words for cases like East center, where the only worthy backup to starter Dwight Howard is Charlotte's Emeka Okafor: "The position at which he is listed on the All-Star ballot should have no bearing on your vote."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090124-25

NBA ALL STAR GAME RULES SO DEAL WITH IT!

HOZ THE KNICK
01-26-2009, 10:38 AM
we will get the results thursday....i can't wait.

JJ81
01-26-2009, 11:10 AM
I hope so, he deserves to be an all-star.

JordansBulls
01-26-2009, 11:41 AM
im pissed of that psd posters here are saying that david lee,okafor,big z and even freaking kendrick perkins will be backup C to dwight in the allstar game i already posted this in the Perkins all star thread but it seems that people just ignored it and still argued that perkins will make the asg or other not so good centers. so i will post it again. CHRIS BOSH WILL BE THE BACKUP CENTER FOR THE EAST IN THE ALL STAR GAME!

NBA ALL STAR GAME RULES SO DEAL WITH IT!

They should just put the 7 most deserving players in the allstar game for the reserves even if all are forwards.

Ragun
01-26-2009, 11:41 AM
yes innovator! your the best!

prodigy
01-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I feel that you should make an all-star game playing your postition. Bosh is NOT a center and should not be givin a spot that he does not play. Each postition on the court is different, and guys can't play every spot.

If Big Z did not get hurt, theres no question he would have made it. But now He won't be back until the 1st game in feb most likely. David lee has been a beast but once again, not a center. Plus bosh is alot better.

Won't bosh make it as backup PF?

Lakerfrk
01-26-2009, 12:26 PM
If this is true... why did Magloire make it that year a few years ago.. there was no way he was all-star worthy...

I'm not doubting that the rule is true... but the coaches don't necessarily follow it.

Kaptain Kanada
01-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Well... Bosh did say that he was going to compete for the MVP award this year. That alone makes him All-Star worthy. RIght?? ;)

toronto_JazzFan
01-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Well... Bosh did say that he was going to compete for the MVP award this year. That alone makes him All-Star worthy. RIght?? ;)

most valubale player my *** hes playing same old bosh nothing amazing. MVP candidates in my opinion, d-wade miami is making the play-offs if they started today and most ppl said miami was gonna do the same as last year. Lebron clevelends home record 20-0 and dwight howard orlando had the best record in the league idk about now but still if not the best record they prolly near the best record

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2009, 06:15 PM
If this is true... why did Magloire make it that year a few years ago.. there was no way he was all-star worthy...

I'm not doubting that the rule is true... but the coaches don't necessarily follow it.

During the 2003-04 season, Magloire averaged 13.6 points and 10.3 rebounds per game

Magloire played well, leading the Eastern All-Stars with 19 points,[2] along with 8 rebounds in 21 minutes of action.

AFlagRules
01-26-2009, 06:22 PM
Bosh is getting a spot regardless position.

futrknickstar16
01-26-2009, 06:30 PM
I feel that you should make an all-star game playing your postition. Bosh is NOT a center and should not be givin a spot that he does not play. Each postition on the court is different, and guys can't play every spot.

If Big Z did not get hurt, theres no question he would have made it. But now He won't be back until the 1st game in feb most likely. David lee has been a beast but once again, not a center. Plus bosh is alot better.

D LEE has been our starting center majority of this season untill Jefferies came back and During the duration of the game D LEE is playing center you guys would be in another world to say leee shouldnt be an all star as a center I am not saying thuis cuz I am biased it cus its true now a s a foward no way in hell does he get it over Iguodola or granger lee has been working just as hard just those two deserve it so once again no biased just the truth

rapswin98
01-26-2009, 08:54 PM
chris bosh should have been the starting PF for the east in the all star game

td0tsfinest
01-27-2009, 12:12 AM

I got to disagree with you. Bosh and Andrea Bargnani are interchangable at the PF and C position. Andrea stays around the perimeter most of the time, making it seem as Bosh is the center at times. People are going to make arguments of Boozer and Okur, but Boozer like Bosh is also listed as a center.
Anyways, it really doesn't matter if Bosh is listed as a PF or a C, he's going to make the game regardless. Statistically, he is the 3rd best PF in the league and fantasy wise, he is the 9th best player in fantasy. While fantasy doesn't mean much, it does mean that statiscally he's having a remarkable season.

NyYaNkEeS 91
01-27-2009, 12:16 AM
Yi should have made it =)