PDA

View Full Version : Marbury admits Celtics have agreement

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 10:11 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/87910-celtics-commit-to-marbury?eref=fromSI

can the knicks just buy him out already? cmon ny, do us a favor, unless u want LBJ winning it all and staying cleveland

we need this fire power off the bench. the bench is too weak to win it all.

innovator
01-26-2009, 10:22 AM
do you really think that marbury will settle coming off the bench??? im pretty sure that he would like to start and play with the big 3.. the celtics team chemistry will be harmed and rondo will be forced to come off the bench which i like so the celtics will suck. so knicks buyout marbury and let the celtics sign him.. but it would be better if the lakers sign him and marbury can start or come off the bench in this case it wont hurt the team chemistry unlike rondo who is an upandcoming player fisher is experienced and okay for him if he comes off the bench and only coaches like phil jackson and smack the crap out of the players like marbury

marbury = cancer
phil jackson,kobe bryant = chemo therapy

HOZ THE KNICK
01-26-2009, 10:31 AM
marbury should of kept his mouth closed now the knicks is really going to **** him around.

bostncelts34
01-26-2009, 10:32 AM
do you really think that marbury will settle coming off the bench??? im pretty sure that he would like to start and play with the big 3.. the celtics team chemistry will be harmed and rondo will be forced to come off the bench which i like so the celtics will suck. so knicks buyout marbury and let the celtics sign him.. but it would be better if the lakers sign him and marbury can start or come off the bench in this case it wont hurt the team chemistry unlike rondo who is an upandcoming player fisher is experienced and okay for him if he comes off the bench and only coaches like phil jackson and smack the crap out of the players like marbury

marbury = cancer
phil jackson,kobe bryant = chemo therapy

Marbury KNOWS he will be coming off the bench lol. Thats the reason boston wants him. For bench fire power. And how is kobe and phil more of a "chemo" then garnett , ray and pierce.

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 10:40 AM
http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/87910-celtics-commit-to-marbury?eref=fromSI

can the knicks just buy him out already? cmon ny, do us a favor, unless u want LBJ winning it all and staying cleveland

Are you ******** or :crazy:..... Why in the hell Would we want to buy him out and give him over $20 mil to play for you and when a ring when he dosent deserve it????????? I dont care of Lebron wins it all or not. If he stays in Cleveland there are other superstars in 2010 we can get. Now b/c he acted like an *** and quoted Obama he is going to be Waived on March
1st and wont be able to play for any team in the playoffs.

innovator
01-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Are you ******** or :crazy:..... Why in the hell Would we want to buy him out and give him over $20 mil to play for you and when a ring when he dosent deserve it????????? I dont care of Lebron wins it all or not. If he stays in Cleveland there are other superstars in 2010 we can get. Now b/c he acted like an *** and quoted Obama he is going to be Waived on March
1st and wont be able to play for any team in the playoffs.

20 mil and play for other team is better than 20 mil and sitting at home and not playing for you

innovator
01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
Marbury KNOWS he will be coming off the bench lol. Thats the reason boston wants him. For bench fire power. And how is kobe and phil more of a "chemo" then garnett , ray and pierce.

phil had coached players with bigger heads than marbury like jordan,kobe,rodman and others and of all coaches its sure that marbury will listen to phil jackson as he is considered as the best coach in history. and as we all know that marbury respects kobe so much that if he doesnt get his act straight that it would mean that he is disrespecting kobey.

garnett,ray,pierce more of a chemo than kobe,phil??????? lol
first garnett needs to clean up his act first he has become a punk since winning the championship i have followed garnett timberwolf career and HE WASNT A PUNK BEFORE. and pierce as we all know is a drama queen (self explanatory). the only one i respect on the celtics team is ray allen. he didnt turn into a jerk when he got his ring. only time that i got pissed about ray ray is beating the lakers so bad in game 6 and at the EPSYs

Dark Donnie
01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
20 mil and play for other team is better than 20 mil and sitting at home and not playing for you

it is?:confused:

At this point I'd say **** him and let him rot. Why would they pay him $20 Million to play for something else?

innovator
01-26-2009, 10:54 AM
becuase i believe that marbury will average 30 ppg and 10 apg when he gets the chance to play. LOL

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 10:55 AM
Marbuy is a Randy Moss case. not as good obviously, but an annoyed star player looking for a new start.

Doc and KG will straighten him out and he will provide the extra scoring needed in tough games.

im all for it.

look the knicks got nothing going for them, so if this the only way they can stick it to Boston, so be it. but u know wat it is this kind of attitude and childish behavior that has the knicks right where they belong. pay the man his money and move on, but no they want to stick it to marbury.

news flash knicks: stalling marbury IS NOT HELPING THE KNICKS WIN. cool, your really sticking it to him, o yea im sure he is really feeling down doing NOTHING and cashing $20,000,000 from the knicks.

technically the knicks would benefit in terms of this season if they let him go. He will help the Celtics beat the knicks' competitors.

the knicks think they are making marbury look bad by dragging this out, but in reality they making themselves look childish and stuck in the past. pay the man and end this problem. whatever he does after that should not concern a team that isnt a winning a championship any time soon.

innovator
01-26-2009, 10:58 AM
doc and kg cant strenghten him out

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 11:01 AM

ummm.... What are you drinking???? Your just saying that b/c he is not on your team. How in the hell is it better??? Please do explain b/c i dont undserstand. Here is a guy who refused to play this season when asked. Walked out on his team mates last season, fought with other team mates and coaches. He is a cancer where ever he goes. May it be forcing your way out of playing for the wolves, or playing with the Nets, or Suns and now Knicks. Only thind different is New Yorks dont play that ****. If you do us bad and **** with us we will **** you right back. If we bought him out he would get $20 mil. Then the celts would give him $2-4 mil and get a chance to get the ring he has always wanted. He hasnt even got out of the first round of the playoffs.

cubfan23
01-26-2009, 11:03 AM
I don't get it. If Marbury is *****ing about not being allowed to go to another team shouldn't he just lower his demands on his buyout? I mean i dont get it. This needs to stop because hes an annoying ***** and i'm tired of hearing about this.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 11:04 AM
ummm.... What are you drinking???? Your just saying that b/c he is not on your team. How in the hell is it better??? Please do explain b/c i dont undserstand. Here is a guy who refused to play this season when asked. Walked out on his team mates last season, fought with other team mates and coaches. He is a cancer where ever he goes. May it be forcing your way out of playing for the wolves, or playing with the Nets, or Suns and now Knicks. Only thind different is New Yorks dont play that ****. If you do us bad and **** with us we will **** you right back. If we bought him out he would get $20 mil. Then the celts would give him $2-4 mil and get a chance to get the ring he has always wanted. He hasnt even got out of the first round of the playoffs.

ok so u prefer your team take the raider al davis approach and bring up letters about marbury instead of just ending the problem. the knicks love playing politics, not basketball.

u cant say im wrong. no matter what he did, just release him and thats the end of it. again he doesnt give a damn about not playing for ny.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 11:06 AM
I don't get it. If Marbury is *****ing about not being allowed to go to another team shouldn't he just lower his demands on his buyout? I mean i dont get it. This needs to stop because hes an annoying ***** and i'm tired of hearing about this.

i agree with this as well. as stupid as the knicks are being, marbury should just give up 3 mil and thats it. next trip to Boston

innovator
01-26-2009, 11:08 AM

he refused because d'antoni refused to play him first cuz d'antoni has a mancrush on duhon and he "believes" that duhon is better than marbury... what a joker. and its better cuz they will help marbury who really wants to play basketball and they should stop acting like kids and buyout marbury now they gave him a 20 mil contract so they should pay him 20 million and either way KNICKS STILL SUCK

JJ81
01-26-2009, 11:09 AM
I wish he'd stop attending LA games then.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 11:09 AM
thank u innovator

he doesnt hurt the knicks in any way. just end it

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 11:10 AM
Marbuy is a Randy Moss case. not as good obviously, but an annoyed star player looking for a new start.

Doc and KG will straighten him out and he will provide the extra scoring needed in tough games.

im all for it.

look the knicks got nothing going for them, so if this the only way they can stick it to Boston, so be it. but u know wat it is this kind of attitude and childish behavior that has the knicks right where they belong. pay the man his money and move on, but no they want to stick it to marbury.

news flash knicks: stalling marbury IS NOT HELPING THE KNICKS WIN. cool, your really sticking it to him, o yea im sure he is really feeling down doing NOTHING and cashing $20,000,000 from the knicks.

technically the knicks would benefit in terms of this season if they let him go. He will help the Celtics beat the knicks' competitors.

the knicks think they are making marbury look bad by dragging this out, but in reality they making themselves look childish and stuck in the past. pay the man and end this problem. whatever he does after that should not concern a team that isnt a winning a championship any time soon.

Are you kidding me?? As Recall boston was a ****** as team with a horrible record before allen and kg got there. Paul even wanted a trade from that place b/c it was going no where!!! Be mchale did his old team a favor (whick i dont blame him, i would have doen the same thing). We have nothing going for us??? I woudl have agreed with you if Isiah was still here but he isnt. We have good young players we are trying to develop, a decent GM and a good coach. Dont forget a coach that has a system everyone wants to play for and will have alot of cap Space in 2010. You say we are childish but he was the one to refuse to play and dissed his team mates. The only reason why you ant marbs is you damn well you will have a hard time beating Cleveland or Orlando. You had a hard time beating Atlanta last year and won b/c of BS ref Calls b/c Stern wanted a lakers celts final. So before you start to blog you should think about everything first.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 11:14 AM
Are you kidding me?? As Recall boston was a ****** as team with a horrible record before allen and kg got there. Paul even wanted a trade from that place b/c it was going no where!!! Be mchale did his old team a favor (whick i dont blame him, i would have doen the same thing). We have nothing going for us??? I woudl have agreed with you if Isiah was still here but he isnt. We have good young players we are trying to develop, a decent GM and a good coach. Dont forget a coach that has a system everyone wants to play for and will have alot of cap Space in 2010. You say we are childish but he was the one to refuse to play and dissed his team mates. The only reason why you ant marbs is you damn well you will have a hard time beating Cleveland or Orlando. You had a hard time beating Atlanta last year and won b/c of BS ref Calls b/c Stern wanted a lakers celts final. So before you start to blog you should think about everything first.

well this had nothing to do with what i said.

d'antoni made it clear: NO STARBURY

Celtics handled orlando twice quite easily.
1 -1 vs cleveland and the Celtics were playing their worst ball going in and were exhausted. heck they even lost to ny and charlotte and GS in that stretch

stern wanted us to win. ummm its the NBA, live with it

innovator
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM
AGAIN D'ANTONI WAS THE ONE WHO REFuSED TO PLAY HIM FIRST

1goldenrican1
he refused because d'antoni refused to play him first cuz d'antoni has a mancrush on duhon and he "believes" that duhon is better than marbury... what a joker. and its better cuz they will help marbury who really wants to play basketball and they should stop acting like kids and buyout marbury now they gave him a 20 mil contract so they should pay him 20 million and either way KNICKS STILL SUCK

Duhon isnt better the marbs. I agree on that but unlike Duhon Marbs doesnt pass the damn ball. He is a black hole and a cancer. It was worth a shot to let Duhon start and it was the right choice. No where in his contract says he is a starter or gets to play first. However it does say you must play unless sick or injured. i didnt agree how d'antoni handled it in the beginning but when you refused to play the second and third time that is wrong. You honeslty think Marburys heart is in basketball???? No, its in making the most money possible and launching his new clothing line in europe with his stinky *** colonge. We didnt give him the $20 mil contract. It was the Suns or the Nets.

BTownTeamsRKing
no one can say this is wrong:

the knicks care more about sticking to marbury than winning. its a fact.

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 11:18 AM
AGAIN D'ANTONI WAS THE ONE WHO REFuSED TO PLAY HIM FIRST

no shit1 everyone knows that but he refused to play the 2nd and 3rd time when asked:mad:

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 11:20 AM
no shit1 everyone knows that but he refused to play the 2nd and 3rd time when asked:mad:

why he play after being dissed like that?

u think it would have went well with his teamates in the game. no chance

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 11:21 AM
look, u got a Celtics and LA fan in agreement here. thats how u know you are wrong.

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 11:23 AM

Now I have to Agree with you on that. They do want to trade him but if they buy him out the clause will be he cant sign with an eastern team or the lakers.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 11:25 AM
Now I have to Agree with you on that. They do want to trade him but if they buy him out the clause will be he cant sign with an eastern team or the lakers.

again, sounds like the raiders.

the raiders al davis complained that he was mad about lamont jordan joining the Patriots after davis told him he cant go there when he is released. well jordan really didnt give a damn.

that clause is illegal most likely to the players association.

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 11:27 AM
why he play after being dissed like that?

u think it would have went well with his teamates in the game. no chance

B/C he Has a contract to play. Its his job. Hell, I bet all 3 of us hate are job sometimes but we still go b/c we have to. like i said, I agree that Mike handled the situation bad but not playing isnt right. Doesnt matter if your "dissed" or not. This is a professional sport. How is that for a role model. Kids, if someone upsets you stop doing your job and still get your money and force them to get rid of you work somewhere else??

innovator
01-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Duhon isnt better the marbs. I agree on that but unlike Duhon Marbs doesnt pass the damn ball. He is a black hole and a cancer. It was worth a shot to let Duhon start and it was the right choice. No where in his contract says he is a starter or gets to play first. However it does say you must play unless sick or injured. i didnt agree how d'antoni handled it in the beginning but when you refused to play the second and third time that is wrong. You honeslty think Marburys heart is in basketball???? No, its in making the most money possible and launching his new clothing line in europe with his stinky *** colonge. We didnt give him the $20 mil contract. It was the Suns or the Nets.

duhon only started becoming a passer in NY and thats because of d'antoni's system any PG you put in d'antoni's system would get many assists. and this is the type of system that marbury would shine on. a system that only cares about is scoring scoring and scoring. if d'antoni just decided to play marbury at the start then marbury would have been the backup PG in the east allstars as he will be averaging 20+ppg and 8+ APG

Morgan
01-26-2009, 11:30 AM
Marbury is going to have to kick back more than 1 million dollars to the Knicks and, if he really wanted to come to Boston then he would have done it already so **** him.

1goldenrican1
again, sounds like the raiders.

the raiders al davis complained that he was mad about lamont jordan joining the Patriots after davis told him he cant go there when he is released. well jordan really didnt give a damn.

that clause is illegal most likely to the players association.

Well I know they can put in there that you can't play for an eastern team but I didn't that. Knicsk fans doesnt care where you goes as longs as it not the celts or lakers. He doesnt deserve a ring. Plain and simple. He can to the spurs or something.

BTownTeamsRKing
B/C he Has a contract to play. Its his job. Hell, I bet all 3 of us hate are job sometimes but we still go b/c we have to. like i said, I agree that Mike handled the situation bad but not playing isnt right. Doesnt matter if your "dissed" or not. This is a professional sport. How is that for a role model. Kids, if someone upsets you stop doing your job and still get your money and force them to get rid of you work somewhere else??

i thought about that and i guess he should have played, but it would have been so strange for him and the knicks. if he played, he might have had a chance at leaving soon.

cliff s
01-26-2009, 11:32 AM
why should the knicks pay him off to go play with a conference rival, if this is true boston should be fined for contacting a player on another roster, i say let him sit, he is being well paid, why can he not just sit and shut up, 22 million a year , the knicks should be complaining not marbury

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 11:33 AM
ok without going further, this comes to down to one thing: who is wrong in this whole situation?

Marbury? or the Knicks?

i say 65% knicks. the organization has the power to do as it pleases and they are making things worse.

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 11:34 AM
duhon only started becoming a passer in NY and thats because of d'antoni's system any PG you put in d'antoni's system would get many assists. and this is the type of system that marbury would shine on. a system that only cares about is scoring scoring and scoring. if d'antoni just decided to play marbury at the start then marbury would have been the backup PG in the east allstars as he will be averaging 20+ppg and 8+ APG

Well Then something went down when D'antoni got to the Suns b/c 2-3 weeks later Marbs was traded to New York. He could have slept with someone Mike knew:confused::confused:

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 11:36 AM
ok without going further, this comes to down to one thing: who is wrong in this whole situation?

Marbury? or the Knicks?

i say 65% knicks. the organization has the power to do as it pleases and they are making things worse.

Um is say 60% Knicks 40% Marbs. The one thing he has going for himself that he is in great shape and I can still see hime playing a few more years somewhere

innovator
01-26-2009, 11:43 AM
Well Then something went down when D'antoni got to the Suns b/c 2-3 weeks later Marbs was traded to New York. He could have slept with someone Mike knew:confused::confused:

that was the front offices decision not d'antoni and even before d'antoni came to phoenix marbury was already part of hot trade rumors

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 11:44 AM
last thought on this.

to anyone who thinks it wont work in Boston, you are flat out wrong. it will work and marbury will be on his best behavior.

it will be reverse Manny Ramirez. compare the actions of both and u will see what im saying. Marbury will come to Boston and thrive big time for a year and then get money next yr from some other team.

Super.
01-26-2009, 11:52 AM
doc and kg cant strenghten him out

how do you know what they can, and can't do??? Marbury is alreay friends with several key members of the team, IE Pierce and KG. but with the OUTSTANDING play of Eddie House at the moment.....i bet that wont last and we'll need someone again....IE Marbury

ots_drummer
01-26-2009, 11:59 AM
Superdude, innovator is right....Doc and KG will "strengthen" marbury.

Now if he mean Straighten him out. Which I assume he meant, granted u have to read each of his posts at last 3 times to make any sense out of them.....then I completely disagree with him.

Whoever made the "reverse" manny comment is exactly right, He was a cancer in boston, got a fresh new start and tore the cover off the ball. Marbury is in the exact same situation, and when he gets his fresh start, I believe he is to talented not to find success.

I still hate marbury, but the c's could use him, and im all for that.

by the way innovator, its only 8 am out here in california, quit making me have to rack my brain so much to understand what ur trying to say.

colinskik
01-26-2009, 12:12 PM
i agree with this as well. as stupid as the knicks are being, marbury should just give up 3 mil and thats it. next trip to Boston
you're wrong

op12
01-26-2009, 12:12 PM
phil had coached players with bigger heads than marbury like jordan,kobe,rodman and others and of all coaches its sure that marbury will listen to phil jackson as he is considered as the best coach in history. and as we all know that marbury respects kobe so much that if he doesnt get his act straight that it would mean that he is disrespecting kobey.

garnett,ray,pierce more of a chemo than kobe,phil??????? lol
first garnett needs to clean up his act first he has become a punk since winning the championship i have followed garnett timberwolf career and HE WASNT A PUNK BEFORE. and pierce as we all know is a drama queen (self explanatory). the only one i respect on the celtics team is ray allen. he didnt turn into a jerk when he got his ring. only time that i got pissed about ray ray is beating the lakers so bad in game 6 and at the EPSYs

jackson and kobe couldnt settle things with shaq, so not a good arguement. he respects kg more, they are old friends and teammates.

Kaptain Kanada
01-26-2009, 12:15 PM
If Marbury had a brain in his oversized head, he'd shut the hell up... accept a proper buy out... and move on.

Expecting the Knicks to pay for him to play somewhere else is just stupid.

Expecting the Knicks to pay for him to play somewhere else after he runs his mouth about how the Celtics and Heat want him is just ********.

superkegger
01-26-2009, 12:19 PM
Why would New York do Boston any favors? Teams don't do other teams favors in this league. They may make bad trades, but never favors. This was stupid by Marbury. He can get out any time he wants if he just took less money, and he's still be making like 17 million. But the Knicks are not going to try and help him out so he can go to Boston.

Trouble87
01-26-2009, 12:43 PM
this should have been taken care of a long time ago .... before preseason the knicks & dantoni knew the direction they wanted to go in. Knicks organization didnt do the right thing.... Hope this doesnt hurt are chances of signing a star free agent

Morgan
01-26-2009, 12:44 PM

Marbury? or the Knicks?

If Marbury kicked the Knicks back 5 million a month ago this would have been done already. That's what it's probably going to take and if he cared about joining the Celtics more than a few million dollars it would have been done but, obviously he doesn't care. If he came to Boston and kept his mouth shut and played goog for the remainder of the season he would have gotten that money back through free agency next season. This guy cares about himself and at 1st I thought it was a good idea for Boston to pick him up but, now I don't want anything to do with this idiot.

rrude
01-26-2009, 12:51 PM
I think a lot of people posting here aren't Knicks fans, didn't see all the games I saw the last three seasons, and aren't aware just how negative Marbury is at all times on and off the court. And everyone forgets that he quit on the team last year over some silly tiff with the coach. He could already have had his freedom this year for just a couple more million off his contract, most of which he probably could have recouped with another team. But he is more interested in talking and being in the press for the wrong reasons than he is in playing ball.

This latest go round is just him trying win a PR war with the team. But I don't think it's going to work. If I am the Knicks management, I don't even talk to this guy again this year.

Barring a trade the Knicks have absolutely nothing to gain by letting him go. They are already on the hook for 20mil, why let him play for someone else?

As far as it making the team look bad, no one will even remember this junk a year from now, just like no one remembers Marbury leaving the team last year. Players are much more excited to play for Mike D'Antoni than they are worried about being treated like Steph, because they know they aren't like Steph. There's a reason he's always in the papers for something other than how he plays.

GodsSon
01-26-2009, 12:52 PM

over here it sounds like you're worried about cleveland winning it all, but in your later post you try and justify how they beat you cause the team was "tired"....face it, boston isnt going to the win the championship this year, and because deep down you know they wont, you want to get some freebie FA's a la Cassell and PJ from last year...Sorry, if im NY i let Marbury sit since he is getting paid, and i sure as hell dont buy him out to let him go to a division rival to make them stronger. As a Raptor fan i remember when we bought out mourning for 10 mil after he refused to report, just to watch him sign with the Heat for the vets min and our money and it disgusted me; im completely on NY's side on this.

fairandbalanced
01-26-2009, 12:56 PM
I am with the Knicks on this one. Since no team wants to share the payment, they have the right to do whatever they want. Keep his egoistic ***** on the bench and let him age and rot. Why pay him that much just to watch him win a championship? and in the process, dissing your whole franchise.

Jonathan2323
01-26-2009, 12:57 PM
idk if this has been said but cant the Knicks file tampering charges aganist the Celtics.

Kaptain Kanada
01-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Marbury makes it worse on himself by being a douche. Going to watch the game courtside in LA was just stupid if he wants any cooperation from the Knicks.

madiaz3
01-26-2009, 01:15 PM

How does doing either help us win any more than the other? He's looking for a way out, but if he really wants to go, he's going to pay the price, otherwise we just wait until the end of the season and that is that? How is accepting his buyout going to enable the Knicks to be in better playoff contention than they have been?

Haran
01-26-2009, 01:15 PM
lol if marbury takes a huge paycut in the buyout they'll let him go like pay him 14 mill or something rather than the 20 mill. But NOPE! marbury wants all that 20mill LOL, what a dipshit. He knows his fate is in the hands of the knicks and yet he talks all this **** about them in the media.

madiaz3
01-26-2009, 01:22 PM
"There are some in the Knicks organization convinced that Marbury, who quit on the team last season as well as this season, is purposely picking a fight via his fan club newsletter because he really doesn't want to play again this season. The feeling is that Marbury, who has not appeared in an NBA regular season game in over 12 months, knows that he's nowhere near NBA ready and that he could hurt his future earnings power by playing this season."

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/2009/01/curry-excused-from-morning-pra.html

The Intimidator
01-26-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure what's going on here. First, the Knicks were desperate to buy Marbury out and he wanted none of it, now he's actually presenting them with buyout offers and they won't bite. It just doesn't make any sense. I have a feeling the Players' Union will be sticking its nose in sooner or later.

IndyRealist
01-26-2009, 01:37 PM
idk if this has been said but cant the Knicks file tampering charges aganist the Celtics.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Can anyone else say, "Joe Smith to the Timberwolves?"

They lost what, 5 first round picks?

Lakersho
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM

stop beggin it looks weak ,ny should f--- him . he has screwed over to many teams,with a smile on his face .hey steff, ya i think its personal, so stop you ballin,sorry,cryin ,cuz you cant ball!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Superdude, innovator is right....Doc and KG will "strengthen" marbury.

Now if he mean Straighten him out. Which I assume he meant, granted u have to read each of his posts at last 3 times to make any sense out of them.....then I completely disagree with him.

Whoever made the "reverse" manny comment is exactly right, He was a cancer in boston, got a fresh new start and tore the cover off the ball. Marbury is in the exact same situation, and when he gets his fresh start, I believe he is to talented not to find success.

I still hate marbury, but the c's could use him, and im all for that.

by the way innovator, its only 8 am out here in california, quit making me have to rack my brain so much to understand what ur trying to say.

thats me ha

i called it reverse bc this time Boston would benefit instead of stare angrily at the insult Manny gave us.

its true marbury quit, but i am 99.9999999% positive that when he is with Pierce, Allen, KG and Doc, Starbury will be great again. he quit on a team that was full of issues. the Celtics can and should do get him if he is ever bought out.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 01:41 PM
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Can anyone else say, "Joe Smith to the Timberwolves?"

They lost what, 5 first round picks?

under the current circumtances, the knicks most likely told marbury try to find a deal. but they most likely meant trade. regardless, i dont think there is a problem since the knicks have basically kicked marbury off the team.

cant blame him for looking for a new team, when his current doesnt want him.

the players association should just get involved and fix this.

rrude
01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
For non-Knick fans, another aspect is that Marbury Doesn't have an agent, so there's no one level-headed advocating for him. The Union has tried to help out, but that's not the same as having someone you pay to look out for your best interests and to do your negotiating for you. So any negotiations go through Marbury, and apparently he doesn't have a poker face.

This is sort of an example of how everything with Marbury is personalized and not about business or basketball.

rrude
01-26-2009, 01:46 PM

they gave him permission to look for a deal with other teams

IndyRealist
01-26-2009, 01:48 PM
they gave him permission to look for a deal with other teams

That makes some sense, but doesn't the team looking to sign him have to ask permission from the Knicks? Regardless if the Knicks don't pursue a grievance it doesn't matter.

Diewitdaknicks
01-26-2009, 01:49 PM

Hehehehehehehe You want him you can have him what expiring contracts do you have? :smoking:

GarlicStench
01-26-2009, 01:54 PM
As a big beleiver in kARMA. If Starbury goes to the Celts, they won;t wina thing this year. He has never won anything ever!! He is a cancer and the Cltics will be doomed if they sign his pathetic ars!

cliff s
01-26-2009, 02:19 PM
Personally i would like the bulls to trade hughes and deng to the knicks for marbary , lee and a draft choice. It would save everyone problems, the bulls would tell marbary to stay away and they would save hughes salary for next year. Deng would be a star in a run and gun game, the knicks would still be ok for a run at james in 2010 because hughes in done next year. I prefer nocioni to deng, he plays harder and for less money. also i think marbary where ever he winds up will be a problem, you cannot go from being the highest paid player to a guy who plays for the minimum, his ego will not let it happen, plus the knicks are paying him, he he won't go in games why can't they suspend him without pay

JordansBulls
01-26-2009, 02:21 PM
If Marbury can be that scoring punch off the bench then sure.

GoatMilk
01-26-2009, 02:25 PM
IF the knicks waive him it'll be after March 1st so that Steph can't play in the playoffs.
But why waive him at all? It's not like the knicks need that extra roster space. He has 20M coming off the books, they'll probably just keep him inactive or release him after march 1st like i already said

thesparky33
01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Seems like the Knicks are actually improving this year, and ridding themselves of the whole "Isiah Thomas Fiasco", but there is still one lingering remnant, and that's Marbury.

The Knicks organization is a huge joke, maybe even more than Marbury himself, which says a lot. Just buy the guy out already, and keep focused on your rebuilding process.

chicagowhitesox
01-26-2009, 05:08 PM
if they've taken it this far, i don't see the knicks just giving up at this point.

BK-TY
01-26-2009, 05:53 PM
If Steph was so convinced that he'd be playing for a contender elsewhere, why not take the $3mil buyout offer?

LA_Raiders
01-26-2009, 06:44 PM
WTF? Is that even possible? Where is Dumbass Stern when is needed? The Clowns can't do that...

NY will **** both Starbury & The Clowns

(Cheating Like Belicheat & the Patriots)

Lizard King
01-26-2009, 06:47 PM
Now I hate Marbury even more.