PDA

View Full Version : Define (present) Tracy McGrady

arlubas
01-26-2009, 05:35 AM
How would you describe him to a guy that doesn't know a lot about the NBA? Is he a superstar, all star, solid starter or a valuable glue guy/great role player? Cause in my mind (this season) he's more of the last option as opposed to the first one which he was back in Orlando. Dude just seems average out there and not able to will his way over the opposing defenses at least consistently.

stawka
01-26-2009, 05:43 AM
Sad, but I gotta agree. In Orlando and even his first year in Houston he was unreal. Injuries and lack of heart have taken control of his body and game.

arlubas
01-26-2009, 05:55 AM
Sad, but I gotta agree. In Orlando and even his first year in Houston he was unreal. Injuries and lack of heart have taken control of his body and game.
It really is sad because he was one hell of a player back in the day. And as much as people love to attack Vince Carter, at least he didn't fadeaway like his cousin did, he's still playing at an all-star level even if he doesn't have the heart many people wanted from him.

On another note, how have you been stawka. We haven't talked in quite a few.

Chronz
01-26-2009, 06:27 AM
Id tell him to judge him in the playoffs cuz the Tmac we've seen this year has been an out of shape Tmac, he looked much springier today but like you mentioned its the consistency thats the key. Vince has been amazing this year no doubt about that, but players have up and down stretches throughout their careers all the time, I wouldnt be surprised if this time next year Tmac isnt looking better after coming back from his first real surgery. Kind of like Ray Allen this year.

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 06:50 AM
I would tell him thay back in the day he had some great dunks and was a high fyler when in Toronto. Even made the cover of a video game (Live 07) and was expected to be the next kobe and an All-star in the NBA. Was awesome when he was in Orlando. Sad to say he was riddled by injuries When he got to the Rockets. It was suppose to be a 1 to punch with Yao like Kobe and Shaq was with the lakers. He also lost heart some where along the way. The only time he plays with heart is when he has to. Other then that, no. He has been on 3 different teams and never made it out of the 1st round in the playoffs.

FOBolous
01-26-2009, 09:45 AM
I would tell him thay back in the day he had some great dunks and was a high fyler when in Toronto. Even made the cover of a video game (Live 07) and was expected to be the next kobe and an All-star in the NBA. Was awesome when he was in Orlando. Sad to say he was riddled by injuries When he got to the Rockets. It was suppose to be a 1 to punch with Yao like Kobe and Shaq was with the lakers. He also lost heart some where along the way. The only time he plays with heart is when he has to. Other then that, no. He has been on 3 different teams and never made it out of the 1st round in the playoffs.

you mean the "next jordan?" but yeea..to add to that, back in his Orlando days...he was constantly behind compared to Kobe and people say both of them could possibily be the "next jordan." what makes him playing so poorly now so sad is back in the days....a lot of people thought Tmac was better than Kobe. Oh how the mighty have fallen.

Frank Costanza
01-26-2009, 09:47 AM
he is an all star, wounded and hurting yes, but all star-superstar none the less, when answering these types of negaive questions ask yourself this, would you want the ball in his hands down 1 , 8 seconds to go , game 7???? if its yes, then i think you have your answer

HOZ THE KNICK
01-26-2009, 10:06 AM
this stage in his career he's a average joe i wouldn't say washed up because he still have good nites once in a while.

JordansBulls
01-26-2009, 11:45 AM
Id tell him to judge him in the playoffs cuz the Tmac we've seen this year has been an out of shape Tmac, he looked much springier today but like you mentioned its the consistency thats the key. Vince has been amazing this year no doubt about that, but players have up and down stretches throughout their careers all the time, I wouldnt be surprised if this time next year Tmac isnt looking better after coming back from his first real surgery. Kind of like Ray Allen this year.

This year's playoffs you mean?

b_russ
01-26-2009, 12:15 PM
he is an all star, wounded and hurting yes, but all star-superstar none the less, when answering these types of negaive questions ask yourself this, would you want the ball in his hands down 1 , 8 seconds to go , game 7???? if its yes, then i think you have your answer

If it's the playoffs and he's "guarantying" something, then definately NO! (choke, choke)

He's become the Tin Man of the NBA, all the talent in the world, just doesn't have a heart.

dgreat5000
01-26-2009, 04:04 PM
He's jsut about Washed up, No HEart, No Body, and respect for him by the rest of the league

NyYaNkEeS 91
01-26-2009, 05:00 PM
hes getting older and his body is breaking down. hes nowhere near the player he once was

GrkGawdofWalkz
01-26-2009, 05:15 PM
Vince Carter, and this guy have paralleled again to me. I don't see much different in their games. Still score points, still can do that. Minus Tracey's injuries, which hampered him from being elite.

arlubas
01-26-2009, 05:21 PM
I'm sorry but with the way he's shooting the ball this year I'd say I wouldn't give it to him directly. If his shot is on on the current night then yes, give it to him and let him operate. But if he has an off night or a shaky jumper (something that has become more and more frequent lately) then I'd consider running a play to get a shooter open instead of giving him the ball or just feed Yao down low.

Iodine
01-26-2009, 05:22 PM
One of the msot overated players in the league

NYMetros
01-26-2009, 05:26 PM
How would you describe him to a guy that doesn't know a lot about the NBA? Is he a superstar, all star, solid starter or a valuable glue guy/great role player? Cause in my mind (this season) he's more of the last option as opposed to the first one which he was back in Orlando. Dude just seems average out there and not able to will his way over the opposing defenses at least consistently.

This year I would say he is a role player. But back in Orlando he was one of the NBA's elite. Injuries have definitely done a number on him.

Trouble87
01-26-2009, 05:39 PM
never maximized his potential .... and there was a whole hell of a lot

solid starter but nothing more than that... I see him in the same light as vince carter (arent they related?)

Chronz
01-26-2009, 05:44 PM
This year's playoffs you mean?

I was gonna say but by then the season is done and its pretty obvious Tmac will be playing at a higher level because Vince wont be in the playoffs. But this time next year, Tmac will > Vince.

LA_Raiders
01-26-2009, 07:02 PM
Dang, enough with T.Mc we all know that he is sorry af ****, and that he can't defend ****...

OUfan4life15
01-27-2009, 08:36 PM
"All the haters better hate now, cause when I get back I'm going straight to the top."

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-27-2009, 09:04 PM
I would say he was great for a couple years and for some reason fell off. Whether it be from injuries or lack of preparation, something happened. Never shot well for having a good jump shot and being an athletic freak. Good court vision, lack luster on defense, and was known for playing well statically in the playoffs, but it never amounted to it being what the team needed to win.

Question, are his injuries just things that happen to some players, or are they because he was not prepared for the season? I have heard (not saying its a fact) that he does not work very hard. Is that the reason for his injuries, or did he just have bad luck

dtseng
01-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Wow, you guys are nuts. He's still playing at an All-Star level. Put him 60% of the teams in this league and he'd be their best player and the go to man.

He's been injured and he's learning to deal with it.

He's got heart, he just doesn't have the willpower to get his teams out of the first round. Mostly not his fault. He's just not a natural born leader. He says stupid stuff in the playoffs that causes increased pressure on himself instead of giving confidence to his teammates.

Obviously I'm a Houston Fan. :) Go Rockets!