PDA

View Full Version : Kendrick Perkins All Star?!

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 12:08 AM
u gotta be kidding me. actually it is possible bc the East is so limited on centers

how crazy is this?

Arac
01-26-2009, 12:15 AM
I'll tell you what's crazy. Luke Ridnour getting 1 million votes. I guess that's the Yi effect. God, just the thought of Yi actually getting more votes than Paul Pierce, Chris Bosh, Danny Granger, Josh Smith and many other makes me sick.

Kohaku
01-26-2009, 12:17 AM
^ don't diss asians.

Arac
01-26-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm not really dissing. Argentine would be shameless if Fabricio Oberto was voted in the all star game. Brazilians would be shameless if Varejao was East's starting Center, Nene starting PF at the West and Barbosa starting SG.

I'm just pointing out the fact that maybe they should reconsider the level of skill they take in considaration when voting. And maybe not putting nationality as a major factor for a player's "skill". Thus the term "shameless".

cegielskijastro
01-26-2009, 12:35 AM
I'm not really dissing. Argentine would be shameless if Fabricio Oberto was voted in the all star game. Brazilians would be shameless if Varejao was East's starting Center, Nene starting PF at the West and Barbosa starting SG.

I'm just pointing out the fact that maybe they should reconsider the level of skill they take in considaration when voting. And maybe not putting nationality as a major factor for a player's "skill". Thus the term "shameless".

People dont vote for skill, they vote for who they want to see play the game. You know if you were from some other country, you'd vote for your countries player... Its just human nature

SouljahPhil...
01-26-2009, 12:37 AM
no way...

Iggydelphia
01-26-2009, 12:41 AM
East centers are pretty thin.. Samuel Dalembert is even being mentioned, and as a sixers fan i must say no to sammy..

still1ballin
01-26-2009, 12:42 AM
HAHA I like what JVG said at the Spurs vs. Lakers game, that he would put Bynum in the Eastern team for the ASG even though he is playing for the Lakers, he is from New Jersey so he is from the east. This ASG is going to be a complete joke.

kayface
01-26-2009, 12:49 AM
Bogut, Horford, Howard, Big Z, David Lee, Brook Lopez, Okafor, Sheed > perkins

bahama0811
01-26-2009, 12:52 AM
The only way he will go is to watch from the stands.

JordansBulls
01-26-2009, 01:04 AM
u gotta be kidding me. actually it is possible bc the East is so limited on centers

how crazy is this?

Big Z would get in if anyone.

BostonFan4life
01-26-2009, 01:19 AM
I'm a Boston fan and as much as I love Perkins, he doesn't deserve to get in. He has been out for what about 2 weeks with his shoulder injury. Stats aren't enough to get him in either. On another note, Yi should not be in if he does get voted in and he should not have gotten more votes than Pierce, Granger, etc.

BostonFan4life
01-26-2009, 01:21 AM
If the all star team carried 3 centers than I would choose Howard, Okafor, and maybe Rasheed Wallace.

innovator
01-26-2009, 01:43 AM
Chris bosh will be the backup center in the allstar game not perkins or any other sh it

Bosh is listed on the All-Star ballot as a forward, but the rules -- as I'm sure you've memorized by now after hearing this lecture for a few years running -- allow the coaches to vote for players at the position "most advantageous for the All-Star team" and "not necessarily the one he plays most often during the season."

The league's memo to the coaches contains these exact words for cases like East center, where the only worthy backup to starter Dwight Howard is Charlotte's Emeka Okafor: "The position at which he is listed on the All-Star ballot should have no bearing on your vote."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090124-25

Teeboy1487
01-26-2009, 02:15 AM
Okafor is having a good year. They should let him in.

NYKnickFanatic
01-26-2009, 02:27 AM
Ok, I know most All-Stars are on teams with winning records, and that is totally fine.
But if Kendrick Perkins goes to the All-Star instead of David Lee, I would be so freakin pissed.
David Lee is a phenomenal player. SECOND in the NBA in double doubles, behind Dwight Howard.

GoatMilk
01-26-2009, 02:30 AM
^I'm with you on David Lee. He's also having a great season. 15/11/57% FG
and the Knicks are only 1 game out of the playoffs. THE KNICKS! Who thought that was possible with that team this late into the season.

NFLNBA
01-26-2009, 02:45 AM
Its definitly a joke!

How about Bruce Bowen getting more votes then Pau Gasol

Iverson starting in the east

Yi for crying out load

Mcgrady was supposed to start ahead of Paul tell he pulled himself out, and he only played what 12 games this year?

Its def a joke, i dont think fans should be able to vote for the allstar game!

NYKnickFanatic
01-26-2009, 02:46 AM
^I'm with you on David Lee. He's also having a great season. 15/11/57% FG
and the Knicks are only 1 game out of the playoffs. THE KNICKS! Who thought that was possible with that team this late into the season.

Lol. Its still early.
And our record isnt so hot. :(
So most likely Lee wont make it.
He will get recognition, but wont make it. :pity:

DerekRE_3
01-26-2009, 02:46 AM
Okafor should be in the discussion. 14 and 11 so far this year. And he's been playing much better since the Diaw/Bell trade.

Iron24th
01-26-2009, 02:56 AM
Perkins in the ASG,what a joke.

thedfactor
01-26-2009, 03:18 AM
Um no he's not that good. only 8/8 guy.

ElMarroAfamado
01-26-2009, 03:23 AM
yeah i think thats better to move up PF to C to avoid stuff like this
kendrik perkins or rajon rondo making it to the all star game would be the biggest joke in the history of the NBA

Hellcrooner
01-26-2009, 03:48 AM
Not all foreigners voters are as biased as chinese with Yi.

Example? go check Pau gasols and Jose Calderons RIDICULE number of votes if spaniards wantet to cheat they would get much more votes.

In my case ive voted for pau this year because i think he deserves to be there, but i have not voted for calderon and have not filled in for sergio rudy or March because non belong in the MAIn all star . as a fact i didnt even vote Rudy for duking contest i voted Westbrook.

And anyway dont blame only foreginers, anyone noticed that Pau fell behind Ron artest!!!!! and BRUCE BOWEN!!!!!!! Bruce Bowen ALMOST MADE IT!!!!

Fans doing sucker votes for his own teams players is as bad or worse than foreigners voting their countrymen.

I think voting should be removed, let it all to caoch voting and players voting.

oldenpolynice
01-26-2009, 03:52 AM
Okafor is having a good year. They should let him in.

+1

Either Ok or David Lee. Perkins in the All-Star game would be so boring. He's just a big oaf who plays with amazing teammates.

Duncan = Donkey
01-26-2009, 04:35 AM
wow perkins doesnt deserve it all, i agree with everyone that david lee deserves it or even okafor

Matt-the-great
01-26-2009, 04:50 AM
who gives a **** about the game ...??!?? i only care about the Skills Comp...the game is pointless

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 08:10 AM
^ don't diss asians.

:sigh: He isnt dissin Asians. He is just stating that its crap if somone is getting voted in just by race and not by skills. That includes if your white, black, Hispanic, Asian or mixed. So your telling me Yi Is better then over half the players getting voted in? I'm Spanish and thats like me telling every spanish person in the world to only vote for spanish players to get in. its BS and you know it. I'm not saying he is crappy player b/c i think he will be decent in a few years and I understand he may feel pressure like Yao did in his rookie year b/c they have the pressure of a country on the there shoulders. Also he would just get embrassed and it would be his fans faught! You would match him up against Tim Duncan or Amare Stoudemire. Foolish, just plain foolish

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 08:13 AM
Not all foreigners voters are as biased as chinese with Yi.

Example? go check Pau gasols and Jose Calderons RIDICULE number of votes if spaniards wantet to cheat they would get much more votes.

In my case ive voted for pau this year because i think he deserves to be there, but i have not voted for calderon and have not filled in for sergio rudy or March because non belong in the MAIn all star . as a fact i didnt even vote Rudy for duking contest i voted Westbrook.

And anyway dont blame only foreginers, anyone noticed that Pau fell behind Ron artest!!!!! and BRUCE BOWEN!!!!!!! Bruce Bowen ALMOST MADE IT!!!!

Fans doing sucker votes for his own teams players is as bad or worse than foreigners voting their countrymen.

I think voting should be removed, let it all to caoch voting and players voting.

You know hellcrooner I always have to read what you write b/c i agree with what you say like 90% of the time. I just stated the samething in my post. It's like me telling everyone to vote for all the Spainards (which i did vote for Pau) b/c of hsi stats and game play, Not race

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 08:21 AM
i believe it was mark jackson who mentioned perkins.

bosh should be there at back up C.

u gotta admit...PERKISABEAST lol i couldnt picture perkins in the all star game.

well the game is a joke until the 4th quarter. last yr's was sickk.

also i hate how the west starts 2 big men every year. its boring. it should be paul, kobe, melo, duncan, yao.

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 08:26 AM
It should be Lee or Okafor. I think most of us agree on that. I think one of two would be considered if one of the teams has a "winning" record. Perkins is just on a team with the "Big 3". Nothing more. If he was on a different team this thread wouldnt even be happening. Same thing with Rondo. How would he play if he was on a different team??? look at his options....Damn, I cant get open!!! Who do i pass it to??? The All-Star PF, All-Star SF or the Superstar SG??!?!??!!? If one of those are players are double team (which they are) then he is left open ans drives or shoots. If you can cant shoot an open shot or drive the lane you shouldnt be playing. Example: Jared Jeffries!!!!!!! *which keep in mind shut down Rondo last time.*

innovator
01-26-2009, 10:13 AM
chris bosh will be the backup center in the allstar game not perkins or any other sh it

Bosh is listed on the All-Star ballot as a forward, but the rules -- as I'm sure you've memorized by now after hearing this lecture for a few years running -- allow the coaches to vote for players at the position "most advantageous for the All-Star team" and "not necessarily the one he plays most often during the season."

The league's memo to the coaches contains these exact words for cases like East center, where the only worthy backup to starter Dwight Howard is Charlotte's Emeka Okafor: "The position at which he is listed on the All-Star ballot should have no bearing on your vote."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-090124-25

wtf didnt anyone of you read this post of mine in the 1st page?

bostncelts34
01-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Bogut, Horford, Howard, Big Z, David Lee, Brook Lopez, Okafor, Sheed > perkins

lol your kidding right? I would take perk over every one of those guys at CENTER except big z (but hes injured)

Perkins is a 7 foot monster under the glass. he defends very well and rebounds very well. Is he better than lee, sheed. im not syaing that. But for CENTER, yes.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-26-2009, 10:26 AM
hell 2 the no...lee should be backup center before perkins.

innovator
01-26-2009, 10:26 AM
lol your kidding right? I would take perk over every one of those guys at CENTER except big z (but hes injured)

Perkins is a 7 foot monster under the glass. he defends very well and rebounds very well. Is he better than lee, sheed. im not syaing that. But for CENTER, yes.

maybe he looks like a monster but he isnt a monster the glass. and lee >>> perkins as PF or C

bostncelts34
01-26-2009, 10:27 AM
It should be Lee or Okafor. I think most of us agree on that. I think one of two would be considered if one of the teams has a "winning" record. Perkins is just on a team with the "Big 3". Nothing more. If he was on a different team this thread wouldnt even be happening. Same thing with Rondo. How would he play if he was on a different team??? look at his options....Damn, I cant get open!!! Who do i pass it to??? The All-Star PF, All-Star SF or the Superstar SG??!?!??!!? If one of those are players are double team (which they are) then he is left open ans drives or shoots. If you can cant shoot an open shot or drive the lane you shouldnt be playing. Example: Jared Jeffries!!!!!!! *which keep in mind shut down Rondo last time.*

i seriously hate that argument. Perk and Rondo are peices of the celtics. Doc/ainge ask them to do exactly what they are doing. Dish out assist, and rebound. Thats what they are asked to do. IF you put them on diffrent teams. Perk would get more rebounds, without KG hogging them. Rondo would get more shots, hence, more points. That argument works both ways.

p.s. congrats on having to use your 6'7 (ish) guy to have to shut down rondo lol. big props

HOZ THE KNICK
01-26-2009, 10:28 AM
look at lee #'s he tied with dwight howard for the most double doubles in the NBA this season.

bostncelts34
01-26-2009, 10:28 AM
maybe he looks like a monster but he isnt a monster the glass. and lee >>> perkins as PF or C

So, your telling me..you would rather have LEE as your starting center in your franchise? over a big , very servicable center like perK? what is lee? 6'9?

Im not saying perkins is better than Lee, obviously not. But id much rather have perk at CENTER than lee.

innovator
01-26-2009, 10:30 AM
yup id rather have lee at C

bostncelts34
01-26-2009, 10:34 AM
hmm ok..What about if Powe was ur starting PF? lol still gonna take lee? if so, your crazy. Size does matter. haha

HOZ THE KNICK
01-26-2009, 10:34 AM
yup id rather have lee at Clee have been playing center ever since we traded zbo and doing a hell of a job banging downlow with no help what so ever.perkins play on a all star team if him and lee switch spots he would get exposed on the knicks playing center.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-26-2009, 10:36 AM
hmm ok..What about if Powe was ur starting PF? lol still gonna take lee? if so, your crazy. Size does matter. haha

kid you thinking with your heart and not your brain if you think perkins and powe is better than lee :pity:

bostncelts34
01-26-2009, 10:39 AM
kid you thinking with your heart and not your brain if you think perkins and powe is better than lee :pity:

lol thats not what im saying AT all.

Read the previous post man. lol
Lee is WAY better than both of them. I was saying, if you had a team..and Powe was your starting PF. And you had a choice of LEE or PERKINS at center. Already having a small pf, who would you take? just curious.

innovator
01-26-2009, 10:40 AM

yup, and why in the hell would i start powe?

bostncelts34
01-26-2009, 10:47 AM
yup, and why in the hell would i start powe?

lol, well thats your opinion i guess. And i was just saying, if he was. lol

i wouldnt want my front court to consist of two guys that are like 6'9 and 6'8

JJ81
01-26-2009, 11:09 AM
Bosh should be back up C