PDA

View Full Version : Is Eddy Curry star-crossed?

oldenpolynice
01-25-2009, 09:20 PM
It seems like horrible things happen to this guy on a weekly basis.

- Heart problems
- Robbery at his home in '07
- Decline in play
- Weight (his fault) and health (not his fault) issues
- Sexual harassment charges
- Ex-girlfriend murdered in front of his son

Did this guy do something horrible in another life or something? Why so much tragedy in his life?

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/01/25/tragedy-strikes-again-for-eddy-curry/

Bulls4Lyfe
01-25-2009, 10:33 PM
It seems like horrible things happen to this guy on a weekly basis.

- Heart problems
- Robbery at his home in '07
- Decline in play
- Weight (his fault) and health (not his fault) issues
- Sexual harassment charges
- Ex-girlfriend murdered in front of his son

Did this guy do something horrible in another life or something? Why so much tragedy in his life?

http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/01/25/tragedy-strikes-again-for-eddy-curry/

He's also a professional basketball player making millions living in NYC...

Spurred1
01-25-2009, 11:39 PM
Well, the decline in play, weight, and possible sexual harassment charges(IF he is guilty, that is) are all to a degree, his fault. Is he even working on improving his play or trying to lose weight? If you're overweight, I can't imagine you would be a terribly effective player, hence the possible decline in play.
The murder of his ex girlfriend is a horrible thing and I hope that the person is brought to justice. But tragedies happen to people everyday. I don't think he's star crossed.

oldenpolynice
01-26-2009, 03:29 AM
Well, the decline in play, weight, and possible sexual harassment charges(IF he is guilty, that is) are all to a degree, his fault. Is he even working on improving his play or trying to lose weight? If you're overweight, I can't imagine you would be a terribly effective player, hence the possible decline in play.
The murder of his ex girlfriend is a horrible thing and I hope that the person is brought to justice. But tragedies happen to people everyday. I don't think he's star crossed.

True, but you forgot about the robbery that happened to him a year and a half ago. He was robbed in his house and he and his wife were tied up. That's a pretty horrible incident also.

If you think about it, that's two tragedies in two years.

Then you bring the heart condition into it and there's even more tragedy. I don't know. It doesn't seem like these kinds of things happen to the average guy, especially not the average guy in the NBA.

JJ81
01-26-2009, 11:11 AM
He's always in the news.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 11:29 AM
its unfortunate for sure. but one thing i learned is NEVER SAY IT CANT GET WORSE, because it can and fast.

GunFactor187
01-26-2009, 12:36 PM
I just wish him all the bast, I mean no one deserves this kind of punishment that he's having to endure.

rrude
01-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Some people seem to invite trouble and misfortune. Sometimes it's because they aren't smart about who they associate, sometimes they are careless in other ways. Some of Curry's problems seem to be about not knowing who to let in his life. The driver thing is an example, and there was speculation that the robbery was an inside job.

Afridi786
01-26-2009, 12:37 PM
y was his son spared?

oldenpolynice
01-26-2009, 02:48 PM
y was his son spared?

Reports make it sound like a crime of passion. Domestic dispute or something. I'm guessing the murderer was the mother's boyfriend and probably the father of the young daughter that got murdered.

Either that or Curry's boy just hid really, really well.