PDA

View Full Version : Dumars looking to deal Iverson?

Sox Appeal
01-25-2009, 07:39 PM
GIVEN a 21-gun salute Friday at The Palace by the Mavericks, the franchise formerly known as the Pistons has gone from the Bad Boys to the Really Bad Boys.

The mood had turned so bleak Heather and Terry Mills pronounced Michael Curry's honeymoon over.

Come back, Dick Vitale, everything but the Bob McAdoo trade is forgiven.

"They are playing with no emotion," says a long-distance viewer. Allen Iverson "has killed the team's spirit with his style of play."

Maybe the East squad can pawn off Iverson on the West preceding next month's All-Star Game in Phoenix.

Don't be surprised if Pistons president Joe Dumars trades A.I. before the Feb. 19 deadline, the same team executive e-mailed. "But only if he can get back a similar expiring contract."

Like the Knicks and Nets, the Pistons are all about accumulating mega cap space for the two upcoming classes of free agents. So hooked on economics is Dumars, an agent testifies, he was prepared to deal treasured Tayshaun Prince for Stephen Jackson (or maybe it was Ron Artest) whose contract was set to terminate after next season. When the Warriors committed to New Jack City for a three-year extension, Detroit's purported proposal came off the table.

"That's absolutely false! I'm not trading Prince, period," Dumars fumed.

Here's what's true about the 24-18 Pistons. "We're definitely going through a transition and change," Dumars allowed. "We knew we had to eventually make some hard choices to be able move forward. We knew we would have some tough nights.

"But we like that we're set up to be good going forward."

-NY Post (http://www.nypost.com/seven/01252009/sports/moresports/no_answer_for_piston_failure_151908.htm)

Iodine
01-25-2009, 07:42 PM
Didnt they trade for him for his expiring contract?

Sox Appeal
01-25-2009, 07:59 PM
Didnt they trade for him for his expiring contract?

Yup.

I really hope the Pistons can find somebody to take AI off our hands. He doesn't fit in with the Pistons, they're below .500 since acquiring him, and things are only getting worse. (See the blowout loss to the Mavs on Friday night..) We've stopped defending, there's no ball movement, and the team chemistry has taken a MAJOR hit. Everything that the Pistons have been in years past, they aren't this season.

Iodine
01-25-2009, 08:06 PM
I think they also ****ed over RS's devolpment by getting rid of a great leader/teacher in billups

DitchDat
01-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Prince and Stuckey are the new Pistons franchise.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-25-2009, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't be surprised either.

TheShock45
01-25-2009, 08:30 PM
im not 100% on the rules but what if they just bought him out

they would improve and it would come off the books in the end

i know they lost chauncey for nothing but theyll have a boatload of money in 2010 and really is that more important than winning a championship???

DitchDat
01-25-2009, 08:45 PM
If they could get an expiring center for him, that would be great.

_Sn1P3r_
01-25-2009, 08:58 PM
That was quick. And I agree. ^

T.O.Fan:)
01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
jo for ai

Wilson
01-25-2009, 09:13 PM
Wow, the Iverson experiment didn't last long then?

I don't know what they could get back for him, unless it's a package with a lot of contracts involved.

blacknell
01-25-2009, 09:19 PM
he would fit in dalals

durtee
01-25-2009, 09:29 PM
I would be cool with it if they can get something good in return. But I am not like the rest of Pistons nation that are overreacting about the Pistons play with AI. They are going to have ups and downs. I am just hoping that they get it clicking before playoff time. Remember the Pistons went 6-2 when RIP was hurt and 3-1 w/out RIP and Sheed. They will find the right chemistry, I have faith.

Wilson
01-25-2009, 09:32 PM
he would fit in dalals

Not with Jason Kidd in the backcourt.

SplenidSplinter
01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I am an A.I. fan but that was an awful move. They still had pieces to make a run to get to the Eastern Finals. If you wanted an expiring contract, go for someone else that would not kill the team's chemistry. And now, Rip is coming off the bench. That is ridiculous! Losing Billups costs the Pistons 5 years of rebuilding. Yes, they will make the playoffs throughout those years, just because they are in the East, but they do not have a chance of getting another ring. TERRIBLE DECISIONS Joe-DU!

cardinals1226
01-25-2009, 09:33 PM
I'll give you Dunleavy and Murphy for that beautiful expiring contract!?

The idea of trading for AI was a terrible decision. The Pistons should have stuck with Billups. He was a much better option at PG and was s leader on the court. AI is not that type of player. He is a scorer, not a pass first PG. The Nuggets have excelled and the Pistons have fissled out. I'd keep AI for the expiring and use the cap space in 2010.

rapswin98
01-25-2009, 10:08 PM
JO for AI?

JordansBulls
01-25-2009, 10:10 PM
-NY Post (http://www.nypost.com/seven/01252009/sports/moresports/no_answer_for_piston_failure_151908.htm)

Iverson for T-mac would be best.

AirJordanXVIII
01-25-2009, 10:12 PM
I dont see anything happening... theres not gonna be much better players that have an expiring contract and can still play like AI.

Muttman73
01-25-2009, 10:24 PM
AI = Poison...might as well trade him to the Bulls, they suck worse

THE_SWAMI
01-25-2009, 10:41 PM
Iverson cant thrive with other stars he is his own show and a cancer at the same time.

IversonIsKrazy
01-26-2009, 12:23 AM
JO for AI lol. If pistons accepted that, or any trade for AI, man AI will just be shocked. I mean he wanted to stay in denver, he was happy there, had his stats, and didnt have to be #1 w/ melo. He doesn't fit w/ detroit. man i just can't wait 'till playoffs kuz i still have faith in the pistons. i think they'll be the team that does okay in season, but great in playoffs.

rhjr06
01-26-2009, 12:41 AM
A.I. is a truly talented player but the only way a team will make progress with A.I. is if he is the only standout player on the team. what i mean is a team that has other priority scoring options will faulter with A.I.....he needs to be the center piece of any team. a team that has chemistry A.I. IS NOT THE ANSWER.......no dis-respect to A.I. he is a great player but his rep. speaks for itself.....PHILLY he was the man, Denver there was mello and other pieces, Detroit wallace, prince etc....just wont work....

DQL
01-26-2009, 02:16 AM
send him to OKC

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=518~788~1731~366~3458&teams=8~8~8~25~25&te=&cash=

Pistons get a starting big and expirings. Thunder get a vet

Pistons

C - Wallace
PF - Wilcox
SF - Prince
SG - Hamilton
PG - Stuckey

THunder

C - Collison
PF - Green
SF - Durant
SG - Iverson
PG - Westbrook

dre1990
01-26-2009, 02:26 AM
Yup.

I really hope the Pistons can find somebody to take AI off our hands. He doesn't fit in with the Pistons, they're below .500 since acquiring him, and things are only getting worse. (See the blowout loss to the Mavs on Friday night..) We've stopped defending, there's no ball movement, and the team chemistry has taken a MAJOR hit. Everything that the Pistons have been in years past, they aren't this season.

yeah, but we only have half a season left of him

GoatMilk
01-26-2009, 02:40 AM
JO for AI lol. If pistons accepted that, or any trade for AI, man AI will just be shocked. I mean he wanted to stay in denver, he was happy there, had his stats, and didnt have to be #1 w/ melo. He doesn't fit w/ detroit. man i just can't wait 'till playoffs kuz i still have faith in the pistons. i think they'll be the team that does okay in season, but great in playoffs.

you definitely are true to your name.

PhillyOwnsAll
01-26-2009, 03:04 AM
iverson back to philly for andre miller....does that trade sound familiar???

thedfactor
01-26-2009, 03:24 AM
Iverson becoming a journeyman

Chronz
01-26-2009, 04:02 AM
I would be cool with it if they can get something good in return. But I am not like the rest of Pistons nation that are overreacting about the Pistons play with AI. They are going to have ups and downs. I am just hoping that they get it clicking before playoff time. Remember the Pistons went 6-2 when RIP was hurt and 3-1 w/out RIP and Sheed. They will find the right chemistry, I have faith.

Your faith is misguided, look at the teams they beat and how they performed in the wins, they werent impressive by any means, they barely won games they shouldve been dominating. The collapse was evident even in the W's, they have too much talent not to make the playoffs though.

Chronz
01-26-2009, 04:03 AM
he would fit in dalals
They already got Jason Terry to fill the short shooting guard quota, but who would they offer?

Hellcrooner
01-26-2009, 04:10 AM
If i were the knicks i would forget the risky 2010 plan and take advantage on Iverson and stoudamire posibly being on the market.

Resign Nate, resign Lee, use the whole lot of 2009 and 20010 expirings and the revalorized Duhon, Chandler and Gallinari and maybe some picks on Iverson and Stou.

Robinson, Iverson,Harrington,Lee, Stou

Big R
01-26-2009, 08:40 AM
i think charlotte is the best place for iverson, larry brown the coach hes had the most success with is there, they already have a young pg in augustin so iverson can play the 2 and depending on who goes in the trade, they have wallace who can guard the other teams best perimeter player(though i havent seen much of him but havent heard anything bad about him on defense) and when iverson plays some minutes at the 1, raja bell can come in and guard the other teams best perimeter player not to mention iverson can be himself and take over and just maybe lead the bobcats to the playoffs but a 3rd team would have to be involved

if not id like to see him sign there in the offseason :clap:

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 08:48 AM
How about this?

Knicks get : Allen Iverson
$20,840,625
Years Remaining: 1
PPG: 18 RPG: 2
APG: 6 PER: 16.116

Pistons get : 2009 2nd round pick, $200,000 cash

Nate Robinson
$2,020,179
PPG: 15 RPG: 3
APG: 3 PER: 17.576

Malik Rose
$7,647,500
PPG: 1 RPG: 1
APG: 0 PER: -3.235

Tim Thomas
$6,049,400
Years Remaining: 2
PPG: 10 RPG: 4
APG: 1 PER: 12.908

Eddy Curry
$9,723,983
Years Remaining: 2
PPG: 2 RPG: 2
APG: 0 PER: 30.842

HOZ THE KNICK
01-26-2009, 09:23 AM
it's going to be hard for the pistons to get equal value for him they should just keep him and let him expire.

JJ81
01-26-2009, 11:12 AM
Nobody wants him

JordansBulls
01-26-2009, 11:21 AM
If I am the Bulls I take him up. Trade Deng and Gordon for him.

rhymeratic
01-26-2009, 11:39 AM
They should find a way to trade A.I. for Lamar Odom and filler. That would make the most sense.

durtee
01-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Your faith is misguided, look at the teams they beat and how they performed in the wins, they werent impressive by any means, they barely won games they shouldve been dominating. The collapse was evident even in the W's, they have too much talent not to make the playoffs though.

I guess we will see...or maybe I should just give up before mid season like you. Pistons are still 5th in the East and they have played about as bad as they could the 1st half of the season. No were to go but up. Wait a min.... aren't you the guy from the other thread that said Billups is a 1st Ballot HOFer??? yeah my faith is misguided. :shrug:

Also they did beat Denver and Orlando w/out RIP. Beat Denver with your 1st ballot HOFer w/out Rip and Sheed. They held both teams to under 90 pts. As matter of fact they only gave up over 90 twice w/out Rip. So what games am I supposed to look at?

Manos
01-26-2009, 11:57 AM
They'll hold onto that contract, let it expire then make a play for Boozer, assuming he's healthy.

Kaptain Kanada
01-26-2009, 12:30 PM
Detroit can trade Prince to the Raptors... that would solve their issues. ;)

jimbobjarree
01-26-2009, 02:37 PM
booz and harp for AI...we cant get any worse than we are now...why not

Iodine
01-26-2009, 05:27 PM
They should find a way to trade A.I. for Lamar Odom and filler. That would make the most sense.

Every trade here has been horrible but this takes the cake

mkool65
01-26-2009, 05:44 PM
Would the Suns do something like AI and Maxiell or Amir Johnson for Amare and Barbosa?

Pierzynski4Prez
01-26-2009, 06:10 PM
Would the Suns do something like AI and Maxiell or Amir Johnson for Amare and Barbosa?

No chance

Wilson
01-26-2009, 07:10 PM
If I am the Bulls I take him up. Trade Deng and Gordon for him.

Take the ball out of Derrick Rose's hands?

Take the ball out of Kobe Bryant's hands?

booz and harp for AI...we cant get any worse than we are now...why not

Take the ball out of Deron Williams' hands?

Jahari Kavi
01-26-2009, 07:25 PM
Take the ball out of Derrick Rose's hands?

Take the ball out of Kobe Bryant's hands?

Take the ball out of Deron Williams' hands?

lmao..............but yeah I agree, I don't see how any of those trades are happening..........

Chronz
01-26-2009, 07:43 PM
I guess we will see...or maybe I should just give up before mid season like you. Pistons are still 5th in the East and they have played about as bad as they could the 1st half of the season. No were to go but up. Wait a min.... aren't you the guy from the other thread that said Billups is a 1st Ballot HOFer??? yeah my faith is misguided. :shrug:
I said Billups SHOULD be 1st ballot but you never know with these type of things.

Also they did beat Denver and Orlando w/out RIP. Beat Denver with your 1st ballot HOFer w/out Rip and Sheed. They held both teams to under 90 pts. As matter of fact they only gave up over 90 twice w/out Rip. So what games am I supposed to look at?

ALL OF THEM

If you look at only a few cherry picked examples your not going to get the big picture, they struggled to put away teams they shouldve blown out, my Clippers being one of them, we were without pretty much everybody and barely lost to you guys. That was the game that really opened my eyes and got me to analyze their win-loss record. Their 7 game winning streak was pretty bad considering the point differential and the talent disparity.

Their Strength of Schedule is only going to get harder from here on out and they got more road games than home. BB-R SimpleRatingSystem ranks them as the 17th best team in the league and their estimated winning % based on their point differential is that of a 21-22 team. Im not saying to give up hope, you can do whatever you want but the Pistons are getting worse, it was evident even in their wins.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2009, 07:59 PM
AI and Wallace for Howard, Dampier and Terry

Dallas gets 55 mil coming off the books after this season!!!!

C-Wallace
PF-Dirk
SF-Stackhouse maybe
SG-AI
PG-Kidd

jimbobjarree
01-26-2009, 08:02 PM
Take the ball out of Deron Williams' hands?.

Deron needs some help IMO. Hes not leading this team as well as I'd hoped, and AI can give us some scoring so we dont have to rely on Okur anymore to score consistantly. Our back court would be sick if AI could learn to play with Deron, understanding that Deron is the man, but can also give us some veteran leadership. Still, wherever AI goes he makes them suck but maybe not, worst case scenario we get a nice lotto pick and a huge 2009 expiring

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2009, 08:11 PM
Deron needs some help IMO. Hes not leading this team as well as I'd hoped, and AI can give us some scoring so we dont have to rely on Okur anymore to score consistantly. Our back court would be sick if AI could learn to play with Deron, understanding that Deron is the man, but can also give us some veteran leadership. Still, wherever AI goes he makes them suck but maybe not, worst case scenario we get a nice lotto pick and a huge 2009 expiring

this trade looks fair

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3187~366~306~434&teams=26~26~8~8&te=&cash=

C-Okur
PF-Boozer
SF-Brewer
SG-AI
PG-Williams

C-Wallace
PF-Kirilenko
SF-Prince
SG-Hamilton
PG-Stuckey

durtee
01-26-2009, 08:12 PM
I said Billups SHOULD be 1st ballot but you never know with these type of things.

ALL OF THEM

If you look at only a few cherry picked examples your not going to get the big picture, they struggled to put away teams they shouldve blown out, my Clippers being one of them, we were without pretty much everybody and barely lost to you guys. That was the game that really opened my eyes and got me to analyze their win-loss record. Their 7 game winning streak was pretty bad considering the point differential and the talent disparity.

Their Strength of Schedule is only going to get harder from here on out and they got more road games than home. BB-R SimpleRatingSystem ranks them as the 17th best team in the league and their estimated winning % based on their point differential is that of a 21-22 team. Im not saying to give up hope, you can do whatever you want but the Pistons are getting worse, it was evident even in their wins.

For one....it's the NBA. The Lakers, Celtics, Spurs etc.. all have games that they coulda/shoulda won by more than they did. Every team has games they lose that they should have won. The Pistons have been losing games that they should have won for years, but when it counts the most is when they step up.

Here is all of the games they had w/out Rip and/or Sheed:

@Mil W- 87-76 (they beat a .500 basketball team by double digits like they are supposed to)

vs. Orl W- 88-82 (record wise Orl is one of the best in the league)
vs. NJ W- 83-75 (another .500 that they are supposed to beat and did)
vs. Sac W 98-92 (beat one of the worst teams in the league, I suppose they could have blown them out...but a win is a win)
@Lac W-88-87 (your right, they probably should have closed them out better, but traveling all the way out west and getting a win is always good)
@Por- L 84-83 (Portland has been one of the better teams in the west all year and they lost to them by one in Portland)
@Den- W 93-90 (As you know then beat one of the best teams in the west on the road w/out two starters in Sheed and Rip)

Of course after this Sheed and Rip make their ways back and they lose 5 in a row for the 1st time in 5 years. Also Stuckey and Tay stepped up there game pretty big with those guys out of the lineup. No question that they are worse right now then they were when the season started, but I don't blame that all on AI. Any Piston fan or anyone in general that said there wasn't going to be ups and downs with this new lineup is kidding themselves. I am not worried about them playing on the road or having a tough schedule, if anything I prefer that. Playing playoff type basketball during the later part of the regular season is exactly what I am hoping for.

Wilson
01-26-2009, 09:23 PM

I don't think Iverson could ever work in the back-court with Williams. When you have guys like Williams, Paul, Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Parker Pierce and all the other guys who control the ball on the perimeter, the last thing you want next to them is a guy who needs the ball in their hands to be effective.

With all of those guys, they need someone with three-point ability to stretch the defense for them. If not, the defense will just collapse into the lane. Iverson isn't going to be that spot up shooter, and he doesn't help your defense at the SG spot.

Hellcrooner
01-26-2009, 09:30 PM
mmm I just got a crazy idea.

Iverson AND sheed for Brand and dalembert.....

Miller, Iverson,Igoudala,Sheed,Spights

Stukcey,Rip,prince,Brand , Mcdyess.

Wilson
01-26-2009, 09:35 PM
mmm I just got a crazy idea.

Iverson AND sheed for Brand and dalembert.....

Miller, Iverson,Igoudala,Sheed,Spights

Stukcey,Rip,prince,Brand , Mcdyess.

You already have two guys who are going to handle the ball a significant amount of the time, why throw Iverson in there too?

Also, why break up a team which appears to have completely turned its season around??

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2009, 09:36 PM

C-Wallace
PF-Dirk
SF-Stackhouse maybe
SG-AI
PG-Kidd

C-Dampier or whoever can play C for them
PF-Prince
SF-Howard
SG-Terry
PG-Stuckey

Wilson
01-26-2009, 09:45 PM

C-Wallace
PF-Dirk
SF-Stackhouse maybe
SG-AI
PG-Kidd

C-Dampier or whoever can play C for them
PF-Prince
SF-Howard
SG-Terry
PG-Stuckey

:sigh:

Jason Kidd handles the ball a ton, and can't shoot. Allen Iverson handles the ball a ton, and isn't a great shooter. They both need the ball in their hands to be effective, so how do they work on the perimeter?

Also, you'd have your two bigs out on the perimeter...

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2009, 09:55 PM
:sigh:

Jason Kidd handles the ball a ton, and can't shoot. Allen Iverson handles the ball a ton, and isn't a great shooter. They both need the ball in their hands to be effective, so how do they work on the perimeter?

Also, you'd have your two bigs out on the perimeter...

J-Kidd doesnt need to shoot and AI can shoot

all Kidd has to do is pass

Wilson
01-26-2009, 09:58 PM
J-Kidd doesnt need to shoot and AI can shoot

all Kidd has to do is pass

Jason Kidd would need to shoot if Iverson was there, otherwise there'd be no point of him being there. If all Kidd has to do is pass, then he's mostly going to just be standing around. Having two guys that handle the ball as much as Iverson and Kidd do just wouldn't work...

Chronz
01-26-2009, 10:11 PM
For one....it's the NBA. The Lakers, Celtics, Spurs etc.. all have games that they coulda/shoulda won by more than they did. Every team has games they lose that they should have won.
Yes I know, thats why I hold them to the same standards as I do EVERY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE, the Pistons are having more of them relative to the league, so your point is moot.

The Pistons have been losing games that they should have won for years, but when it counts the most is when they step up.
Every team since the beginning of time has, the difference is the good teams let them get away less often.

Here is all of the games they had w/out Rip and/or Sheed:

@Mil W- 87-76 (they beat a .500 basketball team by double digits like they are supposed to)
vs. Orl W- 88-82 (record wise Orl is one of the best in the league)
vs. NJ W- 83-75 (another .500 that they are supposed to beat and did)
vs. Sac W 98-92 (beat one of the worst teams in the league, I suppose they could have blown them out...but a win is a win)
@Lac W-88-87 (your right, they probably should have closed them out better, but traveling all the way out west and getting a win is always good)
@Por- L 84-83 (Portland has been one of the better teams in the west all year and they lost to them by one in Portland)
@Den- W 93-90 (As you know then beat one of the best teams in the west on the road w/out two starters in Sheed and Rip)

They held up with them out, but have sucked with them back. In the end it all balances out, I never said they didnt play admirably with key players out, Im talking about the level of play of the TEAM. Its not all on AI if thats what you were trying to prove.

Of course after this Sheed and Rip make their ways back and they lose 5 in a row for the 1st time in 5 years. Also Stuckey and Tay stepped up there game pretty big with those guys out of the lineup. No question that they are worse right now then they were when the season started, but I don't blame that all on AI. Any Piston fan or anyone in general that said there wasn't going to be ups and downs with this new lineup is kidding themselves. I am not worried about them playing on the road or having a tough schedule, if anything I prefer that. Playing playoff type basketball during the later part of the regular season is exactly what I am hoping for.

Thats the right attitude to have as a fan, as an objective viewer Ive noticed teams tend to do worse in harder situations especially when they shouldve done better in the much easier ones, if the team can suddenly cure its offensive and defensive woes then so much the better, like Ive said before they have too much talent not to make the playoffs, but they definitely arent getting better as the season gos along. Not yet anyways... I just dont see this team radically changing since theyve been playing poor all year.

Chronz
01-26-2009, 10:18 PM
I don't think Iverson could ever work in the back-court with Williams. When you have guys like Williams, Paul, Kobe, Wade, LeBron, Parker Pierce and all the other guys who control the ball on the perimeter, the last thing you want next to them is a guy who needs the ball in their hands to be effective.

With all of those guys, they need someone with three-point ability to stretch the defense for them. If not, the defense will just collapse into the lane. Iverson isn't going to be that spot up shooter, and he doesn't help your defense at the SG spot.
Bingo, Deron is surrounded by great off the ball players (Korver/Brewer), AI would bring another dimension but one that is probably redundant. I dont see AI fitting in as well as either of those 2 in Sloans offense, at this point AI really needs to embrace a 6th man role on EVERY team. There simply isnt a team that needs AI as the main chucker unless he wants to join a non-contending team but I doubt thats what he wants.

As for Pierce, he has a Rondo as the AI on the team but he atleast constantly looks to create for him and only takes shots he can make. If AI cant learn to shoot he should atleast learn to play like Rondo, then maybe he could be effective next to a guy like Deron.

Wilson
01-26-2009, 10:21 PM
Bingo, Deron is surrounded by great off the ball players (Korver/Brewer), AI would bring another dimension but one that is probably redundant. I dont see AI fitting in as well as either of those 2 in Sloans offense, at this point AI really needs to embrace a 6th man role on EVERY team. There simply isnt a team that needs AI as the main chucker unless he wants to join a non-contending team but I doubt thats what he wants.

As for Pierce, he has a Rondo as the AI on the team but he atleast constantly looks to create for him and only takes shots he can make. If AI cant learn to shoot he should atleast learn to play like Rondo, then maybe he could be effective next to a guy like Deron.

Yeah, Rondo isn't going to shoot twenty shots a game so it can work out. Rondo also provides great defense for the Celtics.

BkOriginalOne
01-26-2009, 10:42 PM
Iverson for Tmac sounds nice. AI could easily hide behind artest and battier... Also, Mcgrady would be insanse for the pistons.

Wilson
01-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Iverson for Tmac sounds nice. AI could easily hide behind artest and battier... Also, Mcgrady would be insanse for the pistons.

I don't think T-Mac would really work, the Pistons would still have trouble finding the chemistry in the backcourt with him there.

That'd be nice for the Rockets though.

theimortalone
01-26-2009, 10:48 PM
The Nuggets 1 up'd Joe D! I bet he wishes that he still had Billups! :ouch: A.I. is going all over the place this year.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2009, 11:00 PM
Jason Kidd would need to shoot if Iverson was there, otherwise there'd be no point of him being there. If all Kidd has to do is pass, then he's mostly going to just be standing around. Having two guys that handle the ball as much as Iverson and Kidd do just wouldn't work...

true but i heard somewhere that Dallas would be better with a C that can score and another 20+ppg player and iverson can do that

Wilson
01-26-2009, 11:11 PM
true but i heard somewhere that Dallas would be better with a C that can score and another 20+ppg player and iverson can do that

With Dirk at PF, the Mavs need a C who plays in the paint. If your too perimeter oriented, it'll be much harder for teams to defend you.

Even if the Mavs need more scoring, Iverson wouldn't work out. Like I said before, he needs the ball in his hands like Kidd. If they're looking for scoring help, they need to pick up someone who can play off of Jason Kidd.

Gup
01-26-2009, 11:21 PM
He's a cancer for ANY team! I wouldnt trade a 2nd round pickfor the guy.

still1ballin
01-26-2009, 11:28 PM
Iverson = Fail

NyYaNkEeS 91
01-27-2009, 12:19 AM
would not surprise me one bit...the pistons are actually worse with AI