PDA

View Full Version : What teams need to start rebuilding?

JordansBulls
01-25-2009, 07:03 PM
What teams need to start rebuilding?

DerekRE_3
01-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Right now, it looks like the Suns might want to start.

Mane
01-25-2009, 07:04 PM
The Suns, and Raptors are staring to look like they need rebuilding.

Pending next year, the Wizards might need to.

Spurred1
01-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Suns and Mavs

jimbobjarree
01-25-2009, 07:16 PM
Jazz...trade everything but Deron, Millsap and Koufos and start again

Lakersfan2483
01-25-2009, 07:26 PM
Dallas, Phoenix, Detroit

It's time for Dallas to break up their core group and start the process of rebuilding their team. Both Detroit and Phoenix are in the same position as Dallas, I just don't see any of these teams legitimately contending for a title and they all have good enough players to trade in order to get better and or begin rebuiliding.

vigilantex69
01-25-2009, 07:40 PM
It will be too tough for Dallas to do that because they have Cuban as a GM. He couldn't stand the idea of not being competitive hes like the Yankees.

kurtismurray
01-25-2009, 07:43 PM
The obvious answer here is Detroit.

However, I think the Jazz need to do something. Maybe seeing what things are like once the line up plays once all season together? They have a VERY talented team when healthy in Deron, Boozer, Okur, Kirilenko, Brewer, Korver, Millsap, Koufos etc.

kvrnm
01-25-2009, 07:45 PM
suns and mavs

superkegger
01-25-2009, 07:49 PM
I don't think any of the top 9 teams in the west need to rebuild, perhaps retool, but not rebuild. The Lakers and Pau are evidence of how 1 trade can change everything.

bahama0811
01-25-2009, 07:52 PM
I think the Mavs. The J. Kidd trade was a disaster. They just don't look very good and I don't see them going anywhere in the playoffs.

codes238
01-25-2009, 07:55 PM
suns and mavs will play out this year get beat in the first round and then rebuild in the offseason, both those teams windows to win with current groups is gone... detroit is rebuilding already in my mind, thats really what the billups trade was... they have some nice young pieces in stuckey, maxiell and amir johnson... prince and rip are both pretty young still too... they could trade sheed this year but i think dumars is gonna let this group play out and maybe do somethign in the playoffs if they can somehow put it together...

MilfHunter07
01-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Suns.

DitchDat
01-25-2009, 07:56 PM
Dallas and Phoenix...badly!!

T.O.Fan:)
01-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Suns,Pistons,Raptors, Mavs...

Spurred1
01-25-2009, 10:46 PM
I don't think any of the top 9 teams in the west need to rebuild, perhaps retool, but not rebuild. The Lakers and Pau are evidence of how 1 trade can change everything.

Yeah, but the Lakers were already doing really well anyway. Bynum got hurt, but they got Pau shortly afterwards by trading Kwame, a couple of others and some picks. (I am generalizing-I know.) I just think that type of trade is incredibly rare and Dallas and Phoenix aren't going to get that lucky. The Shaq trade has benefited the Suns-they didn't give up their future for it and Shaq's play has been very good, considering his age and shape. They have room to improve. Dallas screwed themselves over with the Kidd trade and really have no room to improve. They have a couple, maybe three good scorers and an odd mix of parts that do not fit. They just need to blow up the whole damn team and get some young players and start all over. I'm sure there are teams that would be fine with trading for Dirk, Howard, Kidd, or Terry. The other players are scrubs-they can rot in hell. (Sorry-just very annoyed with Cuban.)

ink
01-25-2009, 10:51 PM
The Suns, and Raptors are staring to look like they need rebuilding.

Pending next year, the Wizards might need to.

The Raptors are already rebuilding.

Spurred1
01-25-2009, 10:54 PM
^Thought the Raptors were sort of tweaking the roster; it is an actual rebuild?

ink
01-25-2009, 10:58 PM
^Thought the Raptors were sort of tweaking the roster; it is an actual rebuild?

As far as I'm concerned the rebuild started when Colangelo got here. We had one illusory season (the first) and now it's obvious we have a core of three solid players -- Bosh, Calderon and Bargnani. The rebuild continues ...

toronto_JazzFan
01-25-2009, 11:02 PM
The celtics?

Morgan
01-25-2009, 11:02 PM
The Suns need to trade Stoudemire for a young player and a 1st round pick and start rebuilding. They could use a PG. Too bad they gave Rondo to Boston.

The Raptors need every position filled except PF. Bosh is the only solid player they have.

The Clippers have been rebuilding for years.

Dallas needs to make some major changes.

Suprisingly The T-Wolves look like they are turning that corner with McHale at head coach. They be playing some great ball as of late.

ShaunRiching9
01-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Raps Keep bargs and calderon and try to keep bosh and everyone else can go bye

toronto_JazzFan
01-25-2009, 11:06 PM
Morgan for raptors what about calderon? hes not solid

ink
01-25-2009, 11:08 PM

Of course he is. They have a core of three good players. They also have a few decent bench and role players.

Morgan
01-25-2009, 11:33 PM

Calderon is good but I don't think he's going to get any better. He reached his maxium potential already because he's not really that young. He came to the NBA after playing overseas for a number of years so, basically what you see now with Calderon is what you get. Personally I think he's a bit overrated.

IversonIsKrazy
01-25-2009, 11:37 PM
the raps used to have 2 good player, bosh and jose. now bargs has stepped up and is a part of that core now.

hotpotato1092
01-25-2009, 11:42 PM
I'd say the Wizards but they had their chance to rebuild but they decided not to and kept Arenas and Jamison. The Suns are definitely up there also, but I think the mavs could contend with one more move, someone's gonna want to dump salary and when they do I think the mavs will be there waiting.

Spurred1
01-25-2009, 11:46 PM
I'd say the Wizards but they had their chance to rebuild but they decided not to and kept Arenas and Jamison. The Suns are definitely up there also, but I think the mavs could contend with one more move, someone's gonna want to dump salary and when they do I think the mavs will be there waiting.

That was really a bad move by the Wiz, giving Arenas that massive contract. He wasn't worth it then, but now it looks even worse.

IRUAM #21
01-25-2009, 11:50 PM
Wizards, Suns, Mavs, Clippers ???

GREATNESS ONE
01-25-2009, 11:52 PM
Lakers

bahama0811
01-25-2009, 11:57 PM
After watching tonights game I'd say Utah. They looked pretty bad against the Nuggs. Memo was horrible.

kingjanjic
01-25-2009, 11:58 PM

lakers were first in the west even before they got pau, he made a difference but didnt change "everything"

but anyways, alot of teams need a big a trade including raptors, jazz, mavs and sun.

wizards need to rebuild, tade jamison n butler, arenas contract is stuck with them but thats okay cuz when his healthy he one of the best

Kyle916
01-26-2009, 12:01 AM
The Kings are so bad they need to rebuild even though they are rebuilding.

djeller1139
01-26-2009, 12:04 AM
The Kings are so bad they need to rebuild even though they are rebuilding.

:laugh:

Detroit, Dallas, Phoenix. None of those teams will continue winning like they had been, and even if they make the playoffs, none of those teams will go very far...

Sox Appeal
01-26-2009, 12:04 AM
I'd say the Wizards are defiantly one of the teams that have to rebuild. They already have somebody who they could build around in Caron Bulter, a few other nice pieces in Nick Young and McGee, but outside of that there isn't much to be desired on this team. If I where them I would try to deal away Jamison for some young players or an expiring contract, and then think about doing the same with Arenas. Of course there's a very real chance they end up with the #1 overall pick, and that will obviously go a long way in helping them rebuild their franchise.

1goldenrican1
01-26-2009, 07:09 AM
I have to say the Suns. The other teams name are good as well but they have young players who need to step up . The Suns starting line up are old and the young guys dont get enough playing time. Nash is getting old and they dont have a replacement (they dont really play Dragic enough min) , Shaq is old and doesnt play like he used to *even though he is better this season it will decline* (Sim and Lopez as a there center??), Hill is old, Barbosa is always coming off the bench as a 6th man and stoudemire is upset about how things are going and fans have been saying he hasnt been playing hard. Sad to say but if they dont take action soon The Sun is setting in the WEST. Which is trouble with up and coming Portland and Hornets. They wont be a top team in the west anymore.