PDA

View Full Version : Michael Redd is done for the year

theimortalone
01-25-2009, 04:39 PM
ESPN NBA - Bucks G Michael Redd is out for the remainder of the season with tears in both his ACL and MCL

SOURCE: ESPN ALERT TEXT MESSAGE

I will provide a link when its available.

NYMetros
01-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Wow, that's terrible news for the Bucks. Redd's one of the more underrated players in the league, and the best player on Milwaukee. This is a huge blow to the Bucks' chances of making the playoffs.

leftie5
01-25-2009, 04:58 PM
ESPN NBA - Bucks G Michael Redd is out for the remainder of the season with tears in both his ACL and MCL

SOURCE: ESPN ALERT TEXT MESSAGE

I will provide a link when its available.

Here is the link imortalone ---> http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3859546

Hellcrooner
01-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Acl AND mcl.....done......forever? SAD.

Very sad for Wisconsin people, i guess there might be some people jumping of joy nearby in Illinois and Toronto...

lorenz00
01-25-2009, 05:19 PM
ouch bucks are done for the year there not making the playoffs..

JordansBulls
01-25-2009, 05:29 PM
horrible news.

thedfactor
01-25-2009, 05:39 PM
Its unfortunate for the Bucks, but a surprise? No. Michael Redd is one of the most injury prone guys in the league.

jgonboricua
01-25-2009, 05:46 PM
pretty sad considering the was on the the most sought after guys in the trade market as well...i really though cleveland was going to use wally's expiring and an asset to get him...

YankeeFan89
01-25-2009, 05:46 PM
Time to pick up Ramon Sessions on my fantasy team.

infamous
01-25-2009, 05:49 PM
Ouch.. Sucks for the Bucks. They have been playing well lately. They should have traded Redd.

RapsGuy23
01-25-2009, 05:53 PM
That's terrible news. Those injuries could very well be career ending. I hope his recovery is quick a full.

I am a huge Michael Redd fan. Redd was the 43rd overall pick in the 2000 NBA draft and played but 6 games in his rookie season averaging a minuscule 2.2ppg. Today Redd has career averages of 20.6ppg, 4.1rpg, 2.3apg. Redd is a spectacular shooter. I find his release to be a bit on the funky side but he's arguably one of the best pure shooters in the league today. When he gets hot he can take over games with his jump shooting alone. Not to mention the fact that he's an Olympic gold medalist.

I was born in Manitowoc, Wisconsin and the Bucks have always been one of favorite teams next to my religion the Toronto Raptors. Redd is the heart of the Bucks team. He seems like a level headed dude, well spoken and community oriented (from what I've gathered from interviews and articles etc...). Only time will tell how his body heals.

_Sn1P3r_
01-25-2009, 06:17 PM
Sucks for the Bucks. RJ has to step up for sure.

td0tsfinest
01-25-2009, 06:22 PM
anyone know what happen?

jtrinaldi
01-25-2009, 06:23 PM
thank god we acquired someone in the offseason who has the capability to carry the team when smaller pieces are provided:clap:......anyone think yi could carry the team right now? no

DitchDat
01-25-2009, 06:31 PM
That's sad.

But to be honest, I don't think Redd and RJ complement each other.

Villanueva has been good for the Bucks though.

codes238
01-25-2009, 06:59 PM
thats sad news, redd's a good player but way too injury-prone, the bucks really sholdve traded him to cleveland and tried to rebuild this year... anyways this opens the door for my raps, i think the 8th spot in the east is pretty much up for grabs now...

Master Mind
01-25-2009, 07:01 PM
The Bucks are officially done

NyYaNkEeS 91
01-25-2009, 07:29 PM
thats a shame, redd is a tremendous player

MiamiHeat
01-25-2009, 07:32 PM
sucks for the bucks

jrodmesche
01-25-2009, 07:51 PM
this sucks mega ballz i had him on my fantasy team

kvrnm
01-25-2009, 08:12 PM
bucks had a great chance at the playoffs.... not soo much anymore though.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-25-2009, 08:15 PM
That's too bad for the former Buckeye.

Sean McG
01-25-2009, 08:18 PM
They can't even trade him now, can they?

SouljahPhil...
01-25-2009, 08:50 PM
ouch...that hurts...might as well tank the season...

Brooke
01-25-2009, 09:40 PM
Really bad news. This really hurts the Bucks playoff hopes

goku
01-25-2009, 10:01 PM
it hurts there chances

Sixerlover
01-25-2009, 10:05 PM
I didn't think they were going to hold on to that 8th spot anyway. But the issue should be can he ever fully recover from this injury.

DerekRE_3
01-25-2009, 10:08 PM
I didn't think they were going to hold on to that 8th spot anyway. But the issue should be can he ever fully recover from this injury.

Well, he's 29. If he was in his early 20's I'd say he could come back at 100%. But there have been a ton of guys that have blown our their knees in their late 20's or early 30's and have never been the same: Chris Webber, Jamal Mashburn, Allan Houston. Hopefully he can come back at 100% or close to it, but tearing 2 of the 4 major ligaments in you knee doesn't look good. The good news is, he isn't going to lose his shooting touch. So worst case he becomes a spot up shooter.

sacgiants1213
01-25-2009, 10:10 PM
all the bucks playoff hopes and dreams are instantly shattered. Injuries are inevitable and they happen to the best of them. Better luck next year.

AirJordanXVIII
01-25-2009, 10:10 PM
They still have a pretty solid team... CV, Ridnour, Sessions, and Bogut are more than capable of picking up the slack..

Iggydelphia
01-26-2009, 01:24 AM
in the end sounds like a lottery pick

Ollie Tabooger
01-26-2009, 01:46 AM
Its unfortunate for the Bucks, but a surprise? No. Michael Redd is one of the most injury prone guys in the league.

no kidding. every time i turn around redd's injured. same thing with the brewers and ben sheets. i dont think he's ever been healthy for more than half a season. being a wisconsin fan isnt great right now

theimortalone
01-26-2009, 02:03 AM
Michael Redd Out For The Season
Bucks' Redd done for year with torn ACL and MCL Tags: NBA, Milwaukee Bucks, Michael Redd
Michael Redd Out For The Season

MILWAUKEE -- Just when that silky smooth jumper of his was starting to fall just the way Michael Redd likes it, the Olympian's injury-plagued season came to an abrupt and frustrating end.

The Milwaukee Bucks' leading scorer will miss the rest of the year with torn ligaments in his left knee.

"I'm deeply disappointed but everything in life happens for a reason and this is God's plan for me," Redd said in a statement issued by the team. "I have faith in my teammates and coaches to continue to work together to make our fans proud. I will be supporting them wholeheartedly from the sidelines and working equally hard to return to the court in the best condition possible for next season."

Redd
Redd

It's a tremendous blow to a team that has struggled with injuries all season. The Bucks (22-25) are in third place in the Central Division. Redd missed 14 games with an ankle injury and center Andrew Bogut has missed 13 games, including the last six with back spasms.

"Over half our games have been without two of our main players," coach Scott Skiles said after the game. "Our guys are hanging in there. It's not always pretty every night, but we're hanging in there."

Redd was just starting to look like the player who helped Team USA reclaim the gold medal at the Beijing Olympics last summer. Having shaken the rust off from that long layoff in November, Redd was averaging 25.0 points per game in January and shooting better than 51 percent from the field. He had 27 points, including five 3-pointers, in a 133-99 dismantling of Dallas on Wednesday night.

But in the third quarter of Saturday night's victory over Sacramento, Redd landed awkwardly on teammate Luke Ridnour's foot after missing a shot near the basket. Redd had an MRI exam on Sunday that revealed the extent of the injury. A surgery date has not been scheduled.

"We're extremely disappointed for Michael. He was having a good season and he's a guy that's such a big part of what we do," general manager John Hammond told The Associated Press on Sunday. "He's been so supportive of us and Scott as a coach and what we're trying to do."

Redd leads the team with 21.2 points per game and is fifth on the franchise career scoring list. The Bucks went 5-9 without him in November, with Charlie Bell filling in at shooting guard. Bell hasn't played since Jan. 19 because of a gimpy ankle.

"We did have to play early in the season without him and yes, this is more long term," Hammond said. "Maybe it does affect the guys from a mental standpoint, but this is professional basketball. These things occur and they're going to happen again. Guys have a responsibility to step up."

Much of the scoring load likely will shift to Richard Jefferson, the team's second leading scorer (17.3) who came over from New Jersey in a trade in the offseason.

With the Bucks struggling to get over the .500 mark, Hammond has talked about trying to make a deal before the trade deadline to make the team more competitive as it pushes for a playoff spot.

Redd's injury, Hammond said, doesn't change that view.

"We were going to be active in the process before this happened, and we are going to make the right decision for the future of the franchise," Hammond said. "There's no [sudden] reaction because of this. We're going to stay firm with our approach of improving the team."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3859546

innovator
01-26-2009, 02:11 AM
too bad for the mlwaukee sucks

brisk002
01-26-2009, 02:53 AM
Bucks still have a chance. You people haven't had the "great joy" of watching Redd everygame for past 4 years. He has never made a game winning shot in his career! In the final 2 minutes he hides from the ball because he cant make the big shot! Bucks obviously are affected by his injury but Ramon Sessions is there to take his spot. He can pick up most of the scoring slack and also run and gun with RJ which Redd cannot do. Go Bucks!

JJ81
01-26-2009, 11:12 AM
That sucks, poor guy