PDA

View Full Version : Eddy Curry's ex-girlfriend and daughter found dead

KB24PG16
01-25-2009, 04:18 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3859358

Sean McG
01-25-2009, 04:20 PM
His future in basketball isn't looking to bright and then this happens, this is just awful, and I feel terrible for Eddy.

R.I.P Nova & Ava Henry.

showtym24
01-25-2009, 04:25 PM
Damn

Theanswer76
01-25-2009, 04:47 PM
R.i.p

jkiddvc20
01-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Nothing seems to be going good for Curry at all right now.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-25-2009, 04:56 PM
What an awful story. A 9 month old dead due to multiple gun wounds! I am sick

stevefrancis
01-25-2009, 05:05 PM
who the F@ck kills a nine month old baby freakin sick people. they should torture this a$$hole chop off each limb at once make him suffer

IRUAM #21
01-25-2009, 05:10 PM
This guy just cant get a break, RIP to his Family.

thedfactor
01-25-2009, 05:43 PM
Eddy Curry is having a rough rough rough month. After the accusation he was making moves on his ex-limo driver I was rather harsh on Eddy. But never do I want to see someone lose close ones by murder. Especially hearing your baby daughter was shot multiple times that's horrible for anyone to discover. All the best to Eddy and his family.

hotpotato1092
01-25-2009, 05:55 PM
R.i.p

Zefflin
01-25-2009, 05:58 PM
Jesus, what a grim and woeful scene that must've been.

Trouble87
01-25-2009, 05:59 PM
damn eddy cant get a break... hope he stays strong during all this

GCOOKIE7
That's so ****ed up! I hope him the best. I hope he's strong and doesn't try to kill himself.

Zefflin
He won't. But he'll try regardless.

RapsGuy23
Disgusting...how anyone could harm a child is beyond me. RIP.

A baby shot dead, cot damn...horrific news.

Zefflin
01-25-2009, 06:01 PM
damn eddy cant get a break... hope he stays strong during all this

I hope he's strong and doesn't try to kill himself.

I guess that last comment would work for both.

JordansBulls
01-25-2009, 06:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3859358

This is terrible. Some people are just wicked and cruel in this world.

JIDsanity
01-25-2009, 06:02 PM
I don't know what i would do? That absolutely sucks, sad to see that people like this exist.

JIDsanity
01-25-2009, 06:04 PM
who the F@ck kills a nine month old baby freakin sick people. they should torture this a$$hole chop off each limb at once make him suffer

I know, it makes me wanna beat the **** out the person who did it. R.I.P

HOZ THE KNICK
01-25-2009, 06:13 PM
Rip

More shats!
01-25-2009, 06:14 PM
Rip, is relly sad stuff like this happens in the world.

_Sn1P3r_
01-25-2009, 06:16 PM
RIP. That really sucks. Eddy is going through a lot of things right now.

kswissdaf
01-25-2009, 06:27 PM
nobody i mean nobody deserves this

blackjack_119
01-25-2009, 06:55 PM
Eddy Curry is having a rough rough rough month. After the accusation he was making moves on his ex-limo driver I was rather harsh on Eddy. But never do I want to see someone lose close ones by murder. Especially hearing your baby daughter was shot multiple times that's horrible for anyone to discover. All the best to Eddy and his family.

I don't believe the little girl was Eddy Curry's daughter (not that that makes the story any less tragic) If I am not mistaken, the woman's 3-year-old is Curry's child, but the 9-month-old is not.

Master Mind
01-25-2009, 06:58 PM
:sad2: Words can't explain the grief I feel when things like this happen....

NyYaNkEeS 91
01-25-2009, 07:32 PM
eddy is having a rough week. RIP

jrodmesche
01-25-2009, 07:49 PM
that sucks

Westbrook36
01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
Horrible.

Wow, Just Horrible..

thephoenixson28
01-25-2009, 08:08 PM
What's this world coming to. A 9 month year old baby people are sick these days.

moneygman
01-25-2009, 08:10 PM

I don't think it was his daughter, but it's a horrific tragedy anyway and the person who did this should be caught and sentence to life in jail.

bostncelts34
01-25-2009, 08:52 PM
wow..a 9 month old baby shot to death..just wow.

Sorry eddy

Bleeds Blue
01-25-2009, 09:05 PM
omg, just awful...

cant imagine the place eddy is in right now

kswissdaf
01-25-2009, 09:22 PM
I don't think it was his daughter, but it's a horrific tragedy anyway and the person who did this should be caught and sentence to life in jail.

Bro if i was curry i would hunt down that mother ****er and give him the most painful slow death possible

chisox..YES!
01-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Poor guy. That's disgusting stuff right there.

homestarunner93
01-25-2009, 10:29 PM
The 9 month old isn't his. Its just the mother of his son's daughter. Read the article. Regardless, its terrible.

pippsux
01-25-2009, 10:47 PM
Sad news, let's hope there is no more to the story. I find it curious that all were killed except the son, again I hope there is no more to the story. As a sign of respect I have changed my sig.

JaysAddict43
01-25-2009, 10:56 PM
terrible doesnt even seem right to laugh at the guy no more.

mjt20mik
01-25-2009, 11:00 PM
uh.. that is just disgusting.. how could someone live with themselves after killing a baby..

MilfHunter07
01-25-2009, 11:04 PM
Wow. When you thought things couldn't get worse. :pity:

da wood
01-25-2009, 11:04 PM
what the hell. thats just crazy.

JIDsanity
01-25-2009, 11:06 PM
The person who did this is a representation of the absolute scum of the earth. What type of coward would take advantage of a woman, and a completely innocent and defenseless baby. **** like this really pisses me off.

italianyankees
01-25-2009, 11:09 PM
poor eddy he doesnt deserve any of this. good luck

goku
01-25-2009, 11:11 PM
i feel bad for him

WillisLovechild
01-25-2009, 11:13 PM
I don't believe the little girl was Eddy Curry's daughter (not that that makes the story any less tragic) If I am not mistaken, the woman's 3-year-old is Curry's child, but the 9-month-old is not.

That's what I got out of it, he just had one child with this woman. It's heartbreaking nonetheless and I hope this ******* gets his in the end.

KB24PG16
01-26-2009, 12:03 AM
i cant understand why someone would ever do this

greg_ory_2005
01-26-2009, 12:06 AM
Wow rip.

Iggydelphia
01-26-2009, 12:26 AM
i saw him sitting on the bench in street clothes last night during the sixers game with a miserable look on his face (not from this.. unless he knew something).. hes been through a lot.. nothing worse than this

jackyyy
01-26-2009, 12:39 AM
damm.

thats ****ed up ****.. i feel very bad for him

r.i.p

BluejaysFan08
01-26-2009, 12:31 PM
I didnt mean to write Boy to it was just his mother

The 3-year-old son of ex-Chicago Bull Eddy Curry was covered with blood when he was found near his dead mother -- apparently from trying to get her to wake up.

The boy is believed to be the only survivor of a weekend shooting that killed his mother, Nova Henry, 24, and his 9-month-old sister, Ava.

Police had a man in custody Sunday whom they were planning to question about the murders. He was picked up Sunday at a Comfort Inn in Michigan City, Ind., said a Chicago Police source. The man had a romantic relationship with Nova Henry, the source said.

Investigators also are talking with the toddler to see if he can provide clues about the slayings.

"With such a young child, we are being cautious and sensitive," Chicago Police spokeswoman Monique Bond said in an e-mail Sunday night.

A child psychologist was being used to gently probe the child's memory, said Nova Henry's grandfather, Wardell Luvert.

"Little by little, he's saying things," said Nova Henry's great-aunt Dorothy Luvert.

Police said Curry is in no way implicated, and several relatives of Nova Henry said they suspect a former boyfriend, whom they described as a stalker. Detectives were looking for a "known acquaintance" of Nova Henry, Bond said.

Curry, 26, a center with the New York Knicks, was in Philadelphia with his team Saturday night.

About 6 p.m. Saturday, Nova's mother found her daughter and her granddaughter, Ava, dead of several gunshots in a condo in the first block of West 15th Street, police said.

But the son Nova had with Curry was found unhurt nearby. Curry's attorney, Kelly Saindon, confirmed the 3-year-old boy is Curry's child. The boy's name is Nehemiah, according to Nova's step-uncle Tom Henry.

When Nova's mother found the bodies, "the [3-year-old] baby was sitting on the couch, covered in blood," said her great-aunt Dorothy Luvert. "He was alone. We don't know for how long. All he's doing is crying for his mama. That's what's killing me dead."

The boy "had blood on him [from] trying to get his mama to wake up,'' said Nova's cousin Sharon Luvert.

Several family members said Nova was having problems with an ex-boyfriend.

"He said there was only one way out of this relationship," said a relative who asked not to be identified.

Another relative, Rob Bryant, said Nova had a restraining order against the ex-boyfriend. "She was trying to avoid all this," he said.

Police confirmed Nova had an order of protection and said they planned to question the target of that order. "There was an order of protection," Deputy Police Supt. Steve Peterson said at a Sunday news conference. "Whether it was related to this case or not is yet to be seen."

Dorothy Luvert said the ex-boyfriend did work for Nova as she sought to prove Ava's paternity. Nova filed documents against Eddy Curry last September attempting to establish Ava's parentage, court records show.

The ex-boyfriend has "been a stalker," said Wardell Luvert. "He better turn himself in before I find him."

Tom Henry said his family tried to protect Nova from the ex-boyfriend.

"My family was trying to hide her," Tom Henry said. "This [man] was very unstable, had an anger problem. They were trying to hide her in a lot of places, near South Holland, too.''

"This guy was coming into the neighborhood, making threats, some pretty serious threats, and my brothers were watching over Nova. ... He was dangerous. He sugared her [car's gas] tank. He made life threats."

Saturday was the ex-boyfriend's birthday, another relative said.

Curry and Nova both attended South Holland's Thornwood High School.

Nova received a settlement from Curry last summer, Tom Henry said. Curry obtained a condominium for Nova and was displeased when the other man moved in with her, according to Tom Henry.

"It was a big bust-up," he said. "The first baby was Curry's, and I think the [other man] was trying to get a free ride."

The condo where the bodies were found is not the condo purchased for her by Curry, he said.

There was no forced entry, and investigators are reviewing surveillance tapes, police said.

''She was living with her mom and sister, and I gather that's why her mom found her," Tom Henry said.

He called Nova a "beautiful girl. She tap-danced. She could have been in the movies. She had high hopes."

"She was a good girl, a good mom,'' Sharon Luvert said.

Curry recently has had injuries and legal problems. He was sued by a chauffeur who said Curry owed him money, sexually harassed him and insulted him with racist slurs. Curry and his lawyer denied it and said the man, a convicted felon, tried to get money from Curry's associates.

Curry is in his eighth NBA season and fourth with the Knicks, but he has played in only one game this season because of knee injuries.

In 2007, Curry and fellow NBA star Antoine Walker were duct-taped and robbed by a crew of armed men who scoped out their posh homes --Curry's in Burr Ridge and Walker's in River North. Several men were later charged. The suspects studied their homes beforehand and targeted jewelry and valuables, police said at the time.

Curry is married with four children.

The Knicks issued a statement Sunday on his behalf asking for privacy. ''The Curry family is deeply saddened by this tragic loss and will keep the Henry family in their prayers," the statement said.

http://www.suntimes.com/news/1396544,CST-EDT-MURD25.article

Badluck33
01-26-2009, 12:45 PM
I hate eddy curry but no one deserves this...

praying for his family....