PDA

View Full Version : Oversight...

sp1derm00
01-25-2009, 01:40 AM
I've been thinking that the Cavs are playing SUPER dominant ball, and in a way, they are... their record at 34-8 is tied with the Lakers as the best in the league.

However, can a team be a championship caliber team playing 14-8 on the road?

It makes the Lakers win over the Cavs less significant since they seem to be a totally different team away from their home court. It also makes them less of a threat to the Lakers if the Lakers can hold out and win home court advantage over the Cavs (and make it to the Finals).

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-25-2009, 01:41 AM
They played pretty good after the Lakers loss on the road. They did win 3 straight.

Hawkeye15
01-25-2009, 01:31 PM
I've been thinking that the Cavs are playing SUPER dominant ball, and in a way, they are... their record at 34-8 is tied with the Lakers as the best in the league.

However, can a team be a championship caliber team playing 14-8 on the road?

It makes the Lakers win over the Cavs less significant since they seem to be a totally different team away from their home court. It also makes them less of a threat to the Lakers if the Lakers can hold out and win home court advantage over the Cavs (and make it to the Finals).

I have posted this before, but the way I judge records is, road wins over home losses, margin of victory, and defense

Cavs: 14 more road wins that home losses. +10.7. top defensive team in the NBA arguably

Celtics: 13 more road wins than home losses. +9.1. top 3 defensive team

Magic: 13 more road wins than home losses. +7.8. top 10 defensive team

Lakers: 9 more road wins than home losses. +8.7. top 20 defensive team

It is clear that the Cavs are for real, and have the ability to win it all. In fact, they are dominating more than the other top teams.

IndyRealist
01-25-2009, 01:56 PM
14-8 is on the road is good. If they're going to win 66% of their road games, and virtually all of their home games, no team stands a chance in the playoffs.

JJ81
01-25-2009, 02:29 PM
Lakers are the league's best team