PDA

View Full Version : Mosley TkO's Margarito in 9th round

Dfan25
01-25-2009, 12:44 AM
Shane Mosley (46-5, 39 KOs) is a world champion again as he dominated WBA welterweight world champion Antonio Margarito (37-6, 27 KOs) , earning a stoppage victory in the ninth round before a pro-Margarito crowd at STAPLES Center in Los Angeles, CA. The 20,820 in attendance was the largest crowd to ever see an event at the arena. Mosley began the bout aggressively and won most of the exchanges between the two fighters. Margarito had his moments during the middle rounds, but Mosley consistently landed the harder and more effective combinations. Mosley hurt Margarito, ultimately dropping him at the end of the eighth round. Although Margarito survived the round, Mosley went in for the kill in the ninth round and had Mrrgarito reeling against the ropes until Margarito’s corner threw in the towel, prompting referee Raul Caiz to stop the bout at 43 seconds of the round.

Saw the fight and Shane didn't just beat Margarito he gave him the beating of his life wow.

lakers4sho
01-25-2009, 01:50 AM
Did Margarito even have a gameplan??

Havoc Wreaker
01-25-2009, 02:52 AM
Pwnage!

Best fight I've since that does not include Pacquiao

Morgan
01-25-2009, 06:05 AM
I'm so glad Mosley knocked Margarito's block off man. I don't like Margarito because he's just way too arrogant. He guaranteed a knockout vs. Mosley and Sugar Shane has never even been knocked down in his whole career. Then before the fight he said "I beat Miguel Cotto so that makes me the greatest welterweight in the world." He didn't even look like the 25th greatest welterweight in the world last night. When Paul Williams beat him down too he said "everybody who watched the fight knows I clearly won" when in reality Williams beat him fairly easily. Mosley systematically picked him apart and exposed him to the world plus Mosley's trainer exposed his plaster filled boxing gloves to the world. Now they will check his gloves before every fight and, I bet he turns into an average fighter. What a cheating bastard. How can you have any pride when you were beating people with illegal gloves?

HOZ THE KNICK
01-25-2009, 08:34 AM
shane destroyed him and i enjoyed evey minute of it.

TheRedMarauder
01-25-2009, 09:23 AM
Did Margarito even have a gameplan??

Well, his gameplan is to go straight ahead at an opponent, take many punches and then take over when his opponent tires out and doesn't what else to hit Margarito with. It didn't work for this fight as Mosley had way too much hand speed and was in excellent shape and didn't tire out.

Also, Nazim Richardson had a hell of a gameplan to use his pressure against him.

ebtek1
01-25-2009, 03:37 PM
I'm so glad Mosley knocked Margarito's block off man. I don't like Margarito because he's just way too arrogant. He guaranteed a knockout vs. Mosley and Sugar Shane has never even been knocked down in his whole career. Then before the fight he said "I beat Miguel Cotto so that makes me the greatest welterweight in the world." He didn't even look like the 25th greatest welterweight in the world last night. When Paul Williams beat him down too he said "everybody who watched the fight knows I clearly won" when in reality Williams beat him fairly easily. Mosley systematically picked him apart and exposed him to the world plus Mosley's trainer exposed his plaster filled boxing gloves to the world. Now they will check his gloves before every fight and, I bet he turns into an average fighter. What a cheating bastard. How can you have any pride when you were beating people with illegal gloves?

mosley was knocked down once against forest but i get wat ur saying.. the only reason i wanted maragarito to win was to set up the cotto rematch and like jim lampley suggested, did he have the illegal substance against cotto??

Morgan
01-25-2009, 05:16 PM
mosley was knocked down once against forest but i get wat ur saying.. the only reason i wanted maragarito to win was to set up the cotto rematch and like jim lampley suggested, did he have the illegal substance against cotto??

My bad. I completely forgot about Forrest knocking him down. As for Margarito with the plaster in his glove, he could have been doing it his whole career. We'll find out soon enough because they are obviously going to check his gloves before every fight and if he starts losing then we will know for sure.

Lakersfan2483
01-26-2009, 03:47 AM
This was a great fight to watch and definitely Mosley's best fight in years.......

TheRedMarauder
01-26-2009, 09:20 AM

I think the Cotto vs. Margarito rematch was already a done deal, regardless of the outcome of this match.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-26-2009, 09:32 PM
Mosley vs Cotto

lakers4sho
01-26-2009, 09:59 PM
meh Cotto will win that one again

2009mvp
01-27-2009, 03:02 PM
Well, his gameplan is to go straight ahead at an opponent, take many punches and then take over when his opponent tires out and doesn't what else to hit Margarito with. It didn't work for this fight as Mosley had way too much hand speed and was in excellent shape and didn't tire out.

Also, Nazim Richardson had a hell of a gameplan to use his pressure against him.

Such an underrated factor. Mosley fought the best fight I've seen him fight in years. I haven't seen Mosley throw the body shot as consistently as he did Saturday in a long time. He jabbed well, he moved well, he pressed Margarito (who really, really struggles when he's gotta move backwards) and he managed to put together an excellent fight overall, something he hasn't done since probably the De La Hoya fight. It's not all on Richardson, but whatever he did in camp made Sugar look like the guy who ran roughshod in the lightweight division all those years ago.

Rocco007
02-14-2009, 01:13 AM
What a clutch classic performance. by Mosley..He needed this kind of win in this kind of fight..Solidifies him as a Hall of Famer and one of the best ever IMO...

Jimi032890
02-17-2009, 02:50 PM
i thought margarito would at least hold his for the majority of the fight