PDA

View Full Version : OFF Coordinator

lebert32
01-24-2009, 06:34 PM
BB is AMAZING, and we all know that. What he has done with coord leaving before speaks for itself. But with some great coaches still on the market, why not see if they would come for a year or two.

Mike Shanahan, Herm Edwards. Its obvious they are head coaches but the only real spot left is OAK.

IMAGINE!

The Intimidator
01-24-2009, 07:24 PM
BB is AMAZING, and we all know that. What he has done with coord leaving before speaks for itself. But with some great coaches still on the market, why not see if they would come for a year or two.

Mike Shanahan, Herm Edwards. Its obvious they are head coaches but the only real spot left is OAK.

IMAGINE!

I wouldn't touch Herm Edwards with a 10 foot pole, even in a smaller role. I would love to see Shanahan brought in, but he won't settle for any role lesser than head coach, especially if the Chiefs are interested. This is probably all moot though, as it appears that Bill O'Brien will be calling plays next season.

lebert32
01-24-2009, 07:32 PM
well our boy adam schefter is reporting the chiefs arnt in any talks with shanny. Why the hate on for edwards?

in either case the is alot of spots open. and i wouldnt have a problem with gruden running the D ahahah
CHUCKY!
seriously wouldnt that be funny with the complete different coaching styles amongst gruden and bb

The Intimidator
01-24-2009, 07:37 PM
well our boy adam schefter is reporting the chiefs arnt in any talks with shanny. Why the hate on for edwards?

in either case the is alot of spots open. and i wouldnt have a problem with gruden running the D ahahah
CHUCKY!
seriously wouldnt that be funny with the complete different coaching styles amongst gruden and bb

You're missing the point. The Patriots prefer to fill these holes with people who know the system, which is why the apparent choice of O'Brien makes a lot of sense. It's the same thing that we did with McDaniels back in 2005.

lebert32
01-24-2009, 07:44 PM
the pats fill spots with what they have avail. I would agree they like to keep things internally, but there are qualified people avail. and sorry i wouldnt put herm at OFF, rather move pees and get herm on that D(thats what i would do in maddden =) )
and mcdaniels is a smart individual and proved it.

i hope your not a cassel fan!

The Intimidator
01-24-2009, 08:11 PM
i hope your not a cassel fan!

I am a Cassel fan. What's your point?

poppa12645
01-24-2009, 08:22 PM
I am a Cassel fan too!

lebert32
01-25-2009, 02:33 AM
cassel had the leagues worst QB rating when passing the ball +20

anyone can toss the ball to welker and let him run a screen pass! heck even moss was taking them to the house off screen passes!

terrible

trade him to some dumb team willing to trade a first and get that arm of kevin oconnell in action as back up

The Intimidator
01-25-2009, 03:17 AM
First of all, I am making the assumption, possibly naively, that Brady will be back next season. This would eliminate the need for Cassel's services, and the Pats will most likely trade him this offseason. If the Pats went into next season with Cassel as the starting QB, however, who cares how he gets his yards? He threw for almost 4,000 yards after a slow start. He may not throw a great deep ball, but he was still incredibly successful in moving the team down the field.

DaaBoTownSox
01-25-2009, 03:21 AM
It's in the pats best interest to keep Cassel for atleast 1 more year.

lebert32
01-25-2009, 03:31 PM
haha, you guys are funny

if you keep cassel, then you trade moss. why have the deep threat if you dont use it. not that i would trade moss, but if you watch the news, brady will be fine! what is peoples problem that he wont be back. Running back return from this surgery so will brady, its not like hes a scrambling qb. thought this board would be fun to post on but obviously intemidator you dont watch the pats every week, you just look at stats.
gl hf

Wake's Fastball
01-25-2009, 03:39 PM
Anyone else want to hop on the "Troy Brown for OC '09" bandwagon?

redsox1520
01-25-2009, 04:00 PM
What about Gruden?
I know we like to promote through the system, but we don't have any good and ready personnel.
Gruden will probably not get a job, unless it is with the chiefs. He would want to win another super bowl also.
I think it makes sense for both teams

The Intimidator
01-25-2009, 06:38 PM
What about Gruden?
I know we like to promote through the system, but we don't have any good and ready personnel.
Gruden will probably not get a job, unless it is with the chiefs. He would want to win another super bowl also.
I think it makes sense for both teams

What did the Bucs do offensively during Gruden's tenure that would justify hiring him as our Offensive Coordinator?

lebert32
01-25-2009, 08:22 PM
wow your dumb The Intimidator!
1998-2001 oak raiders coach, 98- 18th, 99 oak was 5th in overall off with (3rd rushing, 11 passing ) 2000 6th total offense 2001 7th

2002-2008 goes to a complete D team and puts these numbers up. 2002 first year was 24th and his following year got them to 10th overall OFF. 04 to 06 was terrible because they were using griese, chris simms and Bruce Gradkowski!!!!!!!!!! finally they got garcia in 07 who finished 7th amongst QBS that year. suck it

you know nothing about football, you are either asking the wrong question or ASSUMING way too much.

troy brown oc! haha wouldnt that be something... but i would be cool with it.
just let brady run the off, let him call all the plays

The Intimidator
01-25-2009, 08:44 PM
1998-2001 oak raiders coach, 98- 18th, 99 oak was 5th in overall off with (3rd rushing, 11 passing ) 2000 6th total offense 2001 7th

2002-2008 goes to a complete D team and puts these numbers up. 2002 first year was 24th and his following year got them to 10th overall OFF. 04 to 06 was terrible because they were using griese, chris simms and Bruce Gradkowski!!!!!!!!!! finally they got garcia in 07 who finished 7th amongst QBS that year. suck it

you know nothing about football, you are either asking the wrong question or ASSUMING way too much.

First of all, I mentioned nothing about his time in Oakland. Second of all, you mentioned only 2 seasons where the Bucs were relevant offensively. So, you're argument really holds no water here. Please, do not tell me to "suck it" and don't tell me that I know nothing about football. Am I an expert? No. But ask the other Patriots fans in this forum and I'm sure they'll have positive things to say about me.

Wake's Fastball
01-25-2009, 08:53 PM

Gruden also just got fired largely because he had zero support from his players in Tampa Bay. There's no reason to bring a guy like that on board.

poppa12645
01-26-2009, 12:09 AM
from my short time here i know that the Intimidator is probably one of the most knowledgeable members of the site

as for bringing chucky to our program I say no way, I like the way BB promotes from within.