PDA

View Full Version : Stoudemire on the Block

topdog
01-24-2009, 01:19 PM
SI.com says the Suns are considering swapping Stoudemire (not that i'm surprised). As an Amare fan, I think it would be awesome to get him... BUT it's probably not realistic for the wolves to go after him since we have Big Al (untradeable, dummies! XD) but we do have a lot of draft picks, Miller, and expiring contracts... only Amare wants to be the guy and here he would have to be ONE of the guyS.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/nba?eref=fromSI

Skylander14
01-24-2009, 01:34 PM
yea wouldn't work and Basketball is too full of selfish me first players, and his contract comes up in 2010 so wouldnt be worth a trade

howiend
01-24-2009, 01:41 PM
I like amare a lot as a basketball player but I honestly don't think I would trade al jeff for him (say that their contracts were the same) based on attitude, defensive intensity, desire to be on a winning TEAM - I think the thing about al is that he is willing to do the hard work inside - sometimes big guys like amare fall in love with jump shots. al really has slick inside moves with his back to the basket and will only get better.

WSU Tony
01-24-2009, 02:03 PM
We don't need a guy like Amare, we need more young talent at a position of need. It would be fun to watch, don't get me wrong, but I'm not willing to give up young guys or picks for a 1 year rental.

Mike88
01-24-2009, 02:16 PM
just like Skylander said, even if we did trade for him he would most likely be gone in 2010...and lets face it, we are not going to trade for him. What do the Wolves even have besides Big Al that the Suns would be interested in. I really just think the Suns are putting him out there to see what the interest level is around the league. Cause they might be thinking they don't want him to just walk in 2010, so what can they get for him...if that makes sense.

topdog
01-24-2009, 05:05 PM
Obviously, this more of a "just for fun" thread, but if you check out ESPN's "Trade Machine," there are several scenarios that work (without including Jefferson or Foye).

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

The one I tried was Collins' expiring contract and Mike Miller (Phoenix could use a shooter again), plus you could add a pick or two.

Would Phoenix go for it? Depends on whether or not that feel Amare is a distraction (like Marion) and if they want to risk trading him next yr or losing him without compensation.

Why would MN do it? Big Al and Amare would be an amazing power duo alongside Foye and, at the very least, the wolves could attract more fans for a yr and a half and then be active in 2010 free agency and keep a couple picks.

Hawkeye15
01-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I would not be willing to give up Al for him, and we have nothing else to offer. He doesn't play defense, he needs a point guard, and he gets paid superstar money. No thanks

thesparky33
01-24-2009, 05:12 PM
I really dont want Amare here. He's a good scorer, but he's even worse than Jefferson on defense.

If Phoenix would trade him to us I'd assume they'd want us to include Miller and Love most likely which I dont know if I'd do or not. Possibly, but I dont see Phoenix giving Amare up for anything less than Jefferson from us, unless we gave them 1st rounders, Foye, etc.

topdog
01-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Right now, Phoenix is in the lottery and they seem to be set on keeping O'neal, Nash, and Hill. Perhaps they would go for Love, Miller, Collins (contract), McCants (contract), and a 1st rounder or two, in exchange for Amare and Barbosa?

Amare can be pushed to play D just as Big Al has, plus the wolves could bury the competition offensively anyway.
Any takers?

WSU Tony
01-24-2009, 05:28 PM
Miller (1 year) + Love > Amare (1 year)

Stand pat.

Hawkeye15
01-24-2009, 06:17 PM
I am not willing to move Love in a deal for him. Jefferson, Foye, and Love are untouchable regarding Amare. Hell, Love is already a better rebounder, passer and defender.

IowaAJ
01-24-2009, 06:27 PM
Wasn't there a rumor that we tried to trade KG for AMARE but they offered Marion instead of AMARE.

Luv Da New Pack
01-24-2009, 06:56 PM
Wasn't there a rumor that we tried to trade KG for AMARE but they offered Marion instead of AMARE.

If I remember correctly that was the case and they said no. Based on the decisions they've made since I bet they feel foolish. I feel as astounded with their moves as I've been with the Wolves (break up a great team who narrowly missed a chance at the Finals and they look as close to winning as Dallas does....maybe).

Oefarmy2005
01-25-2009, 05:08 AM
I don't want Amare, but I would seriously go after Barbosa if they are really willing to part ways with him. I am just very happy that we got Al, Gomes and Telfair and a couple of picks instead of Amare straight up for KG. I wanted Amare back then, and was astounded that they declined a straight up trade. KG and Stoudomire is still not even close, and they didn't want to do it for a year younger KG.

Sport
01-25-2009, 07:10 AM
Amare would be fun to watch, but makes no sense in a team/business stand point. I really dont think he would make us better, either.

Rumeye
01-25-2009, 07:26 AM
If we were a contender I would consider it. As of right now, he wouldn't put us over the hump, as we have many holes to fill. So it would just be a waste of our resources we should be using to rebuild.

If we were an Amare away from contending it would be a good idea. But in our situation, this makes no sense.

basketball3553
01-25-2009, 12:02 PM
I would like to see him come here, but not bad enough to give up young guys or picks. I'm not sure how his contract would fit with what we're trying to do for 2010. If we want him that bad, we could wait till he's a free agent in 2010.

Luv Da New Pack
01-25-2009, 03:10 PM
At first I thought about this:
He would be an asset as a shot blocking Center who can rebound and score. He's a good weak side supporter.

...but....

He DOES want to be "the guy". I also don't believe he's as great as people imagine him and NEEDS a good/great point to get him the lobs and driving dunks. He's starting to remind me of a slightly better K-Mart. When he was putting numbers up with NJ, Denver came up with all the funds but he isn't the same without that point. Sure, they can score but the thing that really comes to mind is dominance and highlights which mainly came from Nash and Kidd. He's not a great one-on-one defender but remember....defense wasn't an issue for the team when they were runnin'.

One thing I think could work is Foye and Bassy CAN use the pick-n-roll which can benefit Amare but we need players who are coming in to be a part of the TEAM.