PDA

View Full Version : Payton Endorses Jefferson For All-Star Game

Luv Da New Pack
01-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Yes, Payton told a national TV audience Thursday night that Duncan didn't deserve to start the All-Star Game, and that Minnesota's Al Jefferson did. Duncan swears he didn't see that particular comment, and besides, Duncan said, "I don't make statements to Gary Payton.

http://blogs.mysanantonio.com/weblogs/courtside/2009/01/gary-payton-has.html

He actually endorsed him OVER Duncan.

thesparky33
01-24-2009, 01:06 PM
No way does Al deserve to start over anyone in the West this year. I'm actually sad that his chances of even making it are slim to none it seems, because he deserves it no doubt, but he doesnt deserve a spot over Duncan... not at all.

Payton must be just trying to create some type of controversy.

Oefarmy2005
01-25-2009, 05:14 AM
No way does Al deserve to start over anyone in the West this year. I'm actually sad that his chances of even making it are slim to none it seems, because he deserves it no doubt, but he doesnt deserve a spot over Duncan... not at all.

Payton must be just trying to create some type of controversy.

Not true. He could definetely start in place of Amare. I personally think that Amare starting at SF is a complete joke, or him starting in general is a joke. I don't think he would even make my list of west reserves.

Sport
01-25-2009, 07:07 AM
Not true. He could definetely start in place of Amare. I personally think that Amare starting at SF is a complete joke, or him starting in general is a joke. I don't think he would even make my list of west reserves.

We can agree on that. I personally dont care, as I hate all-star games/pro bowls.

But for Jefferson, Im sure it means something. He will get his chance.

Luv Da New Pack
01-25-2009, 02:47 PM
We can agree on that. I personally dont care, as I hate all-star games/pro bowls.

WHYYYY???? The only thing I hate about them is I remember they have to go back to their regular teams after.:)

WSU Tony
01-25-2009, 03:54 PM
WHYYYY???? The only thing I hate about them is I remember they have to go back to their regular teams after.:)

They don't even play hard. Pro Bowls are known for ***** hits and such. Does anyone defend in an all star game? It's horrible entertainment imo.

Preuss-is-right
01-26-2009, 02:33 AM
I wish they'd bring back the legends game. I'd love to see McHale vs. Parish. HA :)