PDA

View Full Version : Gerald Henderson growing up right before our eyes

arlubas
01-24-2009, 10:24 AM
Anyone else notice how great this dukie is playing this season? He seems like a way more complete and comfortable player and Duke is benefiting from that as much as possible. If he keeps this pace up he's gonna be a lottery pick come June time.

SidTheKid
01-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Anyone else notice how great this dukie is playing this season? He seems like a way more complete and comfortable player and Duke is benefiting from that as much as possible. If he keeps this pace up he's gonna be a lottery pick come June time.

It's amazing how much he's come along it was almost frustrating the first two years when he had so much potential but was still on the brink of being a great player. He's develop that mid range jump shot very well and always has been the most athletic on the court making him a potential great player in the NBA.

arlubas
01-24-2009, 11:06 AM
It's amazing how much he's come along it was almost frustrating the first two years when he had so much potential but was still on the brink of being a great player. He's develop that mid range jump shot very well and always has been the most athletic on the court making him a potential great player in the NBA.

Exactly. He was an athletic beast all along but now he's starting to get the b-ball IQ to match that athletic ability and once he gets what the game is all about he should turn into a deadly scorer for the next level as well.

SidTheKid
01-24-2009, 11:12 AM
Exactly. He was an athletic beast all along but now he's starting to get the b-ball IQ to match that athletic ability and once he gets what the game is all about he should turn into a deadly scorer for the next level as well.

And to me it looks like he is really enjoying the game more. His first two years he seemed very up tight but I think he has settled in and has found his role on the team.

Sabres39
01-24-2009, 12:43 PM
I think the fact that he is finally fully healthy also has something to do with it. Before he was dealing with a number of injuries.

But I remember a few years ago, Coach K saying that out of anyone in the current group, Gerald has the best chance to be special. Looks like he is finally realizing his potential, which is great news for Duke, and bad news for the rest of the NCAA.

Wake's Fastball
01-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Not completely sold on him as an NBA prospect yet, but he's a freak athlete, and he's rapidly becoming one of college basketball's better players.

SidTheKid
01-24-2009, 01:49 PM
Not completely sold on him as an NBA prospect yet, but he's a freak athlete, and he's rapidly becoming one of college basketball's better players.

Yeah his shot isn't exactly NBA ready but I think he's very close to developing a consistent long and mid range jumper.

Wake's Fastball
01-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Yeah his shot isn't exactly NBA ready but I think he's very close to developing a consistent long and mid range jumper.

Could definately put him over the edge. He's brilliant in college largely because he's a terrific athlete, and once he starts going against guys in the NBA that can keep up with him, he'll need to define his basketball skills alot more. We've seen them come along a ton the past couple years, and especially this season. Here's to hoping he's doing the same in the NBA in a few years.

arlubas
01-24-2009, 03:06 PM
Could definately put him over the edge. He's brilliant in college largely because he's a terrific athlete, and once he starts going against guys in the NBA that can keep up with him, he'll need to define his basketball skills alot more. We've seen them come along a ton the past couple years, and especially this season. Here's to hoping he's doing the same in the NBA in a few years.
You're definitely right on that. Guys who thrive in the college level basing their game mainly on athleticism go in the NBA and see the athletic 7 footers or the wing guys that can jump through the roof and suddenly they look like the odd men out of such a group. Of course there are also the cases when a player bases his game on athleticism in college but when he goes to the NBA he shows more of his all around game.

sdweston757
01-24-2009, 06:12 PM
I would let henderson dunk on me anytime

SidTheKid
01-25-2009, 01:26 AM
I would let henderson dunk on me anytime

:laugh2: