PDA

View Full Version : LeBron/Shaq/Melo/Durant... and Eric Gordon

Chronz
01-24-2009, 02:41 AM
Since 1986, the only 20 year olds to score over 40 PTS in a game. Is EG the superstar the Clippers have been needing all these years?

Shot Chart:
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/shotchart?gameId=290123012

GoatMilk
01-24-2009, 02:45 AM
EG is legit.
We all knew he could shoot the ball, but he's also a SCORER too on top of being a pure scorer.
His knock was defense, but he's really worked on it and still has room for improvement. I love this dude. Great for the Clips to have seemingly found a future all-star wing scorer

lakers4sho
01-24-2009, 02:45 AM
That kid is going to be good. A lot of playing time should help him mature and develop.

lakers4sho
01-24-2009, 02:47 AM
Durant though: 46 points, 15 rebounds.

Who was guarding him? Thornton?

Duncan = Donkey
01-24-2009, 02:48 AM
i dont think he will ever become a flat out superstar if thats what your asking.he will become an all star though IMO.

ARMIN12NBA
01-24-2009, 02:48 AM
But, but, but, it was against the Thunder!

Just kidding. That was the same thing I was hearing about Bynum when he scored 40+ points recently. Anyways, Gordan is very good and he had a great night. He has really been impressive as of late and I hope he keeps it up. He has a legitimate shot at ROY if he keeps up his 20 PPG scoring that he has had for this past couple weeks. I'm not sure about superstar, but he will definitely be a very good player in this league.

MrBloop
01-24-2009, 03:06 AM
Since 1986, the only 20 year olds to score over 40 PTS in a game. Is EG the superstar the Clippers have been needing all these years?

Shot Chart:

He dropped 40 on one of the worst defensive teams in the league, in a game when another guy on his team dropped 30, and guy on the opposing team dropped 46...good for Gordon, but lets not get too gassed here.

This game was a shoot out and Gordon got the ball everytime down the court...good for him tho, he's gonna be a nice player.

KB24PG16
01-24-2009, 03:07 AM
not a star but a good game though

harlequin018
01-24-2009, 03:14 AM
I think the bigger news is Durant. Remember his struggles of last year? It seems like a faint memory ... he's becoming impossible to defend. He's already a better shooter than LeBron, can you imagine what he will be like in 4 years (when he will be the same age as LeBron now). He's got a ways to go of course, but if he lives up to his potential Durant could be the greatest player of our generation.

ARMIN12NBA
01-24-2009, 03:17 AM
I think the bigger news is Durant. Remember his struggles of last year? It seems like a faint memory ... he's becoming impossible to defend. He's already a better shooter than LeBron, can you imagine what he will be like in 4 years (when he will be the same age as LeBron now). He's got a ways to go of course, but if he lives up to his potential Durant could be the greatest player of our generation.

I think that is a little much, but Durant has been amazing as of late. He hasn't been garnering a lot of attention though.

Chronz
He dropped 40 on one of the worst defensive teams in the league, in a game when another guy on his team dropped 30, and guy on the opposing team dropped 46...good for Gordon, but lets not get too gassed here.

This game was a shoot out and Gordon got the ball everytime down the court...good for him tho, he's gonna be a nice player.

Dont see too many rookies dropping 40 much less 20 year olds. Only 1 other player has scored 40 on the Thunder this year and it was Dirk. But yea its just one game, his overall job on the season isnt at a truly respectable level yet.

Duncan = Donkey
no kobe on that list..............

Chronz
01-24-2009, 03:19 AM

Yea it was unreal how easy he made tearing us up look

KeithLBC
01-24-2009, 03:22 AM

and your point is :confused:

GoatMilk
01-24-2009, 03:26 AM

Kobe didnt play the same minutes as Shaq, Durant, Melo, LeBron, Eric Gordon have his rookie year.
I know you hate Kobe, but be fair

Chronz
01-24-2009, 03:28 AM

Kobe and Bynum pretty much own the highest Laker scoring games for 20 year olds. The most Kobe ever got was 38 but his game was more of a true arrival to greatness than EG's for sure, it was a legendary game IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG89T57ZBBc&feature=related
Kobe put on a show against Penny and saved Shaq against his former team, Kobe skill level was more impressive but EG aint too far off for a 20 year old.

As a 19 year old he established a then career best 33 in a game vs MJ. And in terms of their overall level of play for a season well no one matches Kobe at that age.

IRUAM #21
01-24-2009, 04:34 AM
Eric Gordon is a stud.

LAKERS 24/7
01-24-2009, 05:08 AM
Kobe and Bynum pretty much own the highest Laker scoring games for 20 year olds. The most Kobe ever got was 38 but his game was more of a true arrival to greatness than EG's for sure, it was a legendary game IMO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jG89T57ZBBc&feature=related
Kobe put on a show against Penny and saved Shaq against his former team, Kobe skill level was more impressive but EG aint too far off for a 20 year old.

As a 19 year old he established a then career best 33 in a game vs MJ. And in terms of their overall level of play for a season well no one matches Kobe at that age.

Thanks for bringing that up. It's been so long I had forgotten. Can you imagine a 19 year old doing that against grown men? Simply amazing.

LakerzDQ
01-24-2009, 07:48 AM
great job by both Durant and Gordon.

Eric Gordon has been good for the clippers recently.

and by the way, not every single thread has to be about Kobe Bryant... this is about eric gordon

arlubas
01-24-2009, 08:21 AM
Durant had a rookie season like the sophomore one melo did. That meaning that he did score but he did so with terrible shot selection and a questionable vision for the court and the game in general. Glad to see he managed to get out of that logic like Melo did and that shows this year through his consistency and better percentages. KD was talented as hell, it's nice to see him taking advantage of that talent to its fullest.

As for Eric I have to say I love the kid's game. I knew he was a great wing player ever since HS when he was dominating everyone and then on his terrific freshman season in Indiana but I have to admit I wasn't expecting this quick of an emergence from him. The kid is a bonafide future star and is already one of the clips' best players as a rookie.

LakerzDQ
01-24-2009, 09:40 AM
Kevin Durant's field goal percentage shot up like crazy. from 43% FG to 47%, and 29% 3P% to 43%.

and Eric Gordon's been averaging 22.5 points in the month of january. much better than I expected.

JordansBulls
01-24-2009, 09:45 AM

Shot Chart:

Eric Gordon did. I still dislike after he burned Illinois in the recruiting after committing.

DitchDat
01-24-2009, 01:01 PM
Eric Gordon is a beast

innovator
01-24-2009, 01:07 PM
best case scenario for gordon 25 ppg, 5 apg, 5 rpg

arlubas
01-24-2009, 03:16 PM
best case scenario for gordon 25 ppg, 5 apg, 5 rpg
That's a pretty good scenario if I may say so.

Either way Eric seems to be going the right way and is about to become a pretty good wing player for years to come.

NyYaNkEeS 91
01-24-2009, 03:20 PM
Gordon will be one of the elite players in this league soon enough

_Sn1P3r_
01-24-2009, 04:46 PM
Gordon will be a solid player.

PS - That is some showdown between Durant and Gordon

ElMarroAfamado
01-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Kobe didnt play the same minutes as Shaq, Durant, Melo, LeBron, Eric Gordon have his rookie year.

since you bring this into the equation...
how about we talk about this. ....
had eric gordon been getting the minutes since the beggining (like rose and oj mayo)
he would most certainly be on top of everyones List
even if the Clippers do suck
rose and the bulls suck
mayo and the grizzlies suck

BTownTeamsRKing
01-24-2009, 08:18 PM
at least passing on him and taking galinari was smart

superkegger
01-24-2009, 08:43 PM
that certainly is some good company to be in for eric gordon. I don't know what kind of player he'll end up being, but I personally don't see him being much more than oddly enough, another gordon, ben gordon.

theimortalone
01-24-2009, 10:24 PM
Eric Gordan has a bright future in front of him.

THE MTL
01-25-2009, 01:56 PM

Whoa Eric Gordon doesnt play that much. Look up his mpg.

THE MTL
01-25-2009, 01:57 PM
Eric Gordon is the real deal. He can shoot, penetrate, and he is fast as hell. His wingspan his huge which means he has great defensive potential. I wanted him in the draft.