http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3855917

so hes gone... whos next?

GO YANKS
01-23-2009, 06:46 PM
YEAH BOY THE ****** iS GONE!!!!!!!!!

I say cowher or the tampa guy.

redross006
01-23-2009, 06:46 PM
espn is reporting that a deal is near complete for the chiefs to land Mike Shanahan!!!

sportpro70
01-23-2009, 06:53 PM
espn is reporting that a deal is near complete for the chiefs to land Mike Shanahan!!!

Wow, thats great news for you guys. I bet the Chiefs pick Sanchez or Stafford, whichever is available.. Shanahan is great at coaching young QB's.

GO YANKS
01-23-2009, 06:58 PM
r u serios about shannahan i thought he wanted to be the gm too. What about Pioli?

noturnormalhero
01-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Not gonna lie, i'm not even 60% happy with Shannahan. For a team trying to "rebuild" and go in a different direction, is this really the guy for the job? I dunno. It just doesn't sit well with me. :(

GO YANKS
01-23-2009, 07:08 PM
thats why i wanted spags!!! ^

runningcircles
01-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Shanahan is an EXCELLENT choice for head coach. It was always his GM duties that seemed to come up short. With Pioli and Shanahan working TOGETHER, the Chiefs will be back near the top of the NFL very soon.

redross006
01-23-2009, 07:25 PM
Not gonna lie, i'm not even 60% happy with Shannahan. For a team trying to "rebuild" and go in a different direction, is this really the guy for the job? I dunno. It just doesn't sit well with me. :(

Are you serious? He's better than Herm and anyone else available. With his run blocking scheme and the work he did with Cutler...I'll take him. A definate Shannahan this year is better than a maybe on Cowher next year.

Ryan328
01-23-2009, 07:33 PM
KC Chiefs fans, if Shannahan is indeed hired, does he stick with QB Tyler Thigpen in 09 or draft a Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez?

redross006
01-23-2009, 07:39 PM
KC Chiefs fans, if Shannahan is indeed hired, does he stick with QB Tyler Thigpen in 09 or draft a Matt Stafford or Mark Sanchez?

I would give thigpen the chance to start but bring in a vet qb to challange him... Stafford won't be there when we pick and Sanchez only started for one year and has'nt proven that he is worth the #3 pick.

Kcfanbaby212*
01-23-2009, 07:54 PM
If shanny is hired, it will be great for KC. In denver he was the GM/HC....so he had more on his plate. In KC, hes got a proven GM, and will just focus on the coaching....you know back like the Elway days.

ldslngr10x
01-23-2009, 09:49 PM
Not sure if I like the idea of Shanahan......He has won 2 superbowls and had alot of competative teams in the past.....Im sure the chiefs management will work something out....glad to see they made a decision!

Gigantes4Life
01-23-2009, 10:20 PM
Wow, if we got Shanahan I might soil myself.

Losing has been so much fun this year!

mdlr52192
01-23-2009, 11:40 PM
Wow, thats great news for you guys. I bet the Chiefs pick Sanchez or Stafford, whichever is available.. Shanahan is great at coaching young QB's.

I agree about Shanahan, but I think that if he can do that, then why not with Thigpen. He has a lot of potential. Give him a 2-4 years and he will be a franchise QB.

EaglesRuleWorld
01-24-2009, 12:12 AM
Adam Schefter from NFL.com says that there is no chance of the Chiefs getting Shanahan, so we'll have to see if he is right or wrong.

Gigantes4Life
01-24-2009, 01:42 AM
Hopefully he's wrong. I'd be fine with Haley too though.

Gould82
01-24-2009, 02:03 AM
Shanahan with the chiefs would be scary. Picture what he did with brocnos running backs and then imagine him working with larry johnson, kolby smith, jamaal charles. I don't see pioli hiring him though. If piolo is like his father-in-law he will want to bring in guys that he knows and has worked with.

Duffman
01-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Pioli isn't a "proven" GM.

GO YANKS
01-24-2009, 05:17 PM
i totally agree he isnt but shanahan would be so nice same with cower or the tampa guy.

a veteran coach is what the cheifs need.

COWHER FOR NEXT SEASON BABY!!

Kcfanbaby212*
01-24-2009, 09:27 PM
seems as if its true...O well. Im pulling for haley now.

Gigantes4Life
01-24-2009, 11:46 PM
I still think Pioli would really like Shanahan, I don't see why we wouldn't want him anyways.

Hopefully time make this right.

Thearchitect33
01-27-2009, 03:04 AM
I would really hate to see Shanahan in KC. The guy makes horrible personnel decisions, and even with Pioli at best you've got a coach and GM that don't agree. His running schemes were great, but he also had a lot of talent on the offensive lines while he was in Denver. The other thing that i'm not too fond of with Shanny is the fact that he was constantly bringing in overpriced washed up veterans instead of developing young talent. We tried that with Vermeil and it didn't work so well in the long run.

Duffman
01-27-2009, 01:01 PM
Shanahan is one of the best coaches in the game... hes a terrible GM. He wouldn't do both here like he was in Denver.

Rebel
01-30-2009, 12:13 PM
I am putting my money on Pioli picking the right coach. I think he will pick Haley. Its too bad that he didn't get his first or second choice though

Duffman
01-30-2009, 03:37 PM
I am putting my money on Pioli picking the right coach. I think he will pick Haley. Its too bad that he didn't get his first or second choice though

You have no idea who any candidate on his list is, not to mention his first or second choice.

Rebel
02-01-2009, 02:23 PM
Well your right about that one Duff. I do not know who his first second or third choice is or if he will pick Haley. But I do pay attention and its my believe haley was not his top pick. If he doesn't pick Haley I will be suprised.

As for your response I just have to ask do you have a feather up your aXX

jnb58
02-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Well your right about that one Duff. I do not know who his first second or third choice is or if he will pick Haley. But I do pay attention and its my believe haley was not his top pick. If he doesn't pick Haley I will be suprised.

As for your response I just have to ask do you have a feather up your aXX

Everyone is wrong but him. :rolleyes: He seems like a very angry little boy.

I would love to see Shanahan, Gruden or Schottenheimer. Most of all Cowher but I don't see him coming back.

ldslngr10x
02-02-2009, 03:19 PM
After reading some of the comments that Haley has put out in regards to the Chiefs HC job, he seems like a pompous *** to me.....go ahead and go to the pro bowl......I say take a good look at Russ Grimm!

Duffman
02-02-2009, 03:30 PM
I would probably shoot myself if Grimm was the HC. The reason why hes had so many HC interviews is because hes black and he was on a SB winning team at the time. There is a reason why he was passed over by all those teams. Hiring him as HC is basically the same as hiring Mike Solari as HC.

Rebel
02-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Dude your saying that he is only getting interviewed becuase the color of his skin . I think that just shows a lack of class.

Duffman
02-02-2009, 09:00 PM
Why hasn't he been hired by anyone after all of his interviews? Why is he often the first and/or only black guy interviewed? You really don't know much about the NFL do you?

Nvchiefsfan
02-03-2009, 11:41 PM
Russ Grimm is white. He always creates one hell of a line though

Duffman
02-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Russ Grimm is white. He always creates one hell of a line though

LOL thats funny, I was looking at a picture of him and he looked black... looked again closer and hes definitatly white. That still doesn't change my opinion of him though, hes just like Mike Solari and there is a reason hes always passed on.

fightwookies
02-04-2009, 05:05 PM
if haley does come here, i hope that russ grimm comes with him. people forget that shanahan's o-line coach alex gibbs was the force behind those lines in denver with his zone blocking scheme. shanahan got cocky and traded portis, then gibbs went to atlanta, where they led the nfl in rushing for three years and denver never had a good running back again.

Duffman
02-04-2009, 05:12 PM
if haley does come here, i hope that russ grimm comes with him. people forget that shanahan's o-line coach alex gibbs was the force behind those lines in denver with his zone blocking scheme. shanahan got cocky and traded portis, then gibbs went to atlanta, where they led the nfl in rushing for three years and denver never had a good running back again.

Grimm isn't going to leave his buddy Whisenhunt for Haley. Also I don't think he can anyways unless Arizona just lets him go since I don't think we can give him a higher position than assistant HC. And if your talking about OC, I will pass on another Mike Solari.