PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Hansbrough NBA future

hotpotato1092
01-23-2009, 05:40 PM
I know Tyler Hansbrough won't be a star in the NBA but I wanted to see what you all thought of him. I think he's gonna be like David Lee, not the most physically talented player in the league but he gives 100% effort every night and the fans love him for that. He'll give you 10-12 points and 5-7 rebounds each night. How do you all think he's gonna do and where do you think he'd be a good fit?

LA_Raiders
01-23-2009, 05:41 PM
He will be another Kevin Love type player....

Faneik
01-23-2009, 05:53 PM

I think Love will develop in a better player than Tyler.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2009, 05:54 PM
He will not be a Kevin Love. He will be a mark Madsen type. He is too small, and not an athlete, and posesses none of Love's basketball IQ. He will be a 9-10 player on an NBA roster

cubulls
01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
Adam Morrison 2.0

Frrrrank!!!
01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
How about a Leon Powe type?

IRUAM #21
01-23-2009, 06:09 PM
Mark Blount pt 2

GCOOKIE7
01-23-2009, 06:16 PM
He's extremely strong and tough but his athleticism lacks

Faneik
Eduardo Najera

op12
He will not be a Kevin Love. He will be a mark Madsen type. He is too small, and not an athlete, and posesses none of Love's basketball IQ. He will be a 9-10 player on an NBA roster

he has developed a solid jumper and even 3 pointer. he is athletic, as he is not slow and may not jump through the roof but can get up when need be. a player of the year has to have somewhat of a basketball iq, so all of your points are lacking. comparing him to a david lee type player is about right. lee with less rebounds but a better J.

IndyRealist
01-23-2009, 06:35 PM
He's the type of player you draft late in the first round -if- he fills a role for your team. If he could slim down and play SF, his strength and post up game would be a nightmare for anyone other than Lebron.

thrilla11
01-23-2009, 06:38 PM
He'll be the Clippers third string PF/C and will develop into a Mark Madsen type
If everything goes well, he might be able to go for 6 pts, 5 rbs

IRUAM #21
01-23-2009, 06:43 PM
He'll be the Clippers third string PF/C and will develop into a Mark Madsen type
If everything goes well, he might be able to go for 6 pts, 5 rbs

dude do me a favor and keep posting, so i can see that chick in your sig. :smoking:

nd4T.O.
01-23-2009, 06:48 PM
maybe a Kwame Brown haha

griffyatl
01-23-2009, 06:50 PM
If I was a basket ball GM, I would never draft a white big man in the first round. White International players yes, but not American White players they just don't pan out for big guys.

Faneik
01-23-2009, 06:56 PM
If I was a basket ball GM, I would never draft a white big man in the first round. White International players yes, but not American White players they just don't pan out for big guys.

Kaman is lottery material.

thrilla11
01-23-2009, 06:58 PM
dude do me a favor and keep posting, so i can see that chick in your sig. :smoking:

ROFL
no problem bro
:D

IRUAM #21
01-23-2009, 07:03 PM
ROFL
no problem bro

mcnasty54
01-23-2009, 07:12 PM
ROFL
no problem bro

i like how that chick in your sig doesn't have a vagina. still hot though

IndyRealist
01-23-2009, 07:45 PM

Oh, you mean like Larry Bird? David Lee? Mike Dunleavy Jr's 6'9" and naturally plays SF. Brad Miller's averaging 12/8 with 3.5 assists. Chris Kaman plays for the German National Team, but he went to Central Michigan University and went to High School in Michigan.

It's not like Kwame Brown worked out real well, did he?

koreancabbage
01-23-2009, 07:53 PM
Oh, you mean like Larry Bird? David Lee? Mike Dunleavy Jr's 6'9" and naturally plays SF. Brad Miller's averaging 12/8 with 3.5 assists. Chris Kaman plays for the German National Team, but he went to Central Michigan University and went to High School in Michigan.

It's not like Kwame Brown worked out real well, did he?

or the candy man

edit: i mean Kandy man

blacknell
01-23-2009, 07:53 PM
i give tyler 3 years in the NBA than off to europe

thegreatone08
01-23-2009, 07:58 PM
You guys are going to be very suprised with Tyler. I've watched every game he has played as a Tar Heel. It is obvious he is not the most athletic player but not many other people in college or the NBA have the motor he has. I think his game will change in the NBA a little bit. His jump shot is 100 times better than what you see now, he just hardly shoots them. Not to mention he once nailed 30 straight 3 points in practice. He is also a very, very good free throw shooter.

Someone will get a steal with Hansbrough late in the first round. I know he won't be a star, but don't be suprised to see him put up 15-18 points and 7-10 boards.

MJ-BULLS
01-23-2009, 08:00 PM
he will be a energy type player in the bench

Missing56&33
01-23-2009, 08:06 PM
He has a bright future in the NBA. He should be a top 10 pic IMO. He has outside shooting ability, something that has been absent in the league from big men. He will have 3pt range with time, and he plays hard. Prolly will go to the Bobcats

GCOOKIE7
01-23-2009, 08:13 PM
^^^^ wow and I've been banned for **** that showed less skin and had posts not nearly as useless as yours but w/e.

Best case Hansborough ends up like Boozer.

blacknell
01-23-2009, 08:16 PM
white guys his size don't last in the league they don't have what it takes they just lack the ability... He can't play with tim duncan, kevin garnett, amare, dirk,

BoognishMN
01-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Thats an insult to Kevin Love. Love will be a solid player in the league. Hansbrough will be a 9 or 10

Agent008
01-23-2009, 08:20 PM
Eduardo Najera was a good comparison.

GarlicStench
01-23-2009, 08:26 PM
Eduardo was all hustle in College. Just like Tyler. So he should be good as a bench guy who contributes 20 minutes a game. Late 1st early 2nd round pick,

superkegger
01-23-2009, 08:32 PM
in one word, average.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2009, 08:38 PM
he has developed a solid jumper and even 3 pointer. he is athletic, as he is not slow and may not jump through the roof but can get up when need be. a player of the year has to have somewhat of a basketball iq, so all of your points are lacking. comparing him to a david lee type player is about right. lee with less rebounds but a better J.

He is not comparable to David Lee. Lee is 6'9". Hansborough may be listed there, but if pre draft camp has proven anything, he will be around 6'7". He does not have Kevin Love's IQ is what I said. The college game is not what is was, the talent level has dropped, so he doesn't see anything like he will see in the NBA. His shot may be fine for college, but not in the NBA. I see him being a career 5/4 player, maybe the 3rd or 4th guy off the bench. If he projected for 15/12, he would be a high lottery pick. He is projected by most late lottery.

_Sn1P3r_
01-23-2009, 08:38 PM
I think he'll be a good role player who gives it his all night in and night out.

PhyscoT007
01-23-2009, 08:48 PM
You guys are going to be very suprised with Tyler. I've watched every game he has played as a Tar Heel. It is obvious he is not the most athletic player but not many other people in college or the NBA have the motor he has. I think his game will change in the NBA a little bit. His jump shot is 100 times better than what you see now, he just hardly shoots them. Not to mention he once nailed 30 straight 3 points in practice. He is also a very, very good free throw shooter.

Someone will get a steal with Hansbrough late in the first round. I know he won't be a star, but don't be suprised to see him put up 15-18 points and 7-10 boards.

Totally agree.. The effort this guy puts in will just transfer over to effort in improving his game for the NBA. Is he top 5 pick worthy? No. But at the end of the 1st draft, he is an excellent pick for a team to take a chance on. I'd love to have him on the Sixers, give a break for Brand or Speights. He'd bring that energy off the bench any team needs.

buccman006
01-23-2009, 08:52 PM
i guarantee he is going to be out of the league within 5 years. He might be able to hit 3's in college but in the nba he will never hit a 3. who is he going to guard? every PF in the league will abuse him, especially if he thinks hes going to guard the likes of Bosh, Amare, Boozer, Brand, etc. If you say he plays the 3, every 3 will blow by him like he was a statue. He will average more boards per game than points since he works hard but i guarantee he avarages less than 2 pts and 2 rbs per game on his career.

And on a quote earlier i totally agree that i would never draft a white, unathletic big man in the 1st round. This isn't the 70's or 80's anymore (Kevin McHale), this is the new millenium and the NBA is made up of nothin but athletes and players like McHale(who everyone thinks is like the prototypical bigman) would get absolutly killed on a nightly basis by athletes like amare and lebron.

TruBlu2376
01-23-2009, 09:11 PM
He will be a solid contributor , I would say more of a Horace Grant type, especially if he goes mid to late first rd in the draft and to a playoff team. Pair him up with a player like Kobe, Lebron, D.Wade, D.Williams, or C.Paul, turns him into a hustling rebounder of the bench (sixth man ) that every coach would love to have.

buccman006
01-23-2009, 09:23 PM
You can have all the energy in the world, but I'm sorry a 6'7 unathletic bigman is going to get his **** sent every play, and will not be able to guard anyone in the NBA. If you dont play defense you dont play, period (go ask Michael Beasley).

I have a little question for all you "pansy T" fans, tell me one starting PF that he would be able to guard? then name one #3 big man he would be able to guard? If you say hes going to play the 3, name one starting SF he would be able to guard? how about a 6th man he would guard?

lakers4sho
01-23-2009, 09:28 PM
Poor man's Kevin Love...and a bit worse.

thegreatone08
01-23-2009, 10:03 PM
If JJ Reddick can make it in the league then Hansbrough easily can. Reddick couldn't guard anyone in college let alone the NBA.

What makes you think Hansbrough won't be able to guard any power fowards in the league? You do understand this kid is as strong as an ox right?

There are to many Hansrough haters out there. I hope he shuts you all up.

ElMarroAfamado
01-23-2009, 10:44 PM
yeah he will be near identical to Mark Madsen

cvburg
01-24-2009, 12:02 AM
tyler can guard....Love, ben wallace, antwan jamison, david lee, any of the nj big men not named lopez, mcdyce (sp?), dirk if need be maybe, boozer possibly..eh maybe not dunno....thats the short list of possibilities...he works to hard to not be atleast a decent player

GCOOKIE7
01-24-2009, 12:07 AM
there is enough energy players out there that could be more useful with their superior size and athleticism

lakers4sho
01-24-2009, 12:07 AM
tyler can guard....Love, ben wallace, antwan jamison, david lee, any of the nj big men not named lopez, mcdyce (sp?), dirk if need be maybe, boozer possibly..eh maybe not dunno....thats the short list of possibilities...he works to hard to not be atleast a decent player

No he can't guard those players. He's 6'7" for crying out loud.

La11
01-24-2009, 01:43 AM
he will be the next kevin mchale

td0tsfinest
01-24-2009, 02:21 AM
tyler is going to work hard but he reminds me too much off Morrison and Reddick, guys that have excelled in the college level but were never able to as well in the NBA.
This league is rugged, tough, fast; tyler is good but being an undersized PF doesn't help in this league.

Kyle916
01-24-2009, 04:27 AM
Unfortunately, he's going to have a horrible NBA career.

curtie74
01-24-2009, 04:53 AM
tyler's a less a athletic kevin love he wud do good on da spurs celtics or pistons as a mid to late 1st rd

LakerzDQ
01-24-2009, 08:03 AM
I agree with Najera comparisons. he's not as good as david lee.

thegreatone08
01-24-2009, 09:16 AM
tyler is going to work hard but he reminds me too much off Morrison and Reddick, guys that have excelled in the college level but were never able to as well in the NBA.
This league is rugged, tough, fast; tyler is good but being an undersized PF doesn't help in this league.

Morrison and Reddick were pure shooters in college. The teams they played for ran screens for them every other possession to get them open. Tyler is a completely different player.

Tyler may not be fast but he is not doubt rugged and tough.

And yes he is undersized, but makes up for it in strength. Take a look at the NBA and tell me how many players play their hardest on every possession. I'm sure you can count them on one hand. Tyler won't do that, which is why he will be successful.

Trouble87
01-24-2009, 10:02 AM
good role player but not more than that.....

psycho t is going to be a 8pt 6reb 0.8blk kind of player.... nothing special but you want a role player like him to fill out your roster

rickyk13
01-24-2009, 11:15 AM
he'll be that chote on the end of the bench that plays garbage minutes but yells screams and waves towels around when his teamate throws down

dirk206
01-24-2009, 12:30 PM
I say he's going to be a Nick Collison type player, undersized at the 4, but like many people have stated, he's going to be a high energy player. I think he'll still be able to rebound at a decent rate, an average of 10-12 PPG and like 8-9 rebounds a game wouldn't surprise me. but I think he'll be a guy off the bench for his whole career, I don't see him ever starting.

Missing56&33
01-24-2009, 12:51 PM
If JJ Reddick can make it in the league then Hansbrough easily can. Reddick couldn't guard anyone in college let alone the NBA.

What makes you think Hansbrough won't be able to guard any power fowards in the league? You do understand this kid is as strong as an ox right?

There are to many Hansrough haters out there. I hope he shuts you all up.

I agree with you. I think most people are just plain stupid and like to put style before quality. People want to see flashy, marketable players in the NBA. Guys that stay in college for one year and come out just because they have incredible dunks and can go behind their backs with a pass. The four year players thats not flashy and gives you effort night in night out dont get the recognition they deserve. TH has four years at a top 10 school and has had the best coach in college basketball. Its refreshing to have a kid out of college that knows the fundamentals of the game and will listen and try to get better. The bobcats will take TH

2nd_COMING
01-24-2009, 12:59 PM
He is going to be a bonafide scrub in the NBA, Mark Madsen esk.

lakers4sho
01-24-2009, 01:13 PM
He is going to be a bonafide scrub in the NBA, Mark Madsen esk.

Kwamesque

Kwame IS the bonafide scrub.

thegreatone08
01-24-2009, 01:24 PM
Kwame is a scrub because of all the hype he had. He was a number one pick. How can you compare him and Hansbrough? Not one person is saying Tyler will go number one overall. He will most likely be a late first round pick. And comparing him to Madsen is just stupid. Was Madsen a NPOY in college?

lakers4sho
01-24-2009, 01:27 PM
Probably a poor man's Christian Laettner (and shorter), or something like J.J. Redick in terms of success...

dre1990
01-24-2009, 01:29 PM
he will be a GM's dream for a role player, and will becime a starter someday

cwilson21
01-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Tyler Hansbrough = Tim Tebow

KB24PG16
01-24-2009, 02:38 PM
Tyler Hansbrough future in nba: he doesnt have one

td0tsfinest
01-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Morrison and Reddick were pure shooters in college. The teams they played for ran screens for them every other possession to get them open. Tyler is a completely different player.

And yes he is undersized, but makes up for it in strength. Take a look at the NBA and tell me how many players play their hardest on every possession. I'm sure you can count them on one hand. Tyler won't do that, which is why he will be successful.

so your saying he's going to be great? an All-star? Tyler is good but do you honestly think he can guard/score on guys like Amare, Bosh, Boozer, KG, Duncan etc.. He's good but unless a team focuses on him as the number #1 priorty I don't see him getting much set plays coming his way.

Kyle916
01-24-2009, 03:43 PM

Honestly, Hansbrough's peripherals do not translate well at all to the NBA.

He has a good motor. But that's it.

pmmr2113
01-24-2009, 03:46 PM
useless

2nd_COMING
01-24-2009, 03:57 PM
Kwamesque

Kwame IS the bonafide scrub.

This is true

28+24+5=3champs
01-24-2009, 04:02 PM
6 or 7 man. 13 and 8 per night. he's really improved his jumper this year. he's taking more 15-18 foot jumpers and even some threes this year. he'll be an above average nba player

NYYankeesWin#27
hes not going 2 play much

E-ROC
I think Tyler Hansbrough will be a fine bench in the league. No, he won't be a star, but he'll be a good sixth or seventh man off the bench. Tyler hit the 15 footer; his form gives him the possibility of shooting three pointer in the future. Has a nice jump hook in his post. His face up game needs work but it is improving Plays good position and rotation defense.. Obviously, more athletic players with greater height will give him trouble at both ends of the floor. I think he is a better version of Leon Powe and probably will be a little bit better than Eduardo Najera because I think his offensive game is a tad better. I could see Hansbrough going to the Spurs or Celtics.

You don't need to be ultra athletic to make in the NBA. There is much skill involved, no? See Larry Bird. See Tim Duncan. See Leon Powe. See Nick Collison. See Steve Nash. See Matt Bonner No one is without faults. Not everybody is going to be able to jump like Lebron. So stop with the stereotypical comments. They just make you look and sound bad.

what54!?
01-24-2009, 04:14 PM
I think he'll be a good solid player. Nothing that special but a hard worker who'll show up to play. There's room for guys like that in the nba.

nashty13
01-24-2009, 04:47 PM
every one quotes nbadraft.net player comparisons. get your own ideas. He's tough and motivated. David Lee is a rare bread (not a ton of talent but a great ball player non the less). One guy i can see Tyler coming out playing like (if he continues developing that mid range J) is Charles Oakley. He had a nice long career if you recall

Kyle916
01-24-2009, 06:59 PM
6 or 7 man. 13 and 8 per night. he's really improved his jumper this year. he's taking more 15-18 foot jumpers and even some threes this year. he'll be an above average nba player

Bold.

Hawkize31
01-24-2009, 07:14 PM
Eh, I'm not an NBA expert, but from watching Hansbrough, a big part of his game is basically having his way with guys inside, and I don't think he will be able to do that very effectively in the NBA. He could be a decent player, but I don't see him being the dominant force he has been in college.

LAcowBOMBER
01-24-2009, 07:20 PM
No he can't guard those players. He's 6'7" for crying out loud.

Uhmm, what is your point? He named Jamison, Ben Wallace, Love, and some others. Those aren't giants. He is comparable to those players in height. Just because he is a little smaller than some does not mean that he can't guard them.

And he is gona come off the bench where ever he is so he can be matched up with bench players. There are only a hand full of bench players that are gona work as hard as him.

And everyone is underrating this guy. Have you people actually seen him play or are you just making assumptions? He has moves in the post, he can shoot, he never takes a play off. I'd take him, especially with a later pick.

buccman006
01-24-2009, 07:28 PM
Im reading what you people are saying and i just laugh to myself. Some of you say hes going to be a kwame brown, kwame brown is 6'10/11 and a number 1 pick for a reason. And for the mark madson comparisons, that might be the best case senario for hansbrough. And for saying that he might be as good as jj or morrison is pretty much saying he will suck, and jj and morrison are perimeter players that can shoot from beyond the arc (which hansbrough cannot and all three cant guard a soul).

And to EROC, dont you ever say hansbrough and duncan(the big fundamental, greatest PF ever in the league) in the same sentence, Leon powe is really athletic(which makes him actually a decent bench player), nick collison is also 6'10/11, steve nash has amazing vision and at PG it doesnt matter about athleticism if you have his vision, Larry Bird played in a different era and plus i dont know about u but he was pretty good at shooting(he would be just as good as maybe danny granger if he played right now), and matt bonner sucks and the only reason he plays is because he is 6'10 and can shoot almost 40% from the arc.

And to CVBURG, Love would abuse hansbrough since he is more athletic, fundamental and bigger than hansbrough, ben wallace is self-guarded but he would send everything hansbrough put up, Jamison would anihalate hansbrough (lebron even has trouble locking antwan down), david lee works just as hard as hansbrough and is bigger and stronger, mcdyss would also work hansbrough to death with his mid-range and savvy post moves, Dirk would ***k him up so bad, boozer would be a nightmare for him(i dont know if you ever watched boozer play but he is a borderline allstar with 20/10 nightly), and bout the nj bigs yi is 7 ft tall so that wouldnt be a matchup, sean williams is also self-guarded but would also send everything tyler threw up, and josh boone cant breath so he doesnt count but i still think he would bruse him up with his size.

All in all, he is 6'7(maybe 6'8 with shox) 130 lbs(maybe more but watching him he is thinner than the listed 150 that is for sure) and if you ever say he is going to over power people you are going to be awfully awoken when he steps on a summer league camp let alone an nba regular season game. If i was a owner or president of a team and my GM said he was going to draft hansbrough in the first round(at any point, early or late) i would fire him on the spot. i can name at least 40 players in this draft that i would draft over him in a heart beat.

Kyle916
01-24-2009, 07:39 PM
Hansbrough is going to be manhandled by bigger and more athletic PFs.

andybauer91
01-24-2009, 08:09 PM
oh yea darko milic was just ammaaazing great pick