PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Power Forward for Next Year?

Saltinuts40
01-23-2009, 05:33 PM
Who do you think would help us challenge in the West again?

mays217
01-23-2009, 06:03 PM
I would want Milsap out of that group no question. But there is NO way Utah wont lock him up with Boozer likely leaving.

GIANTS15
01-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Blake Griffen PF (Oklahoma)
Hasheem Thabeet C (Uconn)
Jordan Hill PF (Arizona)
DaJuan Summers SF (G'town) my pick sleeper :clap:

garlicboy
01-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Anthony Randolph if gets some minutes and uses the cream and clear.

They say obesity is a disease that plagues Americans. Why doesn't obesity plague Randolph and Wright for a year or two?

likemystylez
01-23-2009, 07:59 PM
Anthony Randolph if gets some minutes and uses the cream and clear.

They say obesity is a disease that plagues Americans. Why doesn't obesity plague Randolph and Wright for a year or two?

perhaps gobbling up a few rebounds would help

Leadoffman9
01-23-2009, 08:11 PM
I like Milsap!

PG - Ellis
SG - Crawford or Belinelli (if Crawford doesn't resign)
SF - Jackson
PF - Milsap
C- Biedrins

garlicboy
01-23-2009, 08:16 PM
perhaps gobbling up a few rebounds would help

Randolphs gets 4.1 rebs a game. Per 48 mins, he'd get 16 rebs a game, very good for a PF and second only to Biedrins on our team.

I'm not sure, but of all rookies, and perhaps 2nd year players, he'd have the best per 48 rebounding numbers. At any rate he's up there.

Look it up instead of talking out of yer arse.

Actually, he'd be TOP TEN IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE!!!

Now that is pretty sad, having a guy if given minutes with the possibility of being a good-great rebounder, but he's not playing.

ESaady
01-23-2009, 08:20 PM
I hope Randolph will pan out, he can rebound like crazy, but he really needs to polish his game. I'm sure he'll do it since he is only 19, but I cant wait haha, I really want our young players to develop quickly!

mavwar53
01-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Wallace Nellie likes a pf that can shoot, if Nellie is finally gone then boozer, because milsap is not going anywhere he is restricted and boozer isn't going back to the jazz maybe we sign and trade for him.

Conor
01-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Blake Griffin is ideal, but Jordan Hill may be more realistic.

gowarriors
01-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Milsap, Lee, and Bass would all be good, but my vote would be for Andray Blatche with the Wizards. He's improving, isn't loaded down with a huge contract, and could become available via trade with the emergence of Javale McGee.

I agree with the posters that stated Milsap is Utah's future at PF if Boozer goes, which I'm sure he will.

I think we had a chance at Lee earlier in the season, but we went for Crawford instead.

As for Bass, he's a possibility, although I think that's highly unlikely at this point.

JaZzyJaTT
01-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Paul Millsap would probably come a LOT cheaper than Boozer, and Boozer does have the tendency to be hurt so I think Millsap would be a safer, younger, hungrier choice. If we can get a Paul Millsap on our team, it would really do wonders for us. We are a real deep team, and solidifying the PF spot would make us a much improved team. Optimal lineup...

PG: Crawford/Belinelli/Watson
SG: Ellis/Magette/Morrow
SF: Randolph/Wright/Azubuke
PF: Millsap/Kurz/Randolph
C: Biedrins/Turiaf/?

PS - I left Stephen Jackson out for a reason. I think we can move on without him. If somehow we can unload him and solidify a tweener backup Center/PF position, I think this will be a team to be reckoned and a definite playoff team. Again, we are a deep team with talent all around. We are just missing that PF piece that can take us over the hump.

djeller1139
01-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Millsap would be great, but no way he leaves Utah. Boozer or Lee would be sweet too. But above all, I would like to see a tandem of Wright and Randolph there, at least for the rest of the year, that way we can see if we really need a true PF, or if Randolph or Wright can be the answer at that position, and if it is only a matter of developing the finer points of the game and time till they are 'stars', or at least formidable options at PF.

JaZzyJaTT
01-23-2009, 09:26 PM
I think we had a chance at Lee earlier in the season, but we went for Crawford instead.

We tried to get Lee, but the Knicks didnt want to give him up. Crawford was not our first option off of that team when we talked trade with the Knicks.

Enzy
01-23-2009, 09:50 PM
Randolph

Tmac416
01-23-2009, 10:15 PM
i dont like any of the realistic options(milsap aint leaving the jazz when they give 65 mill for 7 years). truelly i think the asnwer is one our team. i dont randolph will ever be a true 4. nor do i think he will be a true 3. hes a matchup nightmare and when him and wright are out there its a matchup night mare not mention small gaurds cant see any lanes cuz all they see is the insane long arms from eahc of thoise two. the bigest thing we can do is let them play, let them make mistakes and actually let them develop!!!!!

Lincoln Logs
01-23-2009, 10:25 PM
Millsap would be great, but no way he leaves Utah. Boozer or Lee would be sweet too. But above all, I would like to see a tandem of Wright and Randolph there, at least for the rest of the year, that way we can see if we really need a true PF, or if Randolph or Wright can be the answer at that position, and if it is only a matter of developing the finer points of the game and time till they are 'stars', or at least formidable options at PF.

agreed... wierdly... 2 times in a week :confused:

And I agree with Tmac too

djeller1139
01-23-2009, 10:56 PM
agreed... wierdly... 2 times in a week :confused:

And I agree with Tmac too

Apocalypse.

GSW fan
01-24-2009, 03:31 AM
Bg

GSRaider
01-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Blake griffin
Greg Monroe

David lee

danbuc0101
01-27-2009, 01:25 AM
udonis Haslem would be perfect.

djeller1139
01-27-2009, 02:57 AM
Perfect is a stretch

garlicboy
01-27-2009, 04:21 AM
Brandan Wright for David Lee, now that would have been sweet if we pulled that off last year. Lot's of people called me crazy. I wonder if we at least tried that trade.

jehovah joe
01-27-2009, 12:42 PM
either win the draft lottery and draft blake griffin or greg monroe

make a trade on draft day and pick up blake griffin or greg monroe
:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::p ray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pra y::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::p ray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pra y::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray: :pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::p ray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

ULT WARRIOR408
01-28-2009, 11:23 PM
For our style of play i say a pf like josh smith or someone like him would be perfect

tadmanny
01-28-2009, 11:33 PM
Brandon Bass is perfect for us. Hes bigger than Josh Smith, plays great D, and can score. Hes perfect and as a 2nd round draft pick, I think we could get him. THe mavs wont deal with us tho. I doubt it, but hes the guy.

EyeBelieve
01-29-2009, 03:33 PM
I think they'd trade Nowitzki before they trade Bass. Bass is a free agent at the end of the season and will be highly sought after. I didn't think much of him before and just thought of him as a rebounder, but after watching him last night..the guy has some smooth and quick low post moves. He's a great rebounder and can be a more athletic Al Jefferson type player.

PolloLoco
01-30-2009, 11:26 AM
Brandan Wright for David Lee, now that would have been sweet if we pulled that off last year. Lot's of people called me crazy. I wonder if we at least tried that trade.

Man, I can't believe you're still complaining about that. Waa waa. On that topic, you act like a jilted girlfriend.

On a side note - you compared rebounding stats for Anthony Randolph on a 48 minute basis. Fortunately, as an engineer - I like numbers as well. So I compared David Lee, Brandon Wright and Anthony Randolph in points, rebounds, blocked shots and shooting percentage. Here's the results, rounding up based on ESPN's stats:

PTS RB BL Shooting Percentage
BW 24 11 3 54.1
DL 21 16 0.5 56.9
AR 21 15 4 42.0

For the record, I like David Lee. But I don't think he'd be the solution on our team. Arguably, none of those 3 work for us as bruising defenders unless our sticks gain weight. And with playing time, none of the three would stand out as superior over the others.

I actually liked what we started to see from Brandan Wright as a starter - and I hope both he and Randolph continue to get quality playing time in this lost season, so we can see where they stand.