PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rando

thrilla11
01-23-2009, 02:10 AM
There are many NBA people who are saying that Rajon Rondo is one of the best young Point Guards in the NBA. Im not to sold on him yet. What do you guys think?

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Rajon Rondo???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4149

ElMarroAfamado
01-23-2009, 03:27 AM
im glad you spelled his name wrong.
he doesnt even deserve to have his name spelled correctly

its an offense to deron williams and chris paul to mention rondo in the same universe as them.....
i could play pg for the celtics and do the things rondo does
and im fat and short

thrilla11
01-23-2009, 03:34 AM
im glad you spelled his name wrong.
he doesnt even deserve to have his name spelled correctly

its an offense to deron williams and chris paul to mention rondo in the same universe as them.....
i could play pg for the celtics and do the things rondo does
and im fat and short

whoops, LOL my bad

GspLAL
01-23-2009, 03:37 AM
OMG THIS BELONGS IN THE CELTIC FORUM

/celticfanmodeoff

KeithLBC
01-23-2009, 04:01 AM
who cares about Rondo other than Celtics fans :confused:

And people say Bynum get's overhyped :laugh:

Duncan = Donkey
01-23-2009, 05:00 AM
he aint even a top 5 PG, maybe top 10, maybe,

BkOriginalOne
01-23-2009, 05:29 AM
I've been watching Rondo since his days playing for Tubby Smith.
Rondo was a guy that led the Wildcats in points, assists, steals, minutes and rebounds from the pg position - he was also on the all SEC defensive team.
He's like, a more promising version of brevin knight.

Morgan
01-23-2009, 05:46 AM
OMG THIS BELONGS IN THE CELTIC FORUM

/celticfanmodeoff

What are you a little girl? "Like OMG this belongs in the Celtics forums." Give me a break dude.

Frrrrank!!!
01-23-2009, 09:35 AM
What are you a little girl? "Like OMG this belongs in the Celtics forums." Give me a break dude.

like, O-M-G!!! :laugh:

NYstateofMinD
01-23-2009, 10:15 AM
Spoken like a true Laker fan.

I'd like to draw a comparison between what the Celtics did to the Lakers in last year's finals and what Kobe Bryant did to that poor girl in Colorado.

Basically it was the basketball version of bending them over and sticking it where the sun doesn't shine.

I think the people with bags over their heads should be the ones who are rooting for a team led by that rapist.

Odee.

DrDEADalready
01-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Oh No. Another Rondo thread. and everybody goes.... Ayi ayi ayi ayi ayi.

JJ81
01-23-2009, 11:46 AM
Monta Ellis? Derek Rose?

madiaz3
01-23-2009, 11:52 AM
Paul, Williams, Billups,Tony Parker, Derrick Rose, Devin Harris
and it's arguable but i'd put Jameer Nelson and even Chris Duhon ahead of him.

JordansBulls
01-23-2009, 11:52 AM
There are many NBA people who are saying that Rajon Rondo is one of the best young Point Guards in the NBA. Im not to sold on him yet. What do you guys think?

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Rajon Rondo???

If you think he is 3rd then he is overrated.

Er1c
01-23-2009, 11:55 AM
overrated~~~~~~

Morgan
01-23-2009, 11:59 AM

In head-to-head match-ups Rondo destroyed every PG on that list besides Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups. He made a fool out of Devin Harris, Jameer Nelson,and Derrick Rose and absolutely shut down Deron Williams worse than any other PG I have ever seen so, I don't know how you can say he's not better than half that list. Nelson, Harris, and Duhon should never be mentioned in front of Rondo ever again after what he did to them over the past few weeks.

op12
01-23-2009, 11:59 AM

agreed, even though i think rose is a little overrated. dont get me wrong i think he has come in and proven a lot of people wrong and he will be great, but right now rondo is a better pg, but not scorer. same with nelson, better scorer, not better overall pg. and i dont think duhon should be mentioned with this group yet.

DrDEADalready
01-23-2009, 12:03 PM
In head-to-head match-ups Rondo destroyed every PG on that list besides Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups. He made a fool out of Devin Harris, Jameer Nelson,and Derrick Rose and absolutely shut down Deron Williams worse than any other PG I have ever seen so, I don't know how you can say he's not better than half that list. Nelson, Harris, and Duhon should never be mentioned in front of Rondo ever again after what he did to them over the past few weeks.

LOL shut down Deron Williams. You do know Deron came back from a injury? and was not at full strength? Deron is now back to his old self. Rondo would not stand a chance against Williams. if they played again. He'd get in foul trouble so fast. He wouldn't know what hit him.

Since he's back to his old self Over the past five games. Deron is averaging 26pts and 10 assists

cubulls
01-23-2009, 12:11 PM
Rondo would be a bench player on any other team.

JIDsanity
01-23-2009, 12:18 PM

Devin is better than Rondo, and that came out of Rondo's mouth, so your argument is lame. And to even think Rondo is better than Deron Williams? Borderline psycho

jayl1377
01-23-2009, 12:19 PM

ROFL JAMEER AND DUHON HUH???

hahahahahaha

chicagowhitesox
01-23-2009, 12:27 PM
no chance he's third in the nba! he's not even top 10. derrick rose is better than him. devin harris. steve nash is still far better than him. jason kidd even. once defenders realized they could play 10 feet off of him to take away his driving ability, he started to suck and his turnovers went way up.

Morgan
01-23-2009, 02:08 PM
Devin is better than Rondo, and that came out of Rondo's mouth, so your argument is lame. And to even think Rondo is better than Deron Williams? Borderline psycho

Rondo would never say Devin Harris is better than him. Did you watch the 2 Celtics - Nets games last week? Rondo was 2 points away from a triple double one night and 2 points and 1 rebound away from a triple double the next game while completely shutting Devin harris down. 1 game you could say was a fluke but, not 2 games in 4 days. Rondo made Harris look like a college player both games. Go watch the tapes.

Morgan
01-23-2009, 02:10 PM
LOL shut down Deron Williams. You do know Deron came back from a injury? and was not at full strength? Deron is now back to his old self. Rondo would not stand a chance against Williams. if they played again. He'd get in foul trouble so fast. He wouldn't know what hit him.

Since he's back to his old self Over the past five games. Deron is averaging 26pts and 10 assists

Rondo made him look bad. That's all I know. He made him look real bad.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Rondo made him look bad. That's all I know. He made him look real bad.

For one game, while he was just coming back from injury. Are you saying you are going to use that for your reasoning?

Are you really telling me that you would rather have Rondo than Deron?

mickybrneyes20
01-23-2009, 02:26 PM
Just like Paul Pierce, the only reason any of the other clowns on the Celtics look good is because you have two Hall of Famers that were added to the mix. And before all you Pierce lovers start saying how great he is, just remember he couldn't get it done until Allen and Garnett came to town. Rondo has plenty of opportunity because of the attention payed to the other two! PERIOD

oracle650
01-23-2009, 02:35 PM
Just like Paul Pierce, the only reason any of the other clowns on the Celtics look good is because you have two Hall of Famers that were added to the mix. And before all you Pierce lovers start saying how great he is, just remember he couldn't get it done until Allen and Garnett came to town. Rondo has plenty of opportunity because of the attention payed to the other two! PERIOD

:clap: well said.

Rhino
01-23-2009, 02:37 PM
I think he is easily top 10 material maybe not top 5 but close. Right now he is in what his 3rd year and already has a championship ring. Not many other point gaurds on the list can say that.

unwantedplayer
01-23-2009, 02:40 PM
For one game, while he was just coming back from injury. Are you saying you are going to use that for your reasoning?

What if someone made a fool of Kobe? Are you going to use his dislocated finger as reasoning. Everyone plays hurt during the season. You don't hear about all the injuries every day. Its basketball. You get hurt.

PIPster86
01-23-2009, 02:41 PM
I am a Celtic's fan and also think that rating him 3rd in the league is extremely high but I do consider him to be in the top 10 easy. I can see him as being in the TOP 3 for the Eastern Conference behind Devin Harris and Jose Calderon, barely beating out Jameer Nelson and Derrick Rose. Here is my list of the top 10 PG in the game right now:

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Steve Nash
4. Devin Harris
5. Jose Calderon
6. Jason Kidd
7. Rajon Rondo
8. Baron Davis
9. Chauncey Billups
10. Tony Parker

Honorable Mention: Jameer Nelson, Derrick Rose, Andre Miller, Chris Duhon, Raymond Felton

DLeeicious
01-23-2009, 02:45 PM
I don't know whether to call Rondo underrated because I think he is a solid point guard and so many people bash him, or to call him overrated because he is NOT a top 5 point guard and so many say he is. He is what he is, a young talent who is on a team loaded with savvy veterans. He has a long way to go but has been good up to now.

Rhino
01-23-2009, 02:45 PM

It takes a team to win a championship not just one player. Anybody could have picked up Ray Allen and Garnett don't get all jealous cuz your team wasn't able to pony up the dough and get it done. The Celtics earned their championship though I will say that the quality of the NBA is pathedic at best right now. Yes your right Rondo does have plenty of opportunities and a good player will take advantage of every opportunity to help his team succeed. He could have sucked it up but he hasn't he has helped his team win a championship so stop hating on the guy. Also I'm not sure if I would put Allen or Garnett in the Hall of fame if they hadn't won a championship.

Rhino
01-23-2009, 02:48 PM
Most of the bashers are just jealous of the success of the Celtics. I honestly believe Rondo would be a starter on just about half of the NBA teams out there.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-23-2009, 02:57 PM
I don't know whether to call Rondo underrated because I think he is a solid point guard and so many people bash him, or to call him overrated because he is NOT a top 5 point guard and so many say he is. He is what he is, a young talent who is on a team loaded with savvy veterans. He has a long way to go but has been good up to now.

he is wat he is.

a 3rd year PG
Great ability to lead the offense
Smart player who learns quick
improving an inconsistant jump shot
inconsistent defense, at times great and others not so.
and of course very athletic and long

all star? not yet
Top 5 PG? nope
Solid Starter? easily
reached his potential? not even close. he is still very young and improving FAST.

DrDEADalready
01-23-2009, 02:57 PM
What if someone made a fool of Kobe? Are you going to use his dislocated finger as reasoning. Everyone plays hurt during the season. You don't hear about all the injuries every day. Its basketball. You get hurt.

A hurt finger is quite different than a severly spained ankle. Ankle prevents you to move they way you should. change directions, drive. run. ect. that affect you more than a finger injury.

thrilla11
01-23-2009, 03:00 PM
If you think he is 3rd then he is overrated.

naw man, not me
I dont even like the Celtics
its just that there have been analysts and broadcasters saying THAT during Celtic games on national tv and this has shocked me everytime
I just wanted to know if other actual fans were believing the hype.

blujaysrock
01-23-2009, 03:01 PM
Jose calderon with some D would be nice, but ya Rondo isn't that bad.

pelmen84
01-23-2009, 03:09 PM
I am a Celtic's fan and also think that rating him 3rd in the league is extremely high but I do consider him to be in the top 10 easy. I can see him as being in the TOP 3 for the Eastern Conference behind Devin Harris and Jose Calderon, barely beating out Jameer Nelson and Derrick Rose. Here is my list of the top 10 PG in the game right now:

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Steve Nash
4. Devin Harris
5. Jose Calderon
6. Jason Kidd
7. Rajon Rondo
8. Baron Davis
9. Chauncey Billups
10. Tony Parker

I agree with first 3

4. Tony Parker (Finals MVP says something)
5. Harris
6. Kidd
7. Billups
8. Rose/Calderon
9. Calderon/Rose
10. Baron Davis ( just for the mavericks series)
11. Rondo/Nelson
12. Nelson/Rondo

Rhino
01-23-2009, 03:13 PM
A hurt finger is quite different than a severly spained ankle. Ankle prevents you to move they way you should. change directions, drive. run. ect. that affect you more than a finger injury.

Well if he wasn't ready to play then your coach wouldn't have played him so you can't throw all these excuses out there as to why said player didn't play well. If Rondo owned him one game than accept it and move on stop making up excuses as to why Deron wasn't feeling well that day.

ShaunRiching9
01-23-2009, 03:18 PM
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Devon Harris
Jose Calderon
Tony Parker
Derrick Rose
Jameer Nelson
in no particular oreder are all better them nim and all are in their 20's

colinskik
01-23-2009, 03:23 PM
It takes a team to win a championship not just one player. Anybody could have picked up Ray Allen and Garnett don't get all jealous cuz your team wasn't able to pony up the dough and get it done. The Celtics earned their championship though I will say that the quality of the NBA is pathedic at best right now. Yes your right Rondo does have plenty of opportunities and a good player will take advantage of every opportunity to help his team succeed. He could have sucked it up but he hasn't he has helped his team win a championship so stop hating on the guy. Also I'm not sure if I would put Allen or Garnett in the Hall of fame if they hadn't won a championship.
I always thought it was a little fishy that Kevin McHale was responsible for handing over Garnett to Ainge and the Celtics when he was being a hard a-s-s with every other team. So no, any other team couldn't have gotten those players.

Joshtd1
01-23-2009, 03:26 PM
Rondo is good, but hes not an elite PG yet.

CP3
DWill
Parker
Nash
Kidd
Billups
Miller
Harris
Calderon
Davis

Those are guys I would take over him for sure. Stuckey too if you want to consider him a PG

madiaz3
01-23-2009, 03:27 PM
Why would anyone rank Rondo above Tony Parker? Every strength Rondo has, Tony Parker does it better. You will also NEVER see Rondo explode for 55 points. Won't ever happen.

And yeah, when I said Duhon, last Knicks Celtics matchup, we didn't even get to see because Rondo played 20 minutes after getting shut down by JARED JEFFRIES.

Faneik
01-23-2009, 03:30 PM

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Rajon Rondo???

Another Rondo hater, he must be doing something good, like winning a ring and stuff like that...

lol... you just contributed to Rondo's hype by creating this thread.

Rondo right now is an average NBA PG starter. This means he is something like the 15th best starter PG in the league.

But he will improve this ranking, note sure if he'll ever crack the top 5, but I'm pretty sure he'll eventually crack the top 10.

IndyRealist
01-23-2009, 03:31 PM
This is the order I'd want these PG's on my team for this year (not future years, everyone pretty much agrees that's Paul, Williams, or Rose):
1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Devin Harris
6. Steve Nash
7. Jose Calderon
8. Jason Kidd
9. Mike Bibby
10. Rajon Rondo
Jason Kidd's starting to tear it up and Mike Bibby's the reason Atlanta works at all. They're talking Finals in Denver because of Billups. Tony Parker is completely underrated considering he has a Finals MVP, and is an integral part of the best team of the last decade.

When Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen all retire and Rondo takes them back to the Finals, then you can tell me he's top 3.

BoSox47
01-23-2009, 03:33 PM
you might all hate rondo but when he head ot head with some of the best pg's in the league rondo puts up better numbers. The other night against the jazz rondo put up better numbers then deron then couple nights later puts up better numbers then steve nash.

pelmen84
01-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Yea Rondo definetly makes my LFP (Least Favorite Player) list :)

MJ-BULLS
01-23-2009, 03:51 PM
Rondo is overrated he is not even a top 3

DrDEADalready
01-23-2009, 03:53 PM
Well if he wasn't ready to play then your coach wouldn't have played him so you can't throw all these excuses out there as to why said player didn't play well. If Rondo owned him one game than accept it and move on stop making up excuses as to why Deron wasn't feeling well that day.

Okay you said it your self. It was one game. Just because he did "Better" than Williams in one game doesnt make him a top 3 pg in the league. and is not even top 10. Will it happen again. Not a chance

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-23-2009, 03:55 PM

I was not using his injury as an excuse. I was simply stating it is dumb to judge who is the better player off one game. Especially a game where one player is not able to perform at his usual level. You have to look at the body of work. And Deron's body of work is better than Rondo's.

And I'm not underrating Rondo. I like his game very much. Very good defender. But he is a liability on offense. Teams use the man guarding him as a roamer. Pretty much daring Rondo to shoot. Teams game plan against Williams. They will never go into a Celtic game saying "We need to stop Rondo". First Pierce, then KG, then Allen, then Rondo.

KINGofKINGS28
01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
Rondo is nasty!!! Stop hate'n

any1 saying he isn't obviously doesn't watch celtic games

GspLAL
01-23-2009, 04:21 PM

whooooooosh, its called mocking.

GspLAL
01-23-2009, 04:23 PM

Everyone gets hurt, exactly, so because of that you just throw it out the window and say it doesn't matter? Of course it matters, it's a reason not an excuse, obviously playing with an injury is gonna affect you, your logic is flawed.

Anyways, he's a good starter at best, nothing more right now.

More shats!
01-23-2009, 04:25 PM
Rondo is so overrated is not even funny anymore.

CraigtheSoxFan
01-23-2009, 04:26 PM
you guys are losers rondo is the best

IndyRealist
01-23-2009, 04:27 PM
Rondo is nasty!!! Stop hate'n

any1 saying he isn't obviously doesn't watch celtic games

Not a single person has said Rondo isn't good. But saying he's better than, say, Tony Parker, or Steve Nash, is ludicrous. He's easily top 15, maybe top 10. Top 3 in the league he is not.

GspLAL
01-23-2009, 04:39 PM
you guys are losers rondo is the best

If rondos the best then so is bynum

pelmen84
01-23-2009, 04:40 PM
Yea its hard to shine next to Two HOFs and multiple allstar, but Rondo is just ok. He is an average point guard...nothing more

He ranks high in steals because he can gamble on defense and reach in on multiple times because he knows he is gonna get bailed out by KG or the rest of his team.

He ranks high in assists because ray allen is money, so is KG, so is Pierce... and while everybody defending those three passing to Perkins who pretty much ends up open, gives u assits.

10ppg is ok for him too, but most of his points are drives to the hoop... No 3-point shot, horrible jumper...

So saying that Rondo is nasty is garbage... same thing as saying Big Baby is nasty or Perkins is nasty, maybe nasty looking ( applies to all three)

PC
01-23-2009, 04:46 PM
Rondo is so overrated. If he played on a team like the Knicks, there wouldn't be double teams that left him wide open to drive to the hoop. His ft% is absolutely terrible for a PG and at the NBA level, he should be able to put up a jump shot without bricking it everytime

KeithLBC
01-23-2009, 04:53 PM
You can put almost any starting point guard from the NBA, and even some backups in Rondo's position on the Celtics and they would perform the same, if not better than Rondo. On the other hand, if you put Rondo on a team like the Thunder, or Grizzlies or even the Bucks he wouldn't be a factor at all.

To say "he has a ring, he must be good" is such a pathetic response. The whole team gets a ring when that team wins a championship, not just the players who actually deserved that ring ;)

Morgan
01-23-2009, 04:56 PM

Well when Rondo makes Deron Williams look bad, Devin Harris twice in 4 days look bad, Jose Calderon look bad every time they play, Steve Nash look bad, and Derrick Rose look bad I don't really think it's a coincedence anymore.

bagwell368
01-23-2009, 05:09 PM
Not a single person has said Rondo isn't good. But saying he's better than, say, Tony Parker, or Steve Nash, is ludicrous. He's easily top 15, maybe top 10. Top 3 in the league he is not.

Ate Nash alive the other night.

Rondo was injured/crappy for the amount of time the Celts were losing. Before and after they can't lose. He's not the best player on the Celts, but he is the trigger, and they've been beating a tune on Orlando, Miami and other pretend tough teams the past few days.

CraigtheSoxFan
01-23-2009, 05:50 PM
If rondos the best then so is bynum
dude stop bynum is a center

RapsGuy23
01-23-2009, 05:54 PM
Rondo a top 3 point guard in the NBA??? ABSOLUTELY NOT. I doubt that you could convince a drunk pirate that Rondo is a Top 3 NBA point guard.

Rondo's numbers are solid but they have to be considered in the bigger picture via the big 3. Pierce, Garnett and Allen demand so much attention from the other team that players like rondo and Perkins etc are afforded easy open shots. Not to mention he has the Big 3 to knock down shots off his passes. I highly doubt his averages would be what they are if he didn't have PP, KG, and Allen on his team.

I my opinion Rondo's greatest weakness is his jump shot (or lack there of). RONDO HAS NO RANGE. Most teams let Rondo shot if he's more than 10 feet from the basket...not an attribute of a Top 3 NBA point guard (even if it is top 3 young PG's). Until he improves his jump shot Rondo shouldn't be considered in any "top" list.

He's not a bad PG by any means and his quickness makes him a threat. But he's not an elite NBA pg.....at least not yet.

YankeesR#2
01-23-2009, 05:59 PM
You can put almost any starting point guard from the NBA, and even some backups in Rondo's position on the Celtics and they would perform the same, if not better than Rondo. On the other hand, if you put Rondo on a team like the Thunder, or Grizzlies or even the Bucks he wouldn't be a factor at all.

To say "he has a ring, he must be good" is such a pathetic response. The whole team gets a ring when that team wins a championship, not just the players who actually deserved that ring ;)

Talk about pathetic responses. I think you are suffering from "finals hangover" or the basketball version of penis envy.

Your team is soft and just rolled over in game 6 of the finals last year but that is no reason to demean Rondo. I think Kobe is a rapist who belongs in prison but I still believe he is a great basketball player. As a matter of fact I think the defensive job he did on Rondo the last time they played (Christmas) is what sent the Celtics into their tailspin.

Which brings me to my point which is it doesn't how great a player is it's how he fits into the team which is important.

All you have to do is look at the Iverson/Billups trade as an example.

Whatever you think of Rondo as a player he fits perfectly into the Celtics scheme and the thought that any point guard can do the same thing is ludicrous.

BTW I think the people with bags over their heads should be the ones who root for a team who has a rapist for their best player.

KINGofKINGS28
01-23-2009, 06:08 PM
Rondo gets better every year. He plays d really well and can rebound for a small guy. I love the celts and rondo but i dont think he's at the parker,nash,billups level yet... Do i think he can and will get there?? Hell yea.
But he's not there yet......

Morgan
01-23-2009, 06:13 PM
I personally would take Rondo over Devin Harris and Jose Calderon. I would rather have my PG do the things that Rondo does great rather than scoring. If you can average 6rpg 8asp and 2.5spg than to me that's all you need a PG to do and, I believe if Rondo didn't play with 3 future hall of famers all his stats would be the same except he'd average more points a game and maybe average a little less assists per game but, he night not average less assists because Pierce handles the ball a lot and KG makes quite a bit of plays from the post every game. He'd definitely average more points though and, rebounds and steals would be the same if he played for a bad team because the big 3 doesn't make him great defender or a damn good rebounder. He does those things baturally.

op12
01-23-2009, 06:23 PM
This is the order I'd want these PG's on my team for this year (not future years, everyone pretty much agrees that's Paul, Williams, or Rose):
1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Devin Harris
6. Steve Nash
7. Jose Calderon
8. Jason Kidd
9. Mike Bibby
10. Rajon Rondo
Jason Kidd's starting to tear it up and Mike Bibby's the reason Atlanta works at all. They're talking Finals in Denver because of Billups. Tony Parker is completely underrated considering he has a Finals MVP, and is an integral part of the best team of the last decade.

When Kevin Garnett, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen all retire and Rondo takes them back to the Finals, then you can tell me he's top 3.

i was really agreeing with you except for calderon and bibby. calderon is all hype and rondo took it to bibby in the playoffs. bibby played terrible, but i agree he makes the hawks tick. and your last point, cmon man, none of these other guys on your list have made it to the finals on their own. parker and billups had help and the others havent even made it, so that kills your point. if thats what you base it on you cant put cp3 and dwill in the top 3, but they obviously are.

Frrrrank!!!
01-23-2009, 06:24 PM
Rondo is a decent young point guard, the end. The fact is he helped a team win a championship and you CAN'T discount that. A lot of other second year players wouldn't be able to handle the pressure.

Lately he has been doing better when it comes to hitting his jumper. Wether it's because of the big 3 or not his numbers this year are very good.
ppg-10.9 apg- 7.9 rpg- 5.0 while shooting 50% from the field and 33% from 3's.

I don't think you can punish a player for having good teammates to play with.

LA_Raiders
01-23-2009, 06:25 PM
Lol, Thats Funny, What about Billups he is even a top 5 for MVP....

Thats Stupid...

Harris, Parker, Calderon, Nash....Come on now...

BluejaysFan08
01-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I could get more assists than him, all he has to do is bring it up pass to K g bucket thers an assist this guy isnt good if you put him on any other team IMO

Frrrrank!!!
01-23-2009, 06:27 PM
I could get more assists than him, all he has to do is bring it up pass to K g bucket thers an assist this guy isnt good if you put him on any other team IMO

No you couldn't and imo, your wrong.

LA_Raiders
01-23-2009, 06:28 PM
Well when Rondo makes Deron Williams look bad, Devin Harris twice in 4 days look bad, Jose Calderon look bad every time they play, Steve Nash look bad, and Derrick Rose look bad I don't really think it's a coincedence anymore.

lol, thats funny....Bos Fan, who else.... I rather have any of those that you say Rondo made them "look bad" .....

soundjunkies2
01-23-2009, 06:45 PM
Talk about pathetic responses. I think you are suffering from "finals hangover" or the basketball version of penis envy.

Your team is soft and just rolled over in game 6 of the finals last year but that is no reason to demean Rondo. I think Kobe is a rapist who belongs in prison but I still believe he is a great basketball player. As a matter of fact I think the defensive job he did on Rondo the last time they played (Christmas) is what sent the Celtics into their tailspin.

Which brings me to my point which is it doesn't how great a player is it's how he fits into the team which is important.

Whatever you think of Rondo as a player he fits perfectly into the Celtics scheme and the thought that any point guard can do the same thing is ludicrous.

BTW I think the people with bags over their heads should be the ones who root for a team who has a rapist for their best player.

Why do you all your post always say something about kobe being a "rapist" blah blah when that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.Are you just that ignorant?

More shats!
01-23-2009, 07:13 PM
Overated...Overrated...Overrated.That is all you have to say about Rondo he is so Overated is not even funny.

Morgan
01-23-2009, 07:29 PM

He's averaging 8 assists per game in about 30 minutes per game while Pierce runs quite a few plays and Rondo gives Garnett the ball on the post a lot and KG waits for the double team and dishes to the open man. You can't assume someone is going to average 10 assists per game because he plays with 3 All Stars because most All Stars are playmakers themselves. You'll never see a PG that plays with Kobe average a lot of assists because Kobe is a playmaker. Rondo has got serious game and, he's the type of PG coaches drool over.

Morgan
01-23-2009, 07:32 PM
Overated...Overrated...Overrated.That is all you have to say about Rondo he is so Overated is not even funny.

No actually Calderon is overated. Rondo is the man.

More shats!
01-23-2009, 07:47 PM
No actually Calderon is overated. Rondo is the man.

What?Dude you crazy, Calderon is pretty underated just by reading your dumb comments.If you think Jose is overated you been smoking a big *** joint.Even Tony Parker thinks Rondo is overated only the bandwagon fans of Boston and the ignorant media think Rondo is an All-Star.Its pretty sad how a guy like Rondo gets elevated from scrub to the next big thing.

ReymanEjazzfan
01-23-2009, 07:53 PM
rondo is a baller! anyone who can get a triple double in the nba has to have a lot of skill. it does help hes playin with 3 all stars but still hes for sure top 10!

BTownTeamsRKing
01-23-2009, 08:02 PM
calderon is highly overated. if he was as good as everyone says, then toronto wouldnt suck so bad.

the raptors have a good team, but calderon is so overated its rediculous. at one point someone tried saying he is the best PG in the East.

the raptors cant suck that bad if caderon is that good bc Bosh is a beast, JO is always injurred, Bargs is a 1st overall pick, Anthony Parker and Kapono can shoot amazing. so wats the problem? calderon isnt that good.

jimbobjarree
01-23-2009, 08:06 PM
Calderon is meh, I'd prefer Rondo

More shats!
01-23-2009, 08:12 PM
calderon is highly overated. if he was as good as everyone says, then toronto wouldnt suck so bad.

the raptors have a good team, but calderon is so overated its rediculous. at one point someone tried saying he is the best PG in the East.

the raptors cant suck that bad if caderon is that good bc Bosh is a beast, JO is always injurred, Bargs is a 1st overall pick, Anthony Parker and Kapono can shoot amazing. so wats the problem? calderon isnt that good.

Calderon has had problems with his harmstring this season and he and JO have missed a lot of games.That is why our record is where it is and our wing play is terrible.Your pal Rondo has Ray allen and Paul pierce at the wing and Jose has Jamario Moon and Anthony Parker.And still Jose gets more assist than Rondo with less to work with.Jose playing with his harmstring hurt can put better stats than your boy Rondo with a lot less option to work with.

Rondo= Overrated no questions ask.

More shats!
01-23-2009, 08:16 PM
Calderon is meh, I'd prefer Rondo

Off course you are going to pick Rondo beacause you see ther guy on tv every week on national TV and probably have never seen Jose play and if you have is you seen him 2 times a season.When you actualy watch Jose more than just 2 times on the year you can tell people who is better.

kingjames3403
01-23-2009, 08:27 PM
mickeybrneyes, not well said at all. Everybody knows that pierce could do it on his own before Garnett and Allen got there. Maybe not good enough to win a championship, but he made it to the Eastern Conference Finals with Antoine Walker and everyone says the guys terrible. Nobody says Kobe can't get it done without Shaq but i seem to recall that Kobe hasn't won an NBA Championship without Shaq. And last year Kobe had Gasol Bynum Odom Fisher etc. Everybody needs good players around tthem to succeed so your argument is garbage

kingjames3403
01-23-2009, 08:37 PM
personally i like rondo over calderon. calderon is not good for anything other than assists. and why is toronto doing so bad, you traded for jermaine o neal, a guy who has talent and can't get out of his own way. Maybe if he played more than 50 games in a season his team would be good. Kapono is not good at anything besides 3 pt shooting, Bosh is the real deal though

lorenz00
01-23-2009, 08:39 PM
if u guys arguing with calderon vs rondo i would say calderon is better offensive ... passer + shooter and stuff...

Rondo is way better defense than calderon.. put rondo into raptors he'll suck... because he doesn't have the big3 if u put calderon with the big 3 i see jose ditching out 10+ assist per game.. but i think rondo is a good fit for the celtics because of there "Defense thing in boston"

overall player? who is better i think its a tie...

kingjames3403
01-23-2009, 08:42 PM
Just because Rondos on a good team with stars doesnt mean you should discount what hes doing. He is the reason why the Celtics are so good. Look at the game yesterday, they had a stat that says when they lose his field goal percentage is at about 30 percent, minutes are down, assists, steals, and points per game. He is the motor thats running this team, when he struggles the team struggles. Thats why they had that bad stretch. Hes easily a top 10 point guard in this league. Devin Harris is a completely different player from Rondo, harris only scores, Rondo does everything else. Im not sure who I'd rather have. If you want to make a comparison make one with Jason Kidd. Kidd gets boards assists steals just like Rondo, except hes 90 years older

More shats!
01-23-2009, 09:03 PM
personally i like rondo over calderon. calderon is not good for anything other than assists. and why is toronto doing so bad, you traded for jermaine o neal, a guy who has talent and can't get out of his own way. Maybe if he played more than 50 games in a season his team would be good. Kapono is not good at anything besides 3 pt shooting, Bosh is the real deal though

WHAT?I dont even know if i want to reply to this dumb comment .Calderon is not good for anything other than assist?Wow dude you absolutly lost all your credibility with that.Calderon is one of the best shooters in the LG,one of the best playmakers in the LG,He is one of the best in taking care of the basketball,He is one of the best at controling the pace of the game,He rebounds pretty good for a point guard,He is the best free throw shootter in the LG.

Wow dude you kill me with that one.

greg_ory_2005
01-23-2009, 09:07 PM

Just reading that makes your post so funny. You obviously have never seen Jose play. :pity:

dangrant75
01-23-2009, 09:42 PM
I always thought it was a little fishy that Kevin McHale was responsible for handing over Garnett to Ainge and the Celtics when he was being a hard a-s-s with every other team. So no, any other team couldn't have gotten those players.

Kind of like how Jerry West handed Gasol to the Lakers?

More shats!
01-24-2009, 12:22 AM
Just reading that makes your post so funny. You obviously have never seen Jose play. :pity:

Some people just dont know what they are talking about man.Is better if those who dont watch Calderon play just dont even say anything all they do is look like fools.Calderon is not good for anything other than assist?What a joke the dude shoud get ban from this forum.

Jose tonight in his return 23 points,10 assist,2 rebounds,1 steal 9-10 from the field!.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-24-2009, 12:39 AM
Kind of like how Jerry West handed Gasol to the Lakers?

You do know that West no longer worked for the Grizzlies when the trade was made right?

ElMarroAfamado
01-24-2009, 01:00 AM
Rondo would be a bench player on any other team.

yeah probably get like 10-15 mins a game max
the only reason the celtics use him is cuz hes all they got

ElMarroAfamado
01-24-2009, 01:02 AM
I think he is easily top 10 material maybe not top 5 but close. Right now he is in what his 3rd year and already has a championship ring. Not many other point gaurds on the list can say that.

yeah devean george got a ring early too and he has 3
so your point is.........?:pity:

ElMarroAfamado
01-24-2009, 01:04 AM

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Steve Nash
4. Devin Harris
5. Jose Calderon
6. Jason Kidd
7. Rajon Rondo
8. Baron Davis
9. Chauncey Billups
10. Tony Parker

Honorable Mention: Jameer Nelson, Derrick Rose, Andre Miller, Chris Duhon, Raymond Felton

oh my god
guy you cant be serious
ahead of Billups? parker?
its amazing
because i have seen alot of celtics games and rondo misses WIDE OPEN SHOTS
and sometimes his inability to shoot ****s it up for the team
HE ALSO MISSES LAYUPS
he is a mediocre point guard at best but people dont understand that thats all the celtics need
:pity:

ElMarroAfamado
01-24-2009, 01:06 AM
1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Tony Parker
4. Chauncey Billups
5. Devin Harris
6. Steve Nash
7. Jose Calderon
8. Jason Kidd
9. Mike Bibby
10. Rajon Rondo

when the big 3 retire, rondo willl never be heard from again
he will become a journeyman ala mark madsen

ElMarroAfamado
01-24-2009, 01:09 AM
you might all hate rondo but when he head ot head with some of the best pg's in the league rondo puts up better numbers. The other night against the jazz rondo put up better numbers then deron then couple nights later puts up better numbers then steve nash.

you dont understand....even if rondo does get better numbers than those guys...GUESS WHY? because those pgs are usually their teams main guy or one of the big guns
Rondo? no one cares for him hes like kendrik perkins ...bums that other teams dont worry about they go on the "let them get theirs" motto....
let the bums beat us but dont let the big 3 beat us .....

i really dont see whats so hard to understand here.

ElMarroAfamado
01-24-2009, 01:12 AM

well said

:cool:

ElMarroAfamado
01-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Ate Nash alive the other night.

Rondo was injured/crappy for the amount of time the Celts were losing. Before and after they can't lose. He's not the best player on the Celts, but he is the trigger, and they've been beating a tune on Orlando, Miami and other pretend tough teams the past few days.

:pity:

twoearl
01-24-2009, 01:16 AM
Rajon Rondo might be one of the most OVERrated players in the league. He plays good D, and passes ok, but thats about it. He is exactly what boston needs because he just gives the big 3 the ball and gets out the way...lol

Rondo is probably the 14 or 15 best guard in the league if that.

BTownTeamsRKing
01-24-2009, 02:17 AM
u guys underestimate his ability to learn so badly. its off the charts. the kid does not make the same mistake twice. that has to count for something.

he learning and sometimes he looks great, but he still has moments where he looks like a 3rd year PG.

for the most part, he triggers the Celtics pace. he gives the big 3 a big boost when he is attacking and to say anyone could do what he does is so stupid. He is a special PG, he is just young. the kid should be in his SR year of college right now.

he is improving and already has championship so i have nothing to complain about him. and before u guys know it, the jump shot will be there. hes already starting to make his open shots consistently.

the kid has the heart of a champion and without him, the Celtics would be in trouble. he is just gonna take a couple more years before he reaches his potential.

La11
01-24-2009, 02:23 AM
rondo was underrated before the season and now he is getting overrrated this season

KeithLBC
01-24-2009, 03:45 AM

It doesn't matter what you think about kobe being a rapist. That's the great thing about being on a message forum, your posts mean nothing to me.

BTW... my sig must really bother you since you posted twice about it :D

SJSHARKIES
01-24-2009, 04:31 AM
Rajon Rondo is a solid good player, he is overhyped, it's not hard to get the job done when your playing with KG, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. Rondo just has to play solid not great. He just has to distribute and do his role.

bostncelts34
01-24-2009, 10:35 AM
when the big 3 retire, rondo willl never be heard from again
he will become a journeyman ala mark madsen

Please name me a point guard that has led his team to the finals by himself? lol.

bostncelts34
01-24-2009, 10:41 AM
Rajon Rondo is a solid good player, he is overhyped, it's not hard to get the job done when your playing with KG, Paul Pierce and Ray Allen. Rondo just has to play solid not great. He just has to distribute and do his role.

So parker is over rated because he came into the league with duncan and ginobli? and nash is over rated because he had marion,amare,bell and so on.

Thats a lame reasoning. No, rondo is not an all star. What rondo is, is a PERFECT fit for this team. He is a distributing PG who can run the fast break, play solid defense and is one of the best rebounding PG's in the league. Rondo is GREAT at breaking down a defense and making them collapse. Dishing out to PP or Ray for an open jumper. He creates the assist he gets.

What rondo is bad at: Horrible FT shooter, inconsisten at defense sometimes . Inability to shoot the ball, and he sometimes forces bad passes. Overall, hes a very solid pointguard. Who ever said he would only get 10-15 minutes bench time on any other team, stop debating. He would probabaly start for 1/2 the teams in the NBA.

YankeesR#2
01-24-2009, 11:03 AM
Why do you all your post always say something about kobe being a "rapist" blah blah when that has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.Are you just that ignorant?

I posted it because I think he is a rapist and belongs in prison not a basketball court.

If saying that means I'm ignorant then I'll wear that mantle proudly.

YankeesR#2
01-24-2009, 11:25 AM
It doesn't matter what you think about kobe being a rapist. That's the great thing about being on a message forum, your posts mean nothing to me.

BTW... my sig must really bother you since you posted twice about it :D

To be fair my first post was deleted so I think it only counts as once.

That series was my second favorite Boston victory of all time next to the geatest choke in sports history in 2004. What made it even better was the fact that the Lakers were favored even though the Celtics had home court advantage.

I think they will have more trouble this year if they meet, not because of that stiff Bynum but because of the way Kobe played Rondo. The key to stopping the Celtics is to stop Rondo as ridiculous as that may sound.

As far as rooting for the Lakers, the best correlation I can think of is that I used to like Woody Allen movies but I stopped watching them when he married his adopted daughter. I'd like to think if I was a Lakers fan before the Kobe rape I wouldn't be after or at least I would wear a bag over my head so no one would know I was rooting for them.

KGnumber1
01-24-2009, 11:39 AM
i love here the doubters of rondo how many of you can play like him and i know you cant play better than him this guy has potential he is good one day will be an all star and a top 5 pg he is young and has alot to go and how is overated

IndyRealist
01-24-2009, 12:12 PM
i love here the doubters of rondo how many of you can play like him and i know you cant play better than him this guy has potential he is good one day will be an all star and a top 5 pg he is young and has alot to go and how is overated

Well let's see, you say one day he'll be an all-star and top 5 in the league. The OP says he's is the 3rd best PG in the league RIGHT NOW. That would be the definition of overrated....

Wake's Fastball
01-24-2009, 12:43 PM
Well let's see, you say one day he'll be an all-star and top 5 in the league. The OP says he's is the 3rd best PG in the league RIGHT NOW. That would be the definition of overrated....

To be fair, I think he meant to argue that Rondo is the third best young PG in the league, which isn't entirely unreasonable.

futureheisman
01-24-2009, 12:49 PM
he is better then Chris Duhon

KB24PG16
01-24-2009, 12:56 PM
who cares about Rondo other than Celtics fans :confused:

And people say Bynum get's overhyped :laugh:

seriously...so true

jim51990
01-24-2009, 12:59 PM
heres the order
1. paul/d will i personaly am a bigger d will fan but i would never complain with anyone saying paul is better
3. devin harris
4 steve nash
5. rondo
6. parker
7. chauncey

thers the gap after that and for the baron davis and j kid people they are overated greatly

but if you consider monta ellis a pg which he really isnt he is number 5 pushing everybody else down

greg_ory_2005
01-24-2009, 01:05 PM
heres the order
1. paul/d will i personaly am a bigger d will fan but i would never complain with anyone saying paul is better
3. devin harris
4 steve nash
5. rondo
6. parker
7. chauncey

thers the gap after that and for the baron davis and j kid people they are overated greatly

but if you consider monta ellis a pg which he really isnt he is number 5 pushing everybody else down

End thread please, after this hilarious post. Talk about a homer. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

jim51990
01-24-2009, 01:07 PM
that is not a homer pick at all.
he is a great point guard people have to realize this

Frrrrank!!!
01-24-2009, 01:11 PM
I hate these Rondo threads, he is a good young point guard, end of story. He isn't top 3 or top 5 or top 10, he is about 15th. All these threads do is turn into hate threads.:sigh:

IndyRealist
01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
To be fair, I think he meant to argue that Rondo is the third best young PG in the league, which isn't entirely unreasonable.

Well Tony Parker puts up better numbers, has a Finals MVP, and multiple rings. And he's 26. That alone bumps Rondo to 4th even if you're only taking into account young PG's. Calderon's been putting up crazy numbers since last year, Rondo's only come on this year. Devin Harris was respectable in Dallas, and a freak now. That puts Rondo 6th among young PG's. Again, putting him 3rd is overrating him.

KGnumber1
01-24-2009, 01:19 PM

well you right he is not top 3 he is overrated that way but he is at lest on the top 10 all right. Calderon will never pick him over rondo and to really tell everyone no ones opinion really mater not even mines how many of us have a job as an NBA analyst let me see raise of hand nope not any of you have been hired by nba to report or by a sport channel any one nope don't see any hands so the guy is what he is good and if had a jump shoot he would be better aAND I THINK A LOT OF YOU ARE SIPPING WHAT IS CALLED THE HATERADE AND ALSO IF RONDO WERE ON ANY OTHER TEAMS YOU WOULD BE LIKE HE IS GOOD JUST LIKE HOW OTHER PEOPLE THINK PLAYERS SUCK BEACAUSE NOT ON YOUR FAVORITE TEAM SO PLEASE STOP SIPPING HATERADE

IndyRealist
01-24-2009, 02:08 PM
well you right he is not top 3 he is overrated that way but he is at lest on the top 10 all right. Calderon will never pick him over rondo and to really tell everyone no ones opinion really mater not even mines how many of us have a job as an NBA analyst let me see raise of hand nope not any of you have been hired by nba to report or by a sport channel any one nope don't see any hands so the guy is what he is good and if had a jump shoot he would be better aAND I THINK A LOT OF YOU ARE SIPPING WHAT IS CALLED THE HATERADE AND ALSO IF RONDO WERE ON ANY OTHER TEAMS YOU WOULD BE LIKE HE IS GOOD JUST LIKE HOW OTHER PEOPLE THINK PLAYERS SUCK BEACAUSE NOT ON YOUR FAVORITE TEAM SO PLEASE STOP SIPPING HATERADE

Umm...I put Rondo in my top 10...

NYMetros
01-24-2009, 02:13 PM
IMO...

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Chauncey Billups
4. Steve Nash
5. Tony Parker
6. Andre Miller
7. Jose Calderon
8. Mo Williams
9. Mike Bibby
10. Jameer Nelson
11. Derrick Rose
12. Rodney Stuckey
13. Rondo

KeithLBC
01-24-2009, 02:50 PM
Please name me a point guard that has led his team to the finals by himself? lol.

Allen Iverson :D

KeithLBC
01-24-2009, 02:56 PM
To be fair my first post was deleted so I think it only counts as once.

That series was my second favorite Boston victory of all time next to the geatest choke in sports history in 2004. What made it even better was the fact that the Lakers were favored even though the Celtics had home court advantage.

I think they will have more trouble this year if they meet, not because of that stiff Bynum but because of the way Kobe played Rondo. The key to stopping the Celtics is to stop Rondo as ridiculous as that may sound.

As far as rooting for the Lakers, the best correlation I can think of is that I used to like Woody Allen movies but I stopped watching them when he married his adopted daughter. I'd like to think if I was a Lakers fan before the Kobe rape I wouldn't be after or at least I would wear a bag over my head so no one would know I was rooting for them.

Well, the truth is that the fans in my sig are actual "celtic fans" and it's not photoshopped. That says alot about the fanbase when your fans show up with bags on their heads.

Also, I'm not going to debate Kobe's rape charge but let me ask you this. If someone accused you of rape, does that automatically make you a rapist? Just because some money hungry ***** accused him of rape doesn't mean it actually happened.

I don't think Rondo is a bad point guard, I just think he's overrated by 99% of celtics fans. The same could be said about Lakers fans and Andrew Bynum. Anytime anyone posts anything about Bynum everyone makes sure to say he's overrated. Same goes for Rondo, he's a good fit for the Celtics but overrated by NBA standards.

SJSHARKIES
01-24-2009, 04:57 PM
So parker is over rated because he came into the league with duncan and ginobli? and nash is over rated because he had marion,amare,bell and so on.

Thats a lame reasoning. No, rondo is not an all star. What rondo is, is a PERFECT fit for this team. He is a distributing PG who can run the fast break, play solid defense and is one of the best rebounding PG's in the league. Rondo is GREAT at breaking down a defense and making them collapse. Dishing out to PP or Ray for an open jumper. He creates the assist he gets.

What rondo is bad at: Horrible FT shooter, inconsisten at defense sometimes . Inability to shoot the ball, and he sometimes forces bad passes. Overall, hes a very solid pointguard. Who ever said he would only get 10-15 minutes bench time on any other team, stop debating. He would probabaly start for 1/2 the teams in the NBA.

He is still overrated though, he is not even a 10 top PG. Your right though he is a perfect fit for the team. As far as bringing up Parker and Nash, that's a whole different story, they are great point guards. They can carry their teams, Rondo can't do that. He just does his role and is a perfect fit.

yuns554
01-24-2009, 11:10 PM
heres the order
3. devin harris
4 steve nash
5. rondo
6. parker
7. chauncey

this is hilarious
rando is def not better than billups or parker
id even take calderon over rando
and how are baron david and jason kidd overrated?

JIDsanity
01-24-2009, 11:28 PM
Rondo would never say Devin Harris is better than him. Did you watch the 2 Celtics - Nets games last week? Rondo was 2 points away from a triple double one night and 2 points and 1 rebound away from a triple double the next game while completely shutting Devin harris down. 1 game you could say was a fluke but, not 2 games in 4 days. Rondo made Harris look like a college player both games. Go watch the tapes.

"Go watch the tapes" Rondo called Harris the best PG in the east.

JIDsanity
01-24-2009, 11:30 PM
IMO...

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Chauncey Billups
4. Steve Nash
5. Tony Parker
6. Andre Miller
7. Jose Calderon
8. Mo Williams
9. Mike Bibby
10. Jameer Nelson
11. Derrick Rose
12. Rodney Stuckey
13. Rondo

No Devin?:confused:

JIDsanity
01-24-2009, 11:35 PM

What is funny is that no Mods have closed this yet

jcphik
01-24-2009, 11:38 PM
IMO...

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Chauncey Billups
4. Steve Nash
5. Tony Parker
6. Andre Miller
7. Jose Calderon
8. Mo Williams
9. Mike Bibby
10. Jameer Nelson
11. Derrick Rose
12. Rodney Stuckey
13. Rondo

Woaah! I understand that your jealous of Rondo, but c'mon, Stuckey, Nelson, Calderon all above Rondo? BTW, wheres Davis and Kidd?

jim51990
01-25-2009, 12:56 AM
i think we can all agree on one thing must talked about pg.....rondo

jim51990
01-25-2009, 12:57 AM
you guys realy need to get of his dick (people who love him and people who hate him )

DaaBoTownSox
01-25-2009, 02:42 AM
He may not be a great "Shooting" PG, but he can probably play better defense than all those listed. As somebody mentioned earlier, he is still young and still developing. He's only going to get better. He isn't top 5 yet, but he isn't overrated either.

stevefrancis
01-25-2009, 09:04 AM
rafer alston is better than rondo....just kidding don't cry and with you celtic fans go chant mvp for kobe in your stadium again. you should all die for doing that but watch you guys do that again when kg allen and pierce retire in 2 years and you all will be chanting lebron for mvp but what can I say thats what ya'll do.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-25-2009, 12:50 PM
Chris duhon is better than rondo

Iodine
01-25-2009, 01:42 PM
I remember when me and mane where his only fans. Sigh why must he become good?

dawgsfan_45
01-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Woaah! I understand that your jealous of Rondo, but c'mon, Stuckey, Nelson, Calderon all above Rondo? BTW, wheres Davis and Kidd?

Nelson is better than Rondo and Calderon is a zillion times better than Rondo.

IndyRealist
01-25-2009, 01:53 PM
We're still talking about this?

If you say he's top 3, you're overrating him. If you say he's top 5, you're overrating him. If you say he's top 10 you're probably right. If you have him out of the top 15, you're definitely underrating him.

/thread

Morgan
01-25-2009, 05:06 PM
Rondo had 13 points 14 assists 7 rebounds and 4 steals today vs. Dallas. He's been just putting up ridiculous stats for the past couple weeks. He has a very similar game to a young Jason Kidd but, Kidd is a better shooter and rebounder and, Rondo is a better defender and way more athletic. This kid just gets better every time I see him play.

Morgan
01-25-2009, 05:10 PM
Nelson is better than Rondo and Calderon is a zillion times better than Rondo.

You could take Nelson and Calderon and combine them and Rondo would still be twice as good. Calderon is the most overrated PG in the NBA. Nelson is way better than Calderon but, Rondo is still better than him. Rondo schooled Nelson Thursday night fairly easily.

BoSox47
01-25-2009, 05:30 PM
Rondo vs Jason kidd today and rondo had 13 pts 14 assists 7 rebounds and 4 steals. Jason kidd 6 points 7 rebounds 5 assists. Rondo keeps doing better then the opposing point guard night in and night out

Cubs Win
01-25-2009, 05:34 PM
How many Rondo threads do we need? We understand, Boston fans think he's a top 5 PG and everyone else says maybe top 10 or 15.

BoSox47
01-25-2009, 05:45 PM
Rondo against other top pg's in the league:

Utah game: W=Rondo
Rondo 25 pts 9 rebounds 8 assists
Deron Williams 15 points 3 reoubnds 7 assists

Dallas game: W=Rondo
Rondo:13 pts 14 assists 7 rebounds
Kidd:6pts 7 rebounds 5 assists

Orlando: Tie maybe loss for rondo
Rondo: 9pts 8 rebounds 2 assists
Nelson: 17 points 3 asists 2 rebounds

Suns:Rondo Wins
Rondo: 23pts 7 assist 5 rebounds
Nash: 12 pts 8 assists 4 rebounds

Nets: Win rondo
Rondo: 8pts 14 assists 9 rebounds
Harris: 7pts 1 assist 0 rebounds

Lost to chris paul and calerdon but mainly has beat out the top pg's in the league id say rondo is top 5 in league

bloomerfan1
01-25-2009, 05:46 PM

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Rajon Rondo???

I havent seen a guard or any one player for that matter able to keep up with Rondo he has such a quick first couple steps.I seen him blow by Chris Paul and Alan Iverson

JIDsanity
01-25-2009, 06:12 PM
I get the feeling like Boston fans make these threads just to tease, cause they know Rondo really isn't that good. I don't see how anyone could say Rondo is a great player, nor do I see how someone could call him an allstar. I really don't.

JIDsanity
01-25-2009, 06:15 PM
Rondo against other top pg's in the league:

Utah game: W=Rondo
Rondo 25 pts 9 rebounds 8 assists
Deron Williams 15 points 3 reoubnds 7 assists

Dallas game: W=Rondo
Rondo:13 pts 14 assists 7 rebounds
Kidd:6pts 7 rebounds 5 assists

Orlando: Tie maybe loss for rondo
Rondo: 9pts 8 rebounds 2 assists
Nelson: 17 points 3 asists 2 rebounds

Suns:Rondo Wins
Rondo: 23pts 7 assist 5 rebounds
Nash: 12 pts 8 assists 4 rebounds

Nets: Win rondo
Rondo: 8pts 14 assists 9 rebounds
Harris: 7pts 1 assist 0 rebounds

Lost to chris paul and calerdon but mainly has beat out the top pg's in the league id say rondo is top 5 in league

You mean against old PG's, a PG coming back from an injury, and another injured PG who didn't play the second half. Your not fooling anyone with that. Rondo may be on par with Kidd now I give you that, but Kidd in his prime, Nash right now, Nelson right now, Devin right now, and Deron right now **** on Rondo

dawgsfan_45
01-25-2009, 06:15 PM
You could take Nelson and Calderon and combine them and Rondo would still be twice as good. Calderon is the most overrated PG in the NBA. Nelson is way better than Calderon but, Rondo is still better than him. Rondo schooled Nelson Thursday night fairly easily.

Are you serious right now? Rondo wouldnt be as near as good as he is now if he didnt have KG, Paul Pierce, and Ray Allen to dump the ball of to.

jrice9
01-25-2009, 06:27 PM
Why is calderon overrated when he has the best assist to turnover ratio in the league twice in a row (injuries this year but he is still leading it), along with some of the best percentages in the league. Rondo has the defense but calderon is the most efficent

netsfan91
01-25-2009, 06:33 PM
wat the hell? rondo? numba 3 is Harris of course

KGnumber1
01-25-2009, 06:40 PM
Holly crap all of you get of of rondos NUTS and most of you stop sipping haterade if you dont like him well **** you he is a good player **** calderon all right if you dont like him get off the post damn let the guy be HE IS GOOD AND STILL HAS ROOM TO IMPROVE HE IS TOP 10 DONT HATE STOP SIPPING HATERADE AND OF COURSE CELTICS FAN LIKE HIM BECAUSE HE IS ON THEIR TEAM

twoearl
01-25-2009, 07:02 PM
Do some of you understand basketball? The reason rondo even scores any points it that the game plan is to sag of him and double and triple team the big 3. So rondo is basically open on ever play!

How many times have you seen him brick a wide open J, or drive to the rack and throw up some bs layup that clangs of the backboard?

NyYaNkEeS 91
01-25-2009, 07:27 PM
rondo is nowhere near the same league as paul and deron

Corey
01-25-2009, 07:33 PM
He's only overrated by a handful of people. If you think he's top 5, he's overrated.

I think he's around #10 in the league, personally. MAYBE #9.

oballerc75
01-25-2009, 08:00 PM
Fisher>>>>>> rondo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Iodine
01-25-2009, 08:07 PM

I lol'd

Morgan
01-25-2009, 09:18 PM

LOL. There isn't one coach in the NBA that would take Fisher over Rondo including Phil Jackson.

Morgan
01-25-2009, 09:23 PM
You mean against old PG's, a PG coming back from an injury, and another injured PG who didn't play the second half. Your not fooling anyone with that. Rondo may be on par with Kidd now I give you that, but Kidd in his prime, Nash right now, Nelson right now, Devin right now, and Deron right now **** on Rondo

Actually you got it twisted. Rondo **** on all them players especially Devin Harris. Two games last week against the Nets in four days and Rondo completely shut Harris down and, blew by him with ease all night long. If it was one game you could maybe say Rondo was lucky but, two games in four days and he schooled Harris both times? That's no fluke.

bostncelts34
01-25-2009, 09:36 PM
im not saying rondo is better than Nash,harris and so on. But he sure as hell did **** on Nash, harris and so on everytime they play.

Only guy i see rondo never playing well against is Chris paul.

SplenidSplinter
01-25-2009, 09:38 PM
Who the heck said he is the number 3 point guard. No way. Granted, we would not have won the Championship without him, but there are at least 6 better PG's than him. And please, DO NOT put Chris Duhon ahead of him. That is just false. If Duhon were on an actual real NBA team, and not the Knicks and previously the Bulls, he would probably average about 8-10 mins a game. Just another overated Duke player.

griffyatl
01-25-2009, 09:51 PM
I wonder if many of these people that regard Rondo as one of the top point guards live in Boston Nation??? Rondo is a bum he isn't even in the top 15 in point guards, Jordan Farmar is a much better player.

Rondo reminds me of a lil improved Smush Parker.

SplenidSplinter
01-25-2009, 10:04 PM
FARMAR???? Wow. That is a stretch. Yes, I am a Celtics fan, and I do not think that Rondo is a top PG, but to say Farmar is better, is insane.

Morgan
01-25-2009, 11:12 PM
I wonder if many of these people that regard Rondo as one of the top point guards live in Boston Nation??? Rondo is a bum he isn't even in the top 15 in point guards, Jordan Farmar is a much better player.

Rondo reminds me of a lil improved Smush Parker.

Rondo is better than Fisher and Farmar combined. Rondo is a 10 times better defender than Farmar, he is a way better passer, he's way more athletic, he's way faster, he's can rebound so much better. The only thing Farmar has on him is shooting so how on Earth is he a petter PG? You are a fool if you really believe that.

toronto_JazzFan
01-25-2009, 11:16 PM

wheres jose calderon in this?

MilfHunter07
01-25-2009, 11:16 PM
Rondo is top 10 right now as a PG. CP3, Williams, Parker, Harris, Billups, Rose, B.Davis, A.I, Jose, and Nelson, I have all these PG's ahead of him in no order. Throw up between him and Nelson.

Morgan
01-25-2009, 11:24 PM
Rondo is top 10 right now as a PG. CP3, Williams, Parker, Harris, Billups, Rose, B.Davis, A.I, Jose, and Nelson, I have all these PG's ahead of him in no order. Throw up between him and Nelson.

Calderon is definitely not better than Rondo. Calderon is probably the most overrated player in the NBA. After watching Rondo completely shut down Devin Harris twice in 4 nights, repeatedly blow by him for easy layups, and drop mad dimes on him I think Rondo is better than Harris. It's close but Rondo is a little better because he can shut Harris down and Harris can't shut him down. As for Rose I think he will be a top 3 PG in basketball in a few years but, he's not there yet so, I think Rondo is better than him as of right now. When have you ever seen Harris get 14 assists in a game twice in one week? Never

toronto_JazzFan
01-25-2009, 11:34 PM
Calderon is definitely not better than Rondo. Calderon is probably the most overrated player in the NBA. After watching Rondo completely shut down Devin Harris twice in 4 nights, repeatedly blow by him for easy layups, and drop mad dimes on him I think Rondo is better than Harris. It's close but Rondo is a little better because he can shut Harris down and Harris can't shut him down. As for Rose I think he will be a top 3 PG in basketball in a few years but, he's not there yet so, I think Rondo is better than him as of right now. When have you ever seen Harris get 14 assists in a game twice in one week? Never

Calderon is the most over rated word your a hater! even kg , ray allen, Paul pierce would tell u they would love to have him as pg any day instead of rondo no offense to rondo but hes lucky delonte west wasnt there or else rondo would ahve been a back up.

Morgan
01-25-2009, 11:57 PM
Calderon is the most over rated word your a hater! even kg , ray allen, Paul pierce would tell u they would love to have him as pg any day instead of rondo no offense to rondo but hes lucky delonte west wasnt there or else rondo would ahve been a back up.

They would never take Calderon over Rondo. I guarantee you they would never take Calderon. Rondo is already better than Calderon and he's getting better every single game. Calderon is at his maxium potential already. Rondo is a better rebounder, a way better defender, way more athletic, and just as good of a passer. The only thing Calderon can do better is shoot. KG and Pierce rave about Rondo before every game.l They always say that he's the key to their sucess. When Rondo plays great the Celtics win and win by a wide margin. He's the engine that keeps that machine running. When he has a bad game they end up losing. Look Pierce only scored 8 points today but they won by over 20 points because Rondo had 13 points 14 assists 7 rebounds and 4 steals. Let's see Calderon fill a stat sheet like that. It will never happen. So sorry my man.

Teeboy1487
01-26-2009, 12:07 AM
Rondo is a good passer and maybe a good defender. However, your thread failed.

Morgan
01-26-2009, 02:18 AM
Rondo is a good passer and maybe a good defender. However, your thread failed.

No the thread is 100% accurate because Rajon Rondo is a better basketball player than Jose Calderon is. There's nothing more to explain. It is what it is.

toronto_JazzFan
01-26-2009, 09:28 AM
check out how many times he turns the ball over compared to rondo, calderon is leading the league in assit. to turnover ratio, rondos career started when celtics traded all there trading pieces that ppl wanted, cuz if rondo was soo good he would have been a starter ever since he went to the celtics, im not gonna lie hes probably top 15-20, but not top 10.

The Answer3
01-26-2009, 09:37 AM
A top 10 PG at best. Sorry, but a PG whose range doesn't exceed 10 ft can't be called a top 3 PG in the L. I know a PGs primary job isn't to score or shoot but its always a bonus. Add in the fact that, he's the 4th option on his team unlike Deron, Paul, Nash etc. He's a good passer and a decent defender. An above average PG.

rathauneak
01-26-2009, 10:01 AM
I'm a Celts fan and I'd say top 10. No matter what team he plays for, big 3 or no big 3, he'd play the same way. He gets to the bucket, makes the right pass during the half court and on fast breaks, plays good D, and he's a good rebounder. If he were starting for another team today, his assist would probably drop, but I think his ppg would go up as well (especially if he worked on his J).

bostncelts34
01-26-2009, 10:43 AM
check out how many times he turns the ball over compared to rondo, calderon is leading the league in assit. to turnover ratio, rondos career started when celtics traded all there trading pieces that ppl wanted, cuz if rondo was soo good he would have been a starter ever since he went to the celtics, im not gonna lie hes probably top 15-20, but not top 10.

not true. You dont ever see a 20's draft pick come into a franchise and start over a soild player like west. It wouldnt happen. Once they traded west (wanting to keep rondo). He got the spot.

bostncelts34
01-26-2009, 10:45 AM
A top 10 PG at best. Sorry, but a PG whose range doesn't exceed 10 ft can't be called a top 3 PG in the L. I know a PGs primary job isn't to score or shoot but its always a bonus. Add in the fact that, he's the 4th option on his team unlike Deron, Paul, Nash etc. He's a good passer and a decent defender. An above average PG.

Complete agree. Hes a very soild PG, and he is a distributer. Not a scorer. You cannot put rondo with the best in the league. I would rank rondo somewhere between 7-10. Even though hes not a good shooter, he finds ways to score and fills up the stat sheet in every way. (dallas- 13 pts, 14 assist, 7 rebs, 4 stls) who wouldnt want a pg like that? Rondo has had one triple double this year, and close to about 6 of them by a few rebounds.

Morgan
01-26-2009, 11:16 AM

What the hell are you even talking about? He's only in his 3rd year and he started thr 2nd half of his rookie season because they gave Telfair a shot considering they traded the #7 pick in the draft to get him. Calderon is averaging 2.0 turnovers a game and Rondo is averaging 2.6. That's a half a turnover more. If Rondo isn't top 10 then Calderon isn't top 20 because Rondo is just way better than Calderon. The Raptors GM would trade Calderon for Rondo in a heartbeat. He'd probably throw in a draft pick to get the deal done.

Morgan
01-26-2009, 11:26 AM
I'm a Celts fan and I'd say top 10. No matter what team he plays for, big 3 or no big 3, he'd play the same way. He gets to the bucket, makes the right pass during the half court and on fast breaks, plays good D, and he's a good rebounder. If he were starting for another team today, his assist would probably drop, but I think his ppg would go up as well (especially if he worked on his J).

Definitely! The big 3 don't make Rondo a great rebounder. They don't make him a great one-on-one defender. They don't make him athletic and give him his great speed and make him a great passer. Those are all gifts he possessed when he was at Kentucky. The big 3 actually take away from him scoring because he doesn't have to but, he just gets to the basket so easliy and blows by any PG in basketball so, I could see him averaging 17 ppg on a bad team.

bagwell368
01-26-2009, 12:05 PM
Calderon and Rondo are very different players.

* all stats '08: http://www.basketball-reference.com/leagues/NBA_2009_leaders.html

Calderon is a great 3 pt shooter (2nd), FT shooter (1st), 4th in assists per game, 1st offensive rating. Not in the top 20 in any defensive categories, not top 20 overall win share rating. In fact his D has to be below #40 not to show up in the top 20 in overall win shares - given his offense.

Rondo is 2nd in Assists, 2nd in steals, 7th in assists per game, 3rd in steals per game, Rondo 5th in defense, 4th in defensive win shares. 14th in Win Shares.

So, Calderon shoots like a #2, has a good passing game, and is not much on defense. He'll be 28 in September, so he is at or near his peak.

Rondo doesn't have a shot, has a fine passing game, and is a very good defensive player. Overall his ratings are more impressive, and he'll be 23 in February. I would not trade Rondo for Calderon if I were the Celts. But some teams might because they have other needs. Calderon could play a #2, and Rondo never could.

Verdict: Rondo, but not by a lot.

lakers4sho
01-26-2009, 12:34 PM
Right now, Calderon has a more refined game and is the more prototype-PG than Rondo.

In a few years? I don't know. If Rondo continues to improve then he should be one of the best in the league.

But then again, if all players continue to improve they should be the top players in the league.

JIDsanity
01-26-2009, 12:57 PM
Actually you got it twisted. Rondo **** on all them players especially Devin Harris. Two games last week against the Nets in four days and Rondo completely shut Harris down and, blew by him with ease all night long. If it was one game you could maybe say Rondo was lucky but, two games in four days and he schooled Harris both times? That's no fluke.

Ok your going in my sig, you asked for it.

toronto_JazzFan
01-26-2009, 01:07 PM
dont get me wrong i like rondos game but i just dont think hes better then calderon. alot of ppl will agree with me and alot wont but i strongly dont think rondos game is better then calderon, no matter how many triple doubles hes had or come close to because bob sura had 3 straight triple doubles would u say hes better then rondo. i dont think so. so dont bring up triple doubles and all those other stats. this is rondos real position in the nba a back up point guard so he can spark a teams offense.

Morgan
01-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Ok your going in my sig, you asked for it.

Your from New Jersey so you must have watched the 2 Celtics - Nets games last week and if you did you obviously saw Rondo eat Devin Harris up because the rest of the country did unless you were blinded by a cum shot to the eyes from your boyfriend.

IndyRealist
01-26-2009, 01:45 PM
Morgan's just asking to be banned.

IndyRealist
01-26-2009, 02:00 PM
I've got a question for the Rondo supporters:

If Rondo really is a top 5, top 10, top whatever point guard, then why are the Celtics pursuing Stephen Marbury?

http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319463

Is Marbury really going to be happy coming off the bench? He's always been a me-first player, not a team-first guy. If Rondo comes off the bench, then is he really better than Marbury?

BTownTeamsRKing
01-26-2009, 02:05 PM

If Rondo really is a top 5, top 10, top whatever point guard, then why are the Celtics pursuing Stephen Marbury?

Is Marbury really going to be happy coming off the bench? He's always been a me-first player, not a team-first guy. If Rondo comes off the bench, then is he really better than Marbury?

he would be off the bench. see the thing is if he comes to Boston, I want him to take over when he comes in off the bench. when the big 3 are sitting, starbury would great to have.

would u rather have starbury thrown up shots or pruitt and House?

Frrrrank!!!
01-26-2009, 02:05 PM

If we get Marbury he would only be a bench player, and if Doc started Marbury and sat Rondo I'd hunt him down.:mad:

IndyRealist
01-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Didn't Marbury say in preseason, "I am not a bench player."??? So again, why are the Celtics pursuing him if Rondo is a clear cut top whatever PG?

brownruffryder
01-26-2009, 02:32 PM
This is the rating purely based on average stats from this season so far.
The ranking takes every category into account.

1. Chris Paul
FG FT 3pt Pts Reb Ast Stl Blk TO
.500 .867 0.7 21.2 5.4 11.0 2.7 0.2 3.0

2. Chauncey Billups
.415 .906 2.0 18.7 2.6 6.7 1.4 0.2 2.2

3. Jason Kidd
.408 .800 1.6 9.0 6.5 8.2 2.2 0.5 2.4

4. Jose Caledron
.510 1.000 1.5 13.3 3.2 8.6 0.9 0.0 2.0

5. Mike Bibby
.449 .811 2.5 16.2 3.6 5.6 1.4 0.1 1.6

6. Jameer Nelson
.503 .878 1.9 17.1 3.4 5.3 1.2 0.1 2.0

7. Devin Harris
.446 .828 0.8 21.8 3.0 6.4 1.6 0.2 2.8

8. Steve Nash
.480 .947 1.6 13.9 3.3 9.2 0.7 0.2 3.7

9. Chris Duhon
.428 .869 1.7 12.7 3.9 7.9 1.2 0.1 2.9

10. Andre Miller
.479 .829 0.3 16.1 4.2 6.3 1.2 0.2 2.4

11. Rajon Rondo
.504 .628 0.2 10.9 5.0 8.0 2.2 0.2 2.6

Sorry these are based only on stats, not my opinon

brownruffryder
01-26-2009, 02:39 PM
The above was not organized so i organized it
These are the rating purely based on average stats from this season so far.
The ranking takes every category into account.

1. Chris Paul
.500 .867 0.7 21.2 5.4 11.0 2.7 0.2 3.0

2. Chauncey Billups
.415 .906 2.0 18.7 2.6 6.7 1.4 0.2 2.2

3. Jason Kidd
.408 .800 1.6 9.0 6.5 8.2 2.2 0.5 2.4

4. Jose Caledron
.510 1.000 1.5 13.3 3.2 8.6 0.9 0.0 2.0

5. Mike Bibby
.449 .811 2.5 16.2 3.6 5.6 1.4 0.1 1.6

6. Jameer Nelson
.503 .878 1.9 17.1 3.4 5.3 1.2 0.1 2.0

7. Devin Harris
.446 .828 0.8 21.8 3.0 6.4 1.6 0.2 2.8

8. Steve Nash
.480 .947 1.6 13.9 3.3 9.2 0.7 0.2 3.7

9. Chris Duhon
.428 .869 1.7 12.7 3.9 7.9 1.2 0.1 2.9

10. Andre Miller
.479 .829 0.3 16.1 4.2 6.3 1.2 0.2 2.4

11. Rajon Rondo
.504 .628 0.2 10.9 5.0 8.0 2.2 0.2 2.6

Sorry these are based only on stats, not my opinon

jimbobjarree
01-26-2009, 02:41 PM
wheres deron?

IndyRealist
01-26-2009, 02:45 PM
wheres deron?

The list probably does not include players who haven't played at least 85% of the possible games.

brownruffryder
01-26-2009, 02:46 PM
For some reason it won't let me organize it properly, its okay.

My opinon based on a pure point guard, pass first, shoot second.
1. Paul
2. D Williams (racks up assists)
3. Nash (still the only PG to win MVP)
4. Kidd (does everything well)
5. Calderon (best at keeping ball safe, sick free throws)
6. Billups (MR. CLUTCH)
7. Andre Miller (underrated)
8. Devin Harris (shoot first guy)
9. Parker (shoot first, not a pass guy)
10. Baron Davis (horrible shooter)
11. Nelson
12. Bibby
13. Rondo (still overrated)

brownruffryder
01-26-2009, 02:47 PM
The list probably does not include players who haven't played at least 85% of the possible games.

williams had a bad start, he's 13 if i included him, but i'm sure he'll bounce back. He's been doing really well lately.

These are AVG stats, so it doesnt matter how much you played

Morgan
01-26-2009, 03:49 PM
Didn't Marbury say in preseason, "I am not a bench player."??? So again, why are the Celtics pursuing him if Rondo is a clear cut top whatever PG?

Marbury already knows he'll be coming off the bench if he ends up in Boston. We need him for bench scoring. He'll never start a game at PG in a Celtics uniform.

Morgan
01-26-2009, 03:52 PM

1. Paul
6. Billups (MR. CLUTCH)
11. Nelson
12. Bibby

Calderon at number 5. :laugh2:

More shats!
01-26-2009, 04:34 PM
The mods need to lock this joke of of a thread.Rondo can't even carry Calderon bags and now he is a top 3 point guard in the LG?What a joke.Go back to school kid you might learn something there.Calderon owns Rondo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNysIRYObjM

Look at jose breaking down the so call great defender Rondo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAgz50UcETc&feature=related

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-26-2009, 04:35 PM
3rd best is extremely overrated.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-26-2009, 04:36 PM

1. Paul
6. Billups (MR. CLUTCH)
11. Nelson
12. Bibby

What about Mo Williams...

JIDsanity
01-26-2009, 04:47 PM

I almost forgot about Mo, He is better than Rondo also. Morgan doesn't think so, he thinks Rondo is the greatest thing the to ever grace the Celtics basketball court. He even sent me a little nasty message, with 4 games Rondo played well in.

JIDsanity
01-26-2009, 05:01 PM
Your from New Jersey so you must have watched the 2 Celtics - Nets games last week and if you did you obviously saw Rondo eat Devin Harris up because the rest of the country did unless you were blinded by a cum shot to the eyes from your boyfriend.

This is a reflection of how ignorant you are. I'm not from New Jersey. My Bro is a Celtic's fan if that helps. He's been one his entire life, he's no bandwagon rider. He would never overrate Rondo the way you are, but it's expected from someone who is 4 years old.

SJSHARKIES
01-30-2009, 11:19 PM

List of players better than Rondo in no particular order:

Nash, Paul, Williams, Tony Parker, Billups, A-Miller, Devin Harris, Mo Williams, Kidd, Baron Davis, Stuckey, Jason Terry, Jameer Nelson, Rose, Arenas(when healthy of course), Calderon....ect... There are more.

He's not a scorer, can't shoot, he finds his teammates. The problem I have with this is that he is playing with Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, three great players. It's not hard to find your teammates if your surrounded by players like that. If he was on a "bad team," he would be terrible to have as your starting PG. He gets the job I will admit that but NO WAY IS HE TOP 10. NO WAY AT ALL.

SJSHARKIES
01-30-2009, 11:21 PM
He does his role, he gets the job done doesn't make him a top 10 PG in the league.

lorenz00
01-30-2009, 11:27 PM
rondo sucks lol put him out of celtics he wont do ****

Morgan
01-30-2009, 11:41 PM
List of players better than Rondo in no particular order:

Nash, Paul, Williams, Tony Parker, Billups, A-Miller, Devin Harris, Mo Williams, Kidd, Baron Davis, Stuckey, Jason Terry, Jameer Nelson, Rose, Arenas(when healthy of course), Calderon....ect... There are more.

He's not a scorer, can't shoot, he finds his teammates. The problem I have with this is that he is playing with Ray Allen, Paul Pierce, Kevin Garnett, three great players. It's not hard to find your teammates if your surrounded by players like that. If he was on a "bad team," he would be terrible to have as your starting PG. He gets the job I will admit that but NO WAY IS HE TOP 10. NO WAY AT ALL.

:laugh2: That's really funny. Devin Harris is the only one of those PG's highlighted that has even close to the amount of talent that Rondo has but, since Rondo ate him up twice in 4 days I say Rondo has more skills. Calderon, Stuckey, and Jameer Nelson aren't in the same league. Rondo is 10 times more athletic then those fools. Derrick Rose will be great but, right now Rondo is a better PG. If Rondo played for the Bulls, Nets, or Raptors he would be averaging 18 ppg 9 apg 6.5rpg 2.2spg. Basically all the same stats he has now but he would score more. None of those PG's will ever be the starter on a championship team guaranteed. Not enough balls or skill.

SJSHARKIES
01-30-2009, 11:52 PM
:laugh2: That's really funny. Devin Harris is the only one of those PG's highlighted that has even close to the amount of talent that Rondo has but, since Rondo ate him up twice in 4 days I say Rondo has more skills. Calderon, Stuckey, and Jameer Nelson aren't in the same league. Rondo is 10 times more athletic then those fools. Derrick Rose will be great but, right now Rondo is a better PG. If Rondo played for the Bulls, Nets, or Raptors he would be averaging 18 ppg 9 apg 6.5rpg 2.2spg. Basically all the same stats he has now but he would score more. None of those PG's will ever be the starter on a championship team guaranteed. Not enough balls or skill.

HMM no these are all better players. Rondo can't score to save his life, terrible free throw shooter, terrible shooter PERIOD. TOO FUNNY 18 points a game hahahahaha. You do know that he has 3 great players that make him look better than he actually is. That's how he gets his points his teammates draw attention. If he was on a bad team and was a focal point that would be disastrous. :laugh:

lakers4sho
01-30-2009, 11:52 PM

exactly that's why Nelson is an All-Star and Rondo isn't...they aren't in the same league.

SJSHARKIES
01-30-2009, 11:53 PM
Your way too funny.

Morgan
01-30-2009, 11:56 PM
exactly that's why Nelson is an All-Star and Rondo isn't...they aren't in the same league.

Do you actually think Nelson should have been in the All Star game though? He took Ray Allen's and Mo Williams spot. He's no All Star. That's like saying David West is better than Al Jefferson because West made the All Stae game. Jefferson is way better than David West and everybody knows it. Nelson will is a good shooter but, his defense and rebounding sucks. He's not an all around PG like Rondo is.

CraigtheSoxFan
01-30-2009, 11:56 PM
you are a tool rondo is the future get over it laker punk

SJSHARKIES
01-31-2009, 12:01 AM
you are a tool rondo is the future get over it laker punk

get over the fact that he isn't top 10 in the league and if he is the future of the point guard position than the NBA is doomed.

jrice9
01-31-2009, 12:06 AM
There is no way calderon is not in the same league in rondo. He shoots better percentages, and gets more points as the third option, has a much better assist to turnover rating ?(really huge even though rondo has an amazing team), and just controls the pace. Athleticism and defense can only get so much. Stats tell that rondo isnt that good and he's the 4th option and still scores alot less than calderon (third option) on more shots. I really think rondo has a bright future but he isnt better than calderon and saying so is silly

Morgan
01-31-2009, 12:11 AM
get over the fact that he isn't top 10 in the league and if he is the future of the point guard position than the NBA is doomed.

He's easily a top 10 PG in the league. CP3, Deron Williams, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups, Devin Harris, are the only PG's better than Rondo. Nash isn't anymore and, Nelson and Calderon are the most overrated PG's in basketball. Rondo's game is close to what Jason Kidd's game was when he was younger except Kidd can shoot better and Rondo is faster and is a little better defender. Rondo fills up a stat sheet better than any PG in the NBA right now and, you want your PG to be able to do everything. A good defensive PG is so much more important to have than a guy who is going to score 20 ppg but, give up 25 ppg because his defense sucks.

Morgan
01-31-2009, 12:15 AM
There is no way calderon is not in the same league in rondo. He shoots better percentages, and gets more points as the third option, has a much better assist to turnover rating ?(really huge even though rondo has an amazing team), and just controls the pace. Athleticism and defense can only get so much. Stats tell that rondo isnt that good and he's the 4th option and still scores alot less than calderon (third option) on more shots. I really think rondo has a bright future but he isnt better than calderon and saying so is silly

Calderon is the most overrated PG in basketball. His defense is terrible. If he scores 18 points in a game he'll let the PG he's defending score 25 points that game. Rondo is a way better rebounder. He's faster and not injury prone. I would say 75% of the coaches in the NBA would take Rondo over Calderon if they could choose between the two.

lakers4sho
01-31-2009, 12:23 AM
Do you actually think Nelson should have been in the All Star game though? He took Ray Allen's and Mo Williams spot. He's no All Star. That's like saying David West is better than Al Jefferson because West made the All Stae game. Jefferson is way better than David West and everybody knows it. Nelson will is a good shooter but, his defense and rebounding sucks. He's not an all around PG like Rondo is.

Rondo can't shoot J's even when he's wide open. It's ironic that you call out Nelson for not being an all-around PG while Rondo isn't all-around himself. Nelson also has a higher PER meaning he's the more efficient player of the two, despite having lesser talent around him.

Morgan
01-31-2009, 12:29 AM
Rondo can't shoot J's even when he's wide open. It's ironic that you call out Nelson for not being an all-around PG while Rondo isn't all-around himself. Nelson also has a higher PER meaning he's the more efficient player of the two, despite having lesser talent around him.

If you have been watching Rondo play over the past month you'd know that he's been shooting the ball really good. He's been hitting a lot more 15ft to 18ft jumpers than he's been missing. He's actually been hitting some 3 pointers too. His shot is dramatically improving and, that's the main reason why his stats have been through the roof while the Celts have been on this 10 game win streak. He's shooting really well and, if he keeps it up he's going to be unstoppable.Look his 3 point % is up to 33%.

Morgan
01-31-2009, 12:46 AM
Here's a few of Rondo's stats.

6th in the NBA in assists (8.0)
15th in the NBA in FG% (.51%) That's not PG's that's the whole NBA
4th in the NBA in steals (2.15)
8th in the NBA in assists per turnover (3.09)
3rd in the NBA in total assists (377)
2nd in the NBA in total steals (101)
18th in the NBA in steals per turnover (.83)
4th in the NBA in assists per 48 minutes (11.9)
3rd in the NBA in steals per 48 minutes (3.19)

In my opinion those stats mean more than points per game. Rondo only plays 32 minutes per game which makes the per 48 minutes stats really important. Rondo does all the things that a PG on a championship winning team needs to do. I enjoy watching quick, defensive orientated point guards. Other people might like to watch point guards that can shoot the lights out. It's all everyone's own opinion though.

lakers4sho
01-31-2009, 12:51 AM
I agree that Rondo's something. But he's not in the top 5 in my book. Probably somewhere near the bottom of my top 10 list.

Morgan
01-31-2009, 12:58 AM
I agree that Rondo's something. But he's not in the top 5 in my book. Probably somewhere near the bottom of my top 10 list.

I agree. I have him somewhere around #7 or #8. Definitely not top 5 though.

SJSHARKIES
01-31-2009, 01:18 AM
He's easily a top 10 PG in the league. CP3, Deron Williams, Tony Parker, Chauncey Billups, Devin Harris, are the only PG's better than Rondo. Nash isn't anymore and, Nelson and Calderon are the most overrated PG's in basketball. Rondo's game is close to what Jason Kidd's game was when he was younger except Kidd can shoot better and Rondo is faster and is a little better defender. Rondo fills up a stat sheet better than any PG in the NBA right now and, you want your PG to be able to do everything. A good defensive PG is so much more important to have than a guy who is going to score 20 ppg but, give up 25 ppg because his defense sucks.

You want your PG to do a little of everything I agree, but he still isn't top 10. To say that Rondo is better than Nash or Nelson. How about NO.

SJSHARKIES
01-31-2009, 01:19 AM
The bolded part I disagree.

Morgan
01-31-2009, 01:23 AM
Rondo's statistics up against the whole NBA says the he is a top 10 PG SJSHARKIES. You can't debate facts.

That's in 32 minutes a game.

carlo4444
01-31-2009, 01:58 AM

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Steve Nash
4. Devin Harris
5. Jose Calderon
6. Jason Kidd
7. Rajon Rondo
8. Baron Davis
9. Chauncey Billups
10. Tony Parker

no mention for Mo willams? and i wouldnt have rondo in the top 10..i would take baron chauncey parker and mo over rondo.:eyebrow:

Morgan
01-31-2009, 02:53 AM
no mention for Mo willams? and i wouldnt have rondo in the top 10..i would take baron chauncey parker and mo over rondo.:eyebrow:

I would take Rondo over Baron Davis and Mo Williams all day everyday.

legendkillerv2
01-31-2009, 12:26 PM

Who ever made that list is stupid Rondo over TP and Billups. Give me a freaking break....

BTownTeamsRKing
01-31-2009, 12:44 PM
Rondo's statistics up against the whole NBA says the he is a top 10 PG SJSHARKIES. You can't debate facts.

That's in 32 minutes a game.

good stuff. especially the bolded stat

he is somewhere b/w 8 and 13th best PG depending on personal opinion

BTownTeamsRKing
01-31-2009, 12:51 PM
to me theres levels of players

1st level: CP3, Dwill, TP, Billupts
1.5: Harris, Nash
2nd: Rondo, Ford, Calderon, Nelson, Kidd
3rd: A. Miller, Fisher

u get the point.

jrice9
01-31-2009, 12:51 PM
Calderon is the most overrated PG in basketball. His defense is terrible. If he scores 18 points in a game he'll let the PG he's defending score 25 points that game. Rondo is a way better rebounder. He's faster and not injury prone. I would say 75% of the coaches in the NBA would take Rondo over Calderon if they could choose between the two.

His defense isnt that terrible. Its below average which I achnowledge but statistically your wrong. He allows about the averages to the pgs. Rondo is better defensively, and is a better rebounder which is something I dont give a **** about since he is a pg. Calderon has one injury in his entire career which was this year that isnt injury prone. Rondo is quicker but as stated Calderon is better offensively in assists to turnovers, plain assists, points and all three percentages which means he is a much better offensive player. Rondo may get better in a couple years but right now he's not. I think leaving contract and age asside for a one year thing 80 +% of coaches in the take Calderon because he unlike Rondo does everything you need on offense from a point guard while rondo turns it over more, doesnt rack up more assists despite having great teamates who can score at will, and is a lousy shooter.

MilfHunter07
01-31-2009, 01:01 PM
to me theres levels of players

1st level: CP3, Dwill, TP, Billupts
1.5: Harris, Nash
2nd: Rondo, Ford, Calderon, Nelson, Kidd
3rd: A. Miller, Fisher

u get the point.

Wtf levels???:confused:

Morgan
01-31-2009, 04:20 PM
Here's a pretty cool article about Rajon Rondo that I just didn't feel quite needed it's own thread so I'll post here in here. Check it out.

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/01/30/rondoroll/index.html

JIDsanity
01-31-2009, 04:27 PM
Morgan is a homer to the extreme

Lizard King
01-31-2009, 04:35 PM

1. Chris Paul
2. Deron Williams
3. Steve Nash
4. Devin Harris
5. Jose Calderon
6. Jason Kidd
7. Rajon Rondo
8. Baron Davis
9. Chauncey Billups
10. Tony Parker

Holy crap, you put him ahead of Billups and Parker? Are you out of your mind?

Look at what Billups has done for the Nuggets. Would Rondo be able to do that? Absolutely not.

Put any PG on the same team as KG, Pierce, and Allen, and he'd do a better job than Rondo. You Celtic fans overrate your players way too much. Get off their nuts, and enjoy the damn game.

kvrnm
01-31-2009, 04:45 PM
Holy crap, you put him ahead of Billups and Parker? Are you out of your mind?

Look at what Billups has done for the Nuggets. Would Rondo be able to do that? Absolutely not.

Put any PG on the same team as KG, Pierce, and Allen, and he'd do a better job than Rondo. You Celtic fans overrate your players way too much. Get off their nuts, and enjoy the damn game.

agreed that was a terible list... billups should be near the top same with parker, nash is to high... calderon, kidd, and rondo should be at the bottom of that list...

Lizard King
01-31-2009, 04:48 PM
agreed that was a terible list... billups should be near the top same with parker, nash is to high... calderon, kidd, and rondo should be at the bottom of that list...

I didn't notice Nash, lol. He is nowhere near being the 3rd best PG in the league. I'd put Billups at 3, and Parker at 4.