PDA

View Full Version : Should 1 on 1 be added to the All Star Game Festitivities???

ProdigyI
01-23-2009, 01:26 AM
Fans vote who they want to see go 1 on 1 in A position or in EVERY position. East vs. West. Games of 11 by 1's and 2's

If they were to do just one. It would be LeBron Vs. Kobe.

If they did positions, we would probably have.

CP3 vs. AI
D-Wade vs. Brandon Roy
LeBron vs. Kobe
KG Vs. Dirk
Dwight Howard vs. Shaq

If they do add this as they should, I'm pretty sure they would go with just ONE matchup but the 5 matchups are pretty intriguing too.

They could take out that special skills competition with the point guards and add this one.

Becks2307
01-23-2009, 01:29 AM
I would love to see KG vs Amare...they always go hard vs each other

LAKERS 24/7
01-23-2009, 03:49 AM
Kobe vs Wade vs Lebron

ReymanEjazzfan
01-23-2009, 04:00 AM
cp3 vs dwill baby!

YankeeFan89
01-23-2009, 04:04 AM
Lebron will be the best 1on1 player =] IMO

hockeypro68
01-23-2009, 04:11 AM
Fans vote who they want to see go 1 on 1 in A position or in EVERY position. East vs. West. Games of 11 by 1's and 2's

If they were to do just one. It would be LeBron Vs. Kobe.

If they did positions, we would probably have.

CP3 vs. AI
D-Wade vs. Brandon Roy
LeBron vs. Kobe
KG Vs. Dirk
Dwight Howard vs. Shaq

If they do add this as they should, I'm pretty sure they would go with just ONE matchup but the 5 matchups are pretty intriguing too.

They could take out that special skills competition with the point guards and add this one.

EXCELLENT IDEA:rock:

GoatMilk
01-23-2009, 04:25 AM
these players ego's won't allow them to do it.
do you really think Shaq would want to play Dwight? what if he lost? what do you think he'd do?

no

BH-Sports
01-23-2009, 04:34 AM
do you really think Shaq would want to play Dwight? what if he lost? what do you think he'd do?

no

obviously they wont play for real.... they are all going to laugh it off and just try to do some tricks and dunks..

Hellcrooner
01-23-2009, 04:35 AM
I dont liek the idea, enough showboating and enough high egoes already.

You should check in an sportswriter idea, i dont remeber the name who was talking about placing the All star outside usa and aading international players to dunk contest, three point shoot out and chnaging rookie game to Rookie vs Fiba team,

king4day
01-23-2009, 10:59 AM
Good idea but I can't see it happening due to the injury risk. Maybe following the season for a charity event.
And HellCrooner is right. Egos would play a big part in this too.

king4day
01-23-2009, 11:01 AM

no

A Shaq/D12 matchup would never end. They'd both be forcing tough shots and since neither can shoot, it would be a 30 minutes game just to reach 11

DrDEADalready
01-23-2009, 11:03 AM
CP3 vs AI are you kidding me?

Williams vs Paul. all the way. finally get to prove how good Williams is when he faces Paul. for you all to see

JJ81
01-23-2009, 11:45 AM
Yeah definitely.

pippsux
01-23-2009, 11:55 AM
Maybe have the athletes play NBA live on a big screen as themselves.

Wilson
01-23-2009, 12:01 PM

Williams vs Paul. all the way. finally get to prove how good Williams is when he faces Paul. for you all to see

If Chris Paul wins, then the Jazz and Hornets switch names. New Orleans Jazz baby! :cool:

I'd love to see it, it would be a lot of fun.

DrDEADalready
01-23-2009, 12:13 PM
lol. It is funny though with the names. New orleans hornets? and Utah is the Beehive state. and We are the Utah Jazz. where there is no Jazz music. Kinda funny don't you think?

Tmac,lt,berkman
01-23-2009, 12:25 PM
How about Yao vs Dwight Howard?

chicagowhitesox
01-23-2009, 12:28 PM
that would be really cool, but i doubt any superstars would participate. just like the dunk contest.

ProdigyI
01-23-2009, 01:20 PM

It would most likely be East Vs. West IMO that's why.

But obviously Williams vs Paul would be the best matchup for that position regardless of conference.

ProdigyI
01-23-2009, 01:23 PM
And as for injuries go, that would not be a factor as of why they wouldn't participate.

They would goof around for the first 8 or 9 points and put on a show for the fans. Then for the last 2 or 3 points they would actully start trying.

Sixerlover
01-23-2009, 01:27 PM
I'd rather see that then anything else they put on all star weekend.

superkegger
01-23-2009, 01:27 PM
No.

All star saturday night events are fine as they are. The skills competition is kinda dumb, but whatever. You're never going to get the superstars to buy into a 1 on 1 competition. And if they're not doing it, would we care? No. If LeBron and Wade won't do to the Dunk Contest, why would they participate in this? It's never ever going to happen.

IndyRealist
01-23-2009, 01:38 PM
1. Stars would not participate. They wouldn't want their reputations tarnished, which is why you haven't seen a Kobe or Lebron in the Slam Dunk Contest in quite a while, besides Howard. Rudy Fernandez? Rudy Gay? Nate Robinson??? Where's Amar'e? Where's Igoudala?

2. It's a team game. I realize the NBA sells itself by it's stars, but even the most ignorant NBA fan knows that at least the 5 players on the floor matter to the game, not to mention the bench players who more often than not decide outcomes of games. One on one play has it's place, but half the guys on a playground court can play one on one. Being able to play in a team is what separates pros for amateurs.

Case in point. Five on five pickup game a few years back, we had the ball and our guy was trying to go isolation at the top of the key, making no progress. So I set a pick. His teammates were concerned with covering their individual men, they didn't come up to double, and they DIDN'T CALL OUT THE PICK. The defender got flattened, and we got two points. Team play trumps one on one, any day of the week.

macc
01-23-2009, 02:59 PM
I wouldn't even mind watching 1 on 1 horse.

FlaSports08
01-23-2009, 03:08 PM
Horse would be cool, kind of like that old school Michael and Larry commercial. Fans vote on the two participants out of a list of 5 from each conference and they play. I would definitely watch that.

macc
01-23-2009, 03:16 PM
Well not only that but even invite Jordan and Bird to play. When other players talk about them they stay Bird still has his shot. They may be old and are not gonna break any ankles but as long as they can stand their and shoot a basketball it would be fun to watch.

BK-TY
01-23-2009, 03:35 PM
No. The $h!# is not broken. Stop trying to fix it. The only thing that most people watch now anyway are the dunk contest and the all-star game. MAYBE a game of horse if you had the right participants but the superstars in the league are the ones that play the hardest night in and night out right now anyway. Who, worth watching, would want to risk further injury (or the embarassment of losing)?

sacgiants1213
01-23-2009, 03:36 PM
it'd be a lot more interesting than the 'shooting stars' competition. I'm really getting sick of watching that...

TheShock45
01-23-2009, 03:43 PM
it sounds cool and probly would be fun to watch but phenominal players would probly never do it vs each other unless there was great pay or it got alot of hype

like one day amare says that he would like to play kg one on one and could take him and then kg agree and harass him back

if they were REALLY to add 1 on 1 to the all star break we would see matchups like gilbert arenas vs sergio rodriguez, sascha vujajic vs larry hughes, andre iguodala vs corey brewer

just random players saying theyll do it and getting random match ups

dgreat5000
01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
thats a DAMN GOOD IDEA, Rose v MAYo!!! I doubt players would participate because they wouldnt wanna be embarresed