PDA

View Full Version : Best Fights You've Ever Seen...

2009mvp
01-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Me and my buddy were watching ESPN Classic (the Canadian one) the other day and they were showing the classic Norton/Holmes fight from 78. Of course, that got us talking about the greatest fights we'd ever seen. Off the top we came up with:

-The entire Gatti/Ward trilogy. Not the greatest technical bout but those two simply beat the hell out of each other.
-Hagler/Hearns. Loses points for the length, but this was just about the most exciting fight I've ever seen. (And this is coming from a big Hitman fan!)
-Barrera/Morales I. Rest of the trilogy was a bit slower, but this one was a war.
-Pryor/Arguello I. Unbelievable fight. Much like the Gatti/Ward fights I still don't know how it lasted as long as it did.
-Castillo/Corrales. Brutal fight. Probably my favorite of the last 8 years.
-Leonard/Hearns. Another Hitman loss, but he made it a hell of a fight late till Sugar Ray finished it up.
-Foreman/Lyle. Two guys who could flat out punch. Maybe my favorite heavyweight bout behind only Ali/Frazier III (of course)

There are so many more, and I know I'm missing out on a lot of more recent fights that IMO don't compare to these but are probably great in their own right. What have you guys got, and am I missing anything obvious?

cambovenzi
01-23-2009, 05:12 AM
i like alot of the tyson fights.
big KO's.

ebtek1
01-25-2009, 09:00 PM
gatti-ward I. it was like a rocky movie.