PDA

View Full Version : Starting Lineup and ...

tatort
01-22-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi guys !
As I wrote, I'm from Germany and with no possibilty to watch the NBA in TV, I surf through the internet to get as many infos as possible, but even the schedules of the Magic-Page is not telling exactly whos is playing what. So, I have a lot of (maybe simple) questions and I hope you can answer them to me: (please have some regard with my english)
So, first of all, the Starting Lineup. In the first 1 or 2 years, I thought Dwight Howard is PF, but as I saw, he has become a Center. And what is with the rest ? Is Dwight a Center, cause we don't have a good one, or is it HIS position now ? Hedo and Lewis ? Who is the PF, who the SF ? And why, and how is everyboy doing ? Maybe I can summarize a bit:

Center: Dwight (?) and who is his backup ?
PowerF.: Who starts there, and how is he doing, who is the backup there ?
ShootingF: Same as PowerF.
SGuard: Pietrus or Lee ? Who is the backup ? Who is the best choice ?
PointG.: Nelson. And then ? Johnson ?
Do we need more or better backup-Players to come of the bench ?

I have more questions, but I think that is enough first.

So thanks to everybody in advance for helping me :)

macc
01-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Well depending on who they are playing their rotation goes like this.

PG - J Nelson (playing extremely well, finally is conistant with his jump shot. More aggressive then years past) backup is Anthony Johnson, gets the job done but is basically old and slow. Doesn't make to many huge mistakes though. Solid job at backup thus far.

SG - Current starter is Courtney Lee, been a solid rookie pick up. Knocks down 3's and is a great 1 on 1 defender, hense the reason he gets more min then JJ.
Back up - MP, somtimes starts, is injured now so we'll see what SVG does when hes back. MP will prob end up as the starter at SG but if not 6th man off the bench. Bogans started in the beginning of the season but in the last couple weeks his min have been cut back with Lee and somtimes Reddick getting more playing time. Reddick is playing more as of late and knocks down open 3's pretty consistantly, his bad defense prevents him from getting more than 25 min per game.

SF - Turk (plays alot of point when JN and AJ are on the bench), MP off bench if not at SG.

PF - Lewis, with us loaded at SG/SF it puts Lewis at PF alot just like last year. backup - Battie, solid but nothing special. Gets some good rebounds and has developed a decent 15 ft jumper.

C - Howard. Never at PF anymore. Normally its Howard at center with his shooters around him which has made us very successful. back up - Gortat, I'm very pleased with his play, very solid back up. Put up big numbers when Howard had a sore knee, big game was like 21 pts with 14 rebounds or somthing like that. Does his job well.

Other players - Brian Cook, doesn't play much because his defense sucks and all he does is shoots 3's, at least he's pretty accurate with them.

Foyle- Rarley every plays anymore, I think i've seen him in 2 games. Only comes in if Howard is in foul trouble early as well as Gortat, so not to often.

Jeremy Richardson - fallen to the bottom of the barrell with so many sg's on our roster already.

Areas we need improvment - mainly a big man at the PF pos who can bang next to Howard. Our older issue was we didn't have enough slashers but with the edition of MP and CL that has helped us in that dep.

I'm sure somone else will fill you in what I missed.

DitchDat
01-22-2009, 11:12 PM
you could just check the yahoo depth chart

tatort
01-23-2009, 09:16 AM
Thanks first to macc for his amazing post. Really helped me a lot to understand our situation more. And thanks second to ditchdat, didn't knew that,yet.

So, with Turk on the SF, he must be the better guy for the 3 pointers, isn't he ? I mean instead of Lewis, who might be not as much as shooting from the 3 points as Hedo, right ? Lewis is more the 1 on 1 player ?

When you say, we need someone on the PF position, are there certain rumors ? Or any ideas ? Do you think we are still going to make a trade ?

I think we have some guys to offer, others may be interested in ... what do you think about hakim warrick of the grizzlies. The franchise is in a change and they will build around Mayo, Marc Gasol (and R. Gay). They could be interested in Battie, Cook or some of our small guys at the pg,sg cause they may trade Conley. I think there are some possibilities with them or with a 3 team deal ...

What do you mean ?

macc
01-23-2009, 03:14 PM
No rumors right now that anyone can take to seriously. Since we have the 2nd best record in the NBA I don't see our team doing anything as far as trades go. If it's not broken don't fix it sort of thing. Turk is one of our main 3 point shooters but actually Rashard leads the lead in 3 pts attempted and 3 pts made. He's been cluth all year long. The only people I could see us trading would be Foyle (no trade value) Cook (very little trade value or Reddick (little trade value) Bogans (little trade value) so in all we'll prob see what our team can do in the playoffs then go from there.

tatort
01-24-2009, 10:34 AM
Alright. It's: "Never change a winning team" but it's also "you never know what happens tomorrow" I don't think trading guys like Cook,Johnson or Foyle would make us any problems as long as we get useable players fo them. I don't see our squad incurable, but i can understand the coach and gm that they don't want to change something or do something in a wrong direction as long as the Magic win games. I think, we are losing a bit of quality when it comes to the 7th or 8th man on the bench compared to other teams who play for the finals. Can you understand what i mean ?