PDA

View Full Version : Nets interested in Miller...and we're listening

Luv Da New Pack
01-22-2009, 09:45 AM
http://www.nj.com/nets/index.ssf/2009/01/mike_miller_larry_hughes_among.html

howiend
01-22-2009, 10:13 AM
The wolves have to be interested in more than just removing Miller's salary.

IowaAJ
01-22-2009, 11:30 AM
The man the Nets have set their sights on (since the start of the week, anyway) is Mike Miller, who has been a washout since arriving in Minneapolis, according to an NBA general manager familiar with the discussions.

One snag, perhaps two: The Timberwolves are not in any rush to move the 28-year-old wing, even though Miller averages fewer than eight shots in 30 minutes per game, so they're playing hardball. Minnesota is asking for a young player and a draft pick in exchange, which the Nets are not willing to consider.

link 1st post

IowaAJ
01-22-2009, 11:37 AM
I don't know who really interests me on the NETS if we are thinking about moving Miller.

IowaAJ
01-22-2009, 11:42 AM
Sean Williams interests me but not for Miller I think it would have to be a good deal for us to trade him. There are some players that I wouldn't mind getting and we loved CDR when he came out here, also Ager could be an interesting player, Simmons if his contract expires would be a good player. They have some young players but I don't know if they are good enough to give up Miller.

For us and the Nets to get a trade done we would have to take on Bobby Simmons who still has 2 years left on his contract and then get a couple of young players and we could throw in McCants with Miller.

2 trades that would work not saying I'm interested we probably would need a 1st round or 2nd round pick.

We get Sean Williams, CDR, Bobby Simmons, 1st round pick/2nd round
They get Miller and McCants

We get Bobby Simmons, Maurice Ager, Sean Williams,1st round pick/2nd round
They get Miller, McCants

Those are both deals I would consider if we get the 1st round pick from them without the pick the trades aren't that good for us. Simmons is a great shooter and his contract is very close to Millers so we wouldn't be that worse off because Simmons contract and Miller's contract both expire in 2 years. Simmons would help us because he is a great shooter but Miller does so much more then Simmons so that could be a deal breaker.

Williams is still a young player and a good shot blocker so he could help us but he needs to get some things figured out because he is really struggling right now. Then the last player we could either Take CDR or Ager. Ager only has one year left on his contract so I don't know. CDR is a player we really liked back on draft day so I would say we would want him.

Williams has 2 years left on his deal
CDR has 2 years left on his deal
Simmons has 2 years left on his deal
Ager has 1 year left on his deal
draft pick 1st or 2nd

For us

Miller has 2 years left on his deal
McCants has 1 year left.

I would say these are the players that would be involved in any trade if we do try to trade Miller to the NETS.

Sports Illustrator
01-22-2009, 12:16 PM
I don't know who really interests me on the NETS if we are thinking about moving Miller.

They're likely willing to trade some of their front court, most likely Sean Williams. Simmons is another player the Nets will have to move in any trade they make.

WSU Tony
01-22-2009, 12:36 PM
They're likely willing to trade some of their front court, most likely Sean Williams. Simmons is another player the Nets will have to move in any trade they make.

They both look like they have potential but cripes, we're going to add more undersized guys? (We don't need PFs!)

IowaAJ
01-22-2009, 01:03 PM
Simmons is a little undersized he is 6 ft 6 and can play small forward or shooting guard like Miller, Williams has potential that is why he would be thrown in the deal plus he is a good shot blocker and rebounder he does need to get somethings worked out but if he does he can bring energy off the bench.

I know people might not like it but the fact is Jefferson and Love is our front court of the future, BIG Al will play center and Love will play power forward. CDR also would be a good pickup or maybe Ager if we decide we would rather pick up a shooting guard in the draft to back up Foye because Ager has only 1 year left on his deal.

jwin2005
01-22-2009, 01:16 PM
Mike Miller + Sebastian Telfair + late 1st round pick

for

Brook Lopez + Bobby Simmons

what do you guys think?

Sport
01-22-2009, 01:20 PM

for

what do you guys think?

In the end, its what New Jersey thinks, and I dont think they would bit on that deal.

But who knows.

GunFactor187
01-22-2009, 01:21 PM
I don't think you guys should trade Miller, in my opinion I think him and AJ could be a force within the years to come but what you guys do need though I think are help at PF and PG.

WSU Tony
01-22-2009, 01:44 PM
I don't think you guys should trade Miller, in my opinion I think him and AJ could be a force within the years to come but what you guys do need though I think are help at PF and PG.

I don't think so, Gun.

Sport
01-22-2009, 01:56 PM

Ehhhh if thats the case, than were going to be a bad team longer than I thought.

Dont get me wrong, Miller is a solid player, but he isnt a worthy of being a duo on a contending basketball team, atleast IMO.

Mauersota
01-22-2009, 02:13 PM
MIN Gets: Caron Butler

NJ Gets: Mike Miller

WAS Gets: CDR, Utah Draft pick, Swift, and some other stuff.

Sport
01-22-2009, 02:38 PM
MIN Gets: Caron Butler

NJ Gets: Mike Miller

WAS Gets: CDR, Utah Draft pick, Swift, and some other stuff.

Is that your wish, or is that a rumor.

haha.

Mauersota
01-22-2009, 02:40 PM
Wish

prodigy
01-22-2009, 02:48 PM
well you guys won't get real good young talent for miller. If the cavs wanted to I think wally/jackson/2nd for miller/throw in could get it down.

Sport
01-22-2009, 02:49 PM
well you guys won't get real good young talent for miller. If the cavs wanted to I think wally/jackson/2nd for miller/throw in could get it down.

Wally?:down:

Mauersota
01-22-2009, 02:59 PM
A second round pick from the cavs isn't anything. Miller will be able to get at least a solid piece.

Foye
01-22-2009, 04:20 PM

for

what do you guys think?

I'd give them the miami 1st not the late 1sts....they don't really need telfair...maybe we should try and find another player to pair with MM and send him to NJ because they have 2 good pgs

Anyway I think Nets will decline almost any trade involving Lopez...including this one.

jwin2005
01-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Brook Lopez is the only young player I would want from the Nets (Devin Harris is untouchable)

How about this trade:
Mike Miller + Ryan Gomes + Brian Cardinal + Miami's pick

for

Brook Lopez + Bobby Simmons + Stromile Swift

Sport
01-22-2009, 05:12 PM
Brook Lopez is the only young player I would want from the Nets (Devin Harris is untouchable)

How about this trade:

for

Whether you want him or not, I just cant see NJ trading him away.

trevhipp7
01-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Washington gets Mike Miller, McCants, our pick and utahs
we get Nick Young Caron Butler and thier first.

WSU Tony
01-22-2009, 05:31 PM

How about this trade:

for

The reason you would make that trade is because it favors us. :p

Mauersota
01-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Washington gets Mike Miller, McCants, our pick and utahs
we get Nick Young Caron Butler and thier first.

Sign me up yesterday but they wouldn't do it.

GOGOGOMEZ08
01-22-2009, 07:01 PM
wally is a G

Hawkeye15
01-22-2009, 07:30 PM
outside of Harris and Lopez, no interest. Even their #1 will be a 11-13 pick. And I think most of you know my opinion of the strength of this years draft, so unless we could package some picks to move into top 3-4, I have zero interest.

Oefarmy2005
01-22-2009, 07:54 PM
Same here. There is literally not a single player I would want on my team outside of Harris and Lopez from the nets. So, no thanks, I'll stick with miller.

Mauersota
01-22-2009, 08:22 PM
CDR intrigues me still, though I wouldn't want him as a major piece of any deal.

boeknows
01-23-2009, 12:37 AM
If we were to trade Miller to the Nets it would have to involve another team as they dont have the pieces we would want.

Kingdaka11
01-23-2009, 11:23 AM
Hey guys would you guys be intrested in dealing Miller to NJ for a deal involving Boone, and some others?

Your fellow fans seem to be high on him

http://www.******.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=22&t=873422&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Cano24
01-23-2009, 11:51 AM
Brook is def. one of the Untouchables in Jersey along with Yi and Devin and somewhat VC unless they got a really good offer for him like with Kidd very promising young player plus 2 picks

Oefarmy2005
01-23-2009, 12:19 PM
Brook is def. one of the Untouchables in Jersey along with Yi and Devin and somewhat VC unless they got a really good offer for him like with Kidd very promising young player plus 2 picks

Why didn't we just draft Brook is my question. He's turning out to be a decent center.

prodigy
01-23-2009, 12:22 PM
Wally?:down:

expiring:clap:

WSU Tony
01-23-2009, 12:39 PM
Why didn't we just draft Brook is my question. He's turning out to be a decent center.

Answer: Man crush. McHale wanted his great rebounding 'trouble getting his shot off' undersized center..... err... PF.

Oefarmy2005
01-23-2009, 12:49 PM
Heres an idea:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2990~3422~1022~3239~77~2777~55 8&teams=16~16~16~16~17~17~17&te=&cash=

Then buy out Collins to clear up roster space. But then ofcourse we would only have a spot to sign one pick next year. So I don't know. I do like Boone though.

Kingdaka11
01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey guys major Boone homer here, what kind of role could Josh have in MN?

VikingsWin2869
01-23-2009, 02:39 PM

for

what do you guys think?

Then whos our PG?

Cano24
01-23-2009, 04:04 PM

well I was looking at mock drafts and you guys could have like 4 first rounders this year if certain teams finish outside of Conditions of draft picks so you should have a shot at a good Center so you guys can move big Al to PF where he would dominate IMO

topdog
01-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Alright, be real here: the players Jersey probably are willing to trade are Boone, Williams, Stro Swift and Simmons. They will not give up Yi Jianlian or Lopez and that is essentially a deal-killer for me (i doubt Yi would be willing to play in MN anyway). I like williams, but he's not worth miller (even in an off yr., which btw probably has something to do with his attempt to play a complimentary role to the "young players"). Boone? He's undersized and can best be described as "capable." Picks? How many do we need in a "weak" draft? No deal.

thesparky33
01-23-2009, 04:09 PM
If we were to trade Miller, we'd have to get back one heck of a young player in return IMO.

I dont think the Wolves are shopping him.

tcman2007
01-23-2009, 04:16 PM
Yeah. What do the Nets have that they're not willing to give away? Not much.

FNM BOY
01-23-2009, 04:36 PM
i've said this in many forums before..you guys get off on trades and always look for equal value in return.The reality is it does not always work out that way. If you have some or any kind of understanding of economics and business you should know by now that the world is in a mess financially...some teams guys will move players due to the cap, avoidiing luxury tax and where other money situations are concerned...also for better possibilities in the future. Its not always about there here and now...especially when teams are not even close to contending....but some of us will never get pass our infatuation of players, and take into consdieration that the NBA is also a a very big billonaire dollar entity.

tcman2007
01-23-2009, 04:49 PM
Answer: Man crush. McHale wanted his great rebounding 'trouble getting his shot off' undersized center..... err... PF.

I want you guys to see something: Love is a better player than Brook Lopez. He just is. He is far more diverse in what he can do, and he's a better rebounder. Now, you can make the argument that the plus of drafting a C would be in the ability to push Jefferson back to the PF position...but Love is just a better basketball player overall than Brook Lopez. When you're building a franchise up from ashes, you need talented guys. I'd never trade Love for Lopez.

thesparky33
01-23-2009, 05:08 PM
I want you guys to see something: Love is a better player than Brook Lopez. He just is. He is far more diverse in what he can do, and he's a better rebounder. Now, you can make the argument that the plus of drafting a C would be in the ability to push Jefferson back to the PF position...but Love is just a better basketball player overall than Brook Lopez. When you're building a franchise up from ashes, you need talented guys. I'd never trade Love for Lopez.

:nod:

WSU Tony
01-23-2009, 06:25 PM

And what are we supposed to do about our PG situation? Center? If our top 10 pick this year brings us with another oportunity to draft the best guy and he happens to be a PF (Hill or Monroe?) are we going to take another one? I am all about drafting for value with a top 10 pick but at some point you have to either call it quits or make some trades. We're getting to that point for that position, at least.

Mauersota
01-23-2009, 06:47 PM
And what are we supposed to do about our PG situation? Center? If our top 10 pick this year brings us with another oportunity to draft the best guy and he happens to be a PF (Hill or Monroe?) are we going to take another one? I am all about drafting for value with a top 10 pick but at some point you have to either call it quits or make some trades. We're getting to that point for that position, at least.

Monroe may not be a horrible choice for a big man. I forgot where but he is supposedly 6-11 in shoes this year.

I want to watch him play but he supposedly plays the high post VERY well which would leave open the low block for Al, has very good shot blocking potential, rebounds, defense is pretty good, raw but has a good BBIQ and isn't selfish and a great passer. But the question is how would you have the team setup with him Al and Love? Would he play PF on offense and center on defense? He is kinda weird because people talk about him playing SF, PF and center but he wouldn't really fit on this team unless Love got traded but honestly there really isn't a big man that is going to fit great with Al and Love.

tcman2007
01-23-2009, 09:38 PM

Like you said: make some trades. Free-agency, too. Go get a guy. We can't rely on the draft anymore. It's been proven that we'll never get a high pick. The only way for the Wolves to get a high pick is for them to lose the most game and earn a # 3. That's the only way. So, they better start looking at FA or trades to better their team.

silverson
01-23-2009, 09:39 PM
What we are looking for is kind of difficult to find. First of a great PG that comes very rare and also we are looking for a C that is quick on his feet because wolves like to play a quick offense. I think that regardless of positions the wolves should look for offensive minded players right now. Let's see what we will do.
Back to this thread. I wouldn't trade Miller and even if I did I don't think the nets have what we need or want. Do we need more expiring contracts or more draft picks? Also even if Wally's contract is expiring, I don't think he would be welcomed in MN.

Mauersota
01-23-2009, 10:41 PM
What we are looking for is kind of difficult to find. First of a great PG that comes very rare and also we are looking for a C that is quick on his feet because wolves like to play a quick offense. I think that regardless of positions the wolves should look for offensive minded players right now. Let's see what we will do.
Back to this thread. I wouldn't trade Miller and even if I did I don't think the nets have what we need or want. Do we need more expiring contracts or more draft picks? Also even if Wally's contract is expiring, I don't think he would be welcomed in MN.

I respectfully disagree about the offensive players. I think we need players that play hard on both sides of the court and make an impact on both sides.

I think the fans would welcome Wally back, he gets a standing ovation when he comes back, front office maybe another story.

silverson
01-23-2009, 10:52 PM
I'll trust you on the second point you made (wally). But regarding the offensive minded players I disagree. We have a lot of players that are working hard, we need at least one good (and steady) scorer.

Mauersota
01-23-2009, 11:15 PM
I'll trust you on the second point you made (wally). But regarding the offensive minded players I disagree. We have a lot of players that are working hard, we need at least one good (and steady) scorer.

I'm assuming Foye is playing like he will from now on so keep that in mind, but Love, Al, and Foye are probably are 3 biggest pieces for the future and none are really good defensively, Foye is improving, Love ain't bad just small, and Al suffers from lack of effort on that end of the court. I'd like to see an Artest esque player on this team.

silverson
01-23-2009, 11:24 PM
You have a point although IMO Love is playing good D. If I would look for someone with good D it would be at C. Still I'd like a SG or a SF that scores high. If Carney continues playing like this then I am satisfied.

Mauersota
01-23-2009, 11:26 PM
You have a point although IMO Love is playing good D. If I would look for someone with good D it would be at C. Still I'd like a SG or a SF that scores high. If Carney continues playing like this then I am satisfied.

I agree Love plays good D he just isn't that great because of his size but his IQ helps him. I like Carney also a lot.

silverson
01-23-2009, 11:30 PM
I agree Love plays good D he just isn't that great because of his size but his IQ helps him. I like Carney also a lot.

That's it. His IQ is the reason we picked him (according to McHale) and I remember a lot of players that were great because of that. He'll be good. It remains to be seen how good.
All I want from Carney is consistency. Because the potential is there.
After tonights game, would you trade Miller?

Mauersota
01-23-2009, 11:33 PM
That's it. His IQ is the reason we picked him (according to McHale) and I remember a lot of players that were great because of that. He'll be good. It remains to be seen how good.
All I want from Carney is consistency. Because the potential is there.
After tonights game, would you trade Miller?

They didn't have there bigs so I'm not going to say this win is as meaningful as it will look on paper when all you see is W Wolves-L Hornets but it is still a huge win none the less. I'd trade Miller yes. But I'd want to use him to get Harden.

silverson
01-23-2009, 11:37 PM
They didn't have there bigs so I'm not going to say this win is as meaningful as it will look on paper when all you see is W Wolves-L Hornets but it is still a huge win none the less. I'd trade Miller yes. But I'd want to use him to get Harden.

I was talking about Millers game and his tenacity, not the game in total. Harden seems good. How is his 3 point % ?

Mauersota
01-23-2009, 11:43 PM
I was talking about Millers game and his tenacity, not the game in total. Harden seems good. How is his 3 point % ?

I like Miller a lot and will defend him but I wouldn't have trouble trading anyone on the team if it was the right offer. 35-40% maybe?

WSU Tony
01-23-2009, 11:47 PM

How about we starting talking about the 7-10 range and maybe we'll have to just top talking.

Mauersota
01-23-2009, 11:51 PM
How about we starting talking about the 7-10 range and maybe we'll have to just top talking.

Bah. We can still lose a few here and there. I want Harden and he could be as low as 3 or 4 depending on who ends up where in the order so to jump from 7 to 4 isn't a reach. If we can't get Harden or Holiday I want to see us take Flynn who is in your range (13-20).

silverson
01-23-2009, 11:51 PM
Thanks for the info! I am eager to see our next moves.

IowaAJ
01-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Miller brings a lot to the table but he needs to find his shot or we need to move him and I like Miller. He is a good player but he needs to get somethings worked out. I hope he does because he could add another player to are team that can shoot.

WSU Tony
01-24-2009, 12:10 AM
Bah. We can still lose a few here and there. I want Harden and he could be as low as 3 or 4 depending on who ends up where in the order so to jump from 7 to 4 isn't a reach. If we can't get Harden or Holiday I want to see us take Flynn who is in your range (13-20).

I'm all for moving up. If we could turn our top two picks (and/or a player?) into a Jennings, Holiday, or Harden, I would celebrate with you. :cheers:

Flynn doesn't look like a teens type pick at this point. Looking at NBADraft.net (not completely reliable:o) he's projecting late first or early 2nd at the very best.

Holiday at this point is pretty low on the draft 'big boards.' I think we can both agree he'll be in the top 10 and more than likely the top 5-6 come draft time, though. Maybe the same can be said with your Flynn kid.

Mauersota
01-24-2009, 12:15 AM
I'm all for moving up. If we could turn our top two picks (and/or a player?) into a Jennings, Holiday, or Harden, I would celebrate with you. :cheers:

Flynn doesn't look like a teens type pick at this point. Looking at NBADraft.net (not completely reliable:o) he's projecting late first or early 2nd at the very best.

Holiday at this point is pretty low on the draft 'big boards.' I think we can both agree he'll be in the top 10 and more than likely the top 5-6 come draft time, though. Maybe the same can be said with your Flynn kid.

I'm thinking Flynn is going to be one of them that moves up slowly but steadily. I don't think he will be in the lottery but I wanted to give a range.

WSU Tony
01-24-2009, 12:16 AM
I'm thinking Flynn is going to be one of them that moves up slowly but steadily. I don't think he will be in the lottery but I wanted to give a range.

What do you think about Pargo from Gonzaga?

IowaAJ
01-24-2009, 12:18 AM
Flynn is a lot like Telfair in my oppinion a tough guard that can make plays for himself and his teamates. Flynn is a better shooter I think but I need to see him play some more with Syracuse. Both are strong Guards that are tough, hard nosed players.

IowaAJ
01-24-2009, 12:19 AM

Pargo is more of a combo kind of like Foye then a true point in my oppinion. He is strong guard and very physical.

Mauersota
01-24-2009, 12:19 AM

Haven't seen him or researched him so I'm not going to say.

My PG Board

Rubio
Holiday
Jennings
Flynn
Collison

Mauersota
01-24-2009, 12:21 AM
Flynn is a lot like Telfair in my oppinion a tough guard that can make plays for himself and his teamates. Flynn is a better shooter I think but I need to see him play some more with Syracuse. Both are strong Guards that are tough, hard nosed players.

Flynn is all that plus has 10 pounds on him and has a higher defensive potential then Bassy plus some other stuff.

IowaAJ
01-24-2009, 12:22 AM
I don't know what to think of Holiday because he has potential and has shown his passing ability but I don't think he has really proved himself to be a top 5 pick yet just my oppinion.

Mauersota
01-24-2009, 12:23 AM
I don't know what to think of Holiday because he has potential and has shown his passing ability but I don't think he has really proved himself to be a top 5 pick yet just my oppinion.

Holiday>Westbrook and Westbrook went 4th...but he was "overdraft"

IowaAJ
01-24-2009, 12:23 AM
Derozan is currently the 15th pick so if we want him we might not have to move up to get him.

Mauersota
01-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Derozan is currently the 15th pick so if we want him we might not have to move up to get him.

If Carney keeps it up (and we keep him) there isn't much of a reason to draft him.

IowaAJ
01-24-2009, 12:26 AM
Holiday>Westbrook and Westbrook went 4th...but he was "overdraft"

Yeah good point I do think he will show his star ability later in the season vs some of the better teams and once the tournament starts. I like his passing ability a lot and maybe he would be better if he was the point guard instead of the 2 for UCLA. I think his defense is probably his best attribute other then his passing.

Mauersota
01-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Gotta love that a trade thread turns into *shock* another draft thread. Westbrook was also the SG cause of Collison.

IowaAJ
01-24-2009, 12:29 AM
If Carney keeps it up (and we keep him) there isn't much of a reason to draft him.

thats true Carney has come on lately but he is still very inconsistent.

Mauersota
01-24-2009, 12:30 AM

Ehhh he had that game agaisnt the Jazz but I mean since he has gotten into his groove he has been consistent, you can't expect a player to get 13 points EVERY single game.

IowaAJ
01-24-2009, 12:34 AM
yeah good point and I do like the way he plays.

Mauersota
01-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah good point I do think he will show his star ability later in the season vs some of the better teams and once the tournament starts. I like his passing ability a lot and maybe he would be better if he was the point guard instead of the 2 for UCLA. I think his defense is probably his best attribute other then his passing.

yeah good point and I do like the way he plays.

So much praise...I don't know how to handle it all...

IowaAJ
01-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Lol

Preuss-is-right
01-24-2009, 01:18 AM
Its actually nice to discuss things without being negative.

Mauersota
01-24-2009, 01:36 AM
Its actually nice to discuss things without being negative.

But I am a negative person...I think?

WSU Tony
01-24-2009, 01:47 AM
Being realistic (not overly optimistic) can be seen as negative. Usually, though, it's just being realistic. It's easy to be viewed as negative when people on this forum are talking about the playoffs..... hahaha.

howiend
01-24-2009, 02:04 AM
I only caught the 4th quarter of the game but I really like how Miller is playing and what he is adding to the team. Looking at his boxscore tonight is impressive. I love how he was taking the ball to the whole and creating shots for others. Keep the twolves together!! I LOVED the lineup at the end with Al, Love, Miller, Carney, Foye - Miller was playing the point by handling the ball, driving, distributing.

Mike88
01-24-2009, 02:12 PM
I don't see us trading Miller, at least not the Nets. It seems like the teams have conflicting reasons on why the trade should happen. The Nets see it as they are helping us move under the cap and the Wolves see it as what kind of talent can we get in return. I really don't think the Nets have any intention of giving the Wolves anything other than an expireing contract in return and that's not what we are looking for.

Personally, i don't think we should trade him. Everyone is making a big deal that he isn't scoring like he used to, but it seems like people forget that he has been hurt and missed games and that Miller is still shooting 45%, so it's not like his play has dropped off, he just isn't taking as many shots as he used to.