PDA

View Full Version : If Kobe Bryant wins the Championship this year will he go play in Greece??

mavericksfan33
01-22-2009, 06:08 AM
do yall think that Kobe will go play in Greece if he wins the Championship?? i seriously think that he might think about it because he already has 3 rings, 1mvp, and he also has the gold medal. i think that he is just tryin to catch up with shaq and win 4 rings. what do yall think??

S.J.Basketball
01-22-2009, 06:25 AM
do yall think that Kobe will go play in Greece if he wins the Championship?? i seriously think that he might think about it because he already has 3 rings, 1mvp, and he also has the gold medal. i think that he is just tryin to catch up with shaq and win 4 rings. what do yall think??

I think Kobe is trying to WIN. I think Kobe is doing his job by leading his team to what every team in the league wants...a championship. Which has nothing to do with Shaq. He's already committed to Team USA for 2010 and 2012.

I'm sure he's just gonna uproot his family and move them all the way to Greece to play because he won a championship here and is equal with Shaq. See how stupid that sounds? Think harder man.

carlo4444
01-22-2009, 07:02 AM
w 8 why would he move to greece?

Ron!n
01-22-2009, 08:28 AM
Thats the craziest thing ever, why would he uproot his whole family and leave a country where everybody likes him to go to a place where he cant even speak the language.
I also doubt they offer him more money, than he can get with endorsments and contracts here.

SteveNash
01-22-2009, 08:45 AM
Why would he take a pay cut just so he could play in a ****** league?

kingjanjic
01-22-2009, 09:10 AM
I think Kobe is trying to WIN. I think Kobe is doing his job by leading his team to what every team in the league wants...a championship. Which has nothing to do with Shaq. He's already committed to Team USA for 2010 and 2012.

I'm sure he's just gonna uproot his family and move them all the way to Greece to play because he won a championship here and is equal with Shaq. See how stupid that sounds? Think harder man.

lmao:cry::cry::p:p:p

JayW_1023
01-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Hopefully he'll be a Laker for life. I think if he wins a championship post Shaq all the more reason to build his legacy instead of going to Yurp or whatever.

JJ81
01-22-2009, 11:10 AM
No, he won't. He'll stay in the NBA as a Laker until he's about 35 then he might goto Europe (probably Barcelona with Paupau)

Wilson
01-22-2009, 11:14 AM
No, he won't. He'll stay in the NBA as a Laker until he's about 35 then he might goto Europe (probably Barcelona with Paupau)

It'd be pretty cool to see Kobe and Pau go and play for the same European side after their NBA careers. The Lakers have played a few exhibition games against Barca I think, so that'd be pretty cool in the future. I think he'd rather go back home to Italy though.

I don't think Kobe will go to Europe this summer though. He's still going to be on a team which can compete for championships for a long time. I don't think it's about matching or one-upping Shaq or anything like that, Kobe is just driven to win games.

Even when him and Shaq were fueding, Kobe was constantly working on his game because he just wants to win.

king4day
01-22-2009, 11:17 AM
Why would he take a pay cut just so he could play in a ****** league?

He'd likely make double what he makes here.

Zefflin
01-22-2009, 11:19 AM

Till about 37 I hope, then I wouldn't mind seeing him and Pau break all the records over there.

JordansBulls
01-22-2009, 11:33 AM

Kobe in the interview with Magic said he just wants to win one more ring. Primarily he wants a ring where he was the main focus and primary reason the team won.

cambovenzi
01-22-2009, 11:34 AM

likely according to what?
they have no one even remotely close to being paid as much as that.

even if they could match what he is paid now, he still might not want to uproot everyone and go to some whacky euro league. there is no pride or glory in that.

still1ballin
01-22-2009, 02:21 PM
No.

sep11ie
01-22-2009, 02:33 PM
So the best player in the world would want to go play against players who are half as good as the average player here? That makes soooooooooo much sense.

ugottabjoshinme
01-22-2009, 02:35 PM
he is obviously suiting up for the philadelphia eagles once he gets his next ring

Cainstv28
01-22-2009, 02:45 PM
No.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2009, 03:08 PM
of course not. He has a chance to compete for a ring for the next 3-4 seasons, at least. Why would he go anywhere?

SteveNash
01-22-2009, 03:09 PM

Really? Show me one team that pays a player 40 million a year. Most teams don't even spend that much for the entire team.

Lakers4ItAll
01-22-2009, 03:14 PM
Not a chance

keady
02-21-2009, 02:26 PM
there is no chance kobe will leave the nba. i guarantee it.

Kakaroach
02-21-2009, 02:32 PM
I don't think he'll ever go to play in Europe. I mean, he wants to not just match Shaq, but be better than him. Also, he wants to be the BEST player that ever played. Remember all of those comparisons to Michael Jordan last year...

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Thats the craziest thing ever, why would he uproot his whole family and leave a country where everybody likes him to go to a place where he cant even speak the language.
I also doubt they offer him more money, than he can get with endorsments and contracts here.

Um, no.

philab
02-21-2009, 03:24 PM
If he went to Europe, it would almost certainly be to play in Italy. He grew up in Italy and knows the language.

It's not going to happen though.

IndyRealist
02-21-2009, 03:42 PM
I guess people don't remember stories about Greek teams apparently waving around $50 million a year at Lebron/Kobe/etc. They don't have a salary cap or max player salaries, so a rich team can pay whatever they want. It would be a major coup to land a top tier player, and they'd easily make the money back in viewership and team endorsements.

Having said that, it won't happen. Kobe would lose endorsement money. Even with our economy tanking, this is still the biggest media market, and by extension, one of the biggest consumer markets. This is where advertisers will spend money.

andybauer91
02-21-2009, 03:46 PM
wat a frieken stupid thread
wow

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2009, 03:49 PM
If I was Kobe I would be considering two things...

1. Retiring from basketball all together.

2. Demand a buy out so I could go play in a YMCA league.

But that's just me.:D

durqtitan
02-21-2009, 03:51 PM
Kobe is the best because of his attitude. I think he wants to go down as the best so he will stay a Laker until the end. He wants to be like jordan and bird who you cant think about without thinking of the bulls and celtics. He will always be a laker.

NYMetros
02-21-2009, 03:57 PM

No way. He wants to go down as the greatest NBA player ever. Can't do that if you are in Europe.

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2009, 04:03 PM
No way. He wants to go down as the greatest NBA player ever. Can't do that if you are in Europe.

He can't do that here either.

NYMetros
02-21-2009, 04:05 PM
He can't do that here either.

Depends on how many more rings he wins.

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2009, 04:06 PM
Depends on how many more rings he wins.

I don't see him winning enough, to be the best player ever you need to win rings being the number one option. He has yet to do that.

hotpotato1092
02-21-2009, 04:10 PM
No, I hate noob threads

MGB
02-21-2009, 04:13 PM
ya probably, and I also think Jeter will go play Triple A ball if the Yanks win the WS this year.

celticz34
02-21-2009, 04:16 PM

nope, coz hes aint gona win a championship ever again.. plain and simple:)

KB24PG16
02-21-2009, 04:22 PM
u gotta link if not this isnt thread worthy

madiaz3
02-21-2009, 04:30 PM
I don't see him winning enough, to be the best player ever you need to win rings being the number one option. He has yet to do that.

Your two points have nothing to do with each other, lol. Any rings he wins from here on out guess what, he'll be the number one option. Even winning one more as the number one option would propel him into the next tier of all-time greats. "You don't see him winning enough" I don't think anyone sees players or teams winning 3x in a row but it happens, there's no reason to really discount it besides you not wanting to see it happen.

Nighthawk
02-21-2009, 04:33 PM
Kobe is not going to Greece...LOLOLOL

Rocco007
02-21-2009, 04:34 PM
When Kobe wins it this year, it will mark the inception of another dynasty run..and one step closer to being the GOAT.

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Your two points have nothing to do with each other, lol. Any rings he wins from here on out guess what, he'll be the number one option. Even winning one more as the number one option would propel him into the next tier of all-time greats. "You don't see him winning enough" I don't think anyone sees players or teams winning 3x in a row but it happens, there's no reason to really discount it besides you not wanting to see it happen.

The point is to be "the greatest ever" you need to win rings being the number one option. He hasn't done it yet, 0 rings. Even if he was to win 3 years in a row he would only be half way to Jordan imo because he did it being the guy only 3 times.

I don't feel like going back and forth with this, he is yet to prove he can win being the main guy. So even talking about him being the greatest of all-time or even close is ********.

albertc86
02-21-2009, 04:42 PM
No. That would make no sense. Sure, it would prove that he doesn't need Shaq, but he has a chance to establish another dynasty. It's one thing being apart of one dynasty, but it's another thing to be apart of two.

JJ81
02-21-2009, 04:58 PM
No way, he said the other day that he has up to 8 years left in the NBA...

/thread.

anyway, if we was going to go abroad, he'd go to Spain and play for Barcelona.

Jaji
02-21-2009, 05:14 PM
I hope he goes to Greece title or not. Not hating or anything, but I hate Kobe Bryant.

Free Throw
02-21-2009, 05:21 PM
Not hating or anything, but I hate Kobe Bryant.

LOL the irony! :p

Raps18-19 Champ
02-21-2009, 05:34 PM
He was never going in the first place.

philab
02-21-2009, 05:58 PM
The point is to be "the greatest ever" you need to win rings being the number one option. He hasn't done it yet, 0 rings. Even if he was to win 3 years in a row he would only be half way to Jordan imo because he did it being the guy only 3 times.

I don't feel like going back and forth with this, he is yet to prove he can win being the main guy. So even talking about him being the greatest of all-time or even close is ********.

Zero rings, three rings, six rings, whatever . . . Kobe's not going down as the best ever.

Kobe's a great player, but he is nowhere near #1 and won't ever be. He's around 15th.

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2009, 06:05 PM
Zero rings, three rings, six rings, whatever . . . Kobe's not going down as the best ever.

I know that, tell that to Laker fans.

philab
02-21-2009, 06:51 PM
I know that, tell that to Laker fans.

Yeah, had to quote someone though.

laker1000
02-21-2009, 06:52 PM
N o!!!!

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2009, 06:54 PM
Yeah, had to quote someone though.

Oh, ok.:)

lakers4sho
02-21-2009, 07:02 PM

Kobe's a great player, but he is nowhere near #1 and won't ever be. He's around 15th.

and why is that? Just curious.

KeithLBC
02-21-2009, 07:08 PM

:laugh2: :laugh2:

I guess everyone has to view Kobe as you view him and that's the final verdict, right :rolleyes:

Lakers fan or not, we all have a right to our own opinion so no matter what you think it doesn't matter, it's YOUR opinion ;)

I personally don't think Kobe will every catch Jordan as far as accomplishments but his skill set is pretty damn close. To place him where you are is pretty ignorant, especially because he still has a lot of playing time left in him.

still1ballin
02-21-2009, 07:22 PM

I guess everyone has to view Kobe as you view him and that's the final verdict, right :rolleyes:

Lakers fan or not, we all have a right to our own opinion so no matter what you think it doesn't matter, it's YOUR opinion ;)

I personally don't think Kobe will every catch Jordan as far as accomplishments but his skill set is pretty damn close. To place him where you are is pretty ignorant, especially because he still has a lot of playing time left in him.

Agreed

philab
02-21-2009, 07:35 PM

All I did was assert my opinion. Where do you get this "final verdict" ****? Don't get so touchy just because my opinion of your boy doesn't mesh with yours.

I am, however, stating something that is virtually a fact: Kobe will not go down as the best ever. I'm sorry. Nothing against the guy, but it's the truth.

And I took into account the fact that he has plenty of time left when I said 15th.

And skill sets are collateral -- we're talking about best ever.

Instead of attacking me -- calling me ignorant and such -- why don't you attack my argument? Ad hominems are logical fallacies.

lakers4sho
02-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Where do you get this "final verdict" ****?

I am, however, stating something that is virtually a fact: Kobe will not go down as the best ever. I'm sorry. Nothing against the guy, but it's the truth

there's my answer ;)

madiaz3
02-21-2009, 07:52 PM
What if Kobe SOMEHOW were to win 6 rings with this Lakers core, with Bynum gradually taking gasol's place in the latter years.

are you saying that if he did that he could not still be considered a top player?

Don't talk about how unlikely it would be for him to do it, but if he did, would it satisfy you guys, would it be enough to cancel out the "shaq chips". Seems like either kobe wins 6 more or bust for being named top player in the minds of critics

philab
02-21-2009, 07:56 PM
there's my answer ;)

No, that's not anything. It's my opinion that Kobe will not go down as the best ever. Obviously. Not every opinion needs to be prefaced with "In my opinion." It's clunky, superfluous, and a sign of bad writing.

The "something that is virtually a fact" language is just rhetoric -- a way of indicating that the opinion is a popularly held one and one supported by an overwhelming amount of evidence.

And once again, you do not attack my argument. Quit hurling insults and talking semantics -- argue my points or get out.

KeithLBC
02-21-2009, 07:57 PM
All I did was assert my opinion. Where do you get this "final verdict" ****? Don't get so touchy just because my opinion of your boy doesn't mesh with yours.

I'm not getting touchy at all. What you said is your opinion, what I said is mine. I honestly think that Kobe will be rated higher than 15th, but to each his own :shrug:

I am, however, stating something that is virtually a fact: Kobe will not go down as the best ever. I'm sorry. Nothing against the guy, but it's the truth.
Yeah, and I agreed with you. I don't think anyone will surpass Bill Russel's greatness or accomplishments.

And I took into account the fact that he has plenty of time left when I said 15th.
That is what I think is an ignorant statement. I didn't mean to offend you by saying you are ignorant, I meant for it to read as that statement being ignorant. Again, to each his own. You can view Kobe as where ever you want, but I think he'll move up as his career continues on.

Instead of attacking me -- calling me ignorant and such -- why don't you attack my argument?

Again, I didn't intend to seem like I was attacking you, I intended to call your statement ignorant ;)

philab
02-21-2009, 08:22 PM
I'm not getting touchy at all. What you said is your opinion, what I said is mine. I honestly think that Kobe will be rated higher than 15th, but to each his own :shrug:

Yeah, and I agreed with you. I don't think anyone will surpass Bill Russel's greatness or accomplishments.

That is what I think is an ignorant statement. I didn't mean to offend you by saying you are ignorant, I meant for it to read as that statement being ignorant. Again, to each his own. You can view Kobe as where ever you want, but I think he'll move up as his career continues on.

Again, I didn't intend to seem like I was attacking you, I intended to call your statement ignorant ;)

Fair enough.

Why is that statement ignorant, though? Simply because we don't have his whole career in mind yet? By that reasoning, the whole argument is pointless then -- arguing Kobe's career will go down as the worst ever would then have as much merit as the argument that he'll go down as best ever. After all, we haven't seen his whole career, so we can't judge yet. :rolleyes:

I mean, I guess you could mean "ignorant" without the connotation: simply lacking in knowledge. But isn't that obvious? There's no reason to point out that we'll have more knowledge once he finishes his career.

It's an educated guess. By the time his career is over, he'll be aboout 15th best in my book. Certainly he could move up (to a degree); he could also move down. I assure you that it is an educated guess, though, even if you don't agree.

Mr_Peabody
02-21-2009, 08:32 PM
Kobe can never be the best. How can you guys still argue? The guy has 3 championships and 1 MVP. Look at the low post players he has now. Gasol, and Bynum. When Shaq left, he had no good big man and couldnt win anything, he is only getting close now, cuz now he has another low post all-star. Who did Jordan have before Rodman? Also, I never like to use the word "if" in an argument, but this is a very small if. IF Jordan hadnt left for two years that he did, its hard to say he wouldnt have won the championship those years years. I mean, he leaves, doesnt play for two years, comes back and wins right away again. Kobe can never be in the same conversation as Jordan, its done.

madiaz3
02-21-2009, 08:41 PM
Kobe can never be the best. How can you guys still argue? The guy has 3 championships and 1 MVP. Look at the low post players he has now. Gasol, and Bynum. When Shaq left, he had no good big man and couldnt win anything, he is only getting close now, cuz now he has another low post all-star. Who did Jordan have before Rodman? Also, I never like to use the word "if" in an argument, but this is a very small if. IF Jordan hadnt left for two years that he did, its hard to say he wouldnt have won the championship those years years. I mean, he leaves, doesnt play for two years, comes back and wins right away again. Kobe can never be in the same conversation as Jordan, its done.

Uhh Jordan and the Bulls lost to the Magic in 1994-1995.
Ok, Jordan did not have a big man. Kobe post shaq trade did not have a big man. Who had more talent? Subtract Kobe and Jordan. Scottie Pippen can be considered a superstar, at the very least, a perennial allstar, already more talent than Kobe had with the Kwame/Smush/Walton Lakers. Unless you want to say Odom was better than Pippen, Jordan's second option already was better than Kobe's. Kobe lacked a top 3 point shooter of all time and did not have the greatest rebounder in history either. Jordan's big men averaged 14 ppg and 11 ppg respectively (Horace Grant and Luc Longley) While Kwame averaged about 6ppg during his stay in LA.

Note this post isn't meant to take away anything from Jordan but it is a joke to compare Jordan and the Bulls not having a big man to the Lakers from 2005-2008 and say Jordan won but Kobe could not.

We won't know where Kobe stands until his career is over, and that's that.

Frrrrank!!!
02-21-2009, 08:53 PM
What if Kobe SOMEHOW were to win 6 rings with this Lakers core, with Bynum gradually taking gasol's place in the latter years.

are you saying that if he did that he could not still be considered a top player?

Don't talk about how unlikely it would be for him to do it, but if he did, would it satisfy you guys, would it be enough to cancel out the "shaq chips". Seems like either kobe wins 6 more or bust for being named top player in the minds of critics

What if I was to be drafted this coming draft and win a title every year I played?:rolleyes: I would have to say it is a fact that Kobe won't win 6 more titles.

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 02:06 PM
Kobe won't win 1 more title.

carolinaraider
02-22-2009, 02:24 PM
Well I hope he stays the man is a great player and is a joy to watch also if they get rid of Odom who I dont like because of his inconsistancy I would like for the Laker to go after L. James next year

Leafsleeve
02-22-2009, 02:25 PM
Kobe couldn't co-exist with Lebron because Kobe wouldn't be the center of attention

Mr_Peabody
02-22-2009, 06:55 PM
Uhh Jordan and the Bulls lost to the Magic in 1994-1995.
Ok, Jordan did not have a big man. Kobe post shaq trade did not have a big man. Who had more talent? Subtract Kobe and Jordan. Scottie Pippen can be considered a superstar, at the very least, a perennial allstar, already more talent than Kobe had with the Kwame/Smush/Walton Lakers. Unless you want to say Odom was better than Pippen, Jordan's second option already was better than Kobe's. Kobe lacked a top 3 point shooter of all time and did not have the greatest rebounder in history either. Jordan's big men averaged 14 ppg and 11 ppg respectively (Horace Grant and Luc Longley) While Kwame averaged about 6ppg during his stay in LA.

Note this post isn't meant to take away anything from Jordan but it is a joke to compare Jordan and the Bulls not having a big man to the Lakers from 2005-2008 and say Jordan won but Kobe could not.

We won't know where Kobe stands until his career is over, and that's that.

ok so his big men didnt suck, but u cant say they wer dominant either. I'm talking about Shaq caliber player, double double machines who dominate the post, by pulling in rebounds, getting dunks, and blocking shots.