PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum

Bosh=nextKG
01-22-2009, 01:48 AM
I have never considered him a star. I always thought he had a ton of potential but tonite he has blown me away. I never thot that he had it in him to put up numbers like these. I know that this is against the Clippers who have no healthy big men but he is still 3rd option after Kobe and Pau. You have gotta be impressed with his performance tonite.

17-24 shooting
42 pts
15 boards
8 off boards
3 blocks

dgreat5000
01-22-2009, 01:50 AM
yea, those are good #'s, but its the 1st time I've heard his name all season...He still needs a ton of work

IRUAM #21
01-22-2009, 01:51 AM
What a monster game :speechless:

Gmen824
01-22-2009, 01:53 AM
That is a rediculous game tho, gotta admit, and his name wont be heard being the 3rd option but his stats are not that bad, 12.7 ppg 7.7 rebounds 1.7 blocks 1.6 assists, great game.

still1ballin
01-22-2009, 01:54 AM
He had a huge game!!

x_notorious
01-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Monster game, but then again it was against the Clippers. But still, he has found his offense the past few games averaging 19.8 the past 5 contests. His future is bright, but still has a long road ahead of him.

Fun tidbit: this was the first time a player scored 40 points in a Laker uniform not named Kobe Bryant, after the Shaq-era.

TmacBryant
01-22-2009, 01:57 AM
Bynum has always been good this year... its just that he has always been a 3rd option after kobe and gasol. He will get his chance to dominate now because kobe isnt shooting as much.

PRETTY BIRD!
01-22-2009, 01:58 AM
the last time another laker player scored 40+ other than kobe was shaq back in 2003 i think....

huge game!

JordansBulls
01-22-2009, 01:59 AM
Great game.

Torque
01-22-2009, 02:01 AM
He had a monster game tonight, yes i know it was against the Clips but 42 pts 17-24 fg 15 reb 3 blk :speechless:

lakersrock
01-22-2009, 02:07 AM
As much as he was hyped going into the year, he's finally shaking off signing that huge deal. He has been scoring great the last few games and I think he's finally about to get back to his pre-injured self from last year.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Great game. He was very aggressive on the boards. Thats all I care about.

qrich
01-22-2009, 02:10 AM
You do realize he went up against a raw 20 year old rookie(who dropped 23/12 on him with 4 blocks on 11-12 shooting by the way), Steve Novak and Brian Skinner on one leg. :rolleyes:

Great game by Ariza, 0-6 shooting :rolleyes:

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-22-2009, 02:12 AM
You do realize he went up against a raw 20 year old rookie(who dropped 23/12 on him with 4 blocks on 11-12 shooting by the way), Steve Novak and Brian Skinner on one leg. :rolleyes:

You do realize that 20 year old kid got those numbers on a 21 year old kid right? :rolleyes:

PRETTY BIRD!
01-22-2009, 02:12 AM

the game was a dunk fest....

and i agree with you on chronz!:smoking:

nBaLivEchamP
01-22-2009, 02:14 AM

jeezzzz i guess someones bitter about the clippers losing...:rolleyes:.....
....its not the lakers fault that the clippers just arent good :D

qrich
01-22-2009, 02:15 AM
You do realize that 20 year old kid got those numbers on a 21 year old kid right? :rolleyes:

Point being? One is a raw kid who dropped to #35 and spent one year in College and just had his second career NBA start(8/10 with 6 blocks in his first). While, on the flipside, the other has been in the league for 4 years now, many say he's the next coming of Shaq and put him in their top 5s. A for effort though

Bitter? Hardly, I greatly enjoyed the game and chuckled, considering we lost by a measley 3 points more then we did against the Wolves Monday afternoon.

the game was a dunk fest....

and i agree with you on chronz!:smoking:

NBA record for dunks? I'm sure its somewhere around there.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-22-2009, 02:15 AM

This was the closest contest in the past 2 years. The Lakers average margin of victory for 8 straight wins is 26:speechless:

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-22-2009, 02:20 AM
Point being? One is a raw kid who dropped to #35 and spent one year in College and just had his second career NBA start(8/10 with 6 blocks in his first). While, on the flipside, the other has been in the league for 4 years now, many say he's the next coming of Shaq and put him in their top 5s. A for effort though

But everyone was saying he did it against the Clippers and they were banged up. Its still a very nice stat line. What Jordan did was also impressive. But if someone started a thread saying how good a night he had, I dont think anyone would be a douche like you and say, "Yeah, well a 21 year old kid who had been severely underachieving, coming off a bad injury and is a 3rd or 4th option on the Lakers dropped 42 points, 15 boards with 3 blocks on 70% shooting on his @$$" :rolleyes:

qrich
01-22-2009, 02:25 AM
But everyone was saying he did it against the Clippers and they were banged up. Its still a very nice stat line. What Jordan did was also impressive. But if someone started a thread saying how good a night he had, I dont think anyone would be a douche like you and say, "Yeah, well a 21 year old kid who had been severely underachieving, coming off a bad injury and is a 3rd or 4th option on the Lakers dropped 42 points, 15 boards with 3 blocks on 70% shooting on his @$$" :rolleyes:
Besides the OP, no one mentioned the injuries, regardless, I wouldn't make a thread based off one game, even though I'd have more right to considering its barely his 2nd NBA start and is still extremelly raw as he jumps on every fake, relies on athleticism to grab rebounds as opposed to boxing out and getting position, along with having 0 offensive game.

nBaLivEchamP
01-22-2009, 02:27 AM

heyyy 42 points is 42 points, whether it was on d. howard or matt bonner. No matter how he got it or who he got it on....you gotta give drew props for killin it today. and 15 reb aint that bad either

LakersKB24
01-22-2009, 02:30 AM
Haha when I was looking at the boxscore I thought that Kobe had the 42... I was like wth when I realized that Bynum scored 42.
He even rebounded in double digits. I hope he can keep it up.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-22-2009, 02:32 AM
Besides the OP, no one mentioned the injuries, regardless, I wouldn't make a thread based off one game, even though I'd have more right to considering its barely his 2nd NBA start and is still extremelly raw as he jumps on every fake, relies on athleticism to grab rebounds as opposed to boxing out and getting position, along with having 0 offensive game.

Besides the original poster? Who else do you want. He let it be known right off the bat that he did it against a very bad and also undermanned team. Do you want everyone to be making the same point over and over again?

Here, Ill give you the disclaimer you wanted..
Bynum had a nice game but............ The Clippers were missing Camby, Kaman, ZBo, and Davis. They were not very good with them playing and still not very good without them. They have only 9 wins. They almost have the worst record in the league. Anyone who puts up monster stats on this team should have an asterisk next to it cause they did it against the Clippers.

You happy now?

QUICKTRADE
01-22-2009, 02:32 AM
its a good spark from him to push more his confidence.

Shaq back 2 L.A
01-22-2009, 02:35 AM
the last time another laker player scored 40+ other than kobe was shaq back in 2003 i think....

huge game!

yeah and kobe had 61 or 62 40+ point games in that span!!!

qrich
01-22-2009, 02:35 AM
heyyy 42 points is 42 points, whether it was on d. howard or matt bonner. No matter how he got it or who he got it on....you gotta give drew props for killin it today. and 15 reb aint that bad either

Impressive, yes, thread worthy? Far from it. You'd expect with how people are hyping this dude up, he would be putting up 20/10 at least.

Besides the original poster? Who else do you want. He let it be known right off the bat that he did it against a very bad and also undermanned team. Do you want everyone to be making the same point over and over again?

Here, Ill give you the disclaimer you wanted..
Bynum had a nice game but............ The Clippers were missing Camby, Kaman, ZBo, and Davis. They were not very good with them playing and still not very good without them. They have only 9 wins. They almost have the worst record in the league. Anyone who puts up monster stats on this team should have an asterisk next to it cause they did it against the Clippers.

You happy now?

Thanks, I needed a laugh and you were able to easily provide that.

HOLLyWOOdHiTMan
01-22-2009, 03:00 AM
*** yeah! thats a monster game for him, even its against the clips. i wanna see more double-double's from him. he is the toughness the lakers lacked last season, and him playing like this on a more consistent basis, the lakers should go back to the finals.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-22-2009, 03:06 AM
Impressive, yes, thread worthy? Far from it. You'd expect with how people are hyping this dude up, he would be putting up 20/10 at least.

Thanks, I needed a laugh and you were able to easily provide that.

No problem. Anytime.

And even though you said it in a dick way, you are kinda right. Jordan did have a great game against Bynum. Maybe they made an agreement not to guard each other so they could both get gaudy stats.

Torque
01-22-2009, 03:09 AM

And you know why he's not putting up so good numbers every single day? Because he's behind Kobe and Gasol. He's the 3rd option on the team, and averages 29 minutes a game. Quit hating dude. :rolleyes:

If its not thread worthy, why even bother viewing it? :rolleyes:

GspLAL
01-22-2009, 03:13 AM
Explain how he's supposed to put up 20/10 when theres Kobe, Gasol, and Odom on the team and they all need the ball too, Lakers are stacked so it's hard to score that much, BUT the last few games he's been getting way more touches and averaging what, 18 19 in the last 6 games? something like that...

I love how anything about Lakers turns into a hating spree.

BigSix316
01-22-2009, 03:27 AM
I do think that he should be getting ~10 boards per game. But he's only getting 9.8 FGA per game, and that's counting the 24 he got tonight.

Shots per game:

Kobe - 20.4 FGA
Gasol - 12.0 FGA
Bynum - 9.8 FGA
Fisher - 9.3 FGA
Odom - 7.4 FGA
Ariza - 7.0 FGA

The Lakers average 83.8 FGA per game and Kobe takes 24.4% of them.

Over his last eight games, Bynum is getting 20.1 ppg on 60.6% shooting and averaging 13.6 FGA.

On a side note, Kobe is averaging 26.1 ppg, 7.4 rpg and 9.9 apg in his last seven games.

GspLAL
01-22-2009, 03:29 AM
I do think that he should be getting ~10 boards per game. But he's only getting 9.8 FGA per game, and that's counting the 24 he got tonight.

Shots per game:

Kobe - 20.4 FGA
Gasol - 12.0 FGA
Bynum - 9.8 FGA
Fisher - 9.3 FGA
Odom - 7.4 FGA
Ariza - 7.0 FGA

The Lakers average 83.8 FGA per game and Kobe takes 24.4% of them.

Over his last eight games, Bynum is getting 20.1 ppg on 60.6% shooting and averaging 13.6 FGA.

Yeah he should be averaging more rebounds with his size IMO.

Teeboy1487
01-22-2009, 03:32 AM
Who cares what grich thinks. He roots for losers. I was very impress with Bynum. I said it the other day. If he played with more passion who would dominate. I love being right.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2009, 03:51 AM
i wodner how many points would Odom, Pau or fisher score if some night they were alowed to take 35+ attempts at the basket....

And by the way if Gasol made a 40 points game but alowed a player like Deandre to score that much everybody woudl be on his nuts calling him gasoft.....

GoatMilk
01-22-2009, 04:24 AM
i dont mean this the way it may sound so bear with me.

Bynum's 42 is more than Dwight(39) and Yao(41) have EVER scored in a game. <3

and just to prove i dont mean anything, Eddy Curry scored 43 points before(in OT)

Bosh=nextKG
01-22-2009, 04:25 AM
i already think pau is kinda soft and Andrew showed that he's got wut it takes. Thats all I meant by this thread. He has been hyped up and today he proved that he can become a star in this league. He still has to improve alot so that these stats stay consistent but its impressive that anyone can score 40 pts when Kobe is on your team. Then you got Pau as well. getting 15 boards is impressive too wen u got another 7 footer in there but come on 17-24, 42 pts. Kobe has to take 10 more shots in order for him to get 40 pts. That efficiency right there is beautiful, ohh n also i'm prolly the farthest thing from a lakers fan, i wus just impressed.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2009, 04:35 AM
^ Of course kobe needs to take 10 more shots, you know? its mroe difficult for guards to score with good% than for centers, because basically they take jupers from some disntance instead of dunks.

And Bynum has still a long way to go before he is an star, for the moment heis in the eddie curry sweepstakes.

I hope he learns some D and to hustle more than he does ( liek today) and that he does not come nearern than 15 kilomenteres to a BUrger king so eh does not walk the same path as curry.

Vidball
01-22-2009, 04:40 AM
Congrats to Drew...I think he can put up 15/10 for the second half of the season. The one thing that seemed to be missing was his confidence--these past few games have provided that for him.

Lakersfan2483
01-22-2009, 05:06 AM
Great all-around performance by Bynum today, 42, 15 and 3 blocks.

LakeShowRaider
01-22-2009, 05:31 AM
Yes Bynum has unlimited potential! I'm glad the world is noticing!

BUt got damnnnn who is that girl in your sig????!!! :speechless:

I have never considered him a star. I always thought he had a ton of potential but tonite he has blown me away. I never thot that he had it in him to put up numbers like these. I know that this is against the Clippers who have no healthy big men but he is still 3rd option after Kobe and Pau. You have gotta be impressed with his performance tonite.

17-24 shooting
42 pts
15 boards
8 off boards
3 blocks

Lost Art
01-22-2009, 05:41 AM
So this is what happens when we get Bynum involved :) Take note Phil

mavericksfan33
01-22-2009, 05:59 AM
this was really a monster game on Bynums part.
and it doesnt really matter that it was against the Clippers, u gotta remember that these guys are all in the NBA and some of em can play some defense.
the thing was that Kobe was passing the ball, and he was gettin double teams so Bynum would be wide open.
also something that caught my eye was that he had the 42 points in just 36 minutes of action.

Nighthawk
01-22-2009, 06:59 AM
Oh wow 42 points from a big 7 footer against a GARBAGE team with no bigs?? You want me to be impressed. Jordan, Skinner and Novak??? LOL....do it against a good team

JayW_1023
01-22-2009, 09:16 AM
Hopefully Bynum can keep this up. He always has the potential. Kobe did a masterful job as playmaker as well.

kingjanjic
01-22-2009, 09:32 AM
Bynum has always been good this year... its just that he has always been a 3rd option after kobe and gasol. He will get his chance to dominate now because kobe isnt shooting as much.

ya kobes gonna be passing more now 2 cuz he dosnt need to score n plus his injuries. triple doubles gonna come easy

nashty13
01-22-2009, 10:50 AM
any one realize that deandra jordan had a career night against him? gotta be big on both ends.

DrDEADalready
01-22-2009, 10:57 AM
He's not good. Sometime players get lucky. and shot fall for them. You can't count on a performance like that everynight.
Probably won't happen again anytime soon.

JJ81
01-22-2009, 11:09 AM
Great game, I'm looking forward to seeing more games like these from him! In about 2 seasons he'll be the best C in the West at least. I'm still waiting too see him work together with Pau in the same what that Odom does.

S.J.Basketball
01-22-2009, 11:12 AM
He's not good. Sometime players get lucky. and shot fall for them. You can't count on a performance like that everynight.

So going 17 for 24 is pure luck, huh? I guess his free throws and rebounds and blocks were alllllllllllllll luck.

NO ONE can count on a performance of 42 pts 15 rbs 3 blocks every night. That would be legendary. Thanks for your input. Really appreciate it.

futureman
01-22-2009, 11:18 AM
Not even thread worthy. If there is nobody defending him this should've been expected. But if he only scored 42 against at eam that wasn't defending him I would be really concerned. He should've had 84 points.

xxepo
01-22-2009, 11:20 AM
I think he can be a 20/10 player , Everytime I watch him play it seems that he thinks his the best player on the floor very cocky and over confident ....not sure if thats a bad thing lol I bet kobe puts him in his place same with phil

DrDEADalready
01-22-2009, 11:36 AM
I'm just saying. Going against the Clips. and he's the only big man out there. Kinda pointless to bring up how good did. Thats nothing to brag about. How manytimes when he actually goes against a decent team. he gets 11pts and 3 rebounds pretty pathetic for a center

innovator
01-22-2009, 11:41 AM
Not even thread worthy. If there is nobody defending him this should've been expected. But if he only scored 42 against at eam that wasn't defending him I would be really concerned. He should've had 84 points.

don be jealous please if that game was nothing because clippers have no defense and bigmen then explain this

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Apu24UeAQChm2mM2QRMMONSQvLYF?gid=200 9011912
al jefferson only 20 points

nd4T.O.
01-22-2009, 11:44 AM
haha i see haters the kid is 21 give him a god damn break he had a great game..hes only gonna get better

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Oh wow 42 points from a big 7 footer against a GARBAGE team with no bigs?? You want me to be impressed. Jordan, Skinner and Novak??? LOL....do it against a good team

You ever see Kendrick Perkins come close to that? Bynum would have made Big baby cry like KG did.

showtym24
01-22-2009, 11:45 AM
Jordan had a good game but all his points were off putbacks and allyoops. Drew was a monster deal with it and get used to it.

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 11:47 AM

He is part of a the best team in the west, he can't just throw up shots every night like he is playing for a bottom feeding team like the Jazz.

showtym24
01-22-2009, 11:48 AM

I hope we see you in the playoffs again so he can dominate you guys. Nevermind you would make an excuse there too cuz yall got no bigs either.;)

nd4T.O.
01-22-2009, 11:49 AM
He is part of a the best team in the west, he can't just throw up shots every night like he is playing for a bottom feeding team like the Jazz.

Totally agree man give me bynum over boozer anyday

Silent
01-22-2009, 11:51 AM
put him against the bulls and he will score a 100

showtym24
Totally agree man give me bynum over boozer anyday

And milsap. Cant wait till we play them.

DrDEADalready
You guys are morons. for making a thread like this. 1. this belongs in your lakers forum. no one cares about how good a overrated center did on the lakers in one game.

Memo scored 43pts agains the Pacers. you don't see us coming in here and making a thread everytime. a player scores over 40 pts. move this thread to your forum. Its just going to lead to fights.

nd4T.O.
01-22-2009, 11:53 AM
haha well how come its not only laker fans on here the only hater is douche bag Jazz fans

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 11:54 AM
You guys are morons. for making a thread like this. 1. this belongs in your lakers forum. no one cares about how good a overrated center did on the lakers in one game.

Memo scored 43pts agains the Pacers. you don't see us coming in here and making a thread everytime. a player scores over 40 pts. move this thread to your forum. Its just going to lead to fights.

1. You care because you are posting in this thread

2. You guys don't make a thread in the NBA forum because there is like only 3 Jazz fans on this site.

The guy that started the thread is a Raptors fan.

showtym24
01-22-2009, 11:55 AM

Memo's a 30 year old euro player that, lives at the 3 point line and reached his potential about three years ago. Thats why.

Er1c
01-22-2009, 11:56 AM

hahaha...............

showtym24
01-22-2009, 11:56 AM
1. You care because you are posting in this thread

2. You guys don't make a thread in the NBA forum because there is like only 3 Jazz fans on this site.

The guy that started the thread is a Raptors fan.

lol

DrDEADalready
01-22-2009, 11:59 AM
Okay a Raptors fan started it. and 95% of every one that is posting on it is a laker fan. so move this garbage to your own. forum.

MJ-BULLS
01-22-2009, 12:03 PM
nice game

DrDEADalready
01-22-2009, 12:04 PM
Every time someone post something about the lakers in the nba forum. all the laker fans start coming. and defending there players. when any other fan. comments about them. all of you laker fans can't accept other people opinions. when they disagree with you.

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Every time someone post something about the lakers in the nba forum. all the laker fans start coming. and defending there players. when any other fan. comments about them. all of you laker fans can't accept other people opinions. when they disagree with you.

Like I said before there are a lot of Laker fans on this site.

You were the guy defending the Jazz yesterday when people were saying that they might not make the playoffs and they are not good.

Zefflin
all of you laker fans can't accept other people opinions. when they disagree with you.

Not all. I am by no means the average 15 year old mongoloid Laker fan.

Nexus
Truly impressive. Yeah, one game is one game. But you'll notice a lot of stars had massive games while averaging modest numbers before they hit their prime.

One thing though: Kobe was hand feeding Bynum a lot of those points.

Zefflin
01-22-2009, 12:09 PM
Truly impressive. Yeah, one game is one game. But you'll notice a lot of stars had massive games while averaging modest numbers before they hit their prime.

One thing though: Kobe was hand feeding Bynum a lot of those points.

All true, and I hope that continues.

tonyd3b54
01-22-2009, 12:16 PM
i knew someone would make this thread...

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 12:20 PM
i knew someone would make this thread...

So you must have thought this post through.

chicagowhitesox
01-22-2009, 12:23 PM
monster game, but he's still not a star.

ElSerenoBlu
01-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Yeahhh, that was weak sauce, against a team like the Clippers, Bynum should have scored at least 60 pts and at least 30 rebounds with at least 17 blocks!! :rolleyes:

All you haters can go back to your own team forum and hate on your own center because they'll never get 42 pts against a team like the Clips! hahah waaaaa waaaaaa! :mad:

qrich
01-22-2009, 12:39 PM
don be jealous please if that game was nothing because clippers have no defense and bigmen then explain this

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore;_ylt=Apu24UeAQChm2mM2QRMMONSQvLYF?gid=200 9011912
al jefferson only 20 points

Look at Craig Smith, a 9/3 guy went for 20-8.

Also, look at DeAndre going for 8/10 with 6 blocks, meaning, Big Al was playing defense and didn't allow an extremelly raw 20-footer to go for 23/12 and only miss 1 shot. Plus, he didn't have anyone spoon feeding him the ball to stat-pad.

Vidball
01-22-2009, 12:43 PM
I'm fine with Bynum giving up 20 a night if he averages 42 a game. It's ridiculous to consider a 42 pt game by a 7 foot 21y.o. anything but a great thing. Man, it must be frustrating to be a Clips fan.

innovator
01-22-2009, 12:55 PM
you will see more of mr. bynum during the playoffs while you guys are sitting at home doing nothing crying that your team is already eliminated

innovator
01-22-2009, 12:56 PM
Yeahhh, that was weak sauce, against a team like the Clippers, Bynum should have scored at least 60 pts and at least 30 rebounds with at least 17 blocks!! :rolleyes:

All you haters can go back to your own team forum and hate on your own center because they'll never get 42 pts against a team like the Clips! hahah waaaaa waaaaaa! :mad:

then lets see if another C can score 42 points vs. the clippers if its so easy to score vs. the clippers

Living Legend
01-22-2009, 01:09 PM
Epic night for the young budda.

He is the chosen one who will lead the Lakers for the next decade.

He is just getting started.

Nighthawk
01-22-2009, 01:56 PM
You ever see Kendrick Perkins come close to that? Bynum would have made Big baby cry like KG did.

REALLY???? REALLY?? come kiddo your better than that

Nighthawk
01-22-2009, 01:58 PM
So you must have thought this post through.

Whats there to think through????? Bynum has been a bust this season imo. And thats by going by Lakers fans expectations from here. He has One monster game and gets a thread?? LOL

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Whats there to think through????? Bynum has been a bust this season imo. And thats by going by Lakers fans expectations from here. He has One monster game and gets a thread?? LOL

How is a 21 year old 3rd option on a team a bust?

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 02:06 PM

C's fans make threads about Rondo all the time, a guyt that averages 10.9ppg and 8apg. Saying stuff like he is the best PG in the east. Without the big 3 he would be getting like 4 assists a game.

Nighthawk
01-22-2009, 02:09 PM
How is a 21 year old 3rd option on a team a bust?

Not a BUST in the sense of a Kwame Brown or Olowakandi. But Im pretty POSITIVE Many laker fans expected Bynum to have a much better statistical season than hes having. Of course now you can use the excuse HES 21 AND ONLY IN HIS 3RD YEAR. which is fine.

LA412
01-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Great game but dont get too excited......it was against the likes of Brian Skinner.....he should get better since he is still getting back to top shape from his injury

Nighthawk
01-22-2009, 02:11 PM
C's fans make threads about Rondo all the time, a guyt that averages 10.9ppg and 8apg. Saying stuff like he is the best PG in the east. Without the big 3 he would be getting like 4 assists a game.

First of all those threads are made in the CELTICS forums so thats quite alright in my book. I love when people say Rondo only has assist because the Big 3. Are the BIG 3 the only people Rondo could pass to that would put the ball in the hoop. Be real when your debating dude. Rondo has amazing court vision and is a play maker. He gets to the rim at will and is always looking to set up his teammates. He thinks Pass first, pass second, shoot 3rd. Put Rondo on another team and hes going to set up those guys and get em great looks. On the celtics, he gets to pass to 3 future HOFers. I find it funny though that people think that. Like Rondo ONLY passes to the Big 3..lol

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 02:12 PM
Not a BUST in the sense of a Kwame Brown or Olowakandi. But Im pretty POSITIVE Many laker fans expected Bynum to have a much better statistical season than hes having. Of course now you can use the excuse HES 21 AND ONLY IN HIS 3RD YEAR. which is fine.

I thought 14 and 10 for this year, there is no way he could be a 18 to 20ppg scorer with all the scorers the Lakers have and he only shoots about 10 times a game. He is shooting 55%.:D

Nighthawk
01-22-2009, 02:14 PM
Great game but dont get too excited......it was against the likes of Brian Skinner.....he should get better since he is still getting back to top shape from his injury

Thank You...I see things Like i HOPE THIS IS A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME...LOL...yeah if Brian Skinne covered Bynum every game

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 02:16 PM
First of all those threads are made in the CELTICS forums so thats quite alright in my book. I love when people say Rondo only has assist because the Big 3. Are the BIG 3 the only people Rondo could pass to that would put the ball in the hoop. Be real when your debating dude. Rondo has amazing court vision and is a play maker. He gets to the rim at will and is always looking to set up his teammates. He thinks Pass first, pass second, shoot 3rd. Put Rondo on another team and hes going to set up those guys and get em great looks. On the celtics, he gets to pass to 3 future HOFers. I find it funny though that people think that. Like Rondo ONLY passes to the Big 3..lol

Not when teams play off him and let him shoot thats why he has nights with like 4 or 7 points. Most teams haven't figured out that you don't have to guard Rondo, just have his man play back and let him shoot.

Big Game Son
Not impressed. Bad team - bad defender on him and a team with no morale. I've seen Darius Miles and other dudes put up 44 too. lol! Til Bynum shows he can do this vs a contending team I dont care. He has super potential though and this is a glimpse of it. However can he play like this frequently with Pau beside him....remains to be seen.

Nighthawk
I thought 14 and 10 for this year, there is no way he could be a 18 to 20ppg scorer with all the scorers the Lakers have and he only shoots about 10 times a game. He is shooting 55%.:D

HE SHOULD BE!!! Hes a monster. Its not like hes spotting up for jumpers or trying to beat defenders of the dribble. He posts up and muscles his way for buckets. I believe Perk is shooting a better percentage so dont get to excited about that. Not saying Perk is better. But there bigs who stay in the paint. The FG% ISNT going to be low unless there missing TONS on bunnys

midwestmadman
01-22-2009, 02:22 PM
Tony Delk, George McCloud, Dale Ellis, Terry Cummings, all these players have had great games 50+ points in a game I wouldn't exactly say these are high caliber NBA superstars. I will say that Bynum has more potential he showed it tonight but I am not about to crown this guy the next great big man. His number reflect more of a Sam Bowie thus far. Lot's of promise but a lot of work to do if he wants to be a superstar or even a star in this league.

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 02:25 PM
HE SHOULD BE!!! Hes a monster. Its not like hes spotting up for jumpers or trying to beat defenders of the dribble. He posts up and muscles his way for buckets. I believe Perk is shooting a better percentage so dont get to excited about that. Not saying Perk is better. But there bigs who stay in the paint. The FG% ISNT going to be low unless there missing TONS on bunnys

Bynum shoots 15 footers this year also. Perk doesn't even have enough attempts to qualify with the NBA leaders in FG%.

Nighthawk
01-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Bynum shoots 15 footers this year also. Perk doesn't even have enough attempts to qualify with the NBA leaders in FG%.

Perk isnt asked or needed ONE BIT on the offensive end. If Perk put up 42 points in a game id ****. Bynum right now is a better opffensive player. Perk imo is a much better defender and rebounder. Hes a big tough mofo. Plays with an edge. If Perk develops low post moves and a decent 10 ft jump shot we would be even scarier if thats possible.

Alrighty im done talking about Bynum...I REALLY dont care at all..haha going to roll me a big ole fatty :smoking:

Gibby23
01-22-2009, 02:30 PM
Perk isnt asked or needed ONE BIT on the offensive end. If Perk put up 42 points in a game id ****. Bynum right now is a better opffensive player. Perk imo is a much better defender and rebounder. Hes a big tough mofo. Plays with an edge. If Perk develops low post moves and a decent 10 ft jump shot we would be even scarier if thats possible.

Ill give you the D, I wish Bynum would play D like Perk. I think they are about even on rebounding, even though both should be getting 10 plus a game.

lakers4sho
01-22-2009, 03:14 PM
It was a great game, but nothing more than that. I'd rather see a consistent Bynum rather than a Bynum who puts up 42 one night and disappears the next 10.

KB24PG16
01-22-2009, 08:14 PM
he had a good game but he was playin against the already bad clippers team without their 4 best players... but he was a monstor against what the clippers had left

what54!?
01-22-2009, 08:17 PM
If he played more like he did last night the lakers will be in very good shape.

xxdc2tegxx
01-22-2009, 08:31 PM

he's a bust in the sense that everybody and their mom thought that bynum would be that savior of the "defensive" side. Yes bynum is young, he could be a sernior college for christ sake, but the hype was there that bynums defense would take the lakers over the top.

I find it irrelevant though, the lakers are still a top 3 team in the league, and whether or not it's on BYNUM to make the difference against the BIG 3 or LBJ in the finals is up to him.

JayW_1023
01-22-2009, 08:33 PM
^^^

True. That Bynum can score is nice...but the Lakers need him to focus on defense and rebounding foremost.

I don't want him to be like Amare Stoudemire, getting a prima donna attitude about the amounts of touches on offense, and meanwhile not being held accountable for defensive lapses.

GodsSon
01-22-2009, 08:36 PM
Nice stat line, but prior to the season so many people were hailing him to be the next coming of shaq, and he hasnt lived up to those expectations. On top of that, he was voted top 5 centres in the league on the PSD forum? As a Raptor fan, i guess you can group Bargnani alongside him then right now (check the stats between the two) as a top 5 centre lol

GspLAL
01-22-2009, 08:37 PM
Nighthawk you really have no knowledge, just stop trying..we don't expect Bynum to average 20 points a game because we don't need it. So far he's doing exactly what we need him to do, the only thing he's not doing so well in the last couple games is rebounding but even then he's still averaging a decent amount (8), if he gets 2-3 more in his average to go along the 13 points and 2 blocks he's getting, thats perfect. We hype him because we have seen him play and see what he can do, we've seen his footwork, post moves, and now he has a jumpshot to go with it, all he needs are touches now, WE LAKER FANS HAVE SEEN IT, people who don't watch Lakers daily won't understand so stop trying to act like you know **** about our team.

Last I checked this was an NBA forum and I'm pretty sure Bynum is part of the NBA. People just wanna hate cuz its about the Lakers..I don't see people flippin out about Derick Rose or the Granger all star thread.

jrodmesche
01-22-2009, 08:45 PM
would the lakes mind giving him to miami? lol

dre1990
01-22-2009, 08:50 PM
it was a great game the clippers fought hard. all they need to do now is get him to rebound

LAKERS 24/7
01-22-2009, 08:57 PM

Laker fans do not consider him a bust by any means. He hasn't lived up to expectations thus far, but since Laker fans expect all their players to be godlike every night, its not really saying much. He has done well enough so far, we're not complaining at 33-8.

jackyyy
01-22-2009, 09:22 PM
great game by bynum.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-22-2009, 09:23 PM
1 good game and you dudes get crazy.

Bosh=nextKG
01-22-2009, 09:46 PM
Yes Bynum has unlimited potential! I'm glad the world is noticing!

BUt got damnnnn who is that girl in your sig????!!! :speechless:

my fine *** gf. She goes to Cal. She pole vaults. She's pretty raw

Bosh=nextKG
01-22-2009, 10:05 PM
Also to all u guys giving me **** for starting this thread shut up, If u read the original post I say that I dont think bynum is a star and I'm not saying that he will be, I posted this not just because he had a great game, but because he plays on a team with Kobe Bryant and put up these numbers. Andrew is the 3rd option on the team so all you idiots giving me ****, shut the **** up. Non one has played on a team with Kobe and scored 40 pts in a game since 2003. Thats why this game was amazing, not just because he had good stats

Shaq back 2 L.A
01-22-2009, 10:32 PM
Thank You...I see things Like i HOPE THIS IS A SIGN OF THINGS TO COME...LOL...yeah if Brian Skinne covered Bynum every game

typical celtics fans angry because they dont have bynum on their team. by the way i think bynum has more upside then dwight howard!:hide:

Hawkeye15
01-22-2009, 11:12 PM
Bynum is doing what the Lakers need him to do. He is not going to average 20-12 anytime soon, maybe never. His personal growth is and has been stunted due to the team he is on, but he is getting valuable playoff experience this year, and learning how to be on a team that wins. We will see if he eventually develops into what he may have been if he were on the Wolves, or the Grizzlies for example. I doubt it, but he at least has a great chance to win a ring in the next few years, something many greats never get.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2009, 11:13 PM
typical celtics fans angry because they dont have bynum on their team. by the way i think bynum has more upside then dwight howard!:hide:

hilarious

MilfHunter07
01-23-2009, 12:23 AM
He's not the money that he's getting paid for though. 1 good game in the whole season doesn't mean your worth 13+ Million.

GspLAL
01-23-2009, 12:38 AM
He's not the money that he's getting paid for though. 1 good game in the whole season doesn't mean your worth 13+ Million.

Now that is something I agree with, he's overpaid because Lakers want him to be their future center once Kobe slows down so they had to give him that much so he stays.

DCB/LAL
01-23-2009, 02:39 AM
my fine *** gf. She goes to Cal. She pole vaults. She's pretty raw

Uh........her name is allison stokke and she is not your girlfriend bro keep dreaming though you hittin on that pineapple express?

Cracka2HI!
01-23-2009, 02:44 AM
If the thread is about the game yesterday then he was very impressive. Yes the Clipps suck but they played well yesterday. The teams were probably even with Bynum being the difference.

Lakers4ItAll
01-23-2009, 02:53 AM
LOL Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Uh........her name is allison stokke and she is not your girlfriend bro keep dreaming though you hittin on that pineapple express?

BigSix316
01-23-2009, 03:15 AM
Drew is getting it done over the last nine games, that's for sure.

31.8 mpg
20.4 ppg
7.1 rpg
61.2 FG%
70.6 FT%

Now I know nine games doesn't make a career, or even a season. But he's in a pretty good stretch right now. Hopefully he can keep it up.

Realistically, if he got 14 ppg and 11 rpg while providing a defensive presence inside, I'd be happy. I'm sure the Lakers would be too.

ARMIN12NBA
01-23-2009, 04:03 AM

He is getting paid 2 million dollars this season. So yes, he IS the money that he is getting paid for and more. Your argument can hold next year when he is making 10+ million dollars. Until then, Bynum is a bargain player.

Lost Art
01-23-2009, 04:46 AM
Bynum does it again tonight. He's looking like he's going to earn that $14 million right now :clap:

ARMIN12NBA
01-23-2009, 05:25 AM

1. If that was the case then why doesn't every big man that plays against the Clippers have games like Bynum!?!?!

2. Deandre Jordan scored most of his points while Bynum was not guarding him and while Bynum was on the bench. Jordan barely even got the ball when Bynum was guarding him. Most of Jordan's damage was done against Gasol and off P & R during switches with late rotations.

innovator
01-23-2009, 05:59 AM
1. If that was the case then why doesn't every big man that plays against the Clippers have games like Bynum!?!?!

2. Deandre Jordan scored most of his points while Bynum was not guarding him and while Bynum was on the bench. Jordan barely even got the ball when Bynum was guarding him. Most of Jordan's damage was done against Gasol and off P & R during switches with late rotations.

very well said

JayW_1023
01-23-2009, 06:28 AM
I think if Bynum can find some consistency he has the tools to be the leagues best center. He is playing very well now.

SouljahPhil...
01-23-2009, 06:33 AM
Bynum does it again tonight. He's looking like he's going to earn that $14 million right now :clap:

Lost art I thought bynum's contract will start next year??

Just correct me if I'm wrong but i think he is still in his rookie contract...

SouljahPhil...
01-23-2009, 06:35 AM
I think if Bynum can find some consistency he has the tools to be the leagues best center. He is playing very well now.

I want to see him do that to a team with great defenders...I'm looking forward to the game against the spurs...But I doubt he score more than 15...Kobe will take charge in those games..

As long as drew defends and rebound the ball well I'm fine with it..

Lost Art
01-23-2009, 06:43 AM
Lost art I thought bynum's contract will start next year??

Just correct me if I'm wrong but i think he is still in his rookie contract...

It does start next season.........but its signed, sealed, and delivered.........all I'm saying is that it looks like he's probably going to be worth every penny, maybe more?

bleedprple&gold
01-23-2009, 03:52 PM

If someone wants to make a thread, who are you to say whether its thread-worty or not? If you don't like it, then guess what, DON'T POST HERE. Get off your damn high-horse, sheeeeesh...

And 42 points is impressive at any level. I don't care who you are going up against. He was still playing against nba players last time I checked...

GspLAL
01-23-2009, 04:26 PM
LOL Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Lol waiting for a response..

Bosh=nextKG
01-23-2009, 09:35 PM

my bad i meant to write future gf. haha i wish dude, she is soooooo fine.

Morgan
01-23-2009, 11:39 PM
It's going to be a while before Bynum ever makes an all star team because Yao is always going to be the starter because of all the Chinese votes he gets. Shaq will be around a few more years and Al Jefferson is the best C in the west right now plus Greg Oden could turn into a beast next year or the year after.

lakers4sho
01-23-2009, 11:42 PM
^^ Bynum is closer to being an All-Star than Greg Oden IMO.

Morgan
01-23-2009, 11:46 PM
^^ Bynum is closer to being an All-Star than Greg Oden IMO.

I never said he wasn't. I said Al Jefferson, Yao, and Shaq are currently blocking Bynum from being an all star and, Oden might block him too in a year or so. I never said Oden was going to be an all star ahead of Bynum. Why don't you listen instead of making dumb comments. I swear the things the majority of you Laker fans post leads me to believe that most of you have just become teenagers. If not then you guys need to grow up.

lakers4sho
01-23-2009, 11:55 PM
I never said he wasn't. I said Al Jefferson, Yao, and Shaq are currently blocking Bynum from being an all star and, Oden might block him too in a year or so. I never said Oden was going to be an all star ahead of Bynum. Why don't you listen instead of making dumb comments. I swear the things the majority of you Laker fans post leads me to believe that most of you have just become teenagers. If not then you guys need to grow up.

Sorry bro, it's called misinterpretation. No need to get all worked out for such a simple mistake.

ARMIN12NBA
01-24-2009, 12:48 AM

Bynum will probably make an all-star team before Al Jefferson. It seems like the coaches are putting a lot of emphasis on winning and not just stats. They will probably put a player with lesser stats, but on a winning team rather than a player with larger stats on a loser team. There was a huge discussion about this on TNT yesterday.

Morgan
01-24-2009, 01:57 AM
Bynum will probably make an all-star team before Al Jefferson. It seems like the coaches are putting a lot of emphasis on winning and not just stats. They will probably put a player with lesser stats, but on a winning team rather than a player with larger stats on a loser team. There was a huge discussion about this on TNT yesterday.

I doubt it. Al Jefferson is a lot better than Bynum and Minnesota has been playing pretty good since McHale took over. Al Jefferson will most likely make the all star game this year.

lakers4sho
01-24-2009, 01:59 AM
I don't think he will make it this year. I think the coaches will go with Shaq, and there are too many good forwards in the West and I doubt they would pick a 3rd center.

Iron24th
01-24-2009, 02:46 AM
Yeah you guys don't understand that to be on a winning team is more important than individual stats.

ARMIN12NBA
01-24-2009, 04:33 AM
Yeah you guys don't understand that to be on a winning team is more important than individual stats.

There should definitely be a combination of both. Bynum is definitely improving and his stats are getting better by the day. At this point, he is averaging 14/8/2. Pretty good numbers for being a 3rd option on the team.

Torque
01-28-2009, 02:38 AM
How about tonight's performance vs the Bobcats?

41 min, 10-14 fg 24 points, 14 rebounds, 6 blocks!

Yes i know we lost that game, but Bynum's performance was really good.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 02:40 AM
How about tonight's performance vs the Bobcats?

41 min, 10-14 fg 24 points, 14 rebounds, 6 blocks!

Yes i know we lost that game, but Bynum's performance was really good.

Yeah he was great...that dirty foul on Wallace that knocked him out of the game was real classy, I mean he really went for the ball (Ribs) on that one.

And...the Bobcats have beaten the Lakers 5 out of the last 6 times.

GoatMilk
01-28-2009, 02:42 AM
Yeah he was great...that dirty foul on Wallace that knocked him out of the game was real classy, I mean he really went for the ball (Ribs) on that one.

terrible foul, but he didnt do it on purpose. well he didnt do it to give the cats freethrows and the ball. just bad luck

and yeah charlotte owns L.A. too bad they can't play them more lol

Brooke
01-28-2009, 02:47 AM

he didnt do that on purpose. I am sure it is easier to beat the Lakers when Kobe fouls out.....

Torque
01-28-2009, 02:52 AM
he didnt do that on purpose. I am sure it is easier to beat the Lakers when Kobe fouls out.....

You mean when the refs foul Kobe out, that was just a terrible call.

S.J.Basketball
01-28-2009, 03:02 AM
You mean when the refs foul Kobe out, that was just a terrible call.

It wasn't a terrible call. Kobe fouled the guy and it was a ticky-tack foul, but a foul none the less. Kobe was just pissed because he didn't wanna go out like that. I mean who would? Especially after playing a hell of a game.

Anyways back to Bynum...yea he was beastly tonight and is showing more consistency. He's finally doing what a center should do. REBOUND lol. Also, he showed off some sweet offensive moves in the 2nd OT man. Really goes to show you how invaluable it is to have a teacher like Kareem show you the proper foot work and post moves. This kid is gonna be a star. How big? Who knows, but he will be a force to reckon with in the near future.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 03:06 AM

And I'm sure it's easier to beat the Bobcats when you knock out their best player on offense AND defense.

He didn't even go for the ball, he went right for his body, and not only that, he gave him a shot to the ribs with his elbow. If you are trying to foul a guy and not hurt him, your wrap him up. Bynum was out of position and should have just let him go, he had no chance to even make a play on the ball.

GoatMilk
01-28-2009, 03:11 AM
And I'm sure it's easier to beat the Bobcats when you knock out their best player on offense AND defense.

He didn't even go for the ball, he went right for his body, and not only that, he gave him a shot to the ribs with his elbow. If you are trying to foul a guy and not hurt him, your wrap him up. Bynum was out of position and should have just let him go, he had no chance to even make a play on the ball.

thats why he did it though. why would anyone give up a dunk that late in the game? he meant to foul him and give him free throws. no malicious intent. just bad luck

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 03:15 AM
thats why he did it though. why would anyone give up a dunk that late in the game? he meant to foul him and give him free throws. no malicious intent. just bad luck

If you can prevent a dunk without hurting a guy, then yes. But he was so out of position that he couldn't make any sort of play on the ball. He went right for his body, which is a flagrant, and in my opinion, a dirty play.

If Okafor laid Kobe out like that you'd be saying the same thing.

GoatMilk
01-28-2009, 03:18 AM
If you can prevent a dunk without hurting a guy, then yes. But he was so out of position that he couldn't make any sort of play on the ball. He went right for his body, which is a flagrant, and in my opinion, a dirty play.

If Okafor laid Kobe out like that you'd be saying the same thing.

it was a bad foul, but it wasn't dirty. i dont want to sound like a kobe dickrider because i'm not. i like to be fair on these types of things.

so again, bad foul. i say it's not dirty because it really was all an accident. Bynum went to try and draw a charge, saw he was too late, then tried to lock him up. unfortunately Wallace was going so fast that when he hit a wall, it was just bad news.

G-Funk
01-28-2009, 03:38 AM
he's a bust in the sense that everybody and their mom thought that bynum would be that savior of the "defensive" side. Yes bynum is young, he could be a sernior college for christ sake, but the hype was there that bynums defense would take the lakers over the top.

I find it irrelevant though, the lakers are still a top 3 team in the league, and whether or not it's on BYNUM to make the difference against the BIG 3 or LBJ in the finals is up to him.

Lakers are 19-2 when he blocks 2 or more shots per game 3-4 when he doesn't get any blocks. So I can see why some Lakers fans think he can be the savior besides Bynum is way better than Gasol at center, If Celtics didn't have Perkins last year and had to play Garnett at center, C's fans would be saying the same thing, not because Perkins is great but because he moves Garnett back to his natural position.

KobeIs
01-28-2009, 03:44 AM
it was a bad foul, but it wasn't dirty. i dont want to sound like a kobe dickrider because i'm not. i like to be fair on these types of things.

so again, bad foul. i say it's not dirty because it really was all an accident. Bynum went to try and draw a charge, saw he was too late, then tried to lock him up. unfortunately Wallace was going so fast that when he hit a wall, it was just bad news.

i dont really think bynum tried to draw a charge cuz 9 out of 10, refs wont call it a charge. i just think he wanted to block it but was WAY late.

and who ever thinks that was a dirty play then they should look at a replay cuz bynum tried to help him up. no malice intended, just a VERY hard foul.

Teeboy1487
01-28-2009, 03:47 AM
Derek you guys won the game. The guy will be ok so SHUT UP!!

Lost Art
01-28-2009, 04:42 AM
Bynum is better than Gasol..........there, I said it.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 04:48 AM
Derek you guys won the game. The guy will be ok so SHUT UP!!

Ouch, someone is pissed.

"I don't want to speculate, but at first they told me he might have broken ribs and then they talked about a collapsed lung," Brown said. "But they're taking him to the hospital, so we'll see. Hopefully, it's not serious."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/9145196/Bobcats-hang-on-to-beat-Lakers-in-two-OTs

Yeah Gerald seems fine...

blackjack_119
01-28-2009, 05:52 AM
That was a dirty play and everyone knows it. Bynum was trying to make up for the foul on Gasol earlier in the game. Bynum fouled him and then through an elbow into his side. There was no accident. Do I think Bynum wanted to hurt Wallace? Of course not. Do I buy for a second that he was "trying for a charge" heck no.

Bynum should be suspended for that play. It was a flagrant 2.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 05:55 AM
I really think he should have been tossed for it, but that's just me.

borat
01-28-2009, 06:17 AM
Gerald Wallace sounded like Chewbacca when he was on the ground moaning. Did anyone hear that? Poor guy.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 06:20 AM
Gerald Wallace sounded like Chewbacca when he was on the ground moaning. Did anyone hear that? Poor guy.

Yeah, it didn't sound good and it didn't help he had to sit out the whole 2nd quarter with back spasms. Maybe he can add broken ribs and a punctured lung to the resume....

Broken Wrist from diving into the stands
4 concussions
separated shoulder from diving for a loose ball
Broken Ribs?
Punctured Lung?

fredv
01-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Don't be too excited. He is going to miss a couple of games and be fined for what he did to Wallace...

innovator
01-28-2009, 10:41 AM
the bobcats won, see you guys in the finals.. lol

lakers4sho
01-28-2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah, it didn't sound good and it didn't help he had to sit out the whole 2nd quarter with back spasms. Maybe he can add broken ribs and a punctured lung to the resume....

Broken Wrist from diving into the stands
4 concussions
separated shoulder from diving for a loose ball
Broken Ribs?
Punctured Lung?

can we say...injury prone?? :p

No hate intended, I really like G-Wall. I want him on the Lakers!!!

lakers4sho
01-28-2009, 11:31 AM
Bynum is better than Gasol..........there, I said it.

because of one game?? Premature assessment IMO...

still1ballin
01-28-2009, 12:28 PM

ROFL! That dude has the deepest voice of life and to hear him moan like that. He did sound like Chewbaca. AHHHHUGGHHH

x_notorious
01-28-2009, 12:43 PM
Last 5 games:

23.6 PPG/12 RPG/3.2 BPG/64% FG

QUICKTRADE
01-28-2009, 01:23 PM
I hope he will do that To garnet.

KobeIs
01-28-2009, 01:54 PM
I hope he will do that To garnet.

:clap:

Lost Art
01-28-2009, 03:11 PM
because of one game?? Premature assessment IMO...

One game? Have you been watching the Lakers lately? Gasol is weak, that's all there is to it. He only plays on one end of the floor and as soon as someone gets physical with him he's pretty much useless.

Lost Art
01-28-2009, 03:13 PM
...........and give me a break guys, Bynum's not getting suspended. Its an unfortunate situation, but that was totally an accident. Its part of the game, sometimes you get injured.........deal with it.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 03:16 PM
One game? Have you been watching the Lakers lately? Gasol is weak, that's all there is to it. He only plays on one end of the floor and as soon as someone gets physical with him he's pretty much useless.

We wouldn't have made the finals last year with Bynum and no Gasol. Gasol is better.

still1ballin
01-28-2009, 03:23 PM
We wouldn't have made the finals last year with Bynum and no Gasol. Gasol is better.

Yes we certainly would have. If you don't remembered, Lakers were first in the toughest WC race I've seen in a long time. Bynum finally broke out and was playing insane. Had he not got hurt, he would of kept improving and made it to the finals.

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 03:33 PM
Yes we certainly would have. If you don't remembered, Lakers were first in the toughest WC race I've seen in a long time. Bynum finally broke out and was playing insane. Had he not got hurt, he would of kept improving and made it to the finals.

We would have got beat in the Playoffs and we wouldn't have been the number 1 seed. We only lost like 5 or 6 games with Gasol in the lineup in the regular season, that would not have happened with Bynum, he was a 13ppg and 10rpg player. Gasol was 18ppg and 8rpg.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 03:36 PM
can we say...injury prone?? :p

No hate intended, I really like G-Wall. I want him on the Lakers!!!

All of his injuries are fluke things from him playing hard. But yeah Gerald is definitely prone to getting collapsed lungs and broken ribs now. Which by the way, aren't those injuries more common in football?

Gibby23
01-28-2009, 03:42 PM
All of his injuries are fluke things from him playing hard. But yeah Gerald is definitely prone to getting collapsed lungs and broken ribs now. Which by the way, aren't those injuries more common in football?

He has the most concussions in the NBA, so he get a lot of common football injuries.

G-Funk
01-28-2009, 08:14 PM
That was a dirty play and everyone knows it. Bynum was trying to make up for the foul on Gasol earlier in the game. Bynum fouled him and then through an elbow into his side. There was no accident. Do I think Bynum wanted to hurt Wallace? Of course not. Do I buy for a second that he was "trying for a charge" heck no.

Bynum should be suspended for that play. It was a flagrant 2.

Black Jack, It's fans like you and Derek why B-Ball is so soft these days.

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 08:15 PM
Black Jack, It's fans like you and Derek why B-Ball is so soft these days.

Yeah it's just too much to ask that players not have their ribs broken and lungs collapsed.

And as far as soft goes...look at your team. Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom...soft as a tempurpedic mattress.

jimbobjarree
01-28-2009, 08:27 PM
Yeah it's just too much to ask that players not have their ribs broken and lungs collapsed.

And as far as soft goes...look at your team. Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom...soft as a tempurpedic mattress.

plus the refs wrap you lakers in cotton wool, if that was on a Laker player it would have been a tech 2, suspended for a handful of games. Refs just dont let you touch teams like the Lakers and Spurs anymore

G-Funk
01-28-2009, 08:33 PM

atleast I have a team worth talking about, what do u have?

Draco
01-28-2009, 08:35 PM
...........and give me a break guys, Bynum's not getting suspended. Its an unfortunate situation, but that was totally an accident. Its part of the game, sometimes you get injured.........deal with it.

Coming down awkwardly on your leg the same way Livingston did is an accident. Donte colliding with D-Rose and having to leave the game was an accident. Bynum, stretching out with the length of his body and undercutting Wallace as he went up for a dunk was a boneheaded, reckless play that should be punished. Ref's typically don't call flagrant fouls on accidents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q2cBYKvYJw

DerekRE_3
01-28-2009, 10:01 PM
atleast I have a team worth talking about, what do u have?

A team that has won 6 out of it's last 8 games that is coming together as we speak and a team that has beaten yours 5 out of the last 6 times. Of course a Laker fan would have the arrogance to assume that his team is the best and that every other team is inferior.

jimbobjarree
01-29-2009, 11:49 AM
haha G Funk with the usual Laker 'classy' comeback..wow the Laker fans are so very witty.

:pity:

Squad13
01-29-2009, 01:30 PM
haha G Funk with the usual Laker 'classy' comeback..wow the Laker fans are so very witty.

Lets be honest, the jazz would kill to have Bynum, I love D will and Millsap but that team is going nowhere with it's current roster.

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 01:32 PM
Lets be honest, the jazz would kill to have Bynum, I love D will and Millsap but that team is going nowhere with it's current roster.

What does that have to do with anything?

I guess I'll continue your logic...

Let's be honest, the Kings would kill to have Lebron. I love Kevin Martin and Jason Thompson but that team is going nowhere with it's current roster...Hey this is fun.

jimbobjarree
01-29-2009, 03:05 PM

what has that got to do anything?

and Deron, Milly, Brewer, Koufos, Knicks pick and a lot of cap space over the next 2 years, I dont see how you can say we're definatly going nowhere...but then again you are a Laker fan, and you guys are 'never wrong'

Vidball
01-29-2009, 03:59 PM
^^Jimbob is a class act all the way. I just hope Utah can squeak into the playoffs with the 8th seed so I can see you vent here on PSD in April :D

Missing56&33
01-29-2009, 05:06 PM
Andrew Bynum = Kwame Brown....they are no better off with one or the other...listen to KOBE

Gibby23
01-29-2009, 05:09 PM
Andrew Bynum = Kwame Brown....they are no better off with one or the other...listen to KOBE

Are all of your posts this bad? That is a lot of bad posts.

gr824
01-29-2009, 06:38 PM
plus the refs wrap you lakers in cotton wool, if that was on a Laker player it would have been a tech 2, suspended for a handful of games. Refs just dont let you touch teams like the Lakers and Spurs anymore

Wow ... you don't watch many Laker games, do you ? :eyebrow:

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 06:44 PM

Quite the opposite, he saw you guys in the playoffs last year a lot when you guys played the Jazz in the 2nd round.

ARMIN12NBA
01-29-2009, 06:48 PM
Quite the opposite, he saw you guys in the playoffs last year a lot when you guys played the Jazz in the 2nd round.

The Jazz also led the league, last year, in opponents FTA per game. It was no coincidence that the Lakers got to the line. Watch some Laker games this year; I have never seen a team get hit so many times with no foul call as I have seen the Lakers get this year.

gr824
01-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Coming down awkwardly on your leg the same way Livingston did is an accident. Donte colliding with D-Rose and having to leave the game was an accident. Bynum, stretching out with the length of his body and undercutting Wallace as he went up for a dunk was a boneheaded, reckless play that should be punished. Ref's typically don't call flagrant fouls on accidents.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0q2cBYKvYJw

Maybe ten or twenty years ago, that statement would be true. Now, with Stern's current regime, that is becoming increasingly untrue. If a defensive player hits the offensive player in the head -- even if he is going for the ball -- and knocks the player to the ground, then said defender will almost certainly be called for a flagrant, even if the contact itself is not particularly 'harsh' and/or is largely incidental. If the fouled player is subsequently carted off the court to the clubhouse, then you can bet the refs will assess a flagrant, even if the physicality of the play itself was relatively meager or minuscule compared to its aftermath.

Nowadays, officials regularly make calls based on the outcome of plays rather than the merits of the court actions themselves. To claim otherwise is simply naive ... :shrug:

gr824
01-29-2009, 07:00 PM

Well, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt ... But, thanks to you, I guess I can no longer do so.

He just doesn't know what he is talking about then ... Better ? :cool:

:D :D :D

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 07:17 PM
Well, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt ... But, thanks to you, I guess I can no longer do so.

He just doesn't know what he is talking about then ... Better ? :cool:

No it isn't. Because he does know what he is talking about. I've watched the Lakers, trust me. It hurts to do it, but I do. It's agonizing to see Pau Gasol scream like the Williams sisters every time someone touches him, and to watch Kobe Bryant mug a guy, only to turn to the ref and whine (like he did to Raja Bell the other night). After about 3 hacks at the ball they finally called a foul, and Kobe looked at the ref like he was crazy.

But really, don't get me started on all the calls the Lakers get.

gr824
01-29-2009, 07:36 PM
No it isn't. Because he does know what he is talking about. I've watched the Lakers, trust me. It hurts to do it, but I do. It's agonizing to see Pau Gasol scream like the Williams sisters every time someone touches him, and to watch Kobe Bryant mug a guy, only to turn to the ref and whine (like he did to Raja Bell the other night). After about 3 hacks at the ball they finally called a foul, and Kobe looked at the ref like he was crazy.

But really, don't get me started on all the calls the Lakers get.

Sorry, but you are unconvincing ... Bryant gets hacked more frequently without calls coming his way than any NBA superstar since Wilt Chamberlain and Gasol is an extremely fluid and skilled player whose finesse level has gotten him unfairly labeled as 'soft' by the media when he has played against 'goon' style teams like Boston and [ yes ] Utah with the rules improperly enforced. The reason for their histrionics on the court is the fact that they do NOT get their fair share of calls from the referees on most evenings and their coach has a tendency to not work the officials as aggressively as a Sloan or a Brown [ or any number of other NBA coaches ] do as advocates for their players ...

Your comment: "I've watched the Lakers ... It hurts to do it, but I do ... " proves you to be nothing more than a disguised Laker hater and puts your credibility in the toilet. So I guess you don't know what you are talking about either ... :rolleyes:

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 07:37 PM
Sorry, but you are unconvincing ... Bryant gets hacked more frequently without calls coming his way than any NBA superstar since Wilt Chamberlain and Gasol is an extremely fluid and skilled player whose finesse level has gotten him unfairly labeled as 'soft' by the media when he has played against 'goon' style teams like Boston and [ yes ] Utah with the rules improperly enforced. The reason for their histrionics on the court is the fact that they do NOT get their fair share of calls from the referees on most evenings and their coach has a tendency to not work the officials as aggressively as a Sloan or a Brown [ or any number of other NBA coaches ] do as advocates for their players ...

Your comment: "I've watched the Lakers ... It hurts to do it, but I do ... " proves you to be nothing more than a disguised Laker hater and puts your credibility in the toilet. So I guess you don't know what you are talking about either ... :rolleyes:

uuhhhuuuhhhh

jimbobjarree
01-29-2009, 07:46 PM
^^Jimbob is a class act all the way. I just hope Utah can squeak into the playoffs with the 8th seed so I can see you vent here on PSD in April :D

lol I cant tell if your being sarcastic, sorry if I sound douchy for grouping all you laker fans like that, but some just really annoy me, but of course there are some classy and logical guys I can discuss with like you vid, cheers, of course I hope we can squeek in as well, hopefully 7th though :)

actually I dont watch many. Maybe its just the Jazz, I dont thinkw e get enough respect from the refs. That Laker game back on the 2nd of Jan sticks out in my mind because of the amount of no calls we got, I thought the officiating was awful. The only other time I've thought the officiating was awful was the other night against the Spurs, again we got loadsa no calls and just had to breath on Manu for him to get to the line. It just seems the top teams always get the calls ya know

Vidball
01-29-2009, 08:07 PM
lol I cant tell if your being sarcastic, sorry if I sound douchy for grouping all you laker fans like that, but some just really annoy me, but of course there are some classy and logical guys I can discuss with like you vid, cheers, of course I hope we can squeek in as well, hopefully 7th though :)

I was totally being sincere. You are a bit over-the-top sometimes, but thats what makes posting fun. Too many drones on this site...we need more jimbobs

G-Funk
01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
A team that has won 6 out of it's last 8 games that is coming together as we speak and a team that has beaten yours 5 out of the last 6 times. Of course a Laker fan would have the arrogance to assume that his team is the best and that every other team is inferior.

Nice, all of a sudden you went from a Kings fan to a Bobcats fans...

DerekRE_3
01-29-2009, 09:51 PM
Nice, all of a sudden you went from a Kings fan to a Bobcats fans...

I've been a Kings fan since....1995 and I've liked the Bobcats since they became a franchise in 2004. One is in the Western Conference, one is in the East. I'm a Kings fan first, but I like the Bobcats too. Didn't know that was a problem. It is pretty funny to be called a bandwagon fan by a Laker fan though, it's appreciated.