PDA

View Full Version : Rick Barry On LeBron: 'He Has Major Flaws'

Sox Appeal
01-22-2009, 12:32 AM
In anticipation of James' annual stop in the Bay Area on Friday, Golden State Warriors great Rick Barry is greeting the Cavs star with a zinger. In an interview with Comcast SportsNet Bay Area that will air tonight, Barry said he's alarmed James hasn't fixed some areas of his game and also sends one across the bow of the Cavs' coaching staff.

"He's got major flaws in his game," Barry said. "He's six years into the NBA. How can a man six years into the NBA with his talent have a major flaw in his shot? How can he not use screens effectively? . . I watch the game very carefully - he doesn't use screens effectively and this is not LeBron's fault. It's the fault of the people who are teaching him. . . . There is no doubt in my mind that LeBron, if shown these things would do them, because he wants to be a great player, he wants to win a championship. As great as he is, he should be better."

-CLE (http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1232530249284810.xml&coll=2&thispage=2)

garlicboy
01-22-2009, 02:28 AM
Have to agree with the all time Great Rick Barry. I can't argue. He's just implicitly banned from the league.

In fact Ricky Barry was the greatest free throw shooter who ever lived. He shot a ridiculous 90% from the Free throw line shooting underhand. People just don't want to copy his style because it looks girly.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-22-2009, 04:32 AM
There is not much you can say, coming from a great shooter.

Cavs_Fan24
01-22-2009, 12:29 PM
I agree there are flaws in his game, but really now.. he's struggled with the shot his whole career, but he's gotten much better at it and his mechanics are much improved. Using screens better also takes time too. He'll eventually learn how to do these things right.

Big deal he's been in the league 6 years, but he's still only 24 years old, and he's been consistently improving. Why doesn't he talk about how he's gotten better in certain areas then saying he's got "flaws" in certain small aspects of the game which will come to him sooner or later.

Hey Rick.. What about all the flaws in Jon and Brent's game eh? They both have/had 10x more flaws combined then LeBron.

DitchDat
01-22-2009, 11:29 PM
yes there is...rick who?!?!?!? hes a bum, his kids are bums and his grand kids will be even worse. in 5 years noone will remember their family. Lebron will go down as top 5 dead or alive. rick barry cant even lick Lebrons nuts dry.

wow this was just constructive criticism from a great player.... don't take it so personal, you are not related to LeBron

jeffvdone
01-23-2009, 01:26 PM
hahahahaha this is funny.....who cares what rick barry thinks. Lebron is the second best player in the league right now so if Lebron has that many flaws what are you saying about all the other players? To me Rick is just trying to bring attention to a below average team that nobody cares about. The only way he could do that is by using the name Lebron James. Its the same situation with the Knicks, all you hear about with the Knicks is 2010 and Lebron.

DitchDat
01-24-2009, 01:16 PM
James is shooting 28% from beyond the arc though, can you imagine if he was able to crank up his 3 point shooting?

HOZ THE KNICK
01-28-2009, 10:06 AM
Only flaws i see is free throw shooting and 3 point shooting

whyregister
01-28-2009, 03:07 PM
Are you kidding me???
Rick Barry is a HOF player and will always be remembered for how good of a player he was, not to mention his championships.

Just because you are not educated enough in the world of basketball doesn't mean you have to go bash a well respected HOF player that speaks the truth about the most all time overrated player.

Labron is a great talent don't get me wrong, but he hasn't even won a championship. If he was as great as you make him out to be then he would have won multiple championships by now.

Labron should be the one liking Barrys nuts, maybe some of the HOF player would rub off on him and he could knock down some shots consistently.

The "most all time overrated player" is going to be this year's MVP. He's not perfect but compare his stats side by side to any other player in the league and it's no question. It's not his fault that he hasn't won championships. Last I checked, it wasn't his responsibility to ensure he has a good team around him. Mo Williams has made a huge difference. By the way, it's LeBron not "Labron." Typical left coast hater.

dwiduck
01-28-2009, 11:57 PM
Only flaws i see is free throw shooting and 3 point shooting

He is shooting very well from the free throw line this year