PDA

View Full Version : Rosenthal/Yankees to Pursue Juan Cruz/Ben Sheetss

uwish1127
01-21-2009, 11:09 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9112648/Don't-be-foolish,-the-Yankees-aren't-done-yet

I thought that if it was a choice between Burnett and Sheets I would of gone with Sheets because of his price. They only expect him to make between $6-$8million plus incentives. Which is what the Red Sox are paying Smoltz and Penny about. Juan Cruz would add a veteran/hard throwing setup reliever in the bullpen and is only expected to make $8-$10 million.

Now we are considering in having Sheets and Burnett which I think is risky but good. I am for letting Hughes have the 5th spot in the rotation but, the Red Sox currently have 6 starting pitches, plus Clay Buckholz who Id say is equal to Phil Hughes level. So technically 7 starting pitchers.

I know we have Kennedy,Igawa,Hughes,and Aceves. And two veterans they just sighned to minor league deals. However if Ben Sheets is still availible and is flexible with price and possibly moving to the bullpen like the Red Sox might do with Penny. I am all for it!!

Pettite is a greedy man, I love him but Yankees are not going to budge with a huge list of other free agent pitchers cheaper than him and some younger, SO ID SAY SIGHN BEN SHEETS.

Juan Cruz might be a little too pricy but would fit great in our bullpen, he would deffitnitly help some of the youngsters in our bullpen develope.

.................................................. .................................................. ...

Im going to toss other names yankees should sighn/resighn

C-Ivan (Pudge) Rodriguez- i believe would be a great back up for Posada if he takes a paycut, say he makes 1 year $5million

LF/DH- Manny Ramirez- More teams become more involved about the yankees willing to trade Swisher and Nady, If they do trade Manny is our guy. 2years $36million with option for 3rd year of a total $50million

P- Andy Pettite- I know what i said before about Sheets and Pettie but if Sheets goes to Texas or the Mets, than Pettites only choice is the Dodgers and I dont think he's going there, Id say 1 year $11million plus incentives wourth to make $12.5-$13 if he has more innings pitched and strikeouts.
:speechless::speechless::speechless::speechless::s peechless::speechless:

Well now lets see what you guys/girls have to say

HOZ THE KNICK
01-21-2009, 11:14 AM
if we aquire them 2 we will argubaly have the best off season in major league.

bartlett2266
01-21-2009, 11:19 AM
^still have to play the games
just dont make any excusses if u sign sheets and him and burnett r hurt most of the year. just dont complain when it happens yankee fans

HOZ THE KNICK
01-21-2009, 11:20 AM
^still have to play the games
just dont make any excusses if u sign sheets and him and burnett r hurt most of the year. just dont complain when it happens yankee fansdon't hate the player hate the game :D