PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs possibly interested in Haley?

FreedomReigns
01-21-2009, 01:52 AM
Two links for your viewing pleasure.

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/1/19/728334/chiefs-have-one-week-to-in

http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2009/1/20/729489/todd-haley-consolidated-di

chadillachembre
01-21-2009, 03:14 PM
Haley is a very good offensive coordinator but im not sure how well he would do in a head coaching role. If im the Chiefs I would go towards a defensive coach

Kcfanbaby212*
01-22-2009, 03:17 PM
Pioli will get his own DC, Crennel likely. What are your guys opinion on Haley? Dont forget, Pioli had connections with haley prior to him going to Ariz.

davekrieg lives
01-22-2009, 05:57 PM
still i dont see it happening Haley has stated he's not a players coach...and thats a very delcate frabnchise that needs a QB and a coach that can apease teh vets and teh youth

chadillachembre
01-27-2009, 06:45 PM
I dunno if I can read Haley. hes said hes extremely happy with his current position and explained why which is very convincing but on the other hand i dont know if hes just trying to deflect any distractions

TheRedMarauder
01-28-2009, 06:25 PM
Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley reiterated that the Chiefs job is "pure speculation and something I'm not thinking about."

Haley is believed to be the front-runner for the job, but the Chiefs can't interview him until next week regardless. Haley did, however, hint that he could be interested after the Super Bowl "if the right situation presents itself." It's worth noting that Haley and new Chiefs GM Scott Pioli worked together with the Jets from 1997-2000. Haley has also worked under Pioli's father-in-law Bill Parcells.

rotoworld

FreedomReigns
01-29-2009, 02:30 PM
If Haley does accept the head coaching position in Kansas City it could cause some interesting scenarios to pop up.

1) K.C. signing Kurt Warner and bringing him back to the Show Me State?

2) K.C. trading their 1st rounder for Boldin?

Let the rumors begin!

FreedomReigns
02-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Bob Costas just brought up the likelyhood of Kurt Warner possibly leaving to Kansas City if Haley is hired on there as headcoach. This was on the Superbowl pregame show.

I didn't think it would take long before this scenario was brought up by the "experts". It's well known that Warner and Haley share quite a bit of time brainstorming in their off time. I have mixed feelings if they both jump ship. This wouldn't bother me as much if I felt Leinart was capable but im not sold on him yet.

FreedomReigns
02-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Cardinals offensive coordinator Todd Haley reiterated that the Chiefs job is "pure speculation and something I'm not thinking about."

Haley is believed to be the front-runner for the job, but the Chiefs can't interview him until next week regardless. Haley did, however, hint that he could be interested after the Super Bowl "if the right situation presents itself." It's worth noting that Haley and new Chiefs GM Scott Pioli worked together with the Jets from 1997-2000. Haley has also worked under Pioli's father-in-law Bill Parcells.

rotoworld

Since theres only one head coaching position open. My guess is this will be the "right situation".

FreedomReigns
02-04-2009, 03:33 AM
Kansas City Star has reported the Kansas City Chiefs have recieved permission to interview Todd Haley for their vacant head coaching position.

http://www.kansascity.com/sports/chiefs/story/1016506.html

chadillachembre
02-04-2009, 05:44 PM
Of 2,000 votes the Kansas City Star has a poll asking if Todd Haley is the right man for the job. 72% of them say yes. It was kind of funny on Gambo and Ash cuz they said if that question was asked 2 months ago people would have asked who the hell todd haley was

AZCardsFan
02-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Trade Todd Haley for Tony Gonzalez :p

FreedomReigns
02-05-2009, 01:52 AM
Of 2,000 votes the Kansas City Star has a poll asking if Todd Haley is the right man for the job. 72% of them say yes. It was kind of funny on Gambo and Ash cuz they said if that question was asked 2 months ago people would have asked who the hell todd haley was

Yeah that is funny but it probably applies to almost 25% of the candidates that pop up in any coaching search.

FreedomReigns
02-05-2009, 01:57 AM
Assuming Todd Haley is named Head Coach of the Chiefs who do you folks think will take the offensive reigns in Arizona?

-Juice-
02-06-2009, 02:55 AM
1) I think it is a great hire. That team is a lot better than there record says and are a very young team. They can hopefully trade Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzales for some draft picks and start the re-building process. I am sure now since he will be the head coach, Stafford is a lock to go to the Cheifs if the Lions don't take him. I think Haley could make Stafford a complete stud in this league.

2) I think Whiz will take the offense this year and call the plays for the team.

krazytaz312
02-06-2009, 10:46 AM
I think the news this morning is that this is a done deal. I am happy for Haley, but it I am sad to see him go. He has been a great coordinator and one of the big reasons the team did as well as they did. Great move for the Chiefs, but it hurts the Cards.

FreedomReigns
02-06-2009, 11:54 AM
Congratulations to Coach Haley and the Kansas City Chiefs organization.

chadillachembre
02-06-2009, 02:28 PM
Hope the best for Coach Haley

bornFrisco49er
02-06-2009, 03:27 PM
so any news on his replacemetns/candidates?