PDA

View Full Version : Is Danny Granger an ALL-star?

twoearl
01-21-2009, 12:54 AM
I love the NBA TV Tuesday night show with webb and GP, but whats makes me kinda confused it this whole Danny Granger campaign they have going on. Its like everytime he scores a point they act like he is the next MJ. lol

And Ahmad even called him a "Superstar?" So you mean to tell me his is on the level of a Kobe, Wade, KG, Lebron etc.? How can he call his guy a superstar when he has never even sniffed the playoffs. Everyone knows Superstars are made in the playoffs.

This is his first really good HALF of season, and now he is a Superstar? Yes he is top 10 in terms of scoring but his team has the SECOND WORST record in the East. Somebody has to score the points on a bad team. Don't get me wrong I think Granger is good, but i would put people like Joe Johnson, Rashad Lewis, Paul Pierce etc. over Granger in the ALL star game.

Lets award winning over putting up points on a bad team.

what54!?
01-21-2009, 12:56 AM
no he's not a superstar but he is a player on the rise. He's ballin right now.

I think he's all-star

madiaz3
01-21-2009, 01:01 AM
rashard lewis? you kidding me
top 10 in scoring? more like top 4 right under lebron wade and kobe.
you dont see Mayo racking up nearly as many points on the grizz and the pacers have taken down the celts and lakers respectively. you're right in that hes not a superstar, yet, but all-star consideration has merit and he is NOT one of those players that are only good on a bad team.

stevefrancis
01-21-2009, 01:07 AM
he's almost there as a superstar he scores and plays D. how is this even thread. who should make it over him? kwame?

cardinals1226
01-21-2009, 01:09 AM
I love the NBA TV Tuesday night show with webb and GP, but whats makes me kinda confused it this whole Danny Granger campaign they have going on. Its like everytime he scores a point they act like he is the next MJ. lol

And Ahmad even called him a "Superstar?" So you mean to tell me his is on the level of a Kobe, Wade, KG, Lebron etc.? How can he call his guy a superstar when he has never even sniffed the playoffs. Everyone knows Superstars are made in the playoffs.

This is his first really good HALF of season, and now he is a Superstar? Yes he is top 10 in terms of scoring but his team has the SECOND WORST record in the East. Somebody has to score the points on a bad team. Don't get me wrong I think Granger is good, but i would put people like Joe Johnson, Rashad Lewis, Paul Pierce etc. over Granger in the ALL star game.

You're an idiot. Granger is fourth in scoring in the ENTIRE NBA with 26.4 points per game, only behind LeBron, Wade, Kobe. Shooting 45% from the field, 39.7% from three point, and 86.8% from the free throw line, all of which are better than every forward in the East with the exception of Lebron and Pierce. Granger is an All-Star.

codes238
01-21-2009, 01:15 AM
yes, theres 12 spots people:
c - dhoward, big z
f - lebron, KG, bosh, rashard lewis, pierce
g - wade, dharris, joe johnson, jameer nelson
last 2 - pierce and GRANGER

i guess you could argue for ray allen, iverson, turkoglu, rondo, carter, okafor or bibby but i think granger has had a better year than any of those guys... if yi jianlin gets voted in there wont be a place for granger though unfortunately...

still1ballin
01-21-2009, 01:15 AM
He is for sure an All-Star

IRUAM #21
01-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Allstar hes a stud.

madiaz3
01-21-2009, 01:18 AM
c - dhoward, big z

i guess you could argue for ray allen, iverson, turkoglu, rondo, carter, okafor or bibby but i think granger has had a better year than any of those guys... if yi jianlin gets voted in there wont be a place for granger though unfortunately...

Only starters can get voted in, Lebron is a shoe-in but to be honest even with the amount of support Yi is getting, KG will get more support.

twoearl
01-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Yes Rashad Lewis, Orlando has one of the best records in the whole league, I think a few days ago they were number 1. Rashad lewis is on a winning teams and putting up good numbers. You want to penalize Lewis because he is on a good team? Rashad would be putting up the same numbers as granger if Lewis was on Indiana. Granger is the only good player Indiana has, he should be putting up those numbers.

I would agree with you if they were flirting with 8th or 9th place in the east, maybe in 10, but they have the SECOND worst record in the east.

If some you remember, the year that 4 pistons went to the all-star game. Or the year that 3 suns went to the all star game. It wasnt because they were putting up 30 points a night, it was because they were playing great for WINNING TEAMS.

I am not a fan of putting players from HORRIBLE teams on all star games.

codes238
01-21-2009, 01:21 AM
i actually think that rashard lewis and danny granger are basically the same player in every way...

DeShaun Brown
01-21-2009, 01:22 AM
Hell Yeah! I'm a Bulls fan and I say that he should make it. If he doesn't make it but Yi does, then this fan voting crap needs to stop. In fact even if Granger does make it they need to do something about the fan voting system like maybe further restrict the amount of votes allowed per fan. Yes, he's on a bad team but in my opinion that makes what he's doing even more amazing. I think it's easier for a player to put up big numbers when he has help, but when he's on a bad team he becomes the focal point of the opposing teams defense. And the way the NBA is today, unless you have help, your team is going to suck. A prime example of that is "The Boston Three Party". Before joining the C's, KG was on a bad team and so was Ray Allen. In fact, the C's sucked too, but when they got together... well you know the rest.

zambo4president
01-21-2009, 01:23 AM
Granger is definitely and All-Star, The guys torchin everyone.

twoearl
01-21-2009, 01:24 AM
c - dhoward, big z

oh man, i forgot about Ray ALLen! yeah there is just no room for granger. Ray is arguably playing the best out of the big three right now, how can you leave him off the all star team.

You mean to tell me we should put a player who is at the bottom of the league over someone who is playing great for a top 3 team in the east? LOL

madiaz3
Yes Rashad Lewis, Orlando has one of the best records in the whole league, I think a few days ago they were number 1. Rashad lewis is on a winning teams and putting up good numbers. You want to penalize Lewis because he is on a good team? Rashad would be putting up the same numbers as granger if Lewis was on Indiana. Granger is the only good player Indiana has, he should be putting up those numbers.

I would agree with you if they were flirting with 8th or 9th place in the east, maybe in 10, but they have the SECOND worst record in the east.

If some you remember, the year that 4 pistons went to the all-star game. Or the year that 3 suns went to the all star game. It wasnt because they were putting up 30 points a night, it was because they were playing great for WINNING TEAMS.

I am not a fan of putting players from HORRIBLE teams on all star games.

If that were true, Lewis would have put up the numbers that Granger is pulling now while Lewis was in Seattle. Granger isn't a one man team either, Mike Dunleavy is a pretty damn good 16 ppg player along with a 14ppg option in TJ Ford.

Mile High Champ
i actually think that rashard lewis and danny granger are basically the same player in every way...

100% disagree, Granger is a much better player than Lewis ever will be. Granger has the ability not only to get to the basket at will but also hit the 3, Shard is a great shooter but cant slash to the basket anywhere near what Granger Does.

Granger is a Franchise Player without a doubt!

codes238
01-21-2009, 01:25 AM
oh man, i forgot about Ray ALLen! yeah there is just no room for granger. Ray is arguably playing the best out of the big three right now, how can you leave him off the all star team.

You mean to tell me we should put a player who is at the bottom of the league over someone who is playing great for a top 3 team in the east? LOL

yea leaving ray allen off the team is tough, you may have a point...

madiaz3
01-21-2009, 01:27 AM
I'm fine with placing Ray Allen there but no way does Lewis get consideration BEFORE Granger.

codes238
01-21-2009, 01:31 AM
100% disagree, Granger is a much better player than Lewis ever will be. Granger has the ability not only to get to the basket at will but also hit the 3, Shard is a great shooter but cant slash to the basket anywhere near what Granger Does.

Granger is a Franchise Player without a doubt!

danny granger is a franchise player if your franchise is the clippers... if you hope to have a contending team he can be a great second banana but no team with danny granger as its best player will ever win a championship... this is the same case with rashard lewis, did you know that he averaged 22.4 points, 6.6 rebounds his last year with seattle while shooting a better field goal percentage than granger is shooting this year (danny averages 4 more points but he is also taking 3 more shots per game than rashrd was that season with seattle, and lewis had 1.5 more rebounds per game)... rashard was an excellent slasher he just doesnt need to do it as much this year because dwight occupies so much space inside... youre seriosuly undervaluing lewis man, he's the second best player on the team with the best record in the L right now...

JMG15
01-21-2009, 01:33 AM
^agreed. Granger is developing into a really good player for Indiana. You don't penalize him because his team sucks and Rashard's is top 3 in east. Granger will be a far better player then Lewis ever will be.

twoearl
01-21-2009, 01:34 AM
I'm fine with placing Ray Allen there but no way does Lewis get consideration BEFORE Granger.

Why not, Rashad is putting up almost to 20 and 6 reb per game. Thats just about what Josh Howard was doing when he made the all star team that one year. And you know why he made it????? Yup, because his team was doing great that year.

History has shown us time and time again that the NBA coaches award players who are playing well AND winning.

Until Granger starts winning some games he will be watching the all star game just like us.

twoearl
01-21-2009, 01:38 AM
danny granger is a franchise player if your franchise is the clippers... if you hope to have a contending team he can be a great second banana but no team with danny granger as its best player will ever win a championship... this is the same case with rashard lewis, did you know that he averaged 22.4 points, 6.6 rebounds his last year with seattle while shooting a better field goal percentage than granger is shooting this year (danny averages 4 more points but he is also taking 3 more shots per game than rashrd was that season with seattle, and lewis had 1.5 more rebounds per game)... rashard was an excellent slasher he just doesnt need to do it as much this year because dwight occupies so much space inside... youre seriosuly undervaluing lewis man, he's the second best player on the team with the best record in the L right now...

I 50000% percent agree, this person knows basketball!!!!
Granger is good but he will never be a first option on a team that wins a ring.

stealth33
01-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Until Granger starts winning some games he will be watching the all star game just like us.

No, because he is going to the all-star game, almost for sure.

This crap about him playing for a crappy team has no legs whatsoever. Forgetting the fact that the Pacers are playing far better than their record, look at the gap between them(the 2nd worst in the East) and the 8th seed. So overwhelming right? The bottom half of the east is very competitive and those spots switch everyday.

Regardless of the pacers, if you watched what this guy was doing you would realize how much of a no brainer for the allstar game he is. Averaging early 20's is doable, you got to be good, but its doable. When you're in the mid to late 20's...that's superstar territory. I'm not saying he is superstar quite yet, but when you consider what he's been doing at the end of games, as well as keeping his team in almost every game they've played(pacers have had the most close games than any other team) on an otherwise CRAPPY team, right?, then you'd realize, this guy should be at least the 4th forward in on the east, and is RIGHT NOW performing better than any other small forward in the league besides lebron.

stealth33
01-21-2009, 01:42 AM
And this stuff about him getting points because he's the only one on the pacers, go to nba.com --> stats ---> points and look at the shots per game of the other top scorers

codes238
01-21-2009, 01:47 AM
I 50000% percent agree, this person knows basketball!!!!
Granger is good but he will never be a first option on a team that wins a ring.

yea i mean it depends on what your definition of a franchise player is... mine is a player who can be the best player on a championship contending team... my list of franchise players right now is: wade, kobe, lebron, chris paul, dirk, duncan, kg, dwight howard... thats it! some could make a case for guys like deron williams and brandon roy as well...

notice how i dont have chris bosh on my list? he could be a great second banana on a great team but never the franchise player... i mean if youre gonna say danny granger is a franchise player then you can also say kevin martin is a franchise player too and thats just stupid

twoearl
01-21-2009, 01:55 AM
No, because he is going to the all-star game, almost for sure.

This crap about him playing for a crappy team has no legs whatsoever. Forgetting the fact that the Pacers are playing far better than their record, look at the gap between them(the 2nd worst in the East) and the 8th seed. So overwhelming right? The bottom half of the east is very competitive and those spots switch everyday.

you know how many teams "Shoulda" won a game or "Coulda" won a game? Thats what bad teams do, they hang around awhile then eventually lose. In the words or Bill Parcels "you are what you are" meaning whatever your record is, that is who you are.

People are taking this like I think granger is trash, which is not the case i think he is good, but he loses to much to be an all star. I dont think its fair to put him over guys that are winning AND playing well.

twoearl
01-21-2009, 02:00 AM
yea i mean it depends on what your definition of a franchise player is... mine is a player who can be the best player on a championship contending team... my list of franchise players right now is: wade, kobe, lebron, chris paul, dirk, duncan, kg, dwight howard... thats it! some could make a case for guys like deron williams and brandon roy as well...

notice how i dont have chris bosh on my list? he could be a great second banana on a great team but never the franchise player... i mean is youre gonna say danny granger is a franchise player then you can also say kevin martin is a franchise player too and thats just stupid

yup thats my definition to. People use the term franchise to loosely these days. Franchise players dont come around alot. Thats the problem with alot of NBA teams, they are paying Franchise money to second bannana type players. I am with you on Bosh too. he seems very soft at times. He seems to shy away from contact and not post up as much as he should. He kinda reminds me of a better version of Rasheed Wallace.

sdweston757
01-21-2009, 02:15 AM
this is a dumb argument. of course granger should be an all-star. these people who are arguing for ray allen and rashard lewis are looking at it the wrong way.

I guarantee if danny granger was on the celtics instead of ray allen the celtics would be a better team. I guarantee if he was on the magic instead of rashard lewis they would be a better team.

If the front office of the celtics had the choice between Granger and Ray Allen right now who do u think the would take?? its a no brainer. Granger.

codes238
01-21-2009, 02:19 AM
this is a dumb argument. of course granger should be an all-star. these people who are arguing for ray allen and rashard lewis are looking at it the wrong way.

I guarantee if danny granger was on the celtics instead of ray allen the celtics would be a better team. I guarantee if he was on the magic instead of rashard lewis they would be a better team.

If the front office of the celtics had the choice between Granger and Ray Allen right now who do u think the would take?? its a no brainer. Granger.

yea because he's younger and has a brighter future, but if theyre just playing for this year theydd never trade allen for danny right now

sdweston757
01-21-2009, 02:21 AM
yea because he's younger and has a brighter future, but if theyre just playing for this year theydd never trade allen for danny right now

agree to disagree

id rather have granger on my team right now then ray allen...
better scorer. better rebounder. better defender

Becks2307
01-21-2009, 02:21 AM
It would be pretty messed up if the 4th top scorer in the League didnt make the all star team imo

st3voness
01-21-2009, 02:22 AM
Granger is an all-around pure talent.

Oh.. and there's the thing about being 4th in the league in scoring.

All-Star.

sdweston757
01-21-2009, 02:24 AM
Granger is an all-around pure talent.

Oh.. and there's the thing about being 4th in the league in scoring.

All-Star.

a glimmer of hope in this conversation... thank you

codes238
01-21-2009, 02:30 AM
i personally think he should be an all-star this year, if i was one fo the coaches idd vote him in... im just saying that i wont be absolutely shocked if he doesnt because theres a lot of good players in the east this year and also i think its ridiculous to call danny granger a franchise player

PapelbonLester
01-21-2009, 02:51 AM
It would be pretty messed up if the 4th top scorer in the League didnt make the all star team imo

agree

td0tsfinest
01-21-2009, 02:56 AM
the kid is 4th in the league in scoring. He's an allstar in my mind. A superstar? far from it. I wished the raptors grabbed him. :(

YankeeFan89
01-21-2009, 03:06 AM
He's definitely an All star...and a super-star emerging.

Lakers4ItAll
01-21-2009, 03:20 AM
He damn sure is an ALLSTAR

twoearl
01-21-2009, 03:23 AM
To me being an All-star is about more than just scoring. Its about what you do for your team in terms of wins and loses.

For example Lebron James is an All-Star. Take Lebron off cleveland and they would be a 6 or 7 seed in the east at best.

But in Granger's case his team is already SECOND worst in the east, so if you take him off Indiana, they would be in the same spot. So truthfully, what is he doing for his team that is so great? I mean really? What? THey are losing, losing and losing. They lose with him and they would lose without him.

Granger is an all-star type player but to put him in over ray and rashad is not fair.

In the end, you play the game to WIN, not to be the top 4 scorer in the league.

YankeeFan89
01-21-2009, 03:32 AM
To me being an All-star is about more than just scoring. Its about what you do for your team in terms of wins and loses.

For example Lebron James is an All-Star. Take Lebron off cleveland and they would be a 6 or 7 seed in the east at best.

But in Granger's case his team is already SECOND worst in the east, so if you take him off Indiana, they would be in the same spot. So truthfully, what is he doing for his team that is so great? I mean really? What? THey are losing, losing and losing. They lose with him and they would lose without him.

Granger is an all-star type player but to put him in over ray and rashad is not fair.

I think Granger def. deserves it...ive seen so many clutch shots from him...he's a guy that can create for himself. Ray Allen and Rashard Lewis are more set shooters...they can't create for themselves...players create for them and they sink the open shot. If u put ray allen or rashard in IND they would be like the Thunder....

kntresistheheat
01-21-2009, 12:25 PM
No question, He should be an all-star the guy is ballin!

THE MTL
01-21-2009, 12:33 PM
Danny Granger is DEF an ALLSTAR. The guy is a freaking STAT HO! He fills up every single statistic. He is fantastic and should be an allstar.

phila_gorilla
01-21-2009, 12:42 PM
Fan voting needs to stop immediately. Granger should be an all-star and if someone like Yi gets voted in soley on the fact that there is a high number of Chinese voters, then something is wrong.

Also, Rashard Lewis (19/6/3) puts up those numbers being backed by Dwight Howard, Jameer Nelson and Turkgolu. Granger (26/5/3) puts up 4th best PPG in the entier NBA, and who are Granger's role players? I'll tell you by comparison:

Exhibit A) Dwight Howard (20/14/3blks) for Rashard, Jeff Foster (7/7/2asst, lol) for Granger
Exhibit B) Jameer Nelson (17/5ast/1stl) for Rashard, Jarret Jack/T.J. Ford (23/9ast/2stl COMBINED) for Granger
Exhibit C) Turkgolu (17/5ast/1stl) for Rashard, Troy Murphy (12/11) for Granger.

I think that speaks for itself.

Aiwokote
01-21-2009, 12:49 PM
I will consider it an utter tragedy if he doesn't get a spot. Almost as much as TMac getting an undeserved spot a few times over the years.

But what can you do? It's the fan's game. They vote, they decide. It's not like we can block China from voting.

oldenpolynice
01-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Granger is not a superstar. He is having a good season though. He'll be on the fringe of the All-Star team. I can see him as a David West guy (who got the nod last year) or an Al Jefferson type (who just barely missed).

Sport
01-21-2009, 02:02 PM
Danny Granger is on his way (you could even make the case that hes made it) to being one of the best players in the game.

If he dont make the All-star game, than there is something wrong.

Nighthawk
01-21-2009, 02:03 PM
Dont know If Granger will make the all star team But he is and ALLSTAR

JordansBulls
01-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Granger is most definitely an allstar just like Roy is.

magichatnumber9
01-21-2009, 02:05 PM
Granger is a beast. Is he a superstar? He is getting there... but let me tell you this, this dude can take a game over when he is on his game, I have seen this dude rip apart a steller celtics defense.

IndyRealist
01-21-2009, 02:08 PM
Watch a Pacers game (other than the one against San Antonio). Danny Granger has all the makings of a franchise player. He knows how to draw fouls on drives, finishes around the basket. He shoots the 3 at remarkable clip considering how many he hoists up (and two years ago I would cringe every time he elevated outside the 3pt line). He regularly hits last second baskets, the rest of the team just isn't playing enough defense to keep the leads he's giving us. He loves stealing wins from the other team at the last second, he thrives as the underdog. He's a fourth quarter player. He plays D every game against the opposing team's best wing, whether it's Kobe or Iverson or Lebron. If he had any sort of post-up, back-to-the-basket game, he'd be a complete player. Players like Rashard Lewis could be the man, but Danny Granger WANTS to be the man. He's driven.

The Pacers thrive as the underdog. Jermaine O'Neal was a great player but he never had that swagger, that killer instinct, the "I'll show you" attitude that you need on such a small market, middle of nowhere team. He's out to prove wrong all 16 teams that passed him up in the draft. We've been waiting for one since Reggie Miller retired. He's Reggie without Spike Lee but with better D. Wait until he has a nemesis, he'll just be scary.

st3voness
01-21-2009, 02:22 PM

No. You're describing an MVP. Granger is not an MVP yet, but he IS an All-Star and a young, emerging superstar.

Put him over Ray Allen? Hell yes. If you remember, Ray Allen was a member of the Seattle Supersonics before he received his little slice of paradise getting traded to Boston with Paul Pierce and Kevin Garnett. And if I remember, Allen has been losing his whole life.

oballers
01-21-2009, 02:29 PM
Knick fan says,

Granger is definately an ALL Star.

Granger and David West are two of the most underrated players in Basketball. Both are AllStars.

I'd like to see what your "All underrated" Team would look like.
I'd put Nelson, Turkoglu, J. Green in on the squad and speaking of West...

Delonte was having fantastastic season until he went down. He is an up and coming all underrated team player

IndyRealist
01-21-2009, 02:40 PM
Danny Granger's getting attention now. Mostly because of how many close games we're having (15 by 5pts or less I think, most in the league) One more made basket in alot of games and we'd have a winning record.

For those who don't know, the majority of the reason we have so many losses is the three month injury to starting SG Mike Dunleavy (19p/5r/5a last year if I remember right). His backup, Marquis Daniels (14/5/2), went down this year with injury. Up until 4 or so games ago, we were starting 4th string Stephen Graham. 4th String. The 11th guy on the bench. Starting.

Sorry for the lack of actual numbers, NBA.com's player files are MIA.

MrBloop
01-21-2009, 02:59 PM

I think they called him a superstar b/c he's putting up superstar #'s.

"Great Players" and Superstars, are made in the playoffs, and usually win championships at some point, but the NBA and David Stern like to think their "stars" are the greatest athletes in the world...some are.

Star in general, is a term thats thrown around too much for my liking, but he's one of the most unique players in the league, in terms of his skill set.

26.2 ppg 5.1 reb 86% ft 45% fg 3.5 ast 2.7 3's pg

Those are some nice stats thus far, and I don't see him slowing down at all.
His #'s are inflated a bit b/c he's playing with nobody, but so is D Wade so you shouldn't really hold him accountable.

Those Stats are also better than every1 you suggested be taken over him. the only argument that canbe made is that all those guys are playing on winning squads.

ty_smitty21
01-21-2009, 03:01 PM
The Pacers may have a bad record, but they aren't a bad team.. they've had a ton of injuries, and have lost an unbelievable amount of close games. Not only has Granger scored 26 points a game, but he also has hit a ton of huge shots this year.

Ask the Lakers and Celtics and suns and hornets what they think about danny granger and how he's played against them this year.

By the way, the Pacers are like 4th in the NBA in points per game... so no, it isn't simply Danny Granger scoring points on a bad team. This pacers team is one year away from being a serious contender, with future superstar Danny Granger leading the way.

MrBloop
01-21-2009, 03:06 PM

For example Lebron James is an All-Star. Take Lebron off Cleveland and they would be a 6 or 7 seed in the east at best.

:eyebrow:You take him off Cleveland, they could be beat by Uconn or North Carolina.

MrBloop
01-21-2009, 03:11 PM
The Pacers may have a bad record, but they aren't a bad team.. they've had a ton of injuries, and have lost an unbelievable amount of close games. Not only has Granger scored 26 points a game, but he also has hit a ton of huge shots this year.

Ask the Lakers and Celtics and suns and hornets what they think about danny granger and how he's played against them this year.

By the way, the Pacers are like 4th in the NBA in points per game... so no, it isn't simply Danny Granger scoring points on a bad team. This pacers team is one year away from being a serious contender, with future superstar Danny Granger leading the way.

No he is playing on a bad team, my Knicks can score as well, but play no D like your Pacers. Our core is also just as good, if not better, we just don't have a Danny Granger. The thing is nobody is gonna sign with Indiana in the near future for them to be a "Serious Contender" they better hope Mike Dunlevy becomes great.

They'll be a "serious contender" for a playoff spot, but not a championship anytime soon, that I know for sure.

IndyRealist
01-21-2009, 03:15 PM
Knick fan says,

Granger is definately an ALL Star.

Granger and David West are two of the most underrated players in Basketball. Both are AllStars.

I'd like to see what your "All underrated" Team would look like.
I'd put Nelson, Turkoglu, J. Green in on the squad and speaking of West...

Delonte was having fantastastic season until he went down. He is an up and coming all underrated team player

"All underrated" team:
PG - Jameer Nelson, now that Rondo's been noticed
SG - Raja Bell, everyone thought he was done, he's the kind of role player every good team needs. And he's putting up numbers.
SF - Andrei Kirilenko, 15/8/4.3/3.2/1.5 in his best year (yes, that's 3.2 blocks/game) ridiculously underused
PF - Gerald Wallace, not just his scoring but his D. Like Rashard Lewis plays out of position and doesn't complain.
C - Nene Hilario, Denver doesn't miss Camby. At all.
Bench - Kenyon Martin, Kevin Martin, Jeff Green, Trevor Ariza, Mike Conley.

But THE most underrated player in the NBA is....Morris Almond. The kid is a lights-out scorer, tore up the D-league, and he's going to get run out of the NBA because Jerry Sloan doesn't like him and Utah won't trade him. He could easily be a consistent JR Smith without the problems.

ty_smitty21
01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
no, the pacers are not a bad team just because of their record. they haven't had a single game this year with their team healthy, they compete with the best teams in the league 90 % of the time.. they've only been blown out a few times this year. They are one or two possessions away from at least being a .500 team this year, and that's with a bunch of new players.... and they have money to spend, and if they can get a post presence player, this team will be a 4 or 5 seed in the east next year.

Zefflin
01-21-2009, 03:25 PM
Granger is an under the radar all-star...he is rising on my favorite player list.

sdweston757
01-21-2009, 03:49 PM

Thats such a stupid arguement!

yeah you play the game to win... but danny granger cant help who drafted him?

thesparky33
01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes.

$KnicksAndKobe$
01-21-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes he should be an all-star.
His stats are too good to be passed up.

Nighthawk
01-21-2009, 04:38 PM
"All underrated" team:
PG - Jameer Nelson, now that Rondo's been noticed
SG - Raja Bell, everyone thought he was done, he's the kind of role player every good team needs. And he's putting up numbers.
SF - Andrei Kirilenko, 15/8/4.3/3.2/1.5 in his best year (yes, that's 3.2 blocks/game) ridiculously underused
PF - Gerald Wallace, not just his scoring but his D. Like Rashard Lewis plays out of position and doesn't complain.
C - Nene Hilario, Denver doesn't miss Camby. At all.
Bench - Kenyon Martin, Kevin Martin, Jeff Green, Trevor Ariza, Mike Conley.

But THE most underrated player in the NBA is....Morris Almond. The kid is a lights-out scorer, tore up the D-league, and he's going to get run out of the NBA because Jerry Sloan doesn't like him and Utah won't trade him. He could easily be a consistent JR Smith without the problems.

I Agree with your list but more so with Almond. He was a straight beast at RICE. In the D-League last season i believe he had a couple 50 point games and led the league in scoring. HE IS A SCORING MACHINE. I wish the Celtics had him off their bench. Im not sure why Almond gets NO minutes in UTAH.

HOZ THE KNICK
01-21-2009, 04:40 PM
the kid is nice aint he a free agent in 2010

ty_smitty21
01-21-2009, 04:51 PM
nope.. pacers locked him up for the next 5 years. which is reason number 1 why the pacers are going to be a good team next season and beyond. ford, dunleavy, and granger is a very formidable backcourt... they also have solid role players, and a good backup pg with jarrett jack. all they need is a post presence.

IndyRealist
01-21-2009, 04:52 PM
the kid is nice aint he a free agent in 2010

If that refers to Morris Almond he is an unrestricted free agent after this year. Utah has no intention of signing him, and apparently no intention of trading him. Considering he gets no minutes, probably the most underrated player in the NBA right now.

Nighthawk
01-21-2009, 04:55 PM
nope.. pacers locked him up for the next 5 years. which is reason number 1 why the pacers are going to be a good team next season and beyond. ford, dunleavy, and granger is a very formidable backcourt... they also have solid role players, and a good backup pg with jarrett jack. all they need is a post presence.

Could Hibbert be that guy?

IndyRealist
01-21-2009, 05:03 PM
Could Hibbert be that guy?

In three years, with a different coach, yeah Hibbert could be a beast down low.

Silent
01-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Allstar hes a stud.

Amen to that

_Sn1P3r_
01-21-2009, 05:10 PM
Granger is all-star IMO. He is an excellent scorer that could also rebound pretty well and sometimes, he has good assist numbers.

kswissdaf
01-21-2009, 05:13 PM
he is really good

chicagowhitesox
01-21-2009, 05:22 PM
he's for sure an all-star. anyone that debates that doesn't know basketball.

makebelieve
01-21-2009, 05:24 PM
Sure, why not? He's playing like one.

Flash812
01-21-2009, 05:40 PM
If Granger was on a team in a better market people would be drooling over him. He is a wondeful player and the people in indy need to pay more attention to him and go watch him play. I wish he was on his hometown team in New Orleans, they would probably win the championship if he was here.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-21-2009, 05:44 PM
c - dhoward, big z

you said pierce 2x maybe you meant carter

AirJordanXVIII
01-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I'd say he's definetely all star. Not superstar. Superstar is like LeBron.

1 nasty player + some okay players + crappy rest of team = Championship? That's superstar.

dawgsfan_45
01-21-2009, 07:01 PM
You're an idiot. Granger is fourth in scoring in the ENTIRE NBA with 26.4 points per game, only behind LeBron, Wade, Kobe. Shooting 45% from the field, 39.7% from three point, and 86.8% from the free throw line, all of which are better than every forward in the East with the exception of Lebron and Pierce. Granger is an All-Star.

Not really, no. He scores 26.4 ppg because hes the only one that can score on his team. They are second to last in the East, and I hate to say this, but hes not much of an "allstar." Most all stars are able to carry there team some. At least close to .500.

EDIT: YET. He will be next year, IMHO.

dawgsfan_45
01-21-2009, 07:07 PM
I think they called him a superstar b/c he's putting up superstar #'s.

"Great Players" and Superstars, are made in the playoffs, and usually win championships at some point, but the NBA and David Stern like to think their "stars" are the greatest athletes in the world...some are.

Star in general, is a term thats thrown around too much for my liking, but he's one of the most unique players in the league, in terms of his skill set.

26.2 ppg 5.1 reb 86% ft 45% fg 3.5 ast 2.7 3's pg

Those are some nice stats thus far, and I don't see him slowing down at all.
His #'s are inflated a bit b/c he's playing with nobody, but so is D Wade so you shouldn't really hold him accountable.

Those Stats are also better than every1 you suggested be taken over him. the only argument that canbe made is that all those guys are playing on winning squads.

Indiana Pacers: 15-27

Miami Heat: 22-18

Dwyane Wade can lead a team, Granger on the other hand can't.

MJ-BULLS
01-21-2009, 07:29 PM
he's an allstar:clap:

cardinals1226
01-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Not really, no. He scores 26.4 ppg because hes the only one that can score on his team. They are second to last in the East, and I hate to say this, but hes not much of an "allstar." Most all stars are able to carry there team some. At least close to .500.

Danny Grangers: 26.2 ppg
Mike Dunleavy: 15.8
Marquis Daniels: 14.3
TJ Ford: 13.8
Troy Murphy: 12.1

The starters are scoring 82.2 points per game and the team is one of the highest scoring teams in the NBA. Nice one genius. :rolleyes:

The Pacers are under .500, yes, but they have lost 15 of their 42 games by 5 or less points and 25 of those by 10 or less. Thanks for doing your homework.

IndyRealist
01-21-2009, 10:41 PM
Do you guys read the thread before you post? Up until the last four or five games, the Pacers have been starting their 4th string SG. We lost our 2nd leading scorer and our 6th man to injury. Seriously, their record is not an accurate representation of the team. 15 games decided by 5pts or less. Wins over the Lakers, Celtics, Rockets, Pistons. Just in case you needed a recap.

Where exactly would the Lakers be if Gasol and Ariza AND Odom went down with injuries, and they had to start Josh Powell? Or Garnett, Powe, and Glen Davis go down and the Celtics are starting Brian Scalabrine?

twoearl
01-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Do you guys read the thread before you post? Up until the last four or five games, the Pacers have been starting their 4th string SG. We lost our 2nd leading scorer and our 6th man to injury. Seriously, their record is not an accurate representation of the team. 15 games decided by 5pts or less. Wins over the Lakers, Celtics, Rockets, Pistons. Just in case you needed a recap.

Where exactly would the Lakers be if Gasol and Ariza AND Odom went down with injuries, and they had to start Josh Powell? Or Garnett, Powe, and Glen Davis go down and the Celtics are starting Brian Scalabrine?

Injuries are part of the game. No one is going to feel sorry for you, just cuz you have some guys out. When people get hurt, other guys have to step up period. You think people cared that Karl malone was on one leg when they lost to Detroit? Or that Sam cassell's back limited him in that western finals Minny lost to LA? Or when stojokovic was hurt when they lost to LA in that Game 7?

Also no one cares about how much you lose by. THere is no stat that keeps track of how many points you lose by. A loss is a loss. A granger's team is losing. While rashad and ray's teams are winning. period.

All-stars are winners.

DitchDat
01-21-2009, 11:08 PM
Yes he is. NO doubt about it

dawgsfan_45
01-21-2009, 11:17 PM
Danny Grangers: 26.2 ppg
Mike Dunleavy: 15.8
Marquis Daniels: 14.3
TJ Ford: 13.8
Troy Murphy: 12.1

The starters are scoring 82.2 points per game and the team is one of the highest scoring teams in the NBA. Nice one genius. :rolleyes:

The Pacers are under .500, yes, but they have lost 15 of their 42 games by 5 or less points and 25 of those by 10 or less. Thanks for doing your homework.

Just because you are a flaming homer doesnt mean Danny Granger is a top 3 forward in the NBA (like youve said before).

I hate to break it to you but a loss is a loss. Sorry for not finding the averages of all the players. :hide: I was wrong, maybe they can score. But they still arent very good.

twoearl
01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
What some of you don't understand is that if you are a talented player and you play with other talented players, your numbers will come down. This is because you have to share the rock so that you can get the most out of your team.

For example remember kobe was putting up 40 a game or whatever for like a month, that was when he had nobody on his team, no gasol etc. what about when Tmac was playing on that terrible olrando team, i think he won the scoring title twice. Look at iverson, he was putting up over 25 a game before this year, but what happen this year. his number declined because he is on a great team now. You dont think ivo can put up 25 if he still wanted to?

So what granger is doing is nothing new, he is a good player, but dont get crazy alot of people who be doing the same in his same position.

cardinals1226
01-21-2009, 11:18 PM
Injuries are part of the game. No one is going to feel sorry for you, just cuz you have some guys out. When people get hurt, other guys have to step up period. You think people cared that Karl malone was on one leg when they lost to Detroit? Or that Sam cassell's back limited him in that western finals Minny lost to LA? Or when stojokovic was hurt when they lost to LA in that Game 7?

Also no one cares about how much you lose by. THere is no stat that keeps track of how many points you lose by. A loss is a loss. A granger's team is losing. While rashad and ray's teams are winning. period.

All-stars are winners.

And your logic is the reason why the All-Star Game voting is so ridiculous. People vote for their favorite team, not the players that actually deserve to be there. Rashard is no way deserves to be an All-Star.

cardinals1226
01-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Just because you are a flaming homer doesnt mean Danny Granger is a top 3 forward in the NBA (like youve said before).

I hate to break it to you but a loss is a loss. Sorry for not finding the averages of all the players. :hide: I was wrong, maybe they can score. But they still arent very good.

Umm... no where did I say he was a top 3 forward. I said he was in the top 3 among forwards this year based on his numbers. Learn to read.

dawgsfan_45
01-21-2009, 11:21 PM
Umm... no where did I say he was a top 3 forward. I said he was in the top 3 among forwards this year based on his numbers. Learn to read.

I can read. All you look at is numbers. Numbers dont make an allstar. Their ability to lead their team also shows how good a player is. :rolleyes:

cardinals1226
01-21-2009, 11:26 PM
I can read. All you look at is numbers. Numbers dont make an allstar. Their ability to lead their team also shows how good a player is. :rolleyes:

You're saying someone's numbers doesn't make them an All-Star? Then what's the point of the game? That's what determines an All-Star. You are supposed to get voted in based on the season you're having, not where your team is in the standing. That's horrible logic and because of that someone who is in the top five in scoring is not a All-Star. That's ********. If it was anyone but Granger, you'd be pitching a fit.

dawgsfan_45
01-21-2009, 11:32 PM
You're saying someone's numbers doesn't make them an All-Star? Then what's the point of the game? That's what determines an All-Star. You are supposed to get voted in based on the season you're having, not where your team is in the standing. That's horrible logic and because of that someone who is in the top five in scoring is not a All-Star. That's ********. If it was anyone but Granger, you'd be pitching a fit.

Im not to sure what that last sentence is supposed to mean. Based on your logic, Zach Randolph should make it into the playoffs. He does have better numbers than Amare and Tim Duncan. :rolleyes:

And I really never said Granger isnt an allstar. I said he wasnt much of one, meaning I think there are players more deserving. You just need to chill you do this all the time.

cardinals1226
01-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Im not to sure what that last sentence is supposed to mean. Based on your logic, Zach Randolph should make it into the playoffs. He does have better numbers than Amare and Tim Duncan. :rolleyes:

And I really never said Granger isnt an allstar. I said he wasnt much of one, meaning I think there are players more deserving. You just need to chill you do this all the time.

Ya, Randolph would be a better All-Star than Duncan and Amare. That's the point of the game, not to be popularity contest. And if you mean I debate stupid logic all the time then yes. If you have a problem with what I got to say or what I post then find another board to post at. Instead of assuming things, why don't you look things up.

blazerman
01-21-2009, 11:50 PM
Granger's good, I'd like to see him in the allstar game.

I think he deserves to be there and Im sure it's a no brainer for the coaches

dawgsfan_45
01-22-2009, 12:08 AM
Ya, Randolph would be a better All-Star than Duncan and Amare. That's the point of the game, not to be popularity contest. And if you mean I debate stupid logic all the time then yes. If you have a problem with what I got to say or what I post then find another board to post at. Instead of assuming things, why don't you look things up.

Im seriously considering putting that in my sig.

Okay Im assuming (here I go assuming things again) you are saying that because you know your argument is totally ridiculous, that you go by stats ONLY.

Nighthawk
01-22-2009, 07:20 AM

WHOA WHOA WHOA....HOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLDDD UP!!!

You do know this Mr. Scalabrine you speak of, when inserted into the started lineup this season, is undefeated. C's are 6-0 when Scal starts and also have won 14 consecutive games in which SCAL HAS STARTED.

stealth33
01-22-2009, 09:12 PM

That's such a trash argument. It's a common argument I'm not trying to single you out, but really? He's scoring 26.4 ppg because he's on a bad team? Who else in the league is scoring 26+ ppg on a bad team? Seriously, he takes less or equal amounts of shots as every other person in the top of the league in ppg. And we aren't just talking about stats man, he is a 4th quarter player. He can close games and has. My argument earlier about he keeps his teams in every single game got discarded earlier because "that's what bad teams do, stay in games and lose". REALLY? Most of the bad teams get blown out. Nobody is crying and trust me a loss is a loss I know. But all I was trying to point out is 2nd worst in the east sounds terrible. But please for the love of god look at the differential between 2nd worst in the east and the 8th team. Pacers have one hot month in the second half of the season and they are a playoff team who could do damage because they stay in every game they play.

Anyway I got away from the point. He is the #1 option and is getting the superstar treatment from defenses. He isn't taking more shots than any superstar in this league and while he doesn't shoot quite as high a fg% as the others he gets to the line and shoots a very good percentage. He is an all around player and leader for his team. Team wins count more for MVP voting than all star voting. All star is less about "what if this person had good players with him" and more about how is this person performing? I don't care if some players like on the celtics are taking lesser roles because there are good players with him. Who is performing better right now...ray allen or danny granger? rashard lewis or danny granger? Not only do the numbers speak for themselves but the games do too. I suggest watching some.

toronto_JazzFan
01-22-2009, 10:25 PM
I think this guy is an all-star reserve but not starter because if u look at most of their games that they've loss they've been by 6 or less so i am with gary payton and C-webb on the part of an all-star but not a superstar well c what the GM's decide or whoever decides the reserves

futureman
01-22-2009, 10:37 PM
If he doesn't get selected by the coach's poll I'll be shocked.

JordansBulls
01-22-2009, 10:41 PM
I think this guy is an all-star reserve but not starter because if u look at most of their games that they've loss they've been by 6 or less so i am with gary payton and C-webb on the part of an all-star but not a superstar well c what the GM's decide or whoever decides the reserves

Of course he is not a starter unless you think he is better than Lebron and KG or even Bosh.

THE MTL
01-22-2009, 10:43 PM
Granger is an allstar in every way.

theimortalone
01-22-2009, 10:47 PM
:nod: How is a guy that averages 25 ppg not an all star? :shrug:

DirtyThirty
01-22-2009, 10:54 PM

no no no. he IS an all star and he has been doing the same stuff all of last year!!! Its only be recognized now because he isnt in the shadows of Jermaine anymore. He is now the face of the franchise. Reggie passed it to Jermaine now Jermiane passed it to Granger. So basically what im saying is that the only reason he is being recognized now is because of the departure of Jermaine. DANNY GRANGER KEEP DOIN WORK, YOU DESERVE TO BE IN THIS ALL STAR GAME!!!!!!!

BranWingss
01-22-2009, 11:06 PM
The all star team should be

C-Howard-BIG Z
PF-KG-BOSH
SF-LEBRON-GRANGER-PIERCE
SG-WADE-VINCE CARTER-ALLEN
PG-HARRIS--AI(MAYBE)

cardinals1226
01-22-2009, 11:09 PM
No maybe for AI. He shouldn't be there at all. Rose, Harris, Wade, Allen, and maybe Carter as the guards.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Granger should be an all star. The Pacers had a brutal early schedule, still have 15 wins, and he gets 26 ppg. I think he should be on that team, no doubt.

Hawkeye15
01-22-2009, 11:10 PM
No maybe for AI. He shouldn't be there at all. Rose, Harris, Wade, Allen, and maybe Carter as the guards.

he is better than everyone you just listed cept Wade. Easily

cardinals1226
01-22-2009, 11:11 PM
he is better than everyone you just listed cept Wade. Easily

Based on popularity and maybe career wise. He is having a terrible season. He doesn't deserve to be a starter, none-the-less a reserve.

JuiceDaddyNYY
01-23-2009, 12:07 AM
Danny Granger is underrated. The Pacers aren't a big draw and unless you're in Indy, who really cares. But the guy is an absolute beast...He's averaging 26pts 5reb and 3ast. He's had 11 games over 30pts and 3 games over 40. He can shoot the three and post up. He plays good (not great) defense. He is certainly an All-Star and is one of the top 10 players in the league.

J$mo0th_3o5
01-23-2009, 12:23 AM
Danny Granger is a beast!!! I've followed him his whole career from New Mexico.

Hawkeye15
01-23-2009, 01:09 AM
Based on popularity and maybe career wise. He is having a terrible season. He doesn't deserve to be a starter, none-the-less a reserve.

if a terrible season is 26 ppg, 5 rpg, 3.5 apg, 39% 3 pt, 87% ft, 1 spg, 1.5 bpg, than I would take that any day of the week on my Timberwolves. Are you insane, he is having a great season. He is better than anyone you listed, besides Wade.

thrilla11
01-23-2009, 02:28 AM
This kid is so underrated, he should really get to go to the All Star game. I can't believe so many teams passed him up in the draft, including my Clippers who drafted some guy named Yaroslov Korolev *SIGH*

stealth33
01-23-2009, 03:58 PM
if a terrible season is 26 ppg, 5 rpg, 3.5 apg, 39% 3 pt, 87% ft, 1 spg, 1.5 bpg, than I would take that any day of the week on my Timberwolves. Are you insane, he is having a great season. He is better than anyone you listed, besides Wade.

I think you and cardinals are talking about different people fyi

Hawkeye about granger, cards about AI

cardinals1226
01-23-2009, 04:35 PM

I was talking about Allen Iverson not Granger. I'm a Pacers fan who has been campaigning for him to be an All-Star.