PDA

View Full Version : Cadillac One -- Obama's Limo

SmthBluCitrus
01-20-2009, 09:46 PM
It's no wonder the Secret Service dubbed the car "the Beast. (http://features.csmonitor.com/wp-content/themes/csm/popup.php?headline=Obama%26%238217%3Bs+new+limo+-+ugly+but+it+can+fend+off+asteroids&subhead=&graphic=http%3A%2F%2Ffeatures.csmonitor.com%2Fpoli tics%2Fwp-content%2Fassets%2F19%2F744%2Fgraphic0.jpg)"

Mods, not sure if you want to post this graphic or not.

behindmydesk
01-20-2009, 09:58 PM
Interesting things on all Presidential limos. They are built, then they are delivered ahead of time to the secret service. They are then completely torn apart, piece by piece. And checked out to make sure their is no tracking device etc. They then are completely reassembled from that point on. They are then under 24 hour surveillance (in person, not via video) by secret service. They basically have as much protection as the President himself.

behindmydesk
01-20-2009, 09:59 PM
Big thing about this though is 8 MPG. Shameful, for the green candidate.

blenderboy5
01-20-2009, 10:00 PM
Yeah I was listening to ABC talk about this thing... it's the ****. IDK if this car, which is much more secure than Bush's, is better because they're worried about the first black president or because of a post 9/11 world or both. But it's awesome.

abe_froman
01-21-2009, 03:29 AM
Big thing about this though is 8 MPG. Shameful, for the green candidate.

it was designed in 06/07,before he was even running,let alone actually winning.yes,it takes time(more than a couple months to design,build and test these.not to mention all the prototypes they went through before this final design).i personally think its ugly as hell though.so,sorry you cant put any of this on obama,the next one though you can

PHX-SOXFAN
01-21-2009, 03:10 PM
it was designed in 06/07,before he was even running,let alone actually winning.yes,it takes time(more than a couple months to design,build and test these.not to mention all the prototypes they went through before this final design).i personally think its ugly as hell though.so,sorry you cant put any of this on obama,the next one though you can

I'm sure he'll be getting someone to design a more eco friendly one to end this talking point from the right as though it was his design. Even so, they will just move on to the "should he be spending money on an eco-friendly limo in these times?" It's lose-lose when trying to counter absurd talking points with no bearing.

SmthBluCitrus
01-21-2009, 03:13 PM
I don't care who the President it -- Bush, Obama ... hell, it could have been McCain, or worse yet, Ron Paul.

I want them safe. The Beast is a step towards assuring that; eight miles per gallon or not.

behindmydesk
01-21-2009, 03:16 PM
I don't care who the President it -- Bush, Obama ... hell, it could have been McCain, or worse yet, Ron Paul.

I want them safe. The Beast is a step towards assuring that; eight miles per gallon or not.

Oh yes they need to be safe. I saw an article but didn't read it, he was wearing a bullet restricting suit? I didn't know we had that cool of technology

And Ron Paul would have been great. We'd have all kinds of wierd things happen today. He'd personally burn down the Federal Reserve today.

SmthBluCitrus
01-21-2009, 03:17 PM
:laugh2:

behindmydesk
01-21-2009, 03:21 PM
I make fun of the YES WE CAN chants in chicago on election night, and the masses that just recite what Obama says. And I like some of Ron Paul's idea's, but man his people (far far far far far fewer supporters) are just as devoted and hang on to his every word. You think Republicans and democrats have talking points. Try talking to a Ron Paul supporter. Stock answer, burn down the government.

SmthBluCitrus
01-21-2009, 03:25 PM
No doubt. They've certainly mastered the art of deflection, deception, and skewed/skewered facts.

Burn it down .... burn it ALL down!

abe_froman
01-21-2009, 04:12 PM

and how many successful attacks have there been on the limo(except jfk,cuz he ordered the bulletproof dome off..),not to mention the bubble of security offered by motorcade.seriously i just think it's abit much and unnecessary over the previous one.

SmthBluCitrus
01-21-2009, 04:14 PM
How many planes were flown into buildings before 9/11?

abe_froman
01-21-2009, 04:16 PM
How many planes were flown into buildings before 9/11?
about a couple dozen,a little more.hell there was one flown into the the side of the w.h. in the 90's.

the limo is not the weak link in the security barrier,when the previous can withstand 4+ clips of ak fire at point blank,is adding more layers of glass that necessary?

SmthBluCitrus
01-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Not as a full-scale assault.

Better safe than sorry. I'd rather have my President OVER protected than UNDER protected and then have to look back and blame a circumstance on poor security.

blenderboy5
01-21-2009, 04:18 PM
LMAO at the people *****ing about gas mileage. It's not like he's taking cross country trips on this ***** don't worry about it. Safety's most important.