PDA

View Full Version : Bulls fan: Trade idea for you guys

KG2TB
01-20-2009, 09:03 PM
What's up ya'll? I've been really pushing hard for a trade in the Bulls forum but haven't gotten much response about it. I think it would be a perfect fit for both sides and am just curious to get a Magic fan's perspective on it. I'm a huge Courtney Lee fan and I think he would be a PERFECT fit next to Derrick Rose. Ben Gordon has a no trade clause because he's an UFA but I think he would waive it to go to a contending team and play with Dwight Howard. Gordon is one of the best shooters in the league, when he's open he's near automatic, and with all the double teams Howard gets Gordon would have career numbers. Here's the trade...

Bulls trade: Ben Gordon, Aaron Gray
Bulls receive: Courtney Lee, Tony Battie

What do you guys think? Fair?

ragee
01-20-2009, 09:39 PM
I have not seen Gray play... I personally think this trade will hurt the Magic... Imagine Gordon and Nelson at backcourt? We are already small at the pf position, this would hurt are time defensive wise... Plus, the Magic and their fans are liking what Lee is doing right now so we might as well stick to him...

MAC10TIZZY
01-20-2009, 11:41 PM
man i dont even know, dont break up our happy home with these temptations...lol....

ragee
01-21-2009, 12:01 AM
man i dont even know, dont break up our happy home with these temptations...lol....

Would you trade lee for Gordon? He is too small for a sg... We already have a small pf and pg... And our sf is not really what you can say a good defender... Having Gordon means, more penetration ergo, more fouls for Dwight.... I don't want that! Plus I like Lee! Lee and Pietrus should be enough to take care of the sg position...

KG2TB
01-21-2009, 12:13 AM
I hear what you guys are saying. I think Gordon would best be served off the bench as another scoring option \ instant offense type of player. Nelson and Pietrus being the starting back court and Gordon coming off the bench to provide 3 point shooting and scoring. Gray is a quality back up center. Not very athletic but very fundamentally sound and pretty decent rebounder. It seems to me though your team is just fine as is but this COULD be a chance to upgrade. It is a gamble though...

Anon
01-21-2009, 02:15 AM
The problem with Gordon is the salary he is going to want. Our money is tied up in Howard, Lewis, Nelson and Turkoglu. Lee is not close to Gordon offensively but we really do not need more offense and Lee is a better defender than Gordon for a lot less cash.

KG2TB
01-21-2009, 03:15 AM
Definitely. All excellent points, I just really want Courtney Lee in a Bulls uniform! Haha Like I said, I think he would be the perfect compliment to Rose. He's long, athletic, can hit the 3, is a good defender and is strong with the ball. He's not a selfish player and would defer to Rose and also would thrive playing along side him. I think a guard rotation of Rose, Lee, Hinrich is something to be reckoned with. Also, besides backing up Luol, they could give some minute to Thabo at the 2. That's what I would love to happen, but unfortunately for us the Magic don't need any help. You guys got a hell of a squad but do you feel confident in a 7 game series living and dying by the 3 ? You got Howard so you definitely have a legitimate chance to get to the finals I think.

Anon
01-21-2009, 02:46 PM
It all comes down to Nelson for us. If he plays at this level during the playoffs we can beat anybody. If he cannot sustain the pace he is currently playing at then it will be another early exit for us.

DodgerBlue24
01-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Definitely. All excellent points, I just really want Courtney Lee in a Bulls uniform! Haha Like I said, I think he would be the perfect compliment to Rose. He's long, athletic, can hit the 3, is a good defender and is strong with the ball. He's not a selfish player and would defer to Rose and also would thrive playing along side him. I think a guard rotation of Rose, Lee, Hinrich is something to be reckoned with. Also, besides backing up Luol, they could give some minute to Thabo at the 2. That's what I would love to happen, but unfortunately for us the Magic don't need any help. You guys got a hell of a squad but do you feel confident in a 7 game series living and dying by the 3 ? You got Howard so you definitely have a legitimate chance to get to the finals I think.

We nedd to have Lewis and Hedo scoring more then they are... The Magic are really a high scoring team and yes they live at the 3 point line. But if it came down to game 7 you would see a lot more of pushing the ball into Super man and letting him get to the line. That scares me because he is almost as bad as Shaq at the line. IDK

KG2TB
01-21-2009, 05:04 PM
That's why I proposed the Gordon trade. Your team is a high scoring, 3 point shooting team. Ben Gordon is a scorer and one of the best 3 point shooters in the league. You guys would lose some defense though but if you had him come off the bench it could work out well. IDK, the Magic are gonna have some cap issues coming up. I can see why they wouldn't do this.

Silent
01-21-2009, 05:38 PM
u better add a pick to the bulls

Bulls_fan12
01-22-2009, 08:52 PM
no no no this is just a good trade for the magic the bulls really get nothing Ben Gordon for Coutney Lee!!! how bout Ben Gordon for J.J Reddick