PDA

View Full Version : Best guard in draft?

Bosh=nextKG
01-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Who do you think is the best all around guard in the draft. Which guard has good handles, a solid jumper, good court vision, and shutdown defense?

Nighthawk
01-20-2009, 08:09 PM
James Harden

GSW fan
01-20-2009, 08:09 PM
everything especially court vision goes to Stephen curry if he decides to go in it this year

Raps18-19 Champ
01-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Well the top 5 are Curry, Rubio, Jennings, Harden and Holliday

Rubio is probably like Calderon. Good Handling, Average scoring and no defence.

Harden and Curry are scorers and Curry can play both PG/SG

Jennings is a good scorer and good passer.

Holliday can shoot, pass and defend.

I can't choose between Curry and Holliday

Bg7getclutch
01-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Derrick rose is a beast, he's a dog, he's is a mother****** problem in this league for every team that plays him.

cardinals1226
01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
everything especially court vision goes to Stephen curry if he decides to go in it this year

...and shut down defense. He gets beat on the dripple all the time. Plus, when he tries to go for the steal, most of the time, he get's beat by his man. He's pretty overrated in about all categories, except the three point shot.

MiamiHeat
01-20-2009, 08:12 PM
Derrick rose is a beast, he's a dog, he's is a mother****** problem in this league for every team that plays him.

:confused:

Nighthawk
01-20-2009, 08:13 PM
...and shut down defense. He gets beat on the dripple all the time. Plus, when he tries to go for the steal, most of the time, he get's beat by his man. He's pretty overrated in about all categories, except the three point shot.

If Curry was the best guard wouldn't he be a top 10 pick? EVERY mock ive seen has had him 15-20 pick.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-20-2009, 08:15 PM
If Curry was the best guard wouldn't he be a top 10 pick? EVERY mock ive seen has had him 15-20 pick.

I see him in the lottery at all the mocks i saw

thedfactor
01-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Stephon Curry is much better than I think most people realize. Bob Knight had a film session featuring Curry and passed on his scoring and shooting, but focused on his passing ability. The guy has insane potential coming into the NBA I don't think Ricky Rubio or any other guard is as polished as Stephon Curry.

cardinals1226
01-20-2009, 08:16 PM

Where did I say he was the best guard? I don't think he will be anything in the NBA but a JJ Reddick/Adam Morrison clone. He's a late first at best.

Hellcrooner
01-21-2009, 03:53 AM

Harden and Curry are scorers and Curry can play both PG/SG

Jennings is a good scorer and good passer.

Holliday can shoot, pass and defend.

I can't choose between Curry and Holliday

Thats why people on the boards should not talk about rubio or his upside in this league, no one has teh slightest idea, you just read the Drafnt.net or another stupid sites comaprison to Maravich and decided he is offensive weapon with no D.

Big news TOTALLY WRONG. In fact waht has Scouts hallucinating is how good he is at DEFENSE how many steals he gets a game, how thight he pursues his target, How many passes or shotcs he deflects and how much he disrupts the other teams offense by molesting the Pg, you coudl ask Paul about it.

His handling is Magnificent and has an uncanny court vision, and likes showbaotaing a la magic johnson on passes.

He is also Llong for a pg 6,6 and growing still.

And about scoring, he is not average , he once did a 50 points 20 rebounds 20 assust game you know? but he decides not to score much becaus ehe preferes passing and having people involved in teh game.

He is more laika a Jason Kidd than a Crhis paul, i guess in teh nba he will score like 15 ppg at best while ditching 12`+ assits and grabing 4 + rebounds and 2,5 steals.

His weak spot is he has a bad shooting mechaninc and a low % specially in three pointers.

But well you can work on tht.

Master Mind
01-21-2009, 04:15 AM
Jennings

SEATTLEredsox
01-21-2009, 04:46 AM
James Harden, ASU. I think he'll be a stud in the NBA

Kyle916
01-21-2009, 06:43 AM
Jrue Holliday has it all.

kobeonekenobe
01-21-2009, 09:54 AM
U guys are all missing jodie meeks, this guy is amazing, I like Stephan curry alot too

bal_ravens
01-21-2009, 10:11 AM

Wtf are you talking about? I guess nobody reads the threads anymore.

leconjames
01-21-2009, 10:25 AM
sooooo who's ur pick for this year?

HOZ THE KNICK
01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
derozen

Ollie Tabooger
01-21-2009, 07:16 PM
JODY MEEKS, AJ ABRAMS, nah theyre just fun to watch and my favorite guards. Im not dissin Stephen Curry's game, he's a great player, but i just don't think he's NBA material. He reminds me of a Chris Lofton (tennessee last 4 years) who just shoots more than lofton. And lofton didn't even get drafted, unfortunately

Nadhi1
01-21-2009, 07:39 PM
James Harden, The guys a stud.

dougie5627
01-21-2009, 07:41 PM
ricky rubio haha to whoever said he aint polished, hes been a pro since like 14 and held his own and created problems for the usa team at the olympics, i just wished you guys watched euroleague as well as college ball, there is some good talent out there and rubio is just sick

td0tsfinest
01-21-2009, 07:50 PM

thats weird, he's praised for being a great defender. I don't think he's anything like calderon. His biggest weakness is his Assist to turnover ratio; which happens to be Jose's biggest strength.

I think the best guard out of this draft is James Harden but Ricky Rubio (if he enters, I don't think he will) will be the better guard long term. Brandon Jennings, notable choice.

Derrick_Rose
01-21-2009, 08:12 PM
Thats why people on the boards should not talk about rubio or his upside in this league, no one has teh slightest idea, you just read the Drafnt.net or another stupid sites comaprison to Maravich and decided he is offensive weapon with no D.

Big news TOTALLY WRONG. In fact waht has Scouts hallucinating is how good he is at DEFENSE how many steals he gets a game, how thight he pursues his target, How many passes or shotcs he deflects and how much he disrupts the other teams offense by molesting the Pg, you coudl ask Paul about it.

His handling is Magnificent and has an uncanny court vision, and likes showbaotaing a la magic johnson on passes.

He is also Llong for a pg 6,6 and growing still.

And about scoring, he is not average , he once did a 50 points 20 rebounds 20 assust game you know? but he decides not to score much becaus ehe preferes passing and having people involved in teh game.

He is more laika a Jason Kidd than a Crhis paul, i guess in teh nba he will score like 15 ppg at best while ditching 12`+ assits and grabing 4 + rebounds and 2,5 steals.

His weak spot is he has a bad shooting mechaninc and a low % specially in three pointers.

But well you can work on tht.

Jesus Christ are you blind.

Raps18-19 Champ
01-21-2009, 08:18 PM
thats weird, he's praised for being a great defender. I don't think he's anything like calderon. His biggest weakness is his Assist to turnover ratio; which happens to be Jose's biggest strength.

I think the best guard out of this draft is James Harden but Ricky Rubio (if he enters, I don't think he will) will be the better guard long term. Brandon Jennings, notable choice.

i dont think he will be a good defender in the nba. In europe he might be but i dont think he will be a good defender in the nba

kingjanjic
01-21-2009, 08:36 PM

:cry::cry:, he as big of a problem for teams as larry hughes is, ........................which isnt much at :p

jehovah joe
01-21-2009, 08:42 PM
rubio
curry
teague
holiday
harden
jennings

GiantYankKnicks
01-21-2009, 08:44 PM
James Harden and Jrue Holliday

Derrick_Rose
01-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Derozan

zambo4president
01-21-2009, 10:22 PM
Probably would go with Jennings.

hotpotato1092
01-21-2009, 10:34 PM
Right now it has to be Rubio based on the olympics and his consistently great play in the euro league, but in terms of potential it's Brandon Jennings. I really think he could be as good as Chris Paul, and I know I'm getting blasted for that but based on his potential I think he's that good.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2009, 03:40 AM
i dont think he will be a good defender in the nba. In europe he might be but i dont think he will be a good defender in the nbayeah of course, what do these euros knows. all we have to meausre his defense tis that crappy FINAL GAME at the olympics where as a 17 year old kid who had to start because of the injury of Calderon HELD HIS OWN against arguably the Three best PG of the nba at this moment and where NONE of them three had a noticiable game because there was that kid disturbing every pass and every shot they tried.....

pauljames
01-22-2009, 04:22 AM
I think jennings has so much upside. If he gets drafted into the right situation, i think he could end up being up there with chris paul, deron williams, and derrik rose in upcomming years.

Hellcrooner
01-22-2009, 04:25 AM
^yes he is awesome and its doing fine in such a difficult situation as is playing in a new country with a different style.

But i have supsiccions that nba may make thigns difficult for him , because if he succeds there are a LOT of players that will skip ncaa to go win some bucks while getting a superb Fundamentals training in europe.

mavericksfan33
01-22-2009, 05:53 AM
ima have to also go with James Harden also, he is a great player at ASU.
Rubio can also ball, and he is always gettin praised for his ability to steal the ball.

Master Mind
01-22-2009, 06:09 AM
PG's-

In order

1-Jennings
2-Rubio
3-Flynn
4-Curry
5-Lawson
6-Colison