PDA

View Full Version : Browns: Going after Julius Peppers

bameche
01-20-2009, 03:50 PM
Julius Peppers has said that he wants out of Carolina. Since his contract is expiring this year, what are the chances this guy ends up signing with the Browns? Sure we're cap-conscious given the amount of dough invested into the D Line anyways, but JP is a game-changer that has no price tag. What are your thoughts on the likelihood of this happening? Also, who are we going after in the draft this year with the 5th overall..

Clevefan23
01-20-2009, 04:47 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes please!!!!!!

If we get Peppers then id say that we go after malcolm jenkins, or rey maulaluga i probley butchered that name

SenecaValley46
01-20-2009, 11:54 PM
The Browns always do like to spend a little in free agency. He will be a huge contract though.

phitautimmy
01-21-2009, 01:10 PM
J.P. would be nice but he might be a little to high for the price. One free agent I would like to see come to Cleveland is Namde Oshmoghu from Oakland. I know the spelling is wrong so i didn't even try. With the hiring of Rob Ryan to run the defense this shut down corner would be ideal. He's familiar with Ryan's playcalling and reportedly wants out of Oakland. (who wouldn't). Sure his numbers were down this year but thats because no one threw his direction. If we could acquire him and maybe one other defensive player in FA or trade then I would spend my #5 pick on a pass rusher, ball carrier, or wideout. Look for Shady McCoy as a steal in round two.

nygiants242
01-21-2009, 01:10 PM
Huge contract.. would be a nice addition though they definitely need it. Him + Rogers = nasss

bameche
01-21-2009, 02:58 PM
I feel like Asumoga (the CB from the Raiders) just signed a long-term deal. Also, he had a career season this year and the price tag would be substantial to nab him.

Other notable FA's we can pick-up:

Brandon Jacobs
Darren Sproles

One of the Ravens FA Linebackers: Ray Lewis, Terelle Suggs, or Bart Scott!!

monster_mash
01-22-2009, 02:05 PM
peppers wants to play olb in a 3-4 defense. Which is totally fine by me

statiusx
01-23-2009, 03:43 PM
Pepp might be a little pricey- there are plenty of guys out there who can help and have a bit cheaper price tag- Maybe Vilma, Crowder and Barton?

Free Agents (http://www.footballsfuture.com/2009/fa/lb.html)