PDA

View Full Version : Corey Maggette for Eric Snow

garlicboy
01-20-2009, 03:46 AM
Corey Maggette for Eric Snow and a 2nd round pick. Is Eric Snow's contract still tradeable?

This trade would work out well for both sides. With the emergence of Belinelli and Anthony Morrow along with the return of Monta, we don't need Corey. He'd be a SOLID, no.2 scorer next 2 Lebron, not too mention the most chiseled 2/3 pair in the NBA.

BKdoubleStacker
01-20-2009, 04:22 AM
Corey Maggette for Eric Snow and a 2nd round pick. Is Eric Snow's contract still tradeable?

This trade would work out well for both sides. With the emergence of Belinelli and Anthony Morrow along with the return of Monta, we don't need Corey. He'd be a SOLID, no.2 scorer next 2 Lebron, not too mention the most chiseled 2/3 pair in the NBA.

explain to me how it works out well for the warriors

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-20-2009, 04:33 AM

well if you know anything about salary it would help them there. But still they probably won't do that.

garlicboy
01-20-2009, 06:39 AM

I'm a warrior fan, believe me when I say most fans and our coach would do it. We can't make playoffs so as fans we want our young guys to play and we want to lose as many games to get a solid pick.

Corey is good, but he we have TONS of wings
SOLID VETS: Monta, Jackson, Azubuike and you could even include PG/SG Jamal Crawford
EMERGING ROOKIES/SOPHMORES: Anthony Morrow(sweetest set shooter in the NBA), Marco Belinelli and CJ Watson.

CavsYanksDuke
01-20-2009, 12:54 PM
The only problem is that you guys overpaid for him, but I would DEFINITELY make this trade.

kingshiz
01-20-2009, 01:37 PM
This would be a NICE trade.

garlicboy
01-20-2009, 06:34 PM
The only problem is that you guys overpaid for him, but I would DEFINITELY make this trade.

Overpaid by a million per year, but consider he's cheaper than comparable Shooting guards like J-Rich and Richard Jefferson. He also gets to the line 10 times a game. He can't shoot 3's, but does he need to when Moe Williams and Daniel Gibson are there to bomb away.

You have $25 Million in expiring this year and $35 million next year. You get Maggette, that would be an enticing complimentary player for Lebron, to go along with 2010 contracts of Moe Williams, Daniel Gibson, JJ Hickson, Darnell Jackson and any future picks. Lebron's assists would increase by 1-2 a game with Maggette. Not too mention, that by the time 2010 rolls around Maggette would only have 3 more years left on his contract.

The only better WING player than Maggette this offseason is Ben Gordon, but he'll command around the same amount, maybe $1 million less, but then you'll also have him for a year longer. Also, he has proven that he won't get lazy. He's the only 2008 free agent signing who put up similar stats, and acutally increased his rebounding average. He's also willing to be 6th man. Brand, Baron Davis and Josh Smith are all playing like SH-T!!!

We didn't need him, but the Warriors signed the most productive Free agent this off-season.

Another interseting thing, all these players losing cap space. However there is only a finited number of GOOD players available.

Cavs_Fan24
01-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Makes sense, but I doubt the Warriors do it.

garlicboy
01-20-2009, 07:40 PM
I would do Corey Maggette, Brandan Wright, and Marcus Williams or CJ "Who's that guy" Watson for 2009 1st round pick and 2011 1st round pick.

If you don't know CJ Watson, some call him "Who's that guy" because he just goes out and performs usually leaving the crowd, coaches and players scratching their head thinking "who's that guy?". http://www.nba.com/playerfile/cj_watson/index.html
Think Daniel Gibson but a better PG and slasher.

Actually, I'd rather give up Marcus Williams. Forgot he's still on the team. He's actually a pretty good PG, but for some reason Nelson doesn't like him. Williams can REALLY find guys. Best passer on our team.

Clevefan23
01-20-2009, 10:27 PM
I like all 3 Magettte, Wright, and Williams followed williams when at uconn and is the def. of a point guard

But id rather keep the picks, anyways it wouldnt work bc of contracts

garlicboy
01-20-2009, 10:43 PM
Remember, your getting 2 young guys in Wright and Watson. The 2009 pick we receive is going to be in the late 20's of the 1st round while the 2011 pick could be lottery protected.

The trade works: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=831~959~497~3039~3242&teams=9~9~5~5~5&te=&cash=

1amLEGEND
01-26-2009, 03:27 AM
they can get waaaaaaaaaaay more than that for cory maggette buddy LOL. its not like the warriors are over the luxury tax or somethin dude shake yourselfc:rolleyes:

IndiansFan337
01-27-2009, 08:14 PM
We would be interested in acquiring Wright for sure. But I don't think we want to take on Maggette's long term contract. You guys are desperate to get rid of him. And there's no denying that, based on the three threads that you have created to attempt to gauge what the Cavs interest would be.

The Cavs are one of few teams that may take on salary at the trade deadline. But I am very confident that they won't be taking a contract as long as Maggette's.