PDA

View Full Version : Corey Maggette for Hedo Turkoglu

garlicboy
01-20-2009, 03:16 AM
Would you guys be interested in Corey Maggette for Hedo Turkoglu?

I'm just thinking Corey is more of a slasher and one of the best guys at getting to the free throw line in the NBA. At SG/SF, he is a better defender and rebounder than Hedo. However, Hedo is a better 3 pt shooter and passer.

I must admit I have not seen the Magic play that much, but I have seen Hedo play when he played with the Kings. His defense is atrocious but he's great on offense.

That being said I think Maggette would be better because I value defense and rebounding over a team already loaded with good 3 pt shooters in Nelson, Lewis, Pietrus, Lee and Redick. Also, Maggette brings a slashing dimension that the Magic lack.

macc
01-20-2009, 11:29 AM
Not a chance, Hedo is clutch at the end of games plus he runs our point alot throughout the game since we are short at the point position. We already have 2 slashers in MP and Lee. I would pass up on that trade.

Anon
01-20-2009, 11:38 AM
You've got to be kidding.

MAC10TIZZY
01-20-2009, 01:46 PM
heck na:mad: man i am so nervous that turk might leave, but i think he is one of those players that is in it for winning and teamwork, not just gigantic money(i mean he is already a multimillionaire yearly). i know this site has been real quiet lately since we have been playing so well as to not jinx us but dangit the magic deserve it, so , well done magic-well done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mightymouse407
01-20-2009, 02:07 PM
no way wont happen. otis said his goal is to keep hedo in orlando and why would we trade for Maggette when they said hedo is looking to sign a deal similar to Maggette 5yr $50million hedo is way more valuable then Maggette

garlicboy
01-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Cool,
Didn't know Hedo ran PG for you guys. Maggette's good, we just aren't going to make playoffs, so as fans we want to lose as many games as possible and get in on the Blake Griffin sweepstakes.

Chris36Chambers
01-20-2009, 04:41 PM
We dont need Corey we got Lee & our core is set....we will only be looking to move Cook, Battie or JJ for a PF who can contribute of the bench

ragee
01-20-2009, 05:06 PM
Who in their right mind would consider this trade?!:mad: YOu can never see anything special about Corey... He can't even make plays for himself! Hedo may not score as much as other players but you can count on him scoring when you need it most!

garlicboy
01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
Corey is actually averaging 22 pts and 6 rebs a game as a 6th man for is in the last 7-8 games.

Being a Warrior fan, I can without a doubt state that Maggette gets to the hole MUCH better than Pietrus and is a better finisher. If he doesn't finish, Maggette gets to the line almost 10 times a game, up there with superstars like Kobe and the big men in the paint.

Don't need Hedo, actually would try and 3 way trade him for an expring contract. We have the best 3 pt shooter in the league you've never heard of named Anthony Morrow who can also get steals and rebs and doesn't make studpid mistakes, and Marco Belinelli who can also run the point and shoot 3's much like Hedo, but surprisingly has learned how to play good defense. Also have Azubuike, Stepehen Jackson and Monta's coming back. We're LOADED, at the wing spots.

tezza90
01-20-2009, 06:21 PM
"If it ain't broke don't fix it"

Sorry but there is no need to make any changes to the starting lineup especially when team chemistry off and on the court has never been better (winning definitely helps).
Just the thought of trading Turks for Maggette is laughable because Turks plays such a major role in the magic's system.

MAC10TIZZY
01-20-2009, 07:11 PM
Corey is actually averaging 22 pts and 6 rebs a game as a 6th man for is in the last 7-8 games.

Being a Warrior fan, I can without a doubt state that Maggette gets to the hole MUCH better than Pietrus and is a better finisher. If he doesn't finish, Maggette gets to the line almost 10 times a game, up there with superstars like Kobe and the big men in the paint.

Don't need Hedo, actually would try and 3 way trade him for an expring contract. We have the best 3 pt shooter in the league you've never heard of named Anthony Morrow who can also get steals and rebs and doesn't make studpid mistakes, and Marco Belinelli who can also run the point and shoot 3's much like Hedo, but surprisingly has learned how to play good defense. Also have Azubuike, Stepehen Jackson and Monta's coming back. We're LOADED, at the wing spots.

dang yall are spending way to much money to have him be a six man, i laugh my ***** of to you saying that mag gets to the hole "much" better, pietrus gets hurt trying to summersault on people....really? you have the best 3 pt shooter in the league, when nobody's even heard of this clown(only reason i know his name is because he had one good game)....and p.s. how you gonna come up in our forum, propose a stupid trade, and then go off subject on how loaded you are, your not loaded, your imploded , into last place

garlicboy
01-20-2009, 07:31 PM
dang yall are spending way to much money to have him be a six man, i laugh my ***** of to you saying that mag gets to the hole "much" better, pietrus gets hurt trying to summersault on people....really? you have the best 3 pt shooter in the league, when nobody's even heard of this clown(only reason i know his name is because he had one good game)....and p.s. how you gonna come up in our forum, propose a stupid trade, and then go off subject on how loaded you are, your not loaded, your imploded , into last place

Yeah, but we had our best player out in Monta, and we have a shot at Blake Griffin or Ricky Rubio.

Lot's of silver lining to our woes. You better let that hate go, that hate will tear you up on the inside.

You'll hear about Anthony Morrow when he wins the 3 pt shooting contest. If not this year next year. He shoots 48% from 3.

ragee
01-20-2009, 09:30 PM

Yeah... 22 pts on an all offense team...

futureman
01-21-2009, 11:07 AM
If your the best team in the league that just swept the lakers, I wouldn't be making any trades.

Gdubbz
01-21-2009, 02:20 PM
No way. hedo is on fire. Hes the backbone of our three machine.

JNore151
01-21-2009, 04:53 PM
this is a joke theard right?

MAC10TIZZY
01-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Yeah, but we had our best player out in Monta, and we have a shot at Blake Griffin or Ricky Rubio.

Lot's of silver lining to our woes. You better let that hate go, that hate will tear you up on the inside.

You'll hear about Anthony Morrow when he wins the 3 pt shooting contest. If not this year next year. He shoots 48% from 3.

lol. there is not an angry bone in my body, i just state the facts.
you talk about this guy as if he is running for m.v.p. or something. yes your fact is true, he shoots 48% from three, but thats not hard to do when you average ONE a game...lol....good luck with that three point competion, and we will worry about the big boy competion, the nba championship

MagicBucsSox
01-23-2009, 02:54 PM
maggette sucks id rather trade for steve jackson or crawford than him

JNore151
01-23-2009, 06:26 PM
maybe jackson but not crawford he cant play defense....i wouldnt dream of trading hedo but i think marion would be a good fit...im not suggesting we should try and get him, im jus throwin ideas out there.....

garlicboy
01-23-2009, 06:43 PM
lol. there is not an angry bone in my body, i just state the facts.
you talk about this guy as if he is running for m.v.p. or something. yes your fact is true, he shoots 48% from three, but thats not hard to do when you average ONE a game...lol....good luck with that three point competion, and we will worry about the big boy competion, the nba championship

No offense, but I don't see you guys beating the Celtics. Maybe next year when they're older. But the other night, the Celtics showed their experience and mettle.

Anthony Morrow is good. I'd tell you to remember the name, but you'll know it soon. He's what people thought JJ Redick should've been shot wise, but better in every other facet of the game.

JNore151
01-23-2009, 10:28 PM
yo son i kno u aint talkin bout da Magic...u a golden state fan dogg....yo get da fukkk outta here wit all dat.......morrow? he might b nice one day but yo u expect him to carry ur team? smh.....dat aint gonna happen.....celtics played great d last nite, its still early we can learn form it and still make a move or two to improve .....but yo warriors aint gonna be elite any time soon..

MagicBucsSox
01-23-2009, 11:16 PM
we def need a big man asap

Sean McG
01-24-2009, 01:27 AM
Not a Magic fan or anything, but this deal doesn't really work out for anyone because Magette isn't as good as Turkoglu and is locked up long term, while also being an injury liability. For the Warriors, Turkoglu is a pending free agent, so it would free up cap from Magette's contract by having him walk at the end of the season, but I doubt they would want their big FA signing from last year gone so they could try to get another FA signing this year.

Yankees12Magic
01-24-2009, 01:36 PM
This has to be the stupidest thing ive ever heard

MAC10TIZZY
01-24-2009, 04:31 PM
what up j(nore) its been awhile since i heard from ya.... can you beleive this clown? what a joke? ....p.s. my heart still hurts from that boston game(even though i had a stomach ache the whole day before knowing that we might lose) all these haters out there drop us like a bad habbit just cause we lose one game, then people want to question our toughness....unite magic fans!!!!!!!!!!!

garlicboy
01-24-2009, 04:57 PM
Only reason I proprosed this trade was to get rid of Maggette's contract. Funny thing is, I didn't know Hedo was such a "STUD" on your team. He was a back-up/average player on the Kings.

It's no wonder you guys got blasted by the Celts.

Hedo on Pierce? PLEASE!!! Mismatch!!!
I'm sure Jameer also has nightmares of Rondo all over him like a spider on a fly, he's going nowhere.

Your not going very far if you expect Hedo to be one of your main guys

NYGManningFan10
01-24-2009, 06:00 PM
That has to be a joke. Hedo seems to be the Magic's MVP (besides Howard of course). You can't afford to trade away such a clutch performer like Turkoglu.

NastyRud
01-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey All, Bulls Fan here. Don't worry, I won't praise our 12th man like an All-Star so please be easy on me for this trade offer. I posted this on our Trade Forum.

I was looking at which team in the East are real contenders this year and basically it's the Cavs, Magic, and maybe Pistons. So why not look at one of those teams who would like to add a final piece to push Boston. Here's a trade that could help Orlando.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1711~2381~1998~3024~862&teams=19~19~4~4~4&te=&cash=

They would have to give up Hedo, but get Gordon and Gooden in return both of which could really help them get past Boston. Anyone think they would do this? Gordon would have all the open shots he wants with Howard down low. Gooden would keep his man on the outside because of his jumpshot leaving Howard to control underneath without the double teams. I don't think Gordon would veto this trade as it would put him on a good team with the chance at a title. This would be their line-up.

PG - J. Nelson (playmaker PG)
SG - B. Gordon (lights out shooter)
SF - R. Lewis (all-around player)
PF - D. Gooden (high post player)
C - D. Howard (Superman)

or maybe

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=3024~862~2381~3224~3030&teams=4~4~19~19~19&te=&cash=

Noah could play both PF & C.

MAC10TIZZY
01-24-2009, 11:08 PM
Only reason I proprosed this trade was to get rid of Maggette's contract. Funny thing is, I didn't know Hedo was such a "STUD" on your team. He was a back-up/average player on the Kings.

It's no wonder you guys got blasted by the Celts.

Hedo on Pierce? PLEASE!!! Mismatch!!!
I'm sure Jameer also has nightmares of Rondo all over him like a spider on a fly, he's going nowhere.

Your not going very far if you expect Hedo to be one of your main guys

there you go fagkisser, comin ' up in here being a golden state fan and lover of a scrub who can barely get off the bench,who is a baller to you, cause he makes ONE three pointer a game, and now you are a boston fan?... you are a discrace to nba basket ball, and to prosportsdaily.com, now please stop bothering us we STILL have a season to play as to where you dont....now get on

MAC10TIZZY
01-24-2009, 11:15 PM
and p.s. yes turks "was" a back up (five years ago), one thing he wasn't was three deep on the pine like ya boi anthony morrow....ha ha ha ha

Sandman
01-25-2009, 01:05 PM
hands off my hedo.

FlashTastic One
01-25-2009, 03:27 PM
Why can't Maggette ever get any love. Per36, he's averaging 20.8ppg 6.5rpg 2.1apg and 1.0spg. He has a career average of 19.9ppg 6.3rpg 2.8apg.

I don't see Turk play all that much, but Maggette is a phenominal scorer who AVERAGES 10 shots from the free throw line, per 36. Also and above average scorer who can play 1-3, and even the four against smaller power forwards given his overall strength.

Corey Maggette is a freaking stud and I think could go far helping guard the more athletic guys the Magic are sure to face, i.e. Allen, Pierce, LeBron etc

Again, don't see the Magic play that much - and Hedo's the go-to-guy at the end of the games for the Magic if I'm not mistaken, but I think Corey Maggette is an upgrade overall as a basketball player.

MAC10TIZZY
01-25-2009, 04:26 PM
Why can't Maggette ever get any love. Per36, he's averaging 20.8ppg 6.5rpg 2.1apg and 1.0spg. He has a career average of 19.9ppg 6.3rpg 2.8apg.

I don't see Turk play all that much, but Maggette is a phenominal scorer who AVERAGES 10 shots from the free throw line, per 36. Also and above average scorer who can play 1-3, and even the four against smaller power forwards given his overall strength.

Corey Maggette is a freaking stud and I think could go far helping guard the more athletic guys the Magic are sure to face, i.e. Allen, Pierce, LeBron etc

Again, don't see the Magic play that much - and Hedo's the go-to-guy at the end of the games for the Magic if I'm not mistaken, but I think Corey Maggette is an upgrade overall as a basketball player.

he's missed fifteen or more four of his last seven seasons, and starting %'s are way worse

tatort
01-26-2009, 09:21 AM
Maggette is good player, but he only plays half or three quarters of a season. Making the playoffs with him, and losing him then because of injury would be an unacceptable problem. To me, the risk of long term Injury would be too high ... for a trade or a signing.

Chris36Chambers
01-26-2009, 02:14 PM
Its simple...Hedo is out Clutch guy although Jameer Nelson is starting to become our number one 4th Q option Hedo is still the guy we look two to close out games. Plus he is more efficient than Corey

apope26
01-27-2009, 11:41 AM
:cool::confused:

Aint no way homie.. Hedo for Odom sounds more logic.. not Maggette.

nelson
lee
Lewis
odom
howard

Still wouldn't trade Turk for much! He too valuable.

trade some scrubs for a big man (reddick,bogans, etc) for a back up for Dwight. liiiiiike a joel prysbilla(blazers).. then we'd compete for a Ring!

Bengals1fan
01-27-2009, 07:40 PM
Meggette talk is just crazy....Hedo is top 5 clutches players in the league hands down. hes virtual unguardable cuz he can do so many things and plus we dont need a 2. Hell we even have a Redick sighting in o-town so that would be a dumb move. I will say however that hedo needs 2 be addressed. Yea im sure he wants 2 stay in orlando but he is gonna want some chips 2 go with that dip. I think u SERIOUSLY consider resigning him but if we cant b4 the trade deadline and depending on whats out there and who's offering, u have 2 think about a trade cuz he cant let him walk 4 nuttin

DirkIsTheBest
01-28-2009, 05:23 AM
Hedo + JJ Redick + 1st round pick for Dirk Nowitzki ! With Dirk & Dwight , Orlando can beat cavs & celtics easily !

Bengals1fan
01-28-2009, 08:43 PM
MAN WE DONT NEED SORRY DIRK SORRY AZZ IN THE MAGIC KINGDOM!!!.....he can stay in Texas. No disrespect or nuttin man just sayin

tnigro77
01-30-2009, 07:18 PM
hey would you guys trade jj. if so what would you want from the nuggets.

Bengals1fan
01-30-2009, 08:34 PM
Nene is who orlando could use out of denver so however that would work cuz im sure they would want more than jj

tnigro77
01-30-2009, 11:21 PM
no nene is a beast for us we definetly wont trade him. the people we are looking to trade are dahntay jones, kliezia, anthony carter, and hunter. considering not much talent in there draft picks could be used.