PDA

View Full Version : Will The Bobcats Make The Playoffs?

homestarunner93
01-19-2009, 11:56 PM
Obviously, I don't think we have any certified psychics on this site, but the Bobcats are only three games back of the Bucks and 76ers. Do you think they can/will make the playoffs?

DerekRE_3
01-20-2009, 12:00 AM
Well, over half of their games for the remainder of the season are on the road. But it's definitely possible. They are playing much better as a team.

homestarunner93
01-20-2009, 12:10 AM
Well, over half of their games for the remainder of the season are on the road. But it's definitely possible. They are playing much better as a team.

Yeah, they only lost by two to the Spurs despite not having Augustin or Diop/Carroll and Hollins. We led by 8 at one point in the third. I feel like this was a statement that the Bobcats are a franchise on the rise.

JakeDelbreezy
01-20-2009, 11:25 AM
I voted No, but only for now. I'd like to reserve the right to change my vote in a week or two after I see how Diop effects the team. Hollins and Carroll were insignificant pieces to the Bobcats for the most part. If Diop can add even more defensive presence to a Bobcats team that is suddenly developing into a very good defensive team as opposed to just a good defensive team then I would be more prone to say yes. I'm the first to admit I was completely wrong in doubting MJ's (ehh LB's) first move for Diaw/Bell/Singletary. Here's hoping this move works out as well...the Bobcats are looking up...and for someone who's been a fan since day one...that's saying a lot.

homestarunner93
01-20-2009, 05:10 PM
I voted No, but only for now. I'd like to reserve the right to change my vote in a week or two after I see how Diop effects the team. Hollins and Carroll were insignificant pieces to the Bobcats for the most part. If Diop can add even more defensive presence to a Bobcats team that is suddenly developing into a very good defensive team as opposed to just a good defensive team then I would be more prone to say yes. I'm the first to admit I was completely wrong in doubting MJ's (ehh LB's) first move for Diaw/Bell/Singletary. Here's hoping this move works out as well...the Bobcats are looking up...and for someone who's been a fan since day one...that's saying a lot.

Raja usually lights it up 2 out of every 5 games. Diaw is almost always a solid contributor scoring wise. I think the J-Rich trade was good because of the defense we added, while we actually didn't give up much scoring. It also got rid of an ego, really the only big ego on the court (I'm not counting LB or MJ :D).

DerekRE_3
01-20-2009, 05:16 PM
I was one of the few that liked the J-Rich trade as soon as it happened. To me, the worst part of it was giving up Jared Dudley, who I really liked.

VCaintdead17
02-04-2009, 10:35 PM
nope, pacers will:D

op12
02-05-2009, 12:07 PM
yes, the bucks are falling off due to injuries and philly just isnt coming around like everyone thought.

michaelbt18
02-08-2009, 03:55 AM
Obviously, I don't think we have any certified psychics on this site, but the Bobcats are only three games back of the Bucks and 76ers. Do you think they can/will make the playoffs?

hmmhmm. I will be the certified psychic. Gerald wallace will be back from his injury in 1 week and he will score 20.69 points a game and the bobcats will go to the playoffs. :cool:

DerekRE_3
02-08-2009, 03:57 AM
hmmhmm. I will be the certified psychic. Gerald wallace will be back from his injury in 1 week and he will score 20.69 points a game and the bobcats will go to the playoffs. :cool:

He said a couple days ago that he would be back in two weeks.

michaelbt18
02-08-2009, 04:55 AM
eh, close enough. see i am a psychic.

JJ81
02-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I'd like to think so. Vlad will carry you there.

DerekRE_3
02-10-2009, 05:45 PM
I'd like to think so. Vlad will carry you there.

Well the return of Gerald Wallace could. He's gonna be back right after the All-Star break, some people thought he would be out a lot longer. He's already back to practicing and warmed up before the game against the Clips last night.

With Augustine back, Vlad coming off the bench, and Raja Bell and Gerald Wallace coming back, we could make a push, but it will be hard as most of our games are on the road. Before Wallace got hurt, we were 1 1/2 games back from the 8th spot....we were so close and we had really started to come together.

king4day
02-12-2009, 01:01 PM
I'll jump on their bandwagon if they do make it.
I'd like to get to the first home playoff game if possible.
While it's an extremley far reach, I can see Charlotte giving Boston (assuming they're the 1 seed and the Bobcats are the 8) a run like Atlanta did last season.

masalex1205
02-12-2009, 01:55 PM
^agreed, I like the way that we match up with the Celtics.

The Bobcats have made more moves than a fantasy team this year and suprisingly the players we have acquired have meshed better than anyone could have thought.

The 5 game skid hurt but we really have a shot, especially if Crash gets back sooner rather than later.

king4day
02-12-2009, 02:14 PM
^agreed, I like the way that we match up with the Celtics.

The Bobcats have made more moves than a fantasy team this year and suprisingly the players we have acquired have meshed better than anyone could have thought.

The 5 game skid hurt but we really have a shot, especially if Crash gets back sooner rather than later.

Fortunately the East is forgiving and a 5 game skid can be easily forgotten with a little bit of a return win streak.

They haven't yet shown their potential though.
If VladRad continues to play well, then the bench will be much stronger.

The veterans Brown has acquired will help them stay focused during the late season playoff chase.

Diop/Vlad - Finals Experience
Bell/Diaw - WCF experience

Wallace is fearless. Augustin is the wildcard. This guy doesn't get rattled. He's hit some huge FT's this year.

JakeDelbreezy
02-12-2009, 03:54 PM
As assembled this team is certainly capable of making the playoffs. I just hope it's not too late. If we would have had this team from day one we'd probably be comfortably setting in position to make the playoffs. Even if they don't make the playoffs this year, I'm for the first time feeling good about the Bobcats....

homestarunner93
02-12-2009, 07:27 PM
As assembled this team is certainly capable of making the playoffs. I just hope it's not too late. If we would have had this team from day one we'd probably be comfortably setting in position to make the playoffs. Even if they don't make the playoffs this year, I'm for the first time feeling good about the Bobcats....

I agree. Its funny that just a few years ago, we had players like Kevin Burleson, Jahidi White, and Jason Hart on our roster.

DerekRE_3
02-12-2009, 08:00 PM
I agree. Its funny that just a few years ago, we had players like Kevin Burleson, Jahidi White, and Jason Hart on our roster.

Don't forget Tamar Slay, Omar Cook, and Primoz Brezec.

It's even funnier how earlier this year we had guys like Andre Brown and Ryan Hollins.

michaelbt18
02-13-2009, 05:19 AM
And never for get that there USED to be the hack Morrison!

JakeDelbreezy
02-13-2009, 08:39 AM

There for a while Jahidi White held the title of "Highest Paid" Bobcat in franchise history...that really tells you how bad it was in the beginning...:puke:

Kakaroach
02-13-2009, 06:19 PM
Bobcats won't make the playoffs lol. Aren't they like in the bottom 3 of the East or something?

Chateamsfan
02-13-2009, 06:29 PM
Bobcats won't make the playoffs lol. Aren't they like in the bottom 3 of the East or something?

That doesnt mean we cant go on a run and make the playoffs!!! When Wallace and Bell get back, we probaly can beat a team like the Jazz!:mad:

DerekRE_3
02-13-2009, 06:49 PM

The Bobcats are 3 1/2 games out the 8th spot and are getting 2 starters back after the break (Wallace and Raja). With our newfound bench depth, we could definitely make it. Our defense and offense are so much improved from the beginning of the year. We are an entirely new team.

homestarunner93
02-13-2009, 09:12 PM

Jazz already lost to the Bobcats lol.

DerekRE_3
02-13-2009, 09:22 PM
Jazz already lost to the Bobcats lol.

The Bobcats have beaten the Celtics, Lakers, Jazz, Hornets, Pistons, Trailblazers, and Suns. We play pretty well against Western teams for some reason.

scaj12
02-16-2009, 11:47 AM
Being in the East and at full strength, the Bobcats have real good chance at making the playoffs.

DerekRE_3
02-16-2009, 01:22 PM
Being in the East and at full strength, the Bobcats have real good chance at making the playoffs.

Let's hope so, and welcome to the forums!

michaelbt18
02-16-2009, 09:09 PM
They play with so much energy (especially diaw) that it can take them anywhere if they use it right.

extreme k.closs
02-17-2009, 06:57 PM
I think you guys will make the playoffs you'll be getting bell, which will help spread the floor, and G wall back soon which will help out tremendously. I think it was the most retarted thing petrie has ever done leaving wallace unprotected. You could tell he was going to be good when he was in his 1st. year just was very raw and didn't get any time. I am hoping donte greene ends up like gwall but with a better J. Anyway this is probably my favorite team in the east. either you guys or the hawks.