PDA

View Full Version : Tampa Bay showing interest in Chan Gailey

redross006
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
610 sports radio is reporting that the Bucs are showing interest in Chan Gailey to be their next OC. If this is true He could be the 4th ***. coach to leave the chiefs. It is being reported that gunther is headed to either Detroit or the Titans. Priefer has gone to Denver and DB coach Gibbs is going to Houston. But yet no word on Herm. How can we possibly keep herm another year with a new set of assistant coaches. And who would be willing to come in for just one year? I see no logic in keeping Herm and the longer we wait the worse the options get. The only way we get a decent set of assistant coaches w/ Herm is to give him at least a one year extension. No f'n way! I say drop Herm and get an entire new coaching staff and give them more than one year to get the job done. Who do you like for HC, OC(if we lose Chan), DC, etc.

Nvchiefsfan
01-19-2009, 11:39 PM
They had better start sucking up to Cowher now. Russ Grimm would be a good candidate to. He has built some good Offensive lines in Pittsburg and now in Arizona.

Kcfanbaby212*
01-20-2009, 01:00 AM
sup

Duffman
01-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Herm will either get an extension or be fired. If neither happens Pioli is just setting the Chiefs back even further.

Kcfanbaby212*
01-20-2009, 09:16 PM
Maybe Haley is the man for the job, and seeing how every HC position is filled, he wont turn it down.

fightwookies
01-20-2009, 11:07 PM
obviously the first step is to figure out whats happening with herm. fire or extend, we need to do it quickly. no assistant coach worth having will come to work for a lame-duck coach, while all of ours are going where they have a chance at some job stability. this situation needs resolved quickly.

Kcfanbaby212*
01-20-2009, 11:58 PM
we will know if Herms the Colts DC, before we know hes fired....were so secretive!

ldslngr10x
01-21-2009, 06:37 PM
NO doubt! This is ridiculous! I mean we have free agency coming up and who in the hell is going to be addressing that?....We are missing the Senior Bowl and I know our draft prep is way behind......Pioli is starting to show alot of questionable confidence.......I guess we will see

Duffman
01-21-2009, 06:58 PM
Bill Parcells went to the Sr. Bowl once with the Cowboys. This years Sr. Class sucks anyways. Its a pretty big event, but not nearly as big as people make it out to be. Its not like coaches have to be signed with an organization to pay attention to it or be there either. Hell a lot of unemployed coaches go there looking for jobs.

GO YANKS
01-21-2009, 08:51 PM
:cry:Lets just face it as of now our team is a joke.

ldslngr10x
01-22-2009, 02:16 PM
Bill Parcells went to the Sr. Bowl once with the Cowboys. This years Sr. Class sucks anyways. Its a pretty big event, but not nearly as big as people make it out to be. Its not like coaches have to be signed with an organization to pay attention to it or be there either. Hell a lot of unemployed coaches go there looking for jobs.

They are our coaches and they should be working EVERYTHING to make our team better...or you could pay me their salaries and I will do the work for them.....For 4 Million a year they better be the hardest working people on the planet!

Kcfanbaby212*
01-22-2009, 03:13 PM
Our draft board will not change, they have people at the senior bowl who are KC scouts. We are still getting the job done.

Thearchitect33
01-23-2009, 04:13 PM
I don't like this. We are spinning our wheels and Pioli is digging a hole for himself, something that no rookie GM should do. I know what everyone is going to say, but Pioli is a rookie GM because at least half of the work in NE was done by Belichick.

Kcfanbaby212*
01-23-2009, 07:49 PM
hey arch....hows all your stuff going?

Kcfanbaby212*
01-23-2009, 07:53 PM
I don't like this. We are spinning our wheels and Pioli is digging a hole for himself, something that no rookie GM should do. I know what everyone is going to say, but Pioli is a rookie GM because at least half of the work in NE was done by Belichick.

what will you say when shanny signs?

Thearchitect33
01-27-2009, 03:13 AM
What do you mean by "stuff" fanbaby? If you mean classes, they're going pretty well. It's a lot of work, a lot of long hours, but I'm a night owl anyway. Nice for a lifelong Chiefs fan to be in Kansas City too.