PDA

View Full Version : $1 million is only the start for Marbury

oldenpolynice
01-19-2009, 05:53 PM
If he truly wants to go to Boston, which it seems like he does, $1 million is only the start (http://davissportsdeli.com/wordpress/2009/01/19/marbury-makes-peace-offering-of-1-million/)of what Marbury will be willing to pay to get out of his contract.

What are your guesses for how much Marbury surrenders in the end to get bought out?

qrich
01-19-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't think Marbs will give up any more then 5 mil, personally, I don't think he should give up anything. Just sit out and enjoy a seven figure salary for doing nothing.

ARMIN12NBA
01-19-2009, 06:13 PM
I don't think Marbs will give up any more then 5 mil, personally, I don't think he should give up anything. Just sit out and enjoy a seven figure salary for doing nothing.

He wants to play though. He doesn't want to do nothing. These athletes want to play and excel at the game they play in; not just make money and do nothing.

oldenpolynice
01-19-2009, 06:19 PM
He wants to play though. He doesn't want to do nothing. These athletes want to play and excel at the game they play in; not just make money and do nothing.

I agree, he wants to play badly. Otherwise why would he be sitting at Lakers games? And why would he put $1 million back on the table?

BoSox47
i heard the knicks offered 3 million the first go around but marbury stuck with his 1 million

MJ-BULLS
marbury sucks!!!!http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h308/JMAC_suga_BaBi_27/smiley%20faces/mood_pessimistic.gif

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 06:23 PM
i pray he goes to anywhere but boston....hopefully lakers 1. he bought a ticket. 2. jeanie buss invited him to a game 3. he has not been to a boston game but i think boston has the advantage becuz if he goes to boston he will get to torture the knicks more often

JOSKOMANG4
01-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Was it mentioned that starbury is bringin in 21mill this season by just sitting around the house?.. And he's is in his contract year.. Trust me.. He can be patient for next season lol.

oldenpolynice
01-19-2009, 07:19 PM
i pray he goes to anywhere but boston....hopefully lakers 1. he bought a ticket. 2. jeanie buss invited him to a game 3. he has not been to a boston game but i think boston has the advantage becuz if he goes to boston he will get to torture the knicks more often

Jeanie only invited him cuz she's tired of Phil and wanted Marbury to hit it. You know it's true...

Nighthawk
01-19-2009, 07:26 PM

I dont think the Knicks will do a buyout until they play The Celtics for their final time. I dont think they want him coming back and torching them.

BranWingss
01-19-2009, 07:33 PM
I think he should just sit out the rest of the season and get the full money,and by the end of the season sign with Boston.

Missing56&33
01-19-2009, 07:37 PM
take a seat steph and enjoy the playoffs Boston vs Knicks

carlo4444
01-19-2009, 07:39 PM
21 million to do nothing that would be the shiz

kingjanjic
01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Was it mentioned that starbury is bringin in 21mill this season by just sitting around the house?.. And he's is in his contract year.. Trust me.. He can be patient for next season lol.

problem with that is he wont receive a decent contract by another team unless he gets to play this season n show people he deserves a 3 or 4 year contract worth enough money

lets face it, marburys career isnt over, he is still a good player n get a good contract from a team that got the money so he needs to get back on the court n show whats his worth, usly player play their best when they r in a contract year, marbury isnt gonna get the chance so all hell get next year is some med or min contract when clearly his better then that

BTownTeamsRKing
01-19-2009, 08:15 PM
damn itt

stupid knicks are gonna screw Boston. they are going to wait until he cant join a playoff roster and then buy him out.

they wont play him and they are scared of him.

note: if he comes to Boston, i could use $15 dollar sneakers lol

Lakers4ItAll
01-19-2009, 08:37 PM
He will get a contract no problem.

problem with that is he wont receive a decent contract by another team unless he gets to play this season n show people he deserves a 3 or 4 year contract worth enough money

Giaps
01-19-2009, 09:58 PM
damn itt

stupid knicks are gonna screw Boston. they are going to wait until he cant join a playoff roster and then buy him out.

they wont play him and they are scared of him.

note: if he comes to Boston, i could use $15 dollar sneakers lol
Why would the Knicks do the Celtics or Marbury any favors?

bostncelts34
01-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I think this shows charachter a little bit. WHy should a player have to pay anything when a team doesnt want them anymore? He showing that hes willing to give up some cash, to play ball. props.

Frrrrank!!!
01-20-2009, 12:13 AM
I don't think he will be bought out any time soon. He isn't bothering them anymore considering he doesn't travel with the team. They know he wants to play, but why should they cut him? To help him or another team? No. The knicks can just wait this out and if he really wants to play he will continue to take less.

cahawk
01-20-2009, 04:52 AM
Boston really needs depth, Marbury would really help them.
Boston needs a big defender too, they really miss Posey.

Chronz
01-20-2009, 05:44 AM

Come on man, the guy worked his *** off this off season and returned his fitness and conditioning to what he thinks is the best physical condition hes been in, in years. You think he wants to quit playing? You underestimate the love of the game or the fame. He doesnt get any glory if hes not playing on a ****** team, imagine the recognition that comes with playing on a title winner.