PDA

View Full Version : whats the big deal about tony parker?

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 01:30 PM
this i never got. tony parker has always played on a spurs team with tim duncan and ect and parker himself is called an elite point guard. maybe not this season, but has been seen as an elite point guard. a point guard is suppose to make your team better, but it seems as duncan and company make him better. he really cant shoot the basketball and has the lowest percentage of any point guard in the nba on 3's. as i see it, the only way he ever really scores is off a loose ball or duncan sets a screen for him to go right in. i believe if he played on a team that doesnt have as many good players through the years since he has been there he would be another nba journey man. now i know some people are gonna say he has won a finals mvp, but when a team if focusing on duncan, ginoboli, finley, and so on its easy for someone to get open or score much easier. so my question to you guys is do you really think he is that great or do you think its his team that makes him look better?

weebs
01-19-2009, 01:35 PM
this i never got. tony parker has always played on a spurs team with tim duncan and ect and parker himself is called an elite point guard. maybe not this season, but has been seen as an elite point guard. a point guard is suppose to make your team better, but it seems as duncan and company make him better. he really cant shoot the basketball and has the lowest percentage of any point guard in the nba on 3's. as i see it, the only way he ever really scores is off a loose ball or duncan sets a screen for him to go right in. i believe if he played on a team that doesnt have as many good players through the years since he has been there he would be another nba journey man. now i know some people are gonna say he has won a finals mvp, but when a team if focusing on duncan, ginoboli, finley, and so on its easy for someone to get open or score much easier. so my question to you guys is do you really think he is that great or do you think its his team that makes him look better?
Parker has a good shot. He just doesn't have 3pt range. What's the big deal with that? He plays within his means. Dwayne Wade is horrible from 3 but still takes 3 of them a game, are you going to get on his case for that?

He's a very good player. I don't think I've ever heard him referred to as among the elite. He's clearly not and anybody that says he is in that Chris Paul range is dumb.

MJ-BULLS
01-19-2009, 01:50 PM

AGREE!media.photobucket.com/image/faces/juliebassett/faces.gif

Hawkeye15
01-19-2009, 01:51 PM
Parker has a decent shot. With the no hand check rule, he would be good on any team. He actually led the entire NBA in points in the paint for a couple of years, if you can't touch him, he will score. Best finisher in the league for under the rim players. And he is a finals MVP, 26 years old. Would Scottie Pippen have been a top 50 player ever without MJ? Would Malone or Stockton be who they are without each other? Great players need other great players around them too if they are going to win
All this being said, if it were 1993, no, he would be an average PG. You can't touch a dude anymore, and he would never have been allowed into the paint back then like he is now

cubulls
01-19-2009, 01:56 PM
"G Tony Parker is the only player in the NBA averaging at least 20 points and six assists while shooting better than 50 percent."

Thats why...

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 02:00 PM
He's not Chris Paul. But he is an elite PG. No, he doesn't have 3pt range, but his game is driving to the basket and getting to the foul line. When the Spurs were down with injuries, he went 22-36 for 55pts on 11/5. He's averaging 20.9pts and 6.6asts. He's the Spurs leading scorer (Timmy's at 20.3). And he's only 26. He doesn't put up bigger numbers because he doesn't have to. On the other hand, Derrick Rose is putting up numbers this year because Chicago sucks. Luol Deng is averaging what, 5pts less than his average high? Half the players don't think they're going to be there next year. Of course Rose is putting up numbers, he's the only one garuanteed to have a Bulls jersey next year. I'd take Tony Parker over any PG in the league not named Paul

kswissdaf
01-19-2009, 02:02 PM
parker = top 10 PG

kingjanjic
01-19-2009, 02:08 PM

u must of missed the day parker had 55 points right? plz shut the **** up n stop talking ****, he might not be able to shoot 3s but he scored 55 another way. Look at the spurs record this season while parker was hurt, they had the worst start in like 11 years, n i wonder y? maybe cuz parker wasnt playing. n if anyone says its cuz of manu, im gonna laugh cuz his under playing this season n hasnt made a difference at all

let me guess u think d rose is better then parker? thats a joke if u do, d rose isnt impressing me at all, look at mayo, thats the rookeie of the year n bulls will regreat not getting him like portland did when they drafted sam over jordan

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:11 PM
Parker has a good shot. He just doesn't have 3pt range. What's the big deal with that? He plays within his means. Dwayne Wade is horrible from 3 but still takes 3 of them a game, are you going to get on his case for that?

He's a very good player. I don't think I've ever heard him referred to as among the elite. He's clearly not and anybody that says he is in that Chris Paul range is dumb.

wades style is so much different. wade plays alot like jordan did, im not saying he plays as good as mj but wade has one of the most consistent mid range jumpers. parker doesnt. how many spurs games do you watch?

and theres an argument that he led the league in points in the paint. yeah i guess he would if duncan was there along with the rest of the great teams hes played on to take the pressure off of him and other teams dont focus on him. i just honestly dont think he is all that. the spurs didnt lose a step when he was injured so that should tell you right there that he's not that good cause if he was then the spurs would of been losing games when he was out.

kingjanjic
01-19-2009, 02:13 PM
He's not Chris Paul. But he is an elite PG. No, he doesn't have 3pt range, but his game is driving to the basket and getting to the foul line. When the Spurs were down with injuries, he went 22-36 for 55pts on 11/5. He's averaging 20.9pts and 6.6asts. He's the Spurs leading scorer (Timmy's at 20.3). And he's only 26. He doesn't put up bigger numbers because he doesn't have to. On the other hand, Derrick Rose is putting up numbers this year because Chicago sucks. Luol Deng is averaging what, 5pts less than his average high? Half the players don't think they're going to be there next year. Of course Rose is putting up numbers, he's the only one garuanteed to have a Bulls jersey next year. I'd take Tony Parker over any PG in the league not named Paul

WHAT BIG NUMBERS? HIS AVERAGING 17 POINTS A GAME, TONY PARKER IS HURT AND IS AVERAGING 20.9, he just came out of a huge injury, u cant even compare rose to parker, rose is averaging 17 points on a team gettin no where n not making a difference at all while parker is averaging 20.9 on a team that could easly win this year because we all no everyone under estimates the spurs every year n some how they win

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:15 PM
u must of missed the day parker had 55 points right? plz shut the **** up n stop talking ****, he might not be able to shoot 3s but he scored 55 another way. Look at the spurs record this season while parker was hurt, they had the worst start in like 11 years, n i wonder y? maybe cuz parker wasnt playing. n if anyone says its cuz of manu, im gonna laugh cuz his under playing this season n hasnt made a difference at all

let me guess u think d rose is better then parker? thats a joke if u do, d rose isnt impressing me at all, look at mayo, thats the rookeie of the year n bulls will regreat not getting him like portland did when they drafted sam over jordan

lmfao...... 55? that was against minnesota for one. for two yeah id rather have derrick rose. that guy is a TRUE POINT GUARD and would be averaging 10 or 11 assists per a game if his team mates would hit the f*cking shots. OJ MAYO? are you kidding me? i guess anyone could average 20 points agame when they take 30 shots a game. yeah, your real intelligent.

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 02:19 PM
WHAT BIG NUMBERS? HIS AVERAGING 17 POINTS A GAME, TONY PARKER IS HURT AND IS AVERAGING 20.9, he just came out of a huge injury, u cant even compare rose to parker, rose is averaging 17 points on a team gettin no where n not making a difference at all while parker is averaging 20.9 on a team that could easly win this year because we all no everyone under estimates the spurs every year n some how they win

Umm...did you read my post? I was agreeing with you...

kingjanjic
01-19-2009, 02:19 PM
lmfao...... 55? that was against minnesota for one. for two yeah id rather have derrick rose. that guy is a TRUE POINT GUARD and would be averaging 10 or 11 assists per a game if his team mates would hit the f*cking shots. OJ MAYO? are you kidding me? i guess anyone could average 20 points agame when they take 30 shots a game. yeah, your real intelligent.

lmao, anyone can average 17 points on a **** team but a real star can average 20 plus on a **** team, thats the difference between mayo n rose, they both on **** teams but mayo is taking advantage n putting up big numbers to try to make his team better

n ya, tony is averaging 21 n 6 on a possible championship team so how can u compare him with rose whose no where near the playoffs n is having eric snow numbers

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:21 PM

derrick rose is a rookie for one and would be averaging 20 if he took more shots like parker does and this bs the spurs were off to the worst record is true, but they were on that pace when ginoboli got injured, NOT PARKER. when parker got injured it didnt make any difference, but when ginoboli came back was when they started winning. you'd probably rather have famar or fisher over rose wouldnt you?

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 02:22 PM

Well Rose hasn't dropped 55 on anyone. Yes he is a true point guard and not a scoring point like Parker. But if the Bulls were better, say like they were three seasons ago, Rose would only be playing backup minutes to Hinrich. The only numbers he's putting up are what his teammates are giving away. He'll be good, really good, but Tony Parker he is not.

KillerB
01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
pure ignorance....tony parker is a top 5 point guard period...i mean i know he's in a small market but how many championships does he have to win to get respect? Well that is a mute point because any true knowledgeable basketball fan already considers him to be a great player...elite is a term for the cream of the crop and there are only about 2 or 3 players who are "elite" Lebron, Kobe, and maybe d-wade...you can't through that term around like every guy who averages 20 points is elite...as for pg's he is the best finisher at the rim out of all of them as for distributing the ball he could be better and point guards aren't normally 3 point threats thats not there job its getting to the hole and setting up teammates and by the way his jumper is just as good as all your big names that get to much credit...if he played in NY or LA or Boston he'd get more pub...but as it is he gets respect from everyone who knows baskeball

bartlett2266
01-19-2009, 02:26 PM
3 rings thats y nuff said

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Oh, and for the record, OJ Mayo's taken 638 shots in 39 games, or 16 shots/game. 20ppg on 16 shots is incredibly efficient, especially for a rookie, and nowhere near the 30/game you claim he takes. Are you watching games outside of Chicago? No one seems to agree with you.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:31 PM
3 rings thats y nuff said

i guess if thats the case then derek fisher is an elite point guard cause he three rings and has been to 5 nba finals. ron harper is a hall a famer because he has three rings. oh and lets not forget bj armstrong. so if we are judging by championships then fisher is the best point guard in the nba right now then, lmao i mean come on!!!!

weebs
01-19-2009, 02:32 PM
wades style is so much different. wade plays alot like jordan did, im not saying he plays as good as mj but wade has one of the most consistent mid range jumpers. parker doesnt. how many spurs games do you watch?

and theres an argument that he led the league in points in the paint. yeah i guess he would if duncan was there along with the rest of the great teams hes played on to take the pressure off of him and other teams dont focus on him. i just honestly dont think he is all that. the spurs didnt lose a step when he was injured so that should tell you right there that he's not that good cause if he was then the spurs would of been losing games when he was out.

Parker has a very good mid-range jump shot. I might ask how many spurs games YOU are watching.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:34 PM
lmao, anyone can average 17 points on a **** team but a real star can average 20 plus on a **** team, thats the difference between mayo n rose, they both on **** teams but mayo is taking advantage n putting up big numbers to try to make his team better

n ya, tony is averaging 21 n 6 on a possible championship team so how can u compare him with rose whose no where near the playoffs n is having eric snow numbers

eric snow? that has to be one of the most ridiculous comparisons i have ever heard in my life. Rose is a rookie point guard. GET IT? ROOOOOKIE...... mayo is a shooting guard. as we all know point guard is harder to do. point guards arnt suppose to score alot. a true point guard shows it in his assists and like i said if his team would knock down shots he would be averaging 11 assists agame, but they arnt. the grizzlies have rudy gay, marc gasol, conoley, hakimm warrick, and they still cant win and rudy gas is a 20 point scorer and you just contradicted yourself when you said anyone could average 17 on a s*itty team, that is exactly what mayo is DOING!!!!!!!

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 02:34 PM

First off its clear why Bulls fans have suspect reputations on this forum.

ITS B/C OF THREADS LIKE THIS!!!!!!:mad:

You need to put down the cup, and take a step away from the Derrick Rose punch bowl.

Seriously were you around for the Jordan years, or were you an infant during his second comeback????? you Bulls fans should know a stud guard when you see one on the basketball court:eyebrow:

First off Tony Parker is an elite PG, one of the best in the game period.

20.0 ppg 6.6 ast 0.8 stl 3.0 reb .506 fg% 80.2 ft%

He's a big reason why the Spurs are the Spurs. He doesn't shoot threes, but is one of the best midrange shooters in the game. He's one of the best penetrators in the game, he's a great passer and pick and roll PG. He's clutch, gets to the foul line, and hits his foul shots.

He's one if the hardest players to guard in the game b/c he's so good at taking people off the dribble.

i believe if he played on a team that doesnt have as many good players through the years since he has been there he would be another nba journey man.

I believe your lost in terms of anything NBA related when you make comments like this.

If he was on a bad team, he could put up 25 a night easy.

but when a team if focusing on duncan, ginoboli, finley, and so on its easy for someone to get open or score much easier

Now do you really think teams are still focusing on Michael Finley anymore?honestly? do you really think they go Duncan...Ginobili...MICHAEL FINLEY please don't hurt us!!?!! now your just insulting Tony b/c you obv don't like him...I hope this isn't about Eva?

Parker is arguably the second best player on that team in my opinion, b/c he's a full time starter unlike Ginobili and plays the hardest position on the court, PG...although Manu is the Xfactor to them being a championship team year in and year out.

You say he has the worst shooting % of three's of any guard, he's up there, but he doesn't shoot many. He does however, have one of the best FG % of any guard in the league who plays 30 plus minutes.

Tony Parker is a champion and a big part of the Spurs success every year. You need to invest in NBA league Pass or something...get a clue.

Name some1 that can guard Tony Parker effectively?, I dare you to, He may not be able to guard them, but I assure you they're not gonna keep him out of the paint or off the foul line.

Young2Kinsler
01-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Parker is an above average defender, and great and slicing through the paint. The best thing about parker is you can shade an entire mexican family with his eyebrows.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:36 PM
Parker has a very good mid-range jump shot. I might ask how many spurs games YOU are watching.

i dont think 39 percent outside the paint is very consistant. do you?

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:37 PM
The best thing about parker is you can shade an entire mexican family with his eyebrows.

lmao...... oh WOW that was funny

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 02:40 PM
i guess if thats the case then derek fisher is an elite point guard cause he three rings and has been to 5 nba finals. ron harper is a hall a famer because he has three rings. oh and lets not forget bj armstrong. so if we are judging by championships then fisher is the best point guard in the nba right now then, lmao i mean come on!!!!

Go look at Derek Fishers stat lines from the post season and the finals, I love Fish, but I assure the numbers won't be better than Parkers.

Parker is clearly better than Fish, Harper, and BJ...you wanna try again there buddy?

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:43 PM
First off its clear why Bulls fans have suspect reputations on this forum.

ITS B/C OF THREADS LIKE THIS!!!!!!:mad:

You need to put down the cup, and take a step away from the Derrick Rose punch bowl.

Seriously were you around for the Jordan years, or were you an infant during his second comeback????? you Bulls fans should know a stud guard when you see one on the basketball court:eyebrow:

First off Tony Parker is an elite PG, one of the best in the game period.

20.0 ppg 6.6 ast 0.8 stl 3.0 reb .506 fg% 80.2 ft%

He's a big reason why the Spurs are the Spurs. He doesn't shoot threes, but is one of the best midrange shooters in the game. He's one of the best penetrators in the game, he's a great passer and pick and roll PG. He's clutch, gets to the foul line, and hits his foul shots.

He's one if the hardest players to guard in the game b/c he's so good at taking people off the dribble.

I believe your lost in terms of anything NBA related when you make comments like this.

If he was on a bad team, he could put up 25 a night easy.

Now do you really think teams are still focusing on Michael Finley anymore?honestly? do you really think they go Duncan...Ginobili...MICHAEL FINLEY please don't hurt us!!?!! now your just insulting Tony b/c you obv don't like him...I hope this isn't about Eva?

Parker is arguably the second best player on that team in my opinion, b/c he's a full time starter unlike Ginobili and plays the hardest position on the court, PG...although Manu is the Xfactor to them being a championship team year in and year out.

You say he has the worst shooting % of three's of any guard, he's up there, but he doesn't shoot many. He does however, have one of the best FG % of any guard in the league who plays 30 plus minutes.

Tony Parker is a champion and a big part of the Spurs success every year. You need to invest in NBA league Pass or something...get a clue.

Name some1 that can guard Tony Parker effectively?, I dare you to, He may not be able to guard them, but I assure you they're not gonna keep him out of the paint or off the foul line.

who says bulls fans dont get no respect in here? because we think derrick rose is great? he is great. he plays good defense for a rookie, ask andre miller that question. he can score, deron williams already called him the fastest player in the nba. he has good court vision. oh and yeah, his jumper isnt that bad for point guard in his first year. and when i said about finley and all of that, i mean the last two or three years and if you think parker is more valuable then ginoboli then go look at the stats when it comes down to it. when ginoboli doesnt play, the spurs lose. ginoboli is the x factor and it doesnt matter if hes starting or not. he could easily start, but he is better when hes comming off the bench. i really cant believe you just said parker has a bigger impact then ginoboli. the spurs can live without parker, they cant live without ginoboli.

JordansBulls
01-19-2009, 02:43 PM

Parker became great as a result of having Duncan around.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:44 PM
Go look at Derek Fishers stat lines from the post season and the finals, I love Fish, but I assure the numbers won't be better than Parkers.

Parker is clearly better than Fish, Harper, and BJ...you wanna try again there buddy?

im not saying they are better...... did you not read what i said? i said if everyone wants to put this on championships then fisher is better because he has three and has been to 5 nba finals. its called sarcasm.

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
eric snow? that has to be one of the most ridiculous comparisons i have ever heard in my life. Rose is a rookie point guard. GET IT? ROOOOOKIE...... mayo is a shooting guard. as we all know point guard is harder to do. point guards arnt suppose to score alot. a true point guard shows it in his assists and like i said if his team would knock down shots he would be averaging 11 assists agame, but they arnt. the grizzlies have rudy gay, marc gasol, conoley, hakimm warrick, and they still cant win and rudy gas is a 20 point scorer and you just contradicted yourself when you said anyone could average 17 on a s*itty team, that is exactly what mayo is DOING!!!!!!!

I mean, are you supposed to win with theses guys??? If you think that, I am gonna once again question your NBA knowledge...like every1 else is doing rite now.

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 02:49 PM
pure ignorance....tony parker is a top 5 point guard period...i mean i know he's in a small market but how many championships does he have to win to get respect? Well that is a mute point because any true knowledgeable basketball fan already considers him to be a great player...elite is a term for the cream of the crop and there are only about 2 or 3 players who are "elite" Lebron, Kobe, and maybe d-wade...you can't through that term around like every guy who averages 20 points is elite...as for pg's he is the best finisher at the rim out of all of them as for distributing the ball he could be better and point guards aren't normally 3 point threats thats not there job its getting to the hole and setting up teammates and by the way his jumper is just as good as all your big names that get to much credit...if he played in NY or LA or Boston he'd get more pub...but as it is he gets respect from everyone who knows baskeball

Exactly:clap:

dre1990
01-19-2009, 02:50 PM
parker = top 10 PG

:nod::nod:

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:50 PM
I mean, are you supposed to win with theses guys??? If you think that, I am gonna once again question your NBA knowledge...like every1 else is doing rite now.
you seriously arnt reading what im writing are you? my point is that list of players, in my opinion as a bulls fan is probably better then our core. well maybe not better but no better then our core. rudy gay alone is a better talent then anyone thats on the bulls squad. READ BEFORE YOU TALK. i dont care if anyone questions my knowledge about the nba. i watch enough of it and have been a fan long enough to know when someone is good or riding someone else coat tails. like parker has been doing duncans. most people just look at stats and say he is good, but stats dont tell everything. if your an nba fan, you should know that by now

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 02:53 PM
The Spurs can't succeed for any long period of time without any of the big 3. They contribute something like 60% of San Antonio's points. Someone like Roger Mason may step up from time to time, but the reason they can't succeed without Ginobili is because they don't have anyone who can cover his skill set, even for a couple of games.

This thread is about Parker, not Rose. Parker is top10, probably top5 in the league at his position. He is a major contributor on a very good team. If he was on a mediocre team he'd be putting up monster numbers.

I'm the one who brought up Rose, and I did it for a reason. He's a good player on a bad team, and he's putting up good numbers. Parker is a good player on a good team, and he's still putting up numbers. Is it really that easy to get monster numbers on a defensive team with two other really good players? Is that why Boston's big 3 all posted statistical lows in their championship year? It's hard to argue that being on a bad team inflates your numbers (like you said with Mayo), but being on a good team also inflates your numbers (like you said with Parker). Maybe he's just better than you give him credit for.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 02:53 PM
all i did was give my opinion of what i think. i dont think parkers a top 5 point guard, but if you feel differently thats your opinion. thats why i made this thread, to ask peoples opinions of what they thought. god some people take this stuff too seriously like some people are talking s*it about their families or something.

madiaz3
01-19-2009, 02:55 PM

hes never been a finals mvp

bartlett2266
01-19-2009, 02:56 PM

were any off those guys key contributers to their team winning? Obivously Ron Harper and bj doesnt count playing with jordan. Fisher hit a buzzer beater besides that not a key contributer (such as Parker). Were any of those guys Finals MVP like Parker?
You dont know basketball if u dont think this guy is a great player. Numbers and stats dont mean a thing when it comes to winning just ask Iverson about that. WATCH THE GAMES BEFORE YOU SPEAK

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 03:03 PM
all i did was give my opinion of what i think. i dont think parkers a top 5 point guard, but if you feel differently thats your opinion. thats why i made this thread, to ask peoples opinions of what they thought. god some people take this stuff too seriously like some people are talking s*it about their families or something.

I think people are getting nasty because you're saying things like:

"lmfao...... 55? that was against minnesota for one. for two yeah id rather have derrick rose. that guy is a TRUE POINT GUARD and would be averaging 10 or 11 assists per a game if his team mates would hit the f*cking shots. OJ MAYO? are you kidding me? i guess anyone could average 20 points agame when they take 30 shots a game. yeah, your real intelligent. "

You can't go insulting people and not expect them to insult you back....and it's YOU'RE real intelligent, not your....if you're going to insult someone's intelligence, at least get the grammar right...

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 03:08 PM
I think people are getting nasty because you're saying things like:

You can't go insulting people and not expect them to insult you back....and it's YOU'RE real intelligent, not your....if you're going to insult someone's intelligence, at least get the grammar right...

oh i dont care how nasty people are getting, people are entitles to their opinion and i welcome it or i wouldnt of created the thread. i just find it kind of odd how passionate people are getting over a subject when i just said that i dont think hes that great, but i wanted to know other peoples opinions. its not like i said tony parkers sucks and left it at that and gave no reason.

weebs
01-19-2009, 03:08 PM
i dont think 39 percent outside the paint is very consistant. do you?

he's 43% on 2 point jump shots. around top 30-35 in the league. clearly, terrible. :eyebrow:

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 03:09 PM
NEVER LIKED THE DUDE OR GINOBILI; always said i coudl beat him one on one; i have a similiar game im a driver not a shooter i play good D; i never respected dude never will always find people who say he is elite just plain stupid; ya say im stupid cuz i say i could beat im but w/e this dude sucks

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 03:11 PM
NEVER LIKED THE DUDE OR GINOBILI; always said i coudl beat him one on one; i have a similiar game im a driver not a shooter i play good D; i never respected dude never will always find people who say he is elite just plain stupid; ya say im stupid cuz i say i could beat im but w/e this dude sucks

And you've been in the NBA how long?

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
oh i dont care how nasty people are getting, people are entitles to their opinion and i welcome it or i wouldnt of created the thread. i just find it kind of odd how passionate people are getting over a subject when i just said that i dont think hes that great, but i wanted to know other peoples opinions. its not like i said tony parkers sucks and left it at that and gave no reason.

Just sayin' man, you go talking smack about people's intelligence, then they're not talking about the issues anymore they're attack you. The thread started out relatively calm, and most people were posting stats and intelligent arguements. It degenerated because people, not just you, don't know how to say, "I don't agree with you" without saying, "MAN YOU'RE AN IDIOT BLAH BLAH BLAH". Thread's pretty much degenerated into a bunch of bashing, problem time to close it.

bartlett2266

lol ur funny not stupid

but lakers yanks titans what kind of bangwagon jumper r u

madiaz3

As long as you're not trying to argue that Rose IS a top 5 PG and/or ahead of Parker, your opinion is not one people will go crazy arguing about.

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
who says bulls fans dont get no respect in here? because we think derrick rose is great? he is great. he plays good defense for a rookie, ask andre miller that question. he can score, deron williams already called him the fastest player in the nba. he has good court vision. oh and yeah, his jumper isnt that bad for point guard in his first year. and when i said about finley and all of that, i mean the last two or three years and if you think parker is more valuable then ginoboli then go look at the stats when it comes down to it. when ginoboli doesnt play, the spurs lose. ginoboli is the x factor and it doesnt matter if hes starting or not. he could easily start, but he is better when hes comming off the bench. i really cant believe you just said parker has a bigger impact then ginoboli. the spurs can live without parker, they cant live without ginoboli.

Is this thread about Derrick Rose cuz I thought it was about Tony P? If you don't know, Bulls fans do have a sus-pect rep, just ask around...but its not b/c of your love of Rose, but lets face it, you guys are like Philly fans were when they drafted A.I. gassed up a bit, I get it.

Back to Parker, look at the spurs record without Parker, I'm sure its not great either, he missed alot of games this season as well. He plays more minutes than Ginobili, and has the ball in his hands more. Also if you look at the stats, he is the more consistant player. Ginobili may very well be the better player overall, but on this team Parker is just as importnat.

The Spurs can't live without either of them.

Seriously, you don't really have a grasp on Tony Parkers value, thats a fact you prob won't admit in here, but seriously, you are looking at him as is if he's some avg type player on a good team.

Parkers play thus far in his career, is probrobly one of the biggest reasons the Spurs stayed at an elite level after Avery Johnson and David Robinson retired.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 03:22 PM
lol ur funny not stupid

but lakers yanks titans what kind of bangwagon jumper r u

ya your right man i am a bandjwagon jumper; i jumped on the titans bandwagon in 99 when they entered the league, jumped on the lakers bandwagon in 97, and jumped on the yankees bandwagon in 98....your d@mn right i am a mutha freaking bandwagon jumper....and im 23 but ur absolutely right.....im sorry for still liking the same teams in their heyday, after liking them when they were down.

dawgsfan_45
01-19-2009, 03:23 PM

Eye knowz cuz u are l33t!

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 03:27 PM
Eye knowz cuz u are l33t!

wtf does l33t mean :confused:

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 03:29 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Why isn't this thread closed yet? ;)

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 03:30 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Why isn't this thread closed yet? ;)

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

bartlett2266
01-19-2009, 03:31 PM
ya your right man i am a bandjwagon jumper; i jumped on the titans bandwagon in 99 when they entered the league, jumped on the lakers bandwagon in 97, and jumped on the yankees bandwagon in 98....your d@mn right i am a mutha freaking bandwagon jumper....and im 23 but ur absolutely right.....im sorry for still liking the same teams in their heyday, after liking them when they were down.

LOL thats fine man its good u can admit it

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 03:33 PM
As long as you're not trying to argue that Rose IS a top 5 PG and/or ahead of Parker, your opinion is not one people will go crazy arguing about.

i dont think parker is bad, but i think he is way overrated. i cant say rose is better because rose has only played a half of a season. id rather have rose on my team then parker because of the potential and also i think rose is a true point guard. i mean theres reasons why you have other stars already talking about rose and wade was so disappointed when the bulls drafted him because he wanted to play with him so badly. i believe in 2010 he will bring alot of interest from star players to the bulls because he is the type of guy players love to play with.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 03:34 PM
LOL thats fine man its good u can admit it

:censored: what an idiot...they should make one in here for you

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 03:35 PM
becuz i was being sarcastic :) about being a bandwagon jumper. somebody close this thread already

skyhibballpj87
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM

I dont agree with that sentence at all, if you look at the stats ever since parker has come back spurs have been on a roll. there 17-6 since parker has come back from injury. So you see the spurs need him to be consistent. you have to watch parker to understand why he is an elite pg. he does have a decent mid-range shot, hes proven that before hes taking more shots as of late and hes played games hurt. Also besides duncan he keeps that team together. parker is one of the few guys who can get to the basket whenever feels like it cause he makes that tear drop consistenly and hes a good passer as well.

when people face the spurs they know Tony Parker is one of the best guys on their you talk it about it like he gets overlooked when teams face him thats y he scores. Thats far from the truth parker has the ablity to get inside whenever he wants and hes a good passer so he always hits the 3pt shooters the spurs such as ginobli, finley, mason, udoka, bonner and other shooters on the team.

Is he more of scoring pg yes but he can dish out 8 to 10 assists when hes off. Parkers also clutch hes usually not that great from the line except this season where hes shooting 80 percent, but he makes shots when counts theres a reason why he was finals mvp. i mean hes averaging 20and 6 this season and hes been hurt thats pretty good if you ask me

You cant compare this guy to fisher just because they have the same amount of rings. Parker has contributed alot more to his rings then fisher did to his. Hence finals mvp. he is shooting 40 percent from the 3pt arc which isnt terrible. and 50 percent from the field. because along with a dencet jumper he gets to the rim alot. His numbers are always consistent, and hes still young hes progressing every year as a scorer and a elite pg.

Hes also a pretty good defensive pg as well thats why he scores alot off the turnovers because he creates them. Hes good at running floor and makes the right decisions in order to score. I saw you say parker doesnt get alot of assists therefore hes not true pg. In this case your wrong, Spurs are a passing team, they move the ball around the perimeter well and get alot of team assists. So parker may not get the assist but hes responsible alot for making the first pass that turns into a second or third pass in finding the open man.
Yes hes no chris paul, hes no deron williams, but parker has a playing style of his own. Yes hes a shoot first pg but hes also a good passer and on any given night he can up big assist numbers and even if you put him on another team i think he makes the team better because hes a good decision maker and doesnt crack under pressure.

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 03:39 PM
Parker became great as a result of having Duncan around.

What, Spurs player hasn't benefited from playing with Duncan?

Frankly, what NBA guard hasn't benefited playing with a dominant big man?

Parker is one of the greatest players Duncan's ever had along with him, Tony makes things much easier for Timmy on the court as well.

DocUSN
01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
I know what is the deal with TP, I mean they just give away that finals MVP trophy now a days

Joshtd1
01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
I would love to debate about this, as a Spurs fan and being able to see him play every single game. However it seems people have already said what I would say. He is a great playmaker, great finisher at the rim, his midrange jumper is very very good. Hell his defense isnt even bad either, Id say its somewhat above average.

His weaknesses though are the fact that he over dribbles, and takes some stupid shots and stupid times. Another would be he drives to the lane with his head down, and wants to try a layup or floater instead of passing to a wide open guy on the perimeter

Mile High Champ
01-19-2009, 03:43 PM
parker is incredible, He is a very unique pg that always puts the team first instead of himself, rare for players in todays game.

jayl1377
01-19-2009, 03:46 PM
Well Rose hasn't dropped 55 on anyone. Yes he is a true point guard and not a scoring point like Parker. But if the Bulls were better, say like they were three seasons ago, Rose would only be playing backup minutes to Hinrich. The only numbers he's putting up are what his teammates are giving away. He'll be good, really good, but Tony Parker he is not.

let the kid play more than half a season before you complain he hasnt dropped 55 on anybody...tony parker has done it once, big deal..rose is a younger, faster, smarter version of tony parker. He has a pass first mentality which is what i would want out of my point guard instead of a chukker...as far as OJ Mayo for ROY? kind off too early to tell, most people could put up 20 a game playing for the grizz, only other player who can score is gay and they are both putting up 30 shots a game...Rose definetly has the brighter future and is going to be a star pg for the next decade. IMO

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 03:48 PM
im not saying they are better...... did you not read what i said? i said if everyone wants to put this on championships then fisher is better because he has three and has been to 5 nba finals. its called sarcasm.

Its not about the sarcasm dude, but Parker wasn't just along for the ride, like your making it seem...neither was Fisher. The point is, don't compare players who's careers aren't comparable, and don't make comments like the one about about Fishers championships, b/c they don't make any sense within the context of the discussion.

You were being sarcastic to make a point, and you failed.

mlisica19
01-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Tony Parker is a structured PG, who in my books is a top 5 PG in the league. Yes i think hes overrated but his awards and stats dont lie on how talented he really is.

Joshtd1
01-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Another thing about the people saying TP is more of a scoring guard then a true PG. Yes, its that way because Pop wants him to be agressive. Spurs dont exactly need a true PG, with Duncan getting the ball in the post and having most of the offense go through there.

If TP was on a team without a a real big low post threat, he would average atleast 8 APG.

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
let the kid play more than half a season before you complain he hasnt dropped 55 on anybody...tony parker has done it once, big deal..rose is a younger, faster, smarter version of tony parker. He has a pass first mentality which is what i would want out of my point guard instead of a chukker...as far as OJ Mayo for ROY? kind off too early to tell, most people could put up 20 a game playing for the grizz, only other player who can score is gay and they are both putting up 30 shots a game...Rose definetly has the brighter future and is going to be a star pg for the next decade. IMO

I wasn't complaining, you're jumping in on the tail end of a conversation that's basically already ended. I said Tony Parker dropped 55 this year, he's 20.9ppg and 6.6apg on a contending team. The reason Rose was brought up at all was because people said that Parker would be an average player on a bad team without Duncan or Ginobili. Read the thread. If you had, you'd know that OJ Mayo doesn't take 30 shots a game, he takes 16/game (638 in 39 games). Already said in the thread. And everyone agrees that Rose is the PG of the future, but he's on a bad team and that's why he's getting crazy numbers. If he were on the Bulls three years ago he'd be getting backup minutes to Hinrich. Read the thread, it's all there.

ee
01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
I've seen Parker against the Nets in the finals.....He's an elite PG.....forget the stats, the PG position isn't about the stats.....he does make his team better.....I know having Duncan in the team might make him seem like he isn't but he still the floor general and compliment Duncan really well.....I like how harris is looking more and more like a version of Parker.....

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
you seriously arnt reading what im writing are you? my point is that list of players, in my opinion as a bulls fan is probably better then our core. well maybe not better but no better then our core. rudy gay alone is a better talent then anyone thats on the bulls squad. READ BEFORE YOU TALK. i dont care if anyone questions my knowledge about the nba. i watch enough of it and have been a fan long enough to know when someone is good or riding someone else coat tails. like parker has been doing duncans. most people just look at stats and say he is good, but stats dont tell everything. if your an nba fan, you should know that by now

Sadly, I have been reading all the crapolla you've been writing in this thread that should have never came to pass.

you seriously arnt

"Arnt" throw an "E" after the "R" an ' after the "N" and Viola!!!! Aren't...

Get to know it.;)

I think The Bulls have a better core THAT PLAYS DEFENSE, shoot they've been playing together for what feels like 5 freakin years now:rolleyes: they should be better than the Bulls. Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Noch, Gooden, and Rose...that core's pretty good.

I think you need to THINK B4 YOU WRITE, and I also think (based on this thread and your posts) you have no clue about who's good or not.

But one things for sure, as a Bulls fan growing up, you should at the very least have a perfect grasp on the type of players that ride peoples coat tails:rolleyes:

This thread is joke, you obviously just wanted to have 20-30 people own you on MLK day. Great Success!

Joshtd1
01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Guys stay on topic, otherwise the thread will be closed

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 04:17 PM

Imagine what they would say about your game?

im a driver not a shooter, I play good D

I bet you are:rolleyes:

:Laugh:

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 04:23 PM
Imagine what they would say about your game?

I bet you are:rolleyes:

:Laugh:

senior year division 1 ball highschool
24.6 ppg 12 apg 2.4 spg 1.3 bpg
division 3 ball college fresh and sophomore year combined
18 ppg 8apg 1.8 spg 0.9 bpg
so ya i play a little

Fear_GAS_OLDier
6' 3'' 215 point guard btw

D Roses Bulls
Sadly, I have been reading all the crapolla you've been writing in this thread that should have never came to pass.

"Arnt" throw an "E" after the "R" an ' after the "N" and Viola!!!! Aren't...

Get to know it.;)

I think The Bulls have a better core THAT PLAYS DEFENSE, shoot they've been playing together for what feels like 5 freakin years now:rolleyes: they should be better than the Bulls. Hinrich, Gordon, Deng, Noch, Gooden, and Rose...that core's pretty good.

I think you need to THINK B4 YOU WRITE, and I also think (based on this thread and your posts) you have no clue about who's good or not.

But one things for sure, as a Bulls fan growing up, you should at the very least have a perfect grasp on the type of players that ride peoples coat tails:rolleyes:

This thread is joke, you obviously just wanted to have 20-30 people own you on MLK day. Great Success!

its come down to correcting my grammar? wow..... yeah alot of people rode jordans coat tail. my point exactly. one good example. but im not even going to respond to you no more cause you really just are trying to get a rise out of me, but seriously if that makes you feel better then go ahead. i stand by my opinion on tony parker.

MrBloop
I dont agree with that sentence at all, if you look at the stats ever since parker has come back spurs have been on a roll. there 17-6 since parker has come back from injury. So you see the spurs need him to be consistent. you have to watch parker to understand why he is an elite pg. he does have a decent mid-range shot, hes proven that before hes taking more shots as of late and hes played games hurt. Also besides duncan he keeps that team together. parker is one of the few guys who can get to the basket whenever feels like it cause he makes that tear drop consistenly and hes a good passer as well.

when people face the spurs they know Tony Parker is one of the best guys on their you talk it about it like he gets overlooked when teams face him thats y he scores. Thats far from the truth parker has the ablity to get inside whenever he wants and hes a good passer so he always hits the 3pt shooters the spurs such as ginobli, finley, mason, udoka, bonner and other shooters on the team.

Is he more of scoring pg yes but he can dish out 8 to 10 assists when hes off. Parkers also clutch hes usually not that great from the line except this season where hes shooting 80 percent, but he makes shots when counts theres a reason why he was finals mvp. i mean hes averaging 20and 6 this season and hes been hurt thats pretty good if you ask me

You cant compare this guy to fisher just because they have the same amount of rings. Parker has contributed alot more to his rings then fisher did to his. Hence finals mvp. he is shooting 40 percent from the 3pt arc which isnt terrible. and 50 percent from the field. because along with a dencet jumper he gets to the rim alot. His numbers are always consistent, and hes still young hes progressing every year as a scorer and a elite pg.

Hes also a pretty good defensive pg as well thats why he scores alot off the turnovers because he creates them. Hes good at running floor and makes the right decisions in order to score. I saw you say parker doesnt get alot of assists therefore hes not true pg. In this case your wrong, Spurs are a passing team, they move the ball around the perimeter well and get alot of team assists. So parker may not get the assist but hes responsible alot for making the first pass that turns into a second or third pass in finding the open man.
Yes hes no chris paul, hes no deron williams, but parker has a playing style of his own. Yes hes a shoot first pg but hes also a good passer and on any given night he can up big assist numbers and even if you put him on another team i think he makes the team better because hes a good decision maker and doesnt crack under pressure.

Well put, I think there's an echo in the room lol, but don't waste your time with this one, its just not gonna sink in, he has a vendetta against Tony P.

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 04:31 PM
Another thing about the people saying TP is more of a scoring guard then a true PG. Yes, its that way because Pop wants him to be agressive. Spurs dont exactly need a true PG, with Duncan getting the ball in the post and having most of the offense go through there.

If TP was on a team without a a real big low post threat, he would average atleast 8 APG.

I think he's a perfect balance out there, he scores within the offense and he can freelance, he also distributes the ball effectively without becoming just a passer out on the court. He's one of the best PG's who fit that mold.

CP3
Nash
Deron
Baron
Parker/Billups (pick em')

In that order...I'm sure I'm missing some1 tho.

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 04:37 PM
so ya i play a little

Dude post footage, seriously I wanna see your game. Parker's been a pro since 97, he was 15 playing in european leagues according to his bio. He's an 11 year pro, and you haven't played a pro game against top tier athletes. You're also 35lbs heavier than him and only an inch taller. I don't see how you'd keep up with Parker, you're giving up a lot of quickness.

ugadawgsfan17
01-19-2009, 04:38 PM
so ya i play a little

Oh yeah? Check out my stats

24.7 ppg 12.1 apg 2.5 spg 1.4 bpg

18.1 ppg 8.1 apg 1.9 spg 1 bpg

bartlett2266
01-19-2009, 04:39 PM
so ya i play a little

lol ya ur funny man

polk high scored 4 TDs in one game

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 04:40 PM
I think he's a perfect balance out there, he scores within the offense and he can freelance, he also distributes the ball effectively without becoming just a passer out on the court. He's one of the best PG's who fit that mold.

CP3
Nash
Deron
Baron
Parker/Billups (pick em')
In that order...I'm sure I'm missing some1 tho.

maybe not anymore but what about j kidd and joe johnson plays a little point

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Oh yeah? Check out my stats

24.7 ppg 12.1 apg 2.5 spg 1.4 bpg

18.1 ppg 8.1 apg 1.9 spg 1 bpg

your an idiot and your a georgia dawgs fan which makes u even stupider; go gators have fun without stafford and moreno

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
so ya i play a little

I played in highschool against Elton Brand and Wally Z in NY, Division 3 ball in College in PA (made the NCAA tournament in 99' Alvernia College), but you don't see me in here making outlandish claims about being able to beat D-leaguers, let alone NBA allstars 1 on 1.

You do play a little, I can see that, and I'm happy for you, but NBA players play ALOT, and you couldn't beat the coach of the Chicago Bulls let alone any1 on the Spurs roster.

Yes...Vinny D would bust that azz.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
lol ya ur funny man

polk high scored 4 TDs in one game

wtf man i dont get this; so becuz i post in a thread forum that means i cant play basketball that means i didnt put up good numbers you guys are a bunch of effing morons; i'd kick any of your @sses on the court; junior year coming up i'm going to UF and i know i do not have the skills to play there so my college ball career is over but i guarantee i'd kill any of you on the court; you guys are just stupid man.

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 04:46 PM
wtf man i dont get this; so becuz i post in a thread forum that means i cant play basketball that means i didnt put up good numbers you guys are a bunch of effing morons; i'd kick any of your @sses on the court; junior year coming up i'm going to UF and i know i do not have the skills to play there so my college ball career is over but i guarantee i'd kill any of you on the court; you guys are just stupid man.

Most of us don't get off our couches, man. :smoking:

Seriously though, footage?

SpaceCadet
01-19-2009, 04:46 PM
the dude is a blur and scores is always up there with points in the paint

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 04:48 PM
ya my claim to beat parker is outlandish i wont lie; i just think the dude sucks; nothing wrong with that duncan is what holds the spurs together im a laker fan, but that has nothing to do with my hate for the spurs backcourt.

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 04:48 PM
Dude post footage, seriously I wanna see your game. Parker's been a pro since 97, he was 15 playing in european leagues according to his bio. He's an 11 year pro, and you haven't played a pro game against top tier athletes. You're also 35lbs heavier than him and only an inch taller. I don't see how you'd keep up with Parker, you're giving up a lot of quickness.

He couldn't even handle Candace Parker.

Not Smush Parker (who I grew up playing with) Smush would've gave it to you when he was 13 like he was the 20 year olds in my neighborhood.

Not Anthony Parker

Not Parker Lewis

Not Sarah Jessica Parker in heels.

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 04:50 PM

Wait, I'm not knocking your skills man, but if you don't think you can play ball at UF, why do you think you can take Tony Parker? You're a sophomore, what 20 years old? He's been a pro baller for over half your life. He's 35lbs lighter than you. He plays 82 regular season games plus another 14-20 post season games a year. You play what, 30? He plays against the best, most athletic basketball players in the world, you play division 3.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
Most of us don't get off our couches, man. :smoking:

Seriously though, footage?

my mom was never too smart with a camera so i'd have to ask a ex teammate i'm sure i can come across some i live 3 hours from home but i will post footage i'm sure some teammates have some stuff but probably will be focused on them but i'll be in it.

anything my mom had was lost in her house fire, but i'll be back and post

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 04:53 PM
Wait, I'm not knocking your skills man, but if you don't think you can play ball at UF, why do you think you can take Tony Parker? You're a sophomore, what 20 years old? He's been a pro baller for over half your life. He's 35lbs lighter than you. He plays 82 regular season games plus another 14-20 post season games a year. You play what, 30? He plays against the best, most athletic basketball players in the world, you play division 3.

junior and 23; i will definitely try out for florida no doubt but like i said early on, i dont have a decent enuf jump shot to play for florida im a slasher and passer comparisons all my life to jason williams in his heyday jkidd nash for my passing skills no look passes passes thru spots that aren't open yet but will be and it goes thru, but im a slasher and passer not a shooter which is why i know i wont make the florida team.

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
junior and 23; i will definitely try out for florida no doubt but like i said early on, i dont have a decent enuf jump shot to play for florida im a slasher and passer comparisons all my life to jason williams in his heyday jkidd nash for my passing skills no look passes passes thru spots that aren't open yet but will be and it goes thru, but im a slasher and passer not a shooter which is why i know i wont make the florida team.

Dude, if you're good, don't go to UF, so somewhere with a system for a passing PG. It's not like the Jason Kidd's and Jason Williams' of the world don't make it to the NBA. If you do make it, I can brag that I was ragging you on a message board back in the day :cool:

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
maybe not anymore but what about j kidd and joe johnson plays a little point

J Kidd has no offensive game worth mentioning in that group, and Joe Johnson plays with Bibby.

If I put Joe Johnson in that group, I gotta put Steven Jackson, Kobe Bryant, Dwayne Wade, Hedo Turkgolu, and Lebron James in that group, b/c they all play point from time to time during a game.

I see your point, and your not wrong about Johnson, but I was specifically talking about PG's who juggle PG and scoring duties effectively.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 04:59 PM
Dude, if you're good, don't go to UF, so somewhere with a system for a passing PG. It's not like the Jason Kidd's and Jason Williams' of the world don't make it to the NBA. If you do make it, I can brag that I was ragging you on a message board back in the day :cool:

basketball is the love of my life....truth is tho i'm going to medical school GOD willing and i made a deal with my mom i get my bachelors at florida she will pay for me to go to ucla for my masters and doctorate and its been a childhood dream of mine to live in florida since my uncle told me about beaches and snowboarding within hours of each other and well florida is one of the top medical schools and i have to go to an in-state college even more so becuz its a family tradition. :(

IndyRealist
01-19-2009, 05:09 PM
Danny Granger has a civil engineering degree. Do it. DO IT. DO IT! Heh. Seriously good luck man.

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 05:13 PM
my mom was never too smart with a camera so i'd have to ask a ex teammate i'm sure i can come across some i live 3 hours from home but i will post footage i'm sure some teammates have some stuff but probably will be focused on them but i'll be in it.

anything my mom had was lost in her house fire, but i'll be back and post

Way to throw Mom dukes under the bus.;) lol

My mom can't use an Ipod.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 05:18 PM
cellphones, email, text messages, etc mom cant do it lol

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 05:19 PM
Way to throw Mom dukes under the bus.;) lol

My mom can't use an Ipod.

who honestly cares. i mean i believe the guy if he says he plays. and you played with smush parker? oh and also as well why i said all of this about tony parker is because i know him, i started playing ball with him and his two brother tj who played for north western and is now playing over seas and pierre parker. i went to school with tj and pierre and played on the team. so i mean im not close with tony or anything, but i respect his brothers but i still dont htink hes all that especially playing with him first hand. and lay off dude, i bet he did play college ball and averaged those.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Danny Granger has a civil engineering degree. Do it. DO IT. DO IT! Heh. Seriously good luck man.

thanks man and when i said comparison to jkidd u guys said he has no offensive game i was talking about his passing i know he has no offense. i'll upload videos when i come across any. might be a bit hard tho senior year was 03 last year of college ball was 06 taken 2 years off to try and get ready for med school. gonna be a b!tch lol.

Fear_GAS_OLDier
01-19-2009, 05:27 PM
but hey for reals if any of you guys come down to volusia county in florida message me on here and we can get together and ball

bartlett2266
01-19-2009, 05:43 PM
i hit 15 HRs in slow pitch last year i think i may be better then jeter

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 05:47 PM
who honestly cares. i mean i believe the guy if he says he plays. and you played with smush parker? oh and also as well why i said all of this about tony parker is because i know him, i started playing ball with him and his two brother tj who played for north western and is now playing over seas and pierre parker. i went to school with tj and pierre and played on the team. so i mean im not close with tony or anything, but i respect his brothers but i still dont htink hes all that especially playing with him first hand. and lay off dude, i bet he did play college ball and averaged those.

Whatever dude, its not that I don't believe your "Parker Family" story, its just that I'm sick of hearing you talk about sports.

I don't think you've made one good point since you got in here.

OK killer, I'll lay off dude, only b/c you said so :rolleyes:

...yeah you need to make friends in here with the crap you write.

MrBloop
01-19-2009, 05:50 PM
but hey for reals if any of you guys come down to volusia county in florida message me on here and we can get together and ball

Will do, that goes for me to, if any1 wants to ball, I live on 43rd street in Manhattan, There's a park or a gym every 5 blocks.

D Roses Bulls
01-19-2009, 05:52 PM
Whatever dude, its not that I don't believe your "Parker Family" story, its just that I'm sick of hearing you talk about sports.

I don't think you've made one good point since you got in here.

OK killer, I'll lay off dude, only b/c you said so :rolleyes:

...yeah you need to make friends in here with the crap you write.

dont believe me, no biggie. both his brothers went to lisle senior with me. they all came out here a year before tony got drafted beside tony who only visited, but its all good. you love to keep commin into this thread though dont you? your life must be that pathetic where you commin in tryna ride other people. get a girl, make love to her. maybe you wouldnt be so up tight then.

Hawkeye15
01-19-2009, 07:15 PM
when did this turn into a Parker vs whomever debate? The question was, is he a star, or a product of landing on the Spurs? He is a top level finisher, good midrange shooter, and an above average defender. If he played for a team like the Bulls, he would average 25 ppg, easily. With the no hand check rule, players like him do way more than they did years ago. If this were 1994, then he would be average, at best.

codes238
01-19-2009, 10:43 PM

whats the big deal about tony parker!? he's been the starting point guard and second best player on 3 championship teams, he's been an NBA finals MVP, he averages 20 points and 6 assists on 50% shooting, he's the third best point guard in all of NBA, he's only 26 years old and there is a good chance he'll be a hall-of-famer when its all said and done.