PDA

View Full Version : marcus camby? anyone

mitchkubacki
01-18-2009, 07:50 PM
i hear every one talking about using wally for gerald wallace but we have enough shooters and his defense is not so overwhelming to bring him in for that. i think marcus camby even though he is getting older would be make much more of a presence for this team inside with his rebounding skills and he can shoot the ball. team him up with z/andy/ben and we will be quite dominant inside.thoughts?

mockj12
01-18-2009, 08:42 PM
naa. we need youth. I mean don't get me wrong, he's a beast and would help us out. But he's getting old. We need young talent in the PF/C area. I just read that New York might be willing to part ways with David Lee. If we could make a deal with them for him, I think we'd be unstoppable.

mitchkubacki
01-18-2009, 10:20 PM
fo sho fo sho just curious to any other ideas besides gerald wallace

reb422
01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
I think we DO NEED Marcus Camby. Big Time! This guy is averaging 12 points, 13 rebounds and almost 3 blocks a game. That is ridiculous. Who cares how old he is when he's putting up that kind of a line? AND he only has 2 more years on his contract so that makes him even more desirable because that will come off the payroll when that big 2010 free agent market comes around. This is a no brainer!

qrich
01-19-2009, 05:14 AM
Yeah, you guys don't have the pieces to get Marcus. Wally is garbage, and we have a designated shooter already at a fraction of the contract in Steve Novak. Only thing you guys have thats really attractive would probably be Delonte. Maybe Mo if we deal Baron :D.

enabring
01-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Yeah, you guys don't have the pieces to get Marcus. Wally is garbage, and we have a designated shooter already at a fraction of the contract in Steve Novak. Only thing you guys have thats really attractive would probably be Delonte. Maybe Mo if we deal Baron :D.

I have said this in other threads on this forum; When Wally is mentioned for trading it's not the player being mentioned, it's his contract. Wally is being paid $13 M this year and most anyone who trades for him would have that coming off of the books next year. I don't really think this is enough to get Camby but it is by no means garbage.

mitchkubacki
01-19-2009, 09:35 AM
:clap:
I have said this in other threads on this forum; When Wally is mentioned for trading it's not the player being mentioned, it's his contract. Wally is being paid $13 M this year and most anyone who trades for him would have that coming off of the books next year. I don't really think this is enough to get Camby but it is by no means garbage.

i agree :clap:

qrich
01-19-2009, 02:40 PM

Might not be garbage to a team trying to cut salary, but it is certainly garbage for the Clippers. We have no need for an expiring contract since we most likely won't get under the cap far enough to ink someone, and if we do, there really isn't anyone realistic we could get that would help the team enough.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
01-19-2009, 08:08 PM
I don't think it'll happen.

CavsYanksDuke
01-20-2009, 12:45 AM
I wish this trade would happen after watching Bynum tear us up.

reb422
01-20-2009, 02:09 AM
I second that point that we're not trading Wally to be a good player for another team... we're trading a big hunk of money to come off of someone's books next year. That is VERY valuable. And how could anyone think the Clippers dont need that? Have you seen their record lately? I'd be wanting to rebuild ASAP and you cant do that without cap space. And I also agree that Camby looks even more desirable now that Bynum and Gasol just tore us up in the paint. Nobody on our team could even slow them down. Make it happen D-Ferry.

qrich
01-20-2009, 02:30 AM
I second that point that we're not trading Wally to be a good player for another team... we're trading a big hunk of money to come off of someone's books next year. That is VERY valuable. And how could anyone think the Clippers dont need that? Have you seen their record lately? I'd be wanting to rebuild ASAP and you cant do that without cap space. And I also agree that Camby looks even more desirable now that Bynum and Gasol just tore us up in the paint. Nobody on our team could even slow them down. Make it happen D-Ferry.
I easily could because this team hasn't been healthy, be it trying to form a coup against the coach, or they are just hurt.

If you want Camby, it better be Wally + West + First, anything less is a big fat hell no.

CavsYanksDuke
01-20-2009, 12:52 PM
Wally + West + 1st? Are you kidding me? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

BKcavs
01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
"If you want Camby, it better be Wally + West + First, anything less is a big fat hell no."

Are you the Clips' GM now?

x45x
01-20-2009, 02:06 PM
wally + west + 1st? Are you kidding me? That's the dumbest thing i've ever heard.

+1

qrich
01-20-2009, 02:59 PM
Wally + West + 1st? Are you kidding me? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

No, dumbest would be Wally being anything but trash for the Clippers.

Camby is second in the league in rebounds, second in blocks, first in defensive rebounds, ninth in offensive rebounds, seventh in double-doubles, second in blocks-per-foul.

You got to give, to get.

monster_mash
01-22-2009, 01:56 PM
and what did the clippers trade to denver for camby? a 10 million dollar exemption?

mitchkubacki
01-23-2009, 01:55 PM
yea you are right hes so valuable to you guys. hey without him you guys would probabaly not be considered contenders in the west anymore. oh wait you never were!

garlicboy
01-23-2009, 02:12 PM
Camby has value, have to give up young player/draft pick.

Cavs get: Corey Maggette, Marcus Williams, Marcus Camby, Chiekh Samb
Clips get: Eric Snow(expiring), Brandan Wright
Dubs get: Wally (expiring), 2009 Cavs 1st round pick(28th), 2011 1st round pick.

CavsYanksDuke
01-23-2009, 03:00 PM
Garlicboy, could you have a bigger hardon for this trade you keep spouting about?

garlicboy
01-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Garlicboy, could you have a bigger hardon for this trade you keep spouting about?

I get that a lot on the Dubs forum. I just think that a Maggette is a really good player, but...

PG: Jamal Crawford
SG: Monta Ellis------Morrow(best 3 pt shooter in the league)
SF: Stephen Jackson----Buike
PF: Anthony Randolph if Maggette is gone
C: Andris Biedrins

This squad is the Fast and the Furious again with Monta back and Jamal at PG, also have the best 3 pt shooter in the league with Morrow... I can't wait until next year.

infamous
01-23-2009, 03:09 PM
I don't want to trade for Camby, because the Clips might ask for too much in return. Remember the Clippers got Camby for less (for a second pick, etc.) from Denver. And I don't want the Clips screwing us with this one. If this deal pull through, then the Clippers will benefit the most.

garlicboy
01-23-2009, 03:45 PM
If Camby is not available, a 2nd rounder or Darnell Jackson for Joe Smith or Wilcox may work out.

Camby is what you need, but I hear the Clips want to hold onto him.

prodigy
01-23-2009, 03:57 PM
The cavs are NOT buliding for the futher, they are buliding for this season. So yes I would love to get camby. He seems like a very possible guy to get.

Plus wally is getting alot of Playing time. Yes some of it has to do with the west injury, but sasha, gibson can play the 2 also. So I think they are showcasing him alittle.

I also feel its better to get something done fast. So all the guys can have more time to gel before the playoffs.

prodigy
01-23-2009, 04:03 PM
No, dumbest would be Wally being anything but trash for the Clippers.

Camby is second in the league in rebounds, second in blocks, first in defensive rebounds, ninth in offensive rebounds, seventh in double-doubles, second in blocks-per-foul.

You got to give, to get.

not when we are giving them a 13mill expiring and a 1st round pick. camby is old with a big contract. Don't think your going to get anything more then an expiring and a 1st round pick in the 20's from ANYONE. If clips don't like it then they can keep him.

garlicboy
01-23-2009, 04:31 PM
not when we are giving them a 13mill expiring and a 1st round pick. camby is old with a big contract. Don't think your going to get anything more then an expiring and a 1st round pick in the 20's from ANYONE. If clips don't like it then they can keep him.

Actually Wally forces them to take back $3 million in salary and saves the Cavs $6 million overall. Perhaps if you give them Eric Snow, or you guys also take back more salary. $3 million is not chump change. You can buy a 1st round pick for a couple million.