PDA

View Full Version : wake forest's jeff teague

the keefster
01-18-2009, 11:14 AM
there's an article on scout.com about which college guard you'd pick right now to build your nba franchise around (i'll put the link at the bottom). the article mentions the likes of ty lawson, stephen curry, jeff teague, jodie meeks, james harden, and so on...

my pick if jeff teague. the kid has the heart of a lion, gets to the hoop whenever he wants, and is developing into a sick passer. he can take over a game whenever he feels like it and plays with a chip on his shoulder. i don't think he is the second coming of cp3 out of wake forest because they play different style games, but teague's game reminds me a lot of baron davis.

thoughts, comments, opinions on who you would pick?

link: http://collegebasketball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=901199

td0tsfinest
01-18-2009, 11:22 AM
I like James Harden but the truth is I wouldn't build my franchise around those guys. They would have key roles but I don't think they have superstar potential.

the keefster
01-18-2009, 11:33 AM
that's how i feel about curry. i think he is another jj redick--great college player, but he doesn't have the complete skill set to translate to the pros. in reality, i would probably start my franchise around a special type of wing player or a forward, but this article just got me thinking about the guards so yeah..

harden is legit tho. i saw that game yesterday and he pretty much took over and gave it 110%.

blackjack_119
01-18-2009, 11:43 AM
None of those guy's are talented enough to build a team around, but the best PG prospect in the draft is Jrue Holiday from UCLA. Excellent defender, solid shooter, great size and quick.

the keefster
01-18-2009, 11:49 AM
harden is going to be a franchise player. he'll put on some muscle and be a name that we hear for a long time. he's like a young, mini lebron james imo. obviously he's not at that level yet, but i could see him being big time in a few years.

Ragun
01-18-2009, 11:50 AM
that's how i feel about curry. i think he is another jj redick--great college player, but he doesn't have the complete skill set to translate to the pros. in reality, i would probably start my franchise around a special type of wing player or a forward, but this article just got me thinking about the guards so yeah..

harden is legit tho. i saw that game yesterday and he pretty much took over and gave it 110%.

agreed and he is shorter and skinnier then reddick.

IndyRealist
01-18-2009, 03:56 PM
harden is going to be a franchise player. he'll put on some muscle and be a name that we hear for a long time. he's like a young, mini lebron james imo. obviously he's not at that level yet, but i could see him being big time in a few years.

Haven't seen him play so I couldn't tell you, but isn't Lebron's biggest asset his freakish size? He's an inch shorter and 10lb lighter than Karl Malone. Being a mini lebron without the muscle mass isn't conducive to being a franchise player.

op12
01-18-2009, 05:44 PM
teague is the next randolph childress. not a franchise player. he is a score 1st guard and i dont think he will be a good sg in the league.