PDA

View Full Version : I think Boldin is traded this off-season

-Juice-
01-17-2009, 05:47 PM
I think the Panther game proved the Cardinals do not need him and Breaston is good enough to be a 2nd WR in the league, with Doucet filling in the 3rd WR spot. Whether the Cardinals trade him for another player (Peppers, Suggs) or trade him for a draft pick(s) I do think he is gone.

He just isn't worth the money. He gets hurt every single year and cannot stay healthy. Hell, he is in the NFC Championship game and it doesn't seem like he is having fun.

If the Cardinals can improve the defense by getting rid of Boldin, then I am all for it.

EaglesRuleWorld
01-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Lito Sheppard and a second rounder?

.Sean.
01-17-2009, 06:46 PM
This years first rounder (28 I believe)

Final offer

:p

KiNgSuNs1
01-17-2009, 08:02 PM
man he is excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! we are way better if we have him ......unlees we get multiple people and picks than i dont wanna trade him.....winning solves everything and i beleive alot of ppl will calm down about contracts..............

-Juice-
01-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Lito Sheppard and a second rounder?

1) Lito Sheppard sucks.

2) LOL at a 2nd Rounder

3) Only for Asante Samuel

HOZ THE KNICK
01-17-2009, 08:06 PM
cardinals would be crazy to break him and larry up

THE_SWAMI
01-18-2009, 05:40 PM
Boldin is the forgotten man, he has been great before Fitzgerald came but doesnt get the respect for some reason, from the fans and the organization the Cardinals dont wanna pay him but someone will.

Muttman73
01-18-2009, 09:17 PM
It didn't look to good for him fighting on the sideline with your "O" coordinator...trade him while he has value

Ramon Nivar
01-18-2009, 09:19 PM
He still has value on the team... Although this off-season would be a good time to trade him if we ever were.

Afridi786
01-18-2009, 09:32 PM
Hester and a 2nd.

AirJordanXVIII
01-19-2009, 01:06 AM
^^ I'd do that...

Lito + Reggie Brown + 1st rounder?

Dark Donnie
01-19-2009, 01:14 AM
Anquan Boldin is a *******
by Mike Freeman
CBS Sports Community

He tried to ruin the Super Bowl celebration with his childishness.
In the game, Boldin got into a heated argument with offensive coordinator Todd Haley. After the game, instead of celebrating with his team, Boldin abruptly left the field, then abruptly left the locker room.
It was awful behavior.
Quarterback Kurt Warner also got into an argument with Haley during the game but you didn't see Warner acting like a petulant child afterwards. He celebrated with his teammates and enjoyed the moment.
I have to say in nearly 20 years of doing this, I've never seen a player more concerned about his arguing with a coach over making a Super Bowl.
What Boldin did almost never happens.
Congratulations on making history, Anquan.
http://mike-freeman.blogs.cbssports....64363/13040597

yboord028
01-19-2009, 01:15 AM
Yeah saw that, He really is truly a ******* for doing that and I agree with Freeman.

DamnGoat
01-19-2009, 01:18 AM
Hester and a 2nd.
That's a stupid move by the Bears. Boldin is great, but the point of acquiring a stud WR is to pair him with Hester.

Either way the Cardinals are going to get a lot for him. He's a great player.

-Juice-
01-19-2009, 01:37 AM
Suggs and a 4th for Boldin PLEASE!

IndiansFan337
01-19-2009, 01:46 AM
I don't think that they are going to make any changes this offseason because they will fall into the category where they don't want to "mess with their chemistry". Similar to that of the 2008 version of the TB Rays. And then the next year will come around, reality will strike, and they won't be as good. Then they will regret not making any moves to improve the club during the offseason.

PurpleJesus
01-19-2009, 01:56 AM
Boldin is a beast, why dont you guys like him?

Dark Donnie
01-19-2009, 02:27 AM

Suggs has more value then Boldin

Also I've seen multiple "Sign ____" threads....I thought you guys were close to the cap last year?

borat
01-19-2009, 07:03 AM
2009 first rounder and Lito Sheppard.

Take it please? :laugh:

hornitosmonster
01-19-2009, 12:34 PM
And so it begins...Headline: Cardinals' Boldin bolts out back door...
(http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs2008/news/story?id=3843834)

Your going to have your two weeks of going through this. The Cowboys deal with it ever day (it being the overzealous media).

davekrieg lives
01-19-2009, 01:00 PM
I think the Panther game proved the Cardinals do not need him and Breaston is good enough to be a 2nd WR in the league, with Doucet filling in the 3rd WR spot. Whether the Cardinals trade him for another player (Peppers, Suggs) or trade him for a draft pick(s) I do think he is gone.

He just isn't worth the money. He gets hurt every single year and cannot stay healthy. Hell, he is in the NFC Championship game and it doesn't seem like he is having fun.

If the Cardinals can improve the defense by getting rid of Boldin, then I am all for it.

Both peppers and suggs are free-agents....we cant trade boldin for a player that the team doesnot own the rights too

davekrieg lives
01-19-2009, 01:05 PM
lets examine this purposed idea?...remember when the giants won teh superbowl last year without the help of one jeremy shocky well the giants thought he wasnt nessesary for tehm to repeat and they subsequently traded him...well bad move as teh giants were ousted by the eagles primarily because tehy lacked a big time pass-catching playmaker.......

Hed my warning fellow cards fans we own boldin's rights for another 3 years we can keep paying him 4 mill and if he wants to play in the NFL he's going to have to man up and honor teh contract he signed......we will need Boldin next year and after he is too good/physical for us to replace.....we'll build our d up more through draft and free agents .......we cant make the mistakes of former winning teams

KEEP BOLDIN!!!!!

davekrieg lives
01-19-2009, 01:11 PM
That's a stupid move by the Bears. Boldin is great, but the point of acquiring a stud WR is to pair him with Hester.

Stupid Move????? are you serious first my cards would never make such bad trade Hester has proven that he is not a legitimate receiver and has completely declined in the return game....he's not even fielding kick-offs anyone Danial Manning is.......Hester is worthless and a 2nd roudner is an insult in it's self maybe Forte and a 1st rounder

jcreading
01-19-2009, 01:25 PM
You people make me laugh. If boldin gets traded you will be lucky to get a 2nd round pick. Look over people who have been traded Jason Taylor, Randy Moss and there are more and no one gave a first rounder for these guys. He is a great player but has injury problems.

davekrieg lives
01-19-2009, 02:02 PM
You people make me laugh. If boldin gets traded you will be lucky to get a 2nd round pick. Look over people who have been traded Jason Taylor, Randy Moss and there are more and no one gave a first rounder for these guys. He is a great player but has injury problems.

u are so misguided all those players stocks were at an all-time low when they were traded moss in oakland Taylor opted for dancing instead of football conditioning.......Boldin is rarely hurt besides the monster facial fracture he suffered tehn 3 weeks later came back from {pure guts} and teh hamstrig that he pulled after running 76 yds for a TD.....shocky got trade in the offseason after he was hurt and teh giants were compensated a 1st rounder and a 4th so dont sit there and pretend you know what your talking about....because its obvious that you dont

Dark Donnie
01-19-2009, 02:28 PM
u are so misguided all those players stocks were at an all-time low when they were traded moss in oakland Taylor opted for dancing instead of football conditioning.......Boldin is rarely hurt besides the monster facial fracture he suffered tehn 3 weeks later came back from {pure guts} and teh hamstrig that he pulled after running 76 yds for a TD.....shocky got trade in the offseason after he was hurt and teh giants were compensated a 1st rounder and a 4th so dont sit there and pretend you know what your talking about....because its obvious that you dont

Actually Boldin has a history of being injured...he's only played 16 games twice in 6 seasons....only playing in 12 the last two. Couple that with the fact he wants a new contract, and his recent antics....he's not going to get a return of a first round pick.

Stupid Move????? are you serious first my cards would never make such bad trade Hester has proven that he is not a legitimate receiver and has completely declined in the return game....he's not even fielding kick-offs anyone Danial Manning is.......Hester is worthless and a 2nd roudner is an insult in it's self maybe Forte and a 1st rounder

lmao

weeman323
01-19-2009, 02:28 PM
Nnamdi for Boldin and a draft pick

davekrieg lives
01-19-2009, 03:25 PM
Actually Boldin has a history of being injured...he's only played 16 games twice in 6 seasons....only playing in 12 the last two. Couple that with the fact he wants a new contract, and his recent antics....he's not going to get a return of a first round pick.

lmao

bro ur team blew it you must accept that.....u talked all that smack and now look at you back where u belong losing the nfc championship way to go eagles

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM
2008 Arizona Cardinals 12 11 89 1,038 11.7 79T 11 9 67 7.4 30 0 4 3
2007 Arizona Cardinals 12 11 71 853 12.0 44T 9 1 14 14.0 14 0 2 1
2006 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 83 1,203 14.5 64 4 5 28 5.6 18 0 1 0
2005 Arizona Cardinals 14 14 102 1,402 13.7 54T 7 12 45 3.8 11 0 2 1
2004 Arizona Cardinals 10 9 56 623 11.1 31T 1 1 3 3.0 3 0 1 1
2003 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 101 1,377 13.6 71T 8 5 40 8.0 23 0 3 3
TOTAL 502 6,496 12.9 79 40 33 197 6.0 30 0 13 9

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

those are the stats there tough stuff, all receivers get hurt but boldin constantly persevers, 16 games in 6 years ill take that any day of the week with his production, how is shockey {especially after his injury} worth a first round pick and Boldin not worth as much or more.....look if teh bears want boldin its goin to cost them forte and a first we'll give up boldin and james

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Juice-
01-19-2009, 03:37 PM

Didn't Roy Williams just get traded for a 1st, 3rd, AND 6th? Q is much better than Roy Williams.

OMG! Nmadi on the Cards! He is a FA though and probably will be tagged and traded.

hawksnation101
01-19-2009, 03:49 PM
Give him to the seahawks for a towl boy if your puttin him on the block!

Dark Donnie
01-19-2009, 04:04 PM
bro ur team blew it you must accept that.....u talked all that smack and now look at you back where u belong losing the nfc championship way to go eagles

G GS Rec Yds Avg Lng TD Att Yds Avg Lng TD FUM
2008 Arizona Cardinals 12 11 89 1,038 11.7 79T 11 9 67 7.4 30 0 4 3
2007 Arizona Cardinals 12 11 71 853 12.0 44T 9 1 14 14.0 14 0 2 1
2006 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 83 1,203 14.5 64 4 5 28 5.6 18 0 1 0
2005 Arizona Cardinals 14 14 102 1,402 13.7 54T 7 12 45 3.8 11 0 2 1
2004 Arizona Cardinals 10 9 56 623 11.1 31T 1 1 3 3.0 3 0 1 1
2003 Arizona Cardinals 16 16 101 1,377 13.6 71T 8 5 40 8.0 23 0 3 3
TOTAL 502 6,496 12.9 79 40 33 197 6.0 30 0 13 9

those are the stats there tough stuff, all receivers get hurt but boldin constantly persevers, 16 games in 6 years ill take that any day of the week with his production, how is shockey {especially after his injury} worth a first round pick and Boldin not worth as much or more.....look if teh bears want boldin its goin to cost them forte and a first we'll give up boldin and james

lmao your pathetic....my post said nothing about the game haha.

Also your not in the front office, therefore you nor I know what it's gonna cost to get Boldin. Any knowledgeable football fan will tell you that Forte and a first is worth alot more then Boldin.

Missing 16 games in 6 years is alot

davekrieg lives
01-19-2009, 04:08 PM
bitter pathetic eagles fans.....u should'nt even be posting today just holding down ur head in shame......WE BEAT U

giants9689
01-19-2009, 08:51 PM
lets examine this purposed idea?...remember when the giants won teh superbowl last year without the help of one jeremy shocky well the giants thought he wasnt nessesary for tehm to repeat and they subsequently traded him...well bad move as teh giants were ousted by the eagles primarily because tehy lacked a big time pass-catching playmaker.......

Hed my warning fellow cards fans we own boldin's rights for another 3 years we can keep paying him 4 mill and if he wants to play in the NFL he's going to have to man up and honor teh contract he signed......we will need Boldin next year and after he is too good/physical for us to replace.....we'll build our d up more through draft and free agents .......we cant make the mistakes of former winning teams

KEEP BOLDIN!!!!!

the giants lost because of horrible play calling frm their oc and them lacking burress not shockey.. kevin boss put up much better numbers then shockey and kept his mouth shut the entire season.. not to mention boss had the most reception tds on the giants..

TheRedMarauder
01-21-2009, 04:06 PM
ESPN's John Clayton believes that Anquan Boldin is mentally "growing apart" from the Cardinals' organization.

Last offseason's contract dispute and the playoff sideline blowup could cause the Cardinals to seriously consider dealing Q. Steve Breaston is ready to start and Boldin's style of play will always make him susceptible to injury. That said, it doesn't pay to give up on a talented team leader who will only be 29 next season. The better solution would be to work out a new deal for him.

rotoworld

phila_gorilla
01-22-2009, 09:55 AM
Didn't Roy Williams just get traded for a 1st, 3rd, AND 6th? Q is much better than Roy Williams.

Why yes he did get traded for a 1st, 3rd and 6th and we all see how that worked out for Dallass. I doubt any team will make that mistake when trading for Quan.

In my opinion. Roy Williams is grossly overrated.

GGGGG-Men
01-22-2009, 05:21 PM
Pleeeeeease send Boldin to the Giants. Pleeeeeease. Even IF Plax comes back...

Eli needs a target that doesn't have hands coated with Wesson Corn Oil.

Good luck Cardinals fans...I'll be pullin for ya!

TheRedMarauder
01-25-2009, 06:30 PM
ESPN's Chris Mortensen believes that the Cardinals will listen to trade offers for Anquan Boldin this offseason.

Boldin would be the hottest name on the trade market and could probably bring back a first-round pick. Mortensen points out that Arizona is stocked up on receivers and can afford to trade Boldin if a "reasonable offer" comes along. The Cards could go with Steve Breaston opposite Larry Fitzgerald next season, with Early Doucet and Jerheme Urban battling for third receiver duty.

rotoworld

AZCardsFan
01-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Prediction: Boldin wins Super Bowl MVP

steelcityroller
01-25-2009, 10:39 PM
I don't think that they are going to make any changes this offseason because they will fall into the category where they don't want to "mess with their chemistry". Similar to that of the 2008 version of the TB Rays. And then the next year will come around, reality will strike, and they won't be as good. Then they will regret not making any moves to improve the club during the offseason.

Your probably right. They will try to keep this together as they will see this as a window.

Yep because Anquan Boldin is close to retirement and a cancer to his teammates right? I think they would at least get a 1st rounder for Boldin.

Roy Williams to Dallas - 1st, 3rd and 6th in 2009

Wes Welker to New England - 2nd and 7th rounders

Chad Johnson - The Redskins offered the Bengals two 1st rounders last year

Chris Chambers to San Diego - 2nd rounder

Joey Galloway to Dallas - two 1st round picks

Deion Branch to Seattle - 1st round pick

Boldin is better than all those guys.

fightwookies
01-25-2009, 11:29 PM
a bunch of you make me laugh. demanding players and picks for for a malcontent #2 receiver. if some team was dumb enough to offer a first round pick, you'd have to take it. but the fact is that boldin is under contract for two more very affordable years, and the cards will do everything in their power to force him to play it out

AZCardsFan
01-25-2009, 11:41 PM
a bunch of you make me laugh. demanding players and picks for for a malcontent #2 receiver. if some team was dumb enough to offer a first round pick, you'd have to take it. but the fact is that boldin is under contract for two more very affordable years, and the cards will do everything in their power to force him to play it out

Ummm on most teams he is not a #2 receiver. He is starting in the pro bowl, it just so happens the other guy thats starting is on the same team.

hornitosmonster
01-26-2009, 12:45 PM
1. Warner was fighting with the same Coach and he gets a pass..
2. Boldin will be traded this year..not if..will be..or he holds out. He has already stated this much
3. Arizona is going to regret not having Boldin. Breaston can be covered with one person...freeing up D's to double Fitz...Watch...they are going to regret burning this bridge (Cards with Boldin)

TheRedMarauder
01-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Cardinals GM Rod Graves says he plans to meet with Anquan Boldin after the season in an attempt to mend fences.

Graves can meet with Boldin all he wants, but to actually please the disgruntled receiver he's going to have to pay up. And Boldin probably won't want much less than what Larry Fitzgerald got ($40 million over four years).

rotoworld

imprintmatt
01-28-2009, 08:25 PM
bitter pathetic eagles fans.....u should'nt even be posting today just holding down ur head in shame......WE BEAT U

Wow your team has a miraculous season, gets lucky in a game which 8 times out of 10 they wouldve lost and you have the nerve to discount the fact that the Eagles have had a ton of success over the last 8 years.

Your Cardinals, if in fact you are actually a faithful Cardinals fan (which the succession of your threads show you have no clue about football so you probably jumped on the bandwagon in the last few weeks...) hosted their 1st playoff game since 1947... maybe you should choose your words wisely.

Boldin is a good player and I would gladly take him, but anything more then a 2nd and someone like Lito who would instantly become the best player in the Cardinals secondary would be stupid.

Look at the Cowgirls for instance they went and made a ridiculous offer for Roy Williams who has done nothing but a whole lot of suck for them... most teams are not as stupid as the Cowgirls and Jerry Jones.

So good luck in the superbowl and just treasure the fact that your team is in the dance. Otherwise just do yourself and everyone else on here a favor and shut the ---- up!!! Because your pointless, misguided, idiotic statements have done nothing but make everyone on hear just a little dumber!

DESERTDWELLER
01-29-2009, 10:28 AM

You're right DG, that would be stupid.

Dude, I live in the Valley and have seen a TON of stupid moves made by the Cards, that's what they do best. LOL

I do hope the Cards win the SB, but come on, it's the AZ Cards, first time to the SB. Don't get to high on them.

I have seen more people this past 3 weeks become "die-hard" Card fans, makes me laugh, alot of them don't even know who Walter Payton and Jim Brown are or anyone else great that has retired.

Cut us a break, DAVEKRIEG LIVES, stop talking so much crap, it's apparent you don't know much of anything.

Chest Rockwell
01-29-2009, 03:19 PM
Do you guys think that Boldin is one of the best WRs in the league when healthy? I'm having an argument with someone in the NFL Draft forum and he thinks that he's nowhere close to Moss, Smith, Marshall, Chad Johnson, Wayne, Braylon. Am I crazy or is that a really stupid thing to say. Braylon Edwards?! Am I overvalueing him?

Chest Rockwell
01-29-2009, 03:22 PM
Wow your team has a miraculous season, gets lucky in a game which 8 times out of 10 they wouldve lost and you have the nerve to discount the fact that the Eagles have had a ton of success over the last 8 years.

Your Cardinals, if in fact you are actually a faithful Cardinals fan (which the succession of your threads show you have no clue about football so you probably jumped on the bandwagon in the last few weeks...) hosted their 1st playoff game since 1947... maybe you should choose your words wisely.

Boldin is a good player and I would gladly take him, but anything more then a 2nd and someone like Lito who would instantly become the best player in the Cardinals secondary would be stupid.

Look at the Cowgirls for instance they went and made a ridiculous offer for Roy Williams who has done nothing but a whole lot of suck for them... most teams are not as stupid as the Cowgirls and Jerry Jones.

So good luck in the superbowl and just treasure the fact that your team is in the dance. Otherwise just do yourself and everyone else on here a favor and shut the ---- up!!! Because your pointless, misguided, idiotic statements have done nothing but make everyone on hear just a little dumber!

Are you mental?! Ever watch football? Ever heard of someone named Adrian Wilson? Lito is garbage, he's probably not even better than DRC. Ridiculous.

irvin&prime
01-29-2009, 11:28 PM

we'll give u t.o.

tommy100000
01-30-2009, 11:07 PM
suggs and nnamdi are free agents who cannot be tagged because they were last year. I would trade Boldin for Briggs and a 3rd rounder. I don't see them trading him for a corner because DRC's potential is unlimited and Hood is solid.

rawz
02-03-2009, 03:33 AM
suggs and nnamdi are free agents who cannot be tagged because they were last year. I would trade Boldin for Briggs and a 3rd rounder. I don't see them trading him for a corner because DRC's potential is unlimited and Hood is solid.

A player can be tagged as many times as a team wants. Some teams make an agreement with players and tell them they will not tag them again to make them happy(like titan DT) nnamdi can be tagged again.

Ok, we'll give you TO, roy williams the safety, and a 3rd.

ok, what the heck, and well throw in sam hurd

chadillachembre
02-03-2009, 12:22 PM
Boldin's value has gone down considerably the last month or more. The guy cant stay healthy for jack and the way he acted when we went to the super bowl killed him. teams will still want him and will offer a pretty penny but the money he wanted isnt there any more. im hoping and believing that this run that came up short will make every one want to be back and make a better run for it. they say winning cures everything...

rawz
02-04-2009, 12:38 AM
I think that if dallas gave a 1 and a 3 for williams, you guys could do the same.

Gnac76
02-04-2009, 12:16 PM
John clayon on espn radio yesterday said most likely the price will be a first rounder and a third and he believes the eagles most likely, followed by the giants, cud get him.

krazytaz312
02-04-2009, 03:54 PM
Boldin is a gamer and gives you everything he has, at least when he is on the field. Not sure about the sidelines or off the field. Having said that, I would still like to see Boldin stay, but Breston did a good job for the team and if a trade will strengthen our defense, then I am all for it.