PDA

View Full Version : Least favorite college basketball team outside of your conference

mkool65
01-17-2009, 04:33 PM
I was watching the Duke/ Georgetown game and could not get over how much I hate Duke. I hate all the bandwagon fans and also players like Singler, Paulus and Scheyer (sp?). As a Michigan State fan I hate Michigan more than any other team for any sport, but outside of the Big Ten Duke is easily my least favorite. So there is the question, who is the least favorite college basketball team outside of your favorite team's conference? (Sorry if there has already been a thread about this, I checked a little and didn't see any)

LivingThroughMe
01-17-2009, 04:55 PM
I also hate Duke for the same reasons you stated. The announcers always swinging off their nuts and all the bandwagon fans everywhere.

In conference, obviously, I hate Indiana. Other than Indiana, though, I pretty much like the rest of the Big 10 teams. I'll always root for them in the tournament.

sacgiants1213
01-17-2009, 05:00 PM
i obviously hate UNC the most, but the team i hate the most outside of the acc is UCLA.

cubfan23
01-17-2009, 05:16 PM
Duke, Dickey V always on their nuts or UNC's its ridiculous.

sdweston757
01-17-2009, 05:52 PM
in conference: unc/md
out of conference: pittsburgh

JHG722
01-17-2009, 06:49 PM
Penn State
Boston College
Duke
Miami
FSU
Drexel
Penn
Northeastern

cubfan23
01-17-2009, 06:55 PM
I also hate Duke for the same reasons you stated. The announcers always swinging off their nuts and all the bandwagon fans everywhere.

In conference, obviously, I hate Indiana. Other than Indiana, though, I pretty much like the rest of the Big 10 teams. I'll always root for them in the tournament.

ya i agree, except i also hate Michigan to with Indy. Purdue is my 4th fav in the big 10 behind Northwestern only because they are closer to me and Michigan State because I like Tom Izzo and hes just a class act guy.

metsbulls1025
01-17-2009, 08:54 PM
I am a CT fan so...

In - Pitt ( Just because I don't like playing them )

Out - UNC ( I live in NC and just can't stand ACC sports in General )

cambovenzi
01-18-2009, 05:52 AM
ofcourse in the ACC its UNC, outside its probably, idk, michigan state.
or overrated big east teams.

I was watching the Duke/ Georgetown game and could not get over how much I hate Duke. I hate all the bandwagon fans and also players like Singler, Paulus and Scheyer (sp?). As a Michigan State fan I hate Michigan more than any other team for any sport, but outside of the Big Ten Duke is easily my least favorite. So there is the question, who is the least favorite college basketball team outside of your favorite team's conference? (Sorry if there has already been a thread about this, I checked a little and didn't see any)

very sorry we romped all over you.;)
dont have to :cry: about it tho.

Wake's Fastball
01-18-2009, 12:05 PM
In conference it's clearly UNC (ACC) and Georgetown (Big East).

I don't think there's a single Big Ten team that I like in the least bit. Wisconsin comes close, but that's about it.

Chest Rockwell
01-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Outside of the conference I dont care. Every year its another team for a different reason. This year it's OSU, because they're so overrated and Mullens is just garbage. Talking about Duke with bandwagon fans? I don't know about anyone else but I'm always seeing people wear UNC gear who have nothing to do with or any affiliation whatsoever with the university.

LivingThroughMe
01-18-2009, 04:40 PM
Outside of the conference I dont care. Every year its another team for a different reason. This year it's OSU, because they're so overrated and Mullens is just garbage. Talking about Duke with bandwagon fans? I don't know about anyone else but I'm always seeing people wear UNC gear who have nothing to do with or any affiliation whatsoever with the university.

I also hate UNC. Hows that?

qrich
01-18-2009, 10:27 PM
Duke and UNC just becuase how much media love they get.
Texas because they just seem to own UCLA every damn time.
Florida State for producing Al Thorntons inconsistent ***.

metsfreak
01-19-2009, 03:10 AM
I hate Duke with a passion.

thegreatone08
01-19-2009, 10:31 AM

So when you see someone wearing a NFL jersey of MLB jersey, they must have something to do with that team? It's called fan apperal. Get off the soap box. LETS GO HEELS!!!

Chest Rockwell
01-19-2009, 04:27 PM
So when you see someone wearing a NFL jersey of MLB jersey, they must have something to do with that team? It's called fan apperal. Get off the soap box. LETS GO HEELS!!!

Yeah, because universities are like pro teams, right? What an ignorant statement throughout. I personally believe that you have to have some affiliation with the team whether it be your hometown, born into it, drawn to a way that a team/player plays or something of the like, not just wow that teams wins alot or everyone is wearing their jerseys, I'll be a fan of theirs. That's BS, I don't respect those types of fans. Fan apparel? How is that even an argument? Just keep telling yourself that you're not hopping on any bandwagons, you'll believe it one day.

thegreatone08
01-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Having a favorite team doesn't change whether it is college or pro. I'm not sayin there aren't bandwagon fans, cuz I'm a HUGE Carolina fan and I can't stand seeing bandwagon Tar Heel fans. And how am I jumpin on their bandwagon? I am a CAROLINA fan not just a Carolina basketball fan. Get facts straight before you start talkin.

Wake's Fastball
01-19-2009, 06:31 PM
Yeah, because universities are like pro teams, right? What an ignorant statement throughout. I personally believe that you have to have some affiliation with the team whether it be your hometown, born into it, drawn to a way that a team/player plays or something of the like, not just wow that teams wins alot or everyone is wearing their jerseys, I'll be a fan of theirs. That's BS, I don't respect those types of fans. Fan apparel? How is that even an argument? Just keep telling yourself that you're not hopping on any bandwagons, you'll believe it one day.

I'm with you on this one, particularly more for college football than anything else. I'll root for Duke, I have since '95, when I started watching college ball, but not to the point where I'm wearing their gear or by any means calling myself a Blue Devil diehard. BC and Providence are easily my two teams and I've got the connections to the two schools to legitimize rooting for them.

thegreatone08
01-19-2009, 06:42 PM
But he is pretty much sayin that it's cool to wear your favorite NFL teams jersey but not ok to wear a shirt of the college team you like cuz you aren't affilated with that team? Doesn't make sense. I consider myself a diehard Tar Heel fan. I don't miss any UNC games, whether it's football or basketball. I live in Delaware yet still make a trip to Chapel Hill every year to see atleast one basketball game and baseball game.

JHG722
01-19-2009, 07:54 PM
Go Blue Hens?

thegreatone08
01-19-2009, 08:01 PM
Go Blue Hens?

Don't forget the Delaware State Hornets, they almost pulled an upset against Duke in the tournament a few years back.

mkool65
01-19-2009, 09:28 PM

:clap::clap::clap:

thegreatone08
01-19-2009, 09:37 PM
you people on here are a joke

mkool65
01-19-2009, 10:46 PM
like a hahah funny joke or a joke about a cripple while a parapalegic is in the room?

JAZZNC
01-19-2009, 11:24 PM
like a hahah funny joke or a joke about a cripple while a parapalegic is in the room?

Way to try and be funny:pity:

And to be on topic, I really don't like Carolina mainly b/c of their fans. They just seem to think that their team is untouchable and make excuses for any loss they have. I've been dealing with that since I was a kid. Probably stemmed from a dick head gym teacher I had. I remember when Wake won their first ACC tournament in a LONG time and he said that Carolina let them have it b/c they hadn't won in so long. What a dumbass. Most NC State fans are retards as well. I remember when Chris Paul was at Wake there were State fans chanting "We killed your grandpa" at a game. Absolutely classless. And people wonder why Paul punched a State player in the nuts. If it were me I'd have done a lot more than that. I really don't hate teams from other conferences b/c there's no rivalry or stupid fans around.

mkool65
01-20-2009, 01:20 AM
Way to have the uncle you have gay incest sex with in your sig picture. balls in your court.

JHG722
01-20-2009, 01:39 AM
Don't forget the Delaware State Hornets, they almost pulled an upset against Duke in the tournament a few years back.

Delaware State is the most ghetto school in the world.

mkool65
01-20-2009, 03:17 AM
haha, I can only imagine it would be.

JAZZNC
01-20-2009, 11:39 AM
Way to have the uncle you have gay incest sex with in your sig picture. balls in your court.

Well, that's me and once again not funny. Nice try though. Balls in your mouth.

mkool65
01-20-2009, 02:41 PM
haha, and you own a computer?! Can you count the number of teeth you have on your fingers? Let me guess, your home state is West Virginia.

thegreatone08
01-20-2009, 03:47 PM
haha, and you own a computer?! Can you count the number of teeth you have on your fingers? Let me guess, your home state is West Virginia.

dude grow up. nobody cares what you have to say

JAZZNC
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Wow, continuing with the redneck assault huh? Very clever. I'll say this I've got two college degrees one of which is from one of the top schools for that particular degree in the entire world, I've never even had a cavity so I've got all my teeth so no I can't count how many I have on my fingers. And no I'm not from West Virginia, I'm from North Carolina but if you had the reading comprehension of a 3yr old you'd have figured that out. I'm certainly smarter than you are b/c I know better than to start a sentence with a non-capitalized word. But hey they probably haven't got that far in your special ed classes yet have they? I'm sure you're still trying to put the square through the circle hole huh?

thegreatone08
01-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Delaware State is the most ghetto school in the world.

I can't aruge that. I had offers to play baseball at both Delaware State and the University of Delaware.

SidTheKid
01-20-2009, 03:58 PM

Not necessary.

thegreatone08
01-20-2009, 04:01 PM
No it's not. I got a warning for calling someone a ******, when really i was called a ******. Yet, this guy is talking about this stuff???

mkool65
01-20-2009, 04:08 PM
Wow, continuing with the redneck assault huh? Very clever. I'll say this I've got two college degrees one of which is from one of the top schools for that particular degree in the entire world, I've never even had a cavity so I've got all my teeth so no I can't count how many I have on my fingers. And no I'm not from West Virginia, I'm from North Carolina but if you had the reading comprehension of a 3yr old you'd have figured that out. I'm certainly smarter than you are b/c I know better than to start a sentence with a non-capitalized word. But hey they probably haven't got that far in your special ed classes yet have they? I'm sure you're still trying to put the square through the circle hole huh?

You are right, this is not necessary. I apologize and I am done with this. My bad man. This was stupid on my part, no excuse but I have kind of just been having one of those weeks. Sorry again.

JHG722
01-20-2009, 04:44 PM

How's Michigan's economy?

mkool65
01-20-2009, 04:58 PM
It's just fine for me. I am a full-time student also working 30 hours/week.

JHG722
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
I didn't ask how it is for you...

Chest Rockwell
01-20-2009, 05:26 PM
No it's not. I got a warning for calling someone a ******, when really i was called a ******. Yet, this guy is talking about this stuff???

God, can you whine anymore? How about everyone relax and get back to the topic on hand.

SidTheKid
01-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Let's just put all that behind us for everyone's sake.

mkool65
01-20-2009, 05:39 PM
done.

thegreatone08
01-20-2009, 10:54 PM
God, can you whine anymore? How about everyone relax and get back to the topic on hand.

Who brought you into this conversation? I was simply making a point. I could care less either way but stuff like that isn't really needed. Thanks for you 2 cents tho, but next time just keep it to yourself.

Chest Rockwell
01-21-2009, 01:19 AM
Who brought me into the conversation?! Lol, you realize this is a forum, right?
:laugh:

Whatever man, I dont want this thread to get side-tracked more than it already has.

thegreatone08
01-21-2009, 05:11 AM
Who brought me into the conversation?! Lol, you realize this is a forum, right?
:laugh:

Whatever man, I dont want this thread to get side-tracked more than it already has.

Honestly, i had no idea this was a forum. You have to be borderline genius to know that. Why are you wasting time on here when you should be out using your knowledge for the good of the world. Everything is starting to make sense now, thank you so much!

Chest Rockwell
01-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Bro stop trying to cover up that your comebacks are lame and stop hijacking the thread. If you want to insult me do it through PMs or something.

thegreatone08
01-21-2009, 07:02 PM
Or not

Ollie Tabooger
01-21-2009, 07:50 PM
Chest Rockwell i 100% agree with you about Mullens and OSU. Mullens is so overrated, i can't believe he is going to be drafted. Along with OSU, the whole big 10 is overrated. Being a wisconsin fan, everyone from here gets all offended when ppl say the big 10 is overrated, but thats bogus. For football and basketball every year, you never see any team from the conference come up with big wins.

Anyways, conference team i can't stand: Ohio St.
Out of conference: Notre Dame-Luke Harangody is so overrated

bahama0811
01-21-2009, 11:07 PM
Conference team: Duke
Non-conference: Kansas

mkool65
01-22-2009, 02:07 AM
I really disagree about the Big Ten being overrated in basketball. We have what, 3 teams ranked right now? I think, like always, we will have multiple teams making noise in the tournament. Football is obviously down for the Big Ten right now but the only conferences ahead of us in basketball are the Big East and possibly ACC (they are on the same teir right now)

LivingThroughMe
01-22-2009, 03:28 AM
I really disagree about the Big Ten being overrated in basketball. We have what, 3 teams ranked right now? I think, like always, we will have multiple teams making noise in the tournament. Football is obviously down for the Big Ten right now but the only conferences ahead of us in basketball are the Big East and possibly ACC (they are on the same teir right now)

Plus you have to realize how much better of recruits those ACC and Big East teams get. Don't get me wrong, a lot of Big 10 teams land some pretty good recruits, but it's not uncommon to see some highly ranked good old Indiana boys defect to the east coast. You almost never see the opposite.

NY Orange
01-22-2009, 02:45 PM
When I was watching the Duke/Gtown game I was just rooting for the roof to cave in.

Also can't stand UCLA, Vermont, the ACC, and as of late Cleveland St has joined the list.

mkool65
01-22-2009, 03:18 PM
Vermont and Cleveland St? kind of random.

NY Orange
01-28-2009, 04:49 AM
Vermont and Cleveland St? kind of random.

Vermont is up there with every 'Cuse fan...after we won the BET in 2005 (with ease) we had legitimate Final Four aspirations. Losing to Vermont...only 2 hours away from Syracuse in Albany...in the first round...put those to bed.

I don't really hate Cleveland State...they're a decent ball club, but that 70 foot buzzer beater in the Dome to give us our first loss still stings.

JHG722
01-28-2009, 05:48 AM
Taylor Coppenrath FTMFW! :D

Wake's Fastball
01-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Taylor Coppenrath FTMFW! :D

Boo overlooking TJ Sorrentine.

SidTheKid
01-28-2009, 01:33 PM
Boo overlooking TJ Sorrentine.

Sorrentine FTW!

Celtic4LIFE
01-28-2009, 05:12 PM
dont forget germain mopa jila he came up HUGE in that upset... but sorrentine's three from the parking lot was great