PDA

View Full Version : Not only did we beat the Hawks but the ref's too!!!!

liltedspop
01-17-2009, 12:13 PM
That was a real statement game yes they did take a couple of bad penalties, but the officiating in last night's game WAS A F#$%^&G disgrace to this league. I have never in my 30 years of watching this game seen more putrid & horrendous officiating. The league needs to come down on that whole crew & get this right!!!! I was waiting for Renney to pull a Kennan & start throwing sticks on the ice. But all that being said this team found a way to overcome that HUGE unfairness in the game & get the 2 points. Renney was right last week when he said the team was starting to find an identity. I want to see this type of play the rest of the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

messleetch94
01-17-2009, 12:37 PM
Agreed. yes there were some bad penalties , but I mean come on. Staal for holding, Redden for interference, just to name a few. Conventional wisdom would tell you that if you are short handed that much, they are bound to score, which they did. (Chicago). But they perservered and came through.

SLY WILLIAMS
01-17-2009, 12:57 PM
I think they said the Hawks had not lost in their own building for around 2 months.

The guys are working hard and finding a way to keep piling up the points in the standings. :)

C-Rod
01-17-2009, 05:30 PM
to see the linesman go up to the ref, about 1 minute later when the play stopped and indicate he saw the infraction...l always thought when the ref misses the call, then that is it..l guess l was wrong...Hank was Hank....Thank-God.....Gutsy performance......Korpi looks good on that line with Dubi and Zherdev...Good fro Drury...But my question is this....What do you guys think of Henrik slamming his stick on the ice for Redden tipping a slap shot from one of the Hawk guys..l am a goalie myself, and l tell my "D" guys if the first guy doesn't block the shot, let me try to stop it, don't put your stick in front to try to stop it....you'll only tip or deflect it into the net...l "loved it"..Hank is so passionate !!!!!!!!!!!

jetsfan89
01-17-2009, 08:10 PM
to see the linesman go up to the ref, about 1 minute later when the play stopped and indicate he saw the infraction...l always thought when the ref misses the call, then that is it..l guess l was wrong...Hank was Hank....Thank-God.....Gutsy performance......Korpi looks good on that line with Dubi and Zherdev...Good fro Drury...But my question is this....What do you guys think of Henrik slamming his stick on the ice for Redden tipping a slap shot from one of the Hawk guys..l am a goalie myself, and l tell my "D" guys if the first guy doesn't block the shot, let me try to stop it, don't put your stick in front to try to stop it....you'll only tip or deflect it into the net...l "loved it"..Hank is so passionate !!!!!!!!!!!

i myself did not recall that.

messleetch94
01-17-2009, 09:18 PM
I know Drury broke his stick out of frustration. I like seeing that.

theRANGEREAGLES
01-17-2009, 10:06 PM
yea i am a goalie too and i tell my defensemen the same thing because some of my defensemen are ********, it really sucks because a lot of the time most people can't even tell what they did, it looks like an easy save, then people think you suck.

IU Hoosiers 3
01-17-2009, 11:31 PM
i wanted renney to run out on the ice and take out one of those refs..last night was a HUGE win for us

liltedspop
01-18-2009, 12:58 AM
Another thing is this. Come playoff time the defensive style is usually what wins & they are playing some great defensive hockey for the last week or 2!!!