PDA

View Full Version : How did this happen? Drury near a 30 goal pace?

SLY WILLIAMS
01-17-2009, 10:04 AM
15 goals in 46 games? Good for him. He is one of the good guys in sports in my opinion. Did you guys know he hit that game winning home run in the little league world series?

By the way we are back in first place. The team works hard and I have to acknowledge that. I'm happy for them. They are not the most talented team but they find a way to get things done. :)

jetsfan89
01-17-2009, 10:38 AM
he's a really streaky player. i really like him but he's the most invisible possible 30 goal scorer in recent memory. and if he wants to earn some of that salary he needs to be more consistant.

messleetch94
01-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Technically he's not a 30 goal scorer cause he amassed more than 30 only twice in his career. He averages 25 goals a yr. But I think everybody will take 30 any day of the week. Plus, with drury, its the little things he does. I liked how he showed some emotion by breaking his stick over his knee when the Rangers got called for another bad penalty.

rocowear21
01-17-2009, 01:54 PM
Very true I agree with all of you, and remember gomez and drury are second half players, so this might get interesting, we just need dubi, gomez, naslund and zherdev to start scoring again

redwhiteandblue
01-17-2009, 03:07 PM
I agree with whoever said he's the most invisible 30- goal scorer in recent memory, but also he's not an exact 30-goal scorer. The thing that kills me is as much as I love Drury, he's going to have to restructure his contract. Perhaps even him and Gomez. Drury should be making around 5-5.5, not anywhere over 7 or at that. And Gomez should maybe cut a mil to help out down the road. The only reason I say this though is that if having Redden and Roszival really comes back to bite us in the ***, we might need the salary and I don't see Redden taking a cut, or Roszival.

SLY WILLIAMS
01-17-2009, 03:56 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont think the NHL collective bargaining agreement allows for restructuring of players guaranteed contracts.

The NFL does but most their contracts are not guaranteed. Usually only their signing bonus are guaranteed in the NFL.