PDA

View Full Version : Player the Hornets should acquire...

saintdrew
01-16-2009, 04:36 PM
i've thought about it, and the hornets need a guy who can come in and get at least 15 or more a game. maybe off the bench, or maybe starting. but at the 2 spot we are weak. peja is old, and julian wright will be replacing him in a season or two. and posey is already 31, so he isn't getting any younger. i think a player we could acquire for a relative cheap cost would be minnesota timberwolves shooting guard Rashad McCants. he can hit the treys, would be a excellent 6th man to start off, and he would eventually get playing time from rasual butler and devin brown.
Randy Foye is coming into his own up in Minnesota, and Telfair is the point guard, with mccants losing minutes (now averaging under 10 min a game) i think this would be a great time for us to go in a propose something.

What do you think?

thatdude16
01-19-2009, 01:49 PM
im in on mccants that team has always been so young our squad is young but have accomplished alot (at least the core is relativly young) im a big unc fan and the guy was a stud i think put him on this team and his play wud flourish hed easily stretch the floor giving paul the lane to throw oops or pauls getting in the lane wud leave mccants open for 3.................long answer kinda bored lol

st3voness
01-21-2009, 12:26 AM
McCants would be a good pick up. I wanted to see him in Dallas earlier in the season.

kayface
01-21-2009, 12:42 AM
yeah i agree. if this could just get any kind of consistent play from their shooting guard it would set them over the top. We've got Paul to lead the floor, Peja for the threes, West for the mid range jumper and consistent scoring, and then Chandler (if he can return to last season form) the inside presence for the paint and rebounding. I feel like this team hasnt had a good SG in ages.. I wish we wouldve kept J.R Smith, i think he was something special, but him and Byron Scott didnt get along.. oh well :(

saintdrew
01-22-2009, 01:26 AM
true....well apparently mccants is being shopped by the timberwolves....

who do you guys think we could trade to get him? we gotta keep julian wright, so not him.

kayface
01-22-2009, 10:47 PM
possibly an expiring contract? but we dont really have any big ones.. so probably a draft pick? or we might need to include another team to get the deal done :(

saintdrew
01-24-2009, 04:29 AM
yeah, true. mccants is the wolves 4th leading scorer, averaging 9.6 ppg. i just don't see mccants fitting in with that team anymore.

i would absolutely love to see:
pg-cp3
sg-r.mccants
sf-p.stojakovic
pf-d.west
c-t.chandler
6th-posey
bench-j.wright
bench-h.armstrong
bench-a.daniels

seriously, the addition of mccants could propel us to beat a team like the spurs in the playoffs.

thatdude16
01-30-2009, 01:55 AM
yeah, true. mccants is the wolves 4th leading scorer, averaging 9.6 ppg. i just don't see mccants fitting in with that team anymore.

i would absolutely love to see:
pg-cp3
sg-r.mccants
sf-p.stojakovic
pf-d.west
c-t.chandler
6th-posey
bench-j.wright
bench-h.armstrong
bench-a.daniels

seriously, the addition of mccants could propel us to beat a team like the spurs in the playoffs.

gotta have mo pete in there somewhere............

GarlicStench
01-31-2009, 01:29 AM
After tonights game I say Corey maggette.