PDA

View Full Version : Create the Seeds #2-8 in the West

JordansBulls
01-16-2009, 01:48 AM
More then likely the Lakers will end up #1 out west for the playoffs seeding, however how would the #2-#8 seeding look?

what54!?
01-16-2009, 01:51 AM
#2: spurs
#3: hornets
#4: blazers
#5: nuggets
#6: Utah
#7: suns
#8: rockets ( if the injuries stop they sould be higher)

Sixerlover
01-16-2009, 01:51 AM
I fin it funny that there really is only 9 teams competing for the 8 spots. The other teams are all basically eliminated. Whereas in the East basically everyone is still alive.

Goes to show that the east is top heavy, but the west is really split between the good and bad teams.

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-16-2009, 01:53 AM
Spurs
Hornets
Nuggets
Suns
Utah
Blazers
Rockets. (I hope so)

lakers4sho
01-16-2009, 01:53 AM
2. Hornets
3. Nuggets
4. Spurs
5. Jazz
6. Phoenix
7. Portland

still unsure about Mavericks/Rockets

PRETTY BIRD!
01-16-2009, 01:54 AM
2.spurs
3.hornets
4.nuggets
5.jazz
6.suns
7.rockets
8.mavericks

9.portland out!

PRETTY BIRD!
01-16-2009, 01:57 AM
Spurs
Hornets
Nuggets
Suns
Utah
Blazers
Rockets. (I hope so)

if their injury depleted....otherwise im not sure i would like to face them in the first round!

JordansBulls
01-16-2009, 02:05 AM
Spurs
Hornets
Nuggets
Suns
Utah
Blazers
Rockets. (I hope so)

Would you want the Rockets in round 1 healthy?

x_notorious
01-16-2009, 02:12 AM
1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Hornets
4. Nuggets
5. Suns
6. Houston (if they get and stay healthy)
7. Portland
8. Utah

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-16-2009, 02:18 AM
if their injury depleted....otherwise im not sure i would like to face them in the first round!

Pull your skirt down :D

The Lakers are the better team. They are better than anyone in the west. It should be obvious to everyone after last nights game.

The Lakers were facing the second best team in the west, on the road, on a back to back, with NO back up point guard or shooting guard forcing a 34 year old Fisher to play big minutes and come back to finish the game on a pulled groin. The Spurs got a 30 foot 3 pointer at the end of the third quarter, and a shot that slipped out of the hands of Duncan right into the hoop. A phantom foul on Fisher and a no call on the trip of Ariza to end the game. And the Lakers still only lost by one.

The Spurs are the only team worth mentioning against the Lakers in the west and I dont even feel they have a good shot to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series with the Lakers having home court advantage.

The Cavs and the Celtics are the teams to worry about as long as the Lakers are healthy. Nobody else.

boms-4
01-16-2009, 02:18 AM
Spurs
Hornets
Suns
Nuggets
Blaziers
Mavs
Jazz

DODGERS&LAKERS
01-16-2009, 02:21 AM
Would you want the Rockets in round 1 healthy?

Absolutely. Why not? Its the same if they play them in the western conference finals. Its still a 7 game series. The Lakers are still the better team with home court advantage. Nothing changes from round 1 to round 3.

Plus the added bonus of the obvious curse on any team T Mac is on. Its like the Lakers are getting a first round bye.

GSW fan
01-16-2009, 02:34 AM
I honestly do not think the lakers can hold the top spot. Mark this down:

Thursday, January 15, 2009, 10:33 PM, GSW FAN says Lakers will not get the top seed!

Reyes6
01-16-2009, 02:43 AM

The Lakers are the better team. They are better than anyone in the west. It should be obvious to everyone after last nights game.

The Lakers were facing the second best team in the west, on the road, on a back to back, with NO back up point guard or shooting guard forcing a 34 year old Fisher to play big minutes and come back to finish the game on a pulled groin. The Spurs got a 30 foot 3 pointer at the end of the third quarter, and a shot that slipped out of the hands of Duncan right into the hoop. A phantom foul on Fisher and a no call on the trip of Ariza to end the game. And the Lakers still only lost by one.

The Spurs are the only team worth mentioning against the Lakers in the west and I dont even feel they have a good shot to beat the Lakers in a 7 game series with the Lakers having home court advantage.

The Cavs and the Celtics are the teams to worry about as long as the Lakers are healthy. Nobody else.

Are you seriously using a loss to describe a team as proving themselves as the best team? Every team in the West has had their injuries... the Lakers have been quite healthy compared to most of the other teams. If your using that logic...

Rockets lost by 3 to the Lakers when they had no T-Mac or Artest. The Rockets healthy must be better than the Jordan Bulls then.

I do agree that the Lakers are the best in the west right now tho, but your logic of using it is what I disagree with. Their defense still could use a LOT of work, but as long as Kobe is healthy... they are to be the favorites.

1. Lakers
2. Nuggets
3. Spurs
4. Suns
5. Hornets
6. Jazz
7. Rockets
8. Blazers

Reason for leaving Dallas Out: Feeling they will trade Josh Howard for something that really won't help them and Cuban will throw wads of money in Dirk's face in hopes he will be the next Bird.

gcoll
01-16-2009, 03:37 AM
More then likely the Lakers will end up #1 out west for the playoffs seeding, however how would the #2-#8 seeding look?

I am not even going to attempt this one.

Hellcrooner
01-16-2009, 04:33 AM
I think its going to end something like this :

1 Lakers Pac C

2 Spurs Sw C

3 Nuggets Nw C

4 Hornets (With a better record than Nuggets)

5 Suns

6 Blazers

7 Mavs

8 Rockets

9 and out Jazz ( too many Boozer Drama),

And East

1 Cavs C C

2 Magic SE C

3 Celtics A C

4 Pistons

5 Hawks

6 Bucks

7 Sixers

8 Magic

9 and out Raptors

Iron24th
01-16-2009, 04:38 AM
2. Hornets
3. Spurs
4. Suns
5. Nuggets
6. Rockets
7. Jazz
8. Portland

9. Mavs out

Young2Kinsler
01-16-2009, 04:50 AM
There is no way this current Mavs team makes the playoffs.

JordansBulls
01-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Absolutely. Why not? Its the same if they play them in the western conference finals. Its still a 7 game series. The Lakers are still the better team with home court advantage. Nothing changes from round 1 to round 3.

Plus the added bonus of the obvious curse on any team T Mac is on. Its like the Lakers are getting a first round bye.

But here is the thing, imagine T-mac breaking his curse against the Lakers of losing in round 1. That won't sit well with Lakers fans.

Tmac,lt,berkman
01-16-2009, 12:14 PM
2. Hornets
3. Rockets
4. Spurs
5. Nuggets
6. Suns
7. Portland
8. Jazz

fredv
01-16-2009, 12:42 PM
Rockets going to turn this thing around and its not even going to be funny for other teams.

Almost beat the Lakers the other night without McGrady and Artest. The bench is real real good, i'm sure we can make the playoffs without both of them. When they come back, we are going to own its going to be lethal.

DCB/LAL
01-16-2009, 07:55 PM
Rockets going to turn this thing around and its not even going to be funny for other teams.

Almost beat the Lakers the other night without McGrady and Artest. The bench is real real good, i'm sure we can make the playoffs without both of them. When they come back, we are going to own its going to be lethal.

Fact of the matter is you lost to them twice you can say almost all you want but if this were the playoffs you'd be down 2-0 already not to mention 3/5 of our bench which is the strongest part of this lakers team was out in farmar and sasha and walton our bench is what makes the lakers a strong team and yes you almost won but you've also been blown out by 29 remember?

bleedprple&gold
01-16-2009, 08:37 PM
I honestly do not think the lakers can hold the top spot. Mark this down:

Thursday, January 15, 2009, 10:33 PM, GSW FAN says Lakers will not get the top seed!

Why do you think that, and more importantly, why should we care?

JordansBulls
01-16-2009, 09:47 PM

Almost doesn't count.

Bosh=nextKG
01-16-2009, 10:20 PM
2. San Antonio
3. Houston
4. Denver
5. New Orleans
6. Phoenix
7. Utah
8. Portland

FOBolous
01-16-2009, 10:54 PM

confident aren't you? you can't compare your team's injury problems to the Rockets...Houston has had a different starting lineup almost every game...Battier's been injured most of the season along with Artest, Tmac, and Brent Barry. The last game we play against yall is actually the first game Battier's been back for awhile. The lack of a consistant lineup is a big reason why Houston is struggling so much...our players still haven't found their groove with each other yet cause..well...they haven't really got the chance too.

make no mistake though...Houston's going to be a dangerous team once our players find their chemistry with each other...with or without Tmac. And you Lakers fan shouldn't be so confident especially considering the history of Kobe's struggles against Battier and now add Artest to the mix and you can understand why you shouldn't be so confident.

lakerboy
01-16-2009, 11:11 PM
I'm actually very confident with my Lakers, but I want them to have the easiest time in the first round. But there is no team in the west that you can simply cruise over.

So I was actually thinking Phoenix. Just because I want revenge :)

dre1990
01-16-2009, 11:15 PM
#2: Denver
#3: Spurs
#4: Portland
#5: New Orleans
#6: Utah
#7: Phoenix
#8: Dallas

superkegger
01-16-2009, 11:22 PM
I fin it funny that there really is only 9 teams competing for the 8 spots. The other teams are all basically eliminated. Whereas in the East basically everyone is still alive.

Goes to show that the east is top heavy, but the west is really split between the good and bad teams.

The west is very top heavy, and it doesn't make it any easier for those bad teams to win games having to play those teams at the top in the west either.

Anyway, here's my prediction

1. Lakers
2. Spurs
3. Nuggets
4. Portland
5. Hornets
6. Suns
7. Houston
8. Utah

9. Mavs miss out.

DCB/LAL
01-17-2009, 12:02 AM
confident aren't you? you can't compare your team's injury problems to the Rockets...Houston has had a different starting lineup almost every game...Battier's been injured most of the season along with Artest, Tmac, and Brent Barry. The last game we play against yall is actually the first game Battier's been back for awhile. The lack of a consistant lineup is a big reason why Houston is struggling so much...our players still haven't found their groove with each other yet cause..well...they haven't really got the chance too.

make no mistake though...Houston's going to be a dangerous team once our players find their chemistry with each other...with or without Tmac. And you Lakers fan shouldn't be so confident especially considering the history of Kobe's struggles against Battier and now add Artest to the mix and you can understand why you shouldn't be so confident.

Im a laker fan and by no means am i afraid of Houston not now and not ever and your battier comment yeah he may play good against kobe but what about trying to contain him in a Seven game series??? I dont thinks so not happening

Tmac,lt,berkman
01-20-2009, 01:13 AM
Fact of the matter is you lost to them twice you can say almost all you want but if this were the playoffs you'd be down 2-0 already not to mention 3/5 of our bench which is the strongest part of this lakers team was out in farmar and sasha and walton our bench is what makes the lakers a strong team and yes you almost won but you've also been blown out by 29 remember?

are you serious if we had everybody on the court in both of those games we would have beat yall twice. and none of the people you named were anygood. Wait until we get artest and t-mac back and are playing after the all-star break we will at least get the third seed and probaly take the #1 spot from the lakers. THIS GOES FOR ALL LAKERS FANS.

Tmac,lt,berkman
01-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Im a laker fan and by no means am i afraid of Houston not now and not ever and your battier comment yeah he may play good against kobe but what about trying to contain him in a Seven game series??? I dont thinks so not happening

watch we will play yall in the conference finals and beat yall in six games.