PDA

View Full Version : NBA Cares: Required or Not?

lakers4sho
01-15-2009, 11:58 PM
Is the NBA Cares thing required for NBA players (which I think it is), or is it just something the players do but it isn't really required? It would be nice it the latter was the case, but I think it's the first one.

td0tsfinest
01-16-2009, 12:07 AM
Well I think their respective organizations ask(makes) them volunteer around their community, kind of like a publicity for the organizations and at the same time giving something back. However, I think some of things like NBA without Borders are volunteered by the players. I think thats why you see mix of great players (Caron Butlers) and ok players (Ronny Turiaf, Pat Garrity)

All in all, I think its great that they actually meet these kids world wide and interact with them. Giving money to charity is one thing but I think its great when you're actually part of the product thats given back to the community.

lakers4sho
01-16-2009, 12:18 AM
So it's basically a volunteer service, not a requirement?

Trouble87
01-16-2009, 12:40 AM
I think its required... NBA just trying to get some positive press on their players by making them do a few hours of charity ever so often

Its a good thing for the most part...

superkegger
01-16-2009, 01:03 AM
I'm pretty sure its required. I also am pretty sure as far as charity work goes, the NBA is leaps and bounds ahead of the other pro sports.

GspLAL
01-16-2009, 06:09 AM
Think the NBA should focus on their corrupt league more than anything.

HiphopRelated
01-16-2009, 08:23 AM
It's in the CBA....

bleedprple&gold
01-16-2009, 03:55 PM
I always thought it wasn't a requirement because only a select few players actually do it (or at least that we hear about). Even if its not required, its still good to force these players give something back to the community, when they probably would not go out of their way to do it otherwise.